Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Ulrin Lightbringer (played by Earendill) Topic Starter

"So, still sure coming with me was a good idea?" Ulrin inquired as he looked at Yveine "Now that you've seen just how dangerous it can be. Well, dangerous, this was only dangerous because we were running out of time. There's way more real dangers in other world. The kind that can eat you."
Yveine (played by Anonymouse)

"Based on my abilities, I can escape from something's jaws if it truly tried. Besides... I'm not really that good of a catch." She said, making light of it to cope with her own fears as she smiled up at him.

"Those sound like famous last words right before getting eaten by a giant fish." Ulrin retorted with a smile "Then again, what's life without a little danger, eh?" he added in as he pointed to the ground "Aha! I spy with my little eye a purple leyline!"

She looked over and spotted it, grinning. "Wonderful." She said, takinghis hand and walking towards it.

The trip towards the new portal was rather uneventful. However, when the two arrived at the location of the nexus they would find themselves right on time to see a portal close.

"Well, good thing we weren't earlier than this. It might've closed before I got to stabilize it. And getting stuck on some strange world doesn't really appeal to me." Ulrin let out a sigh and sat down "I have no idea how much time there is in between portals."

She yawned a bit, looking at him. "We must have been travelling for some time, though." She said softly, stretching before looking up at him. "What would you have done if you were trapped in my world..?" She asked.

Ulrin shrugged "I wouldn't know. Time hardly works properly in the Crossroads." Ulrin turned to look at Yveine when she posed the question "I don't know. Probably make myself comfortable in an enchanted forest and settle down with one of those foxy mermaids." Ulrin replied, laughing "Though in all seriousness, I'd probably be waiting for a way back to open, or find my own."

"Oh... I see.." She said, looking down. She had thought he'd actually stay with her until he found a way back, or maybe just stay with her. Sitting down, she laid on her side and stared up at the vast expanse of the crossroads. "What does it mean... to have someone that is always there for you?" She asked to no one in particular.

Ulrin made himself a fluffy pile of Crossroads dust and got comfortable "But hey, don't worry, we'd work something out if we got stuck. At least we wouldn't be alone, right?" Ulrin turned to face Yveine "Probably that you're very lucky. Or very special." Ulrin mused to himself, stroking his beard in throught.

She sighed, rolling up a dustcloud and throwing her over skirt over it. "Maybe... The next safe place we go... I should stay there." She said softly.

Ulrin stopped rubbing his beard and gave quite the disappointed look "Oh, tired of adventuring so soon then? Shame, I was starting to enjoy your company." Ulrin sighed and turns his dustchair a bit "I suppose it's you're choice. I wouldn't force you to stay."

That's actually what she wanted. All she wanted was to feel like someone needed her. After being alone most of her life, she felt useless to the world. When she met him, she saw a light of hope for herself. She curled up more on the dustcloud and sighed. Unable to sleep, she got up, tying her overskirt back on. She started walking towards a line and followed it, not glancing back as she walked.

Ulrin was pretty fast asleep by then and didn't notice her leaving. As for Yveine, she wouldn't bump into anything she hadn't seen yet. The Crossroads was nothing but an endless maze of colors and dust.

She sighed and kept walking, finding a gentle aquamarine line and following it. To her surprise, the crystal was only about a hundred feet from her. She ran on the the line, following it and sitting beside the large crystal.

The large aquamarine crystal was humming gently when Yveine approached it and its light was flickering on and off. Tiny crystals started growing all around in flower patterns.

In the meanwhile, Ulrin was still sleeping soundly.

She watched, amazed at such a thing. She supposed the flowers meant somewhere safe, a soft smile on her face as she watched the beautiful crystals.

The flowers eventually popped and turned into the dust that was all around the Crossroads, getting drawn back into the large crystal from where the process was repeated over and over again. In the meanwhile a few surviving stragglers were intertwining into what was starting to look like the frame of a portal.

She smiled, holding a handful of the dust before letting it back into the open space around her.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus