Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Ulrin Lightbringer (played by Earendill) Topic Starter

Ulrin was still seated in the same spot as he was before Yveine had gone to sleep "Morning. Or well, not really morning, but you get the idea." Ulrin spoke up, turning his pile of dust around with a twirl of his hand "Slept well?"
Yveine (played by Anonymouse)

"I... I suppose so." She said, smiling at him. "So, should we continue on our journey?" She asked, sitting on her dust cloud, shooting a smile his way as she looked around again.

Ulrin shrugged "Choice is yours, dear. It's your first trip, it's only fair I let you pick. Stay here and admire the Crossroads or move onwards to a bright new shining portal. We've got all the time in the world to do either."

"Hm.." Yveine started to think, looking at him and grinning. "Let's do both. Just stroll along and admire the walk as weo go." She said and stood.

Ulrin pushed himself off the cloud of dust, landing on the road without even a sound "Very well. An excellent choice indeed!" Ulrin replied with a smile, gesturing to the road ahead "After you, m'lady."

Yveine nodded, taking a step forward and smiling as they started to walk. "How long do ou think it should take to fnd the next portal?" She asked after about twenty minutes.

Ulrin pointed upwards as she asked that question "Oh, it's right there. Shouldn't be too long, I can see the junction up ahead." And if she looked up, she'd indeed see the indigo leyline ending in what seemed to be a glowing crystal.

"Wooooow...." She said, smiling to herself. "This place is indeed amazing."

"Yes, yes it is." Ulrin replied as they walked up to the junction ahead "I wonder how it came to be. It looks too chaotic to be made on purpose, yet it's too functional to be a mere accident. The only pity is that it's not that easy getting where you want. I've noticed the colors of the leylines give some indication to what sort of place you go to, but I've never had a leyline create a portal to the same place twice. Maybe it cycles through them, maybe it picks worlds at random and quite possibly I'm completely wrong about anything I think to know about this place."

"Well... It seems to me that colors run everywhere, and we just have to be wise in decisions." She said, looking back at Ulrin.

"Well yeah." Ulrin said as he pointed to the junction. There was another crystal there, yet it was completely colorless and one could simply see through it. The indigo leyline hit it and from there spread around into different indigo leylines "There's infinite amounts of colors, after all. There's a slight nuance between each and every one of those lines. Hard to notice with the naked eye, but easy enough to spot with a bit of magic training."

She nodded. "Do you think you could train me in magic? Like an apprentice?" Yveine asked, looking up at him. "I'd love to be able to do all sorts of magic." She added, twiddling her fingers.

"Tips and tricks perhaps. I doubt you'd want to wield the magic I do. It's a tempting power that is equally destructive as it is creative." Ulrin replied, sighing "Although I've picked up quite a bit of knowledge along the way. Might be able to assist you in improving your water manipulation."

"That'll do. Upon reading the books I had, I understood that the stronger my magic becomes, the stronger my willpower must be in order to wield it." She said, nodding as she glanced up at him.

Ulrin stared into the crystal at the junction for a while longer "In order to wield magic that directly affect the world, you need to want to change the world. You need to will the water to move with every fiber of your being. You need to be the water, control it as you'd control your own mind and body. The stronger you feel that connection, the stronger your magic will be. Willing in't the most important step, however." Ulrin broke his gaze off the crystal to look at Yveine "

She looked up and nodded to him, smiling a bit. "All right then. But what do we do now..?" She asked.

"We follow the right trail." Ulrin stated, pointing to one of the leylines "That one leads to the nexus we saw earlier."

She gave a nod, looking at the lines. focusing on one, she picked one that seemed like a dark blue, but light violet. following it, she gestured for him to follow her, a childlike grin on her face.

"Oh, changed your mind then?" Ulrin inquired, though promptly following after her "Can't guarantee that nexus will be just as close as the other. Although I suppose we do have time."

"I thought it was the same line..." She said meekly, looking back at him. "Which was the same line..?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus