Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Ulrin Lightbringer (played by Earendill) Topic Starter

Ulrin shook his head "I should've known something was off, the portal felt strange enough." he said with a sigh, looking at Yveine "This is what happens when a world dies off. It's nothing but an echo of something long past, held onto by the Crossroads by that one little portal. The only reason we're still alive is probably because we're something strange to this world and it's having trouble making us vanish."
Yveine (played by Anonymouse)

"Maybe we should get back to the portal. It's probably not safe for us to linger any longer." She said. She was a fraid to move, though, as if one of the shadowlike people would try to hurt her.

"Yes, we should. As fast as we can. Oh, and try not to touch any of them. They might not have noticed us so far, but I wouldn't take chances that it'll stay that way." and with that Ulrin inched towards the portal, only to have to leap back again and again to dodge a dancing couple.

She nodded, staying along the edge of the wall. Being a petite person, she could easily dodge anything by ducking. She gestured for Ulrin to run across as fast as he could when most of the couples had danced to the other side. She stood by the portal, not wanting to leave without him.

Ulrin sighed, he was never going to get through that without incident. So he did the next best thing, he rushed though. He walked through a bunch of the people in the process, not to mention some seemed to still be solid enough to push over. By the time Ulrin got to the portal, most of the ballroom had stopped dancing, the music had stopped and every single ghostly eye was directed to the two visitors.

Yveine glanced around, feeling shivers run down her spine. "Okay, time to go." She said softly, grabbing Ulrin's hand and pushing back through the portal.

All the ghosts suddenly screamed out at the same time, a high-pitch scream combined with most of them falling onto their knees. The room around them seem to just fade away slowly "Yeah, I completely agree with that." was all Ulrin said before hurrying through the portal as well. This time it seemed ever harder than before to get through, though not impossible.

She pushed through, pantng lightly as they made it out of there and into the Crossroads. "That was scary..." She said softly, looking up at him and pouting somewhat.

Ulrin dropped to the ground with quite a smack as he got through the portal through the sheer force he had to use moments earlier to push through "I've had worse." he replied, laughing. The sorcerer rolled on his back "I warned you it would be dangerous."

She sat down, sighing lightly. "I've made a horrible mistake in choosing this path." She said, trying not to laugh as she looked over at him. "You okay..?"

"And why would that be? We're alive, aren't we? No harm done." Ulrin key laying down on the ground for now "Yeah, I'm fine. Are you? Probably more excitement than you're used to in your little cave back home."

Yveine let out a gentle sigh, laying herself down on the cool ground to keep her head calm. "I've never felt such a fearful thing in my life... My heart's racing, and my face is burning..." She said softly, curling up a bit as she rolled onto her side and looked over at him. "Is this what some call adrenaline?"

Ulrin laughed for a moment "Oh yes, this is definitely adrenaline. Doesn't it feel great? Doesn't it make you feel truly alive? It's a wonderful thing, danger. Without it we never really learn to appreciate safety."

"More alive than what we saw earlier." She said softly, smiling over at him as she sat up. "Maybe we could visit a much nicer world, hm..?"

Ulrin kept laying down for now "Well, the thing is you never know the world untill you see it. It might look safe but not be it or vice versa."

"It's just... so confusing." She said softly, sighing as she stood and stretched. "Well... I suppose we should find another portal.."

Ulrin nodded and promptly stood up as well "If you wish. Plenty of portals to choose from!" Ulrin turned around and gestured all around "Make your pick."

"I'd rather you pick one." She said softly, looking up at him with a sheepish smile.

"If you wish." Ulrin replied, looking around the Crossroads with a pondering look upon his face "I feel like purple today. Yes, purple!" and off the sorcerer went, in search of a leyline he'd like.

She smiled and followed like the obedient child she was, making sure not to lose sight of him as they walked on, searching for the right path.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus