Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Ulrin Lightbringer (played by Earendill) Topic Starter

Ulrin nodded at that "It does, but I usually manage. I've met a bunch of friends over my travels." Ulrin glanced over the girl "Never a more permanent..'companion', if you will. It's dangerous though, you might just be better off here."
Yveine (played by Anonymouse)

Yveine nodded, sighing lightly. She sat down on her bed, looking down. She thought she had found her one way out, but was wrong. "You're right... I'm probably better off being here and by myself for the rest of my life." She said, curling her legs up and hugging them.

Ulrin started rubbing his beard "I'm not saying you can't. Just warning you. If you're willing to accept the fact you can die pretty much at any given moment when we're travelling, be it by portal failure or whatever things we might encounter. Not to mention we could get stuck just about anywhere with no chance of ever getting back. Then, I might consider taking you with me. After all, who am I to deny you your freedom."

Yveine looked up at him, smiling a bit. "I can protect myself. I've been reading books on how to use defensive magic." She said and stood, looking over at him. "I just was never able to find a way out get out of here..." Yveine added, sighing as she ran her hand through her hair.

Ulrin rose to his feet "That's what a lot of people say. They still die. Besides, not all dangers can be protected from that easily. If we end up in a rogue portal, chances are we'll be ripped to shreds before we even realize it." Ulrin kept rubbing his beard in contemplation nonetheless "Oh well, it's your choice. I'm not going to say no to a charming young lady that wants to see the world. After all, what is beauty worth if you can't share the experience with someone?"

She smiled, beaming up at him a bit. "Thanks, Ulrin.." She said sweetly. "Though, the first problem is getting me out of here without the barrier resisting me." She said, sighing lightly.

Ulrin looked around "Well, I can't move the portal. We have to get there, else we'll never get safel to the Crossroads. What exactly is this barrier all about? Why are you trapped here anyway?"

She sighed a bit. "To be honest, I'm here because of a war. I was stowed away until the war in my home country ends, by I doubt anyone will come back for me." She said. "A barrier was placed around the pond to keep nonmagic and evil-hearted people out so no harm could come to me." She said, looking back at him. "I only know defensive magic, nothing else."

Ulrin started rubbing his beard in thought again "Hrm. Must be some way to open it, if they ever planned on getting you out. A barrier needs a power soruce, something that sustains it. Anything here that would serve that purpose?"

She thought about it. "Let's see... If it feeds off magic, and it's sustaining with no one here but me..." Yveine said, sighing. "It's probably feeding off my magic. That's why it's hard for me to use my magic." She said, looking up at him as she stood.

Ulrin rose a finger in the air "That's a brilliant deduction, my dear, but that poses quite a conondrum for us. YOu can't go away as long as the barrier is here, but as long as you're here, there's a barrier." Ulrin sighed and sat down again "Damn."

She sat back down on her bed, laying down and groaning. "Maybe cutting the tie between me and the pond..? Or something.." She said, scratching her head in thought.

Quietly ponderer for a few moment.
"Draining you to the point of exhaustion is possible. If the barrier doesn't have enough power, we might be able to break through. Or indeed, as you said, severing the link. We'll have to figure out how to get that done though."

She thought about it. "Can you... um... Try to draw power from both the pond and myself?" She asked, tilting her head as she looked over.

Ulrin just stared at her for a moment "I could try, but that could be dangerous. You see, the magic I wield doesn't mix well with other types of energy. I suppose if we take our time in doing so and nothing interferes, it shouldn't be that much of a problem."

She smiled, stepping close and giving him a light hug. "Thank you." She whispered. "Ah... In the mean time, I can cook us something to eat." She said, looking up at him. She grabbed a large cauldronlike pot, stepping outside and catching some waer, purifying it as she stepped back inside.

She put the pot above the fire in her fireplace, then grabbed a small box. She took out some carrots, potatoes, onions, and some beans, cutting them up with a silver knife she had kept by her side at all times. Slipping the mix into the broth, she sprinkled some powders into it, adding more flavor.

"Here, taste." She said, holding out a wooden spoon ladeling the soup she had just created.

Ulrin was a bit surprised at the sudden human contact. Well, 'human', though he did return the hug after a short moment of hesitation. "Don't thank me yet, you're still stuck here for the moment."
Whilst the girl was cooking, the sorcerer just sat at the table pondering. That is, until the glint of something all too familiar and hardly welcome was caught from the corner of his eye. At the sight of the silver knife, Ulrin shot up in reflex "I...uh...wow, that's a nice knife you have there. Quite a luxury for a girl living all by her self in a little cave in the middle of a forest."

The sight of food soon overpowered the fear of a little insignificant metal and Ulrin tasted the soup most willingly "Oh, finally some food I recognise. That hasn't happened in a while."

She smiled, picking up one ofthe bowls on the table and cleaning it before dipping it into the pot, pulling it out as it was full. She gave him a small wooden spoon that was more concaved, handing him the bowl graciously.

She prepared her own bowl, using another small spoon. I found the knife in my fireplace, actually. I think someone tried to stab the stump up top, and it fell through." She said, looking over at him from across the table.

Ulrin thanked her for the meal, waiting for her to fill up her own bowl before starting to eat "Strange thing to carry around though, a silver knife. Then again, this isn't an ordinary place. Wouldn't be surprised if there were things around that didn't like silver. Werewolves and the likes."

She nodded, lifting a spoonful and blowing lightly as she took a sip of it. She looked over at him, smiling lightly. "I have no other reason to carry the knife... nothing dangerous can get in here." Yveine said, turning her attention to object beside her.

"I know what you're thinking... You're dangerous, you just decide not to bring any danger around me." She said, giving him a small wink as she continued eating her soup.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus