Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Ulrin Lightbringer (played by Earendill) Topic Starter

The crystal nexus of the leyline suddenly shot out a beam of light onto the floor behind it. "Ah, it's starting." Ulrin stated as he glanced over at it "Shouldn't be too much longer." Gaze then went back to Yveine "No animal? Person then?"
Yveine (played by Anonymouse)

She jumped up, looking around as she gaped in amazement. Glancing back at him, she giggled. "Not a person, either."

Ulrin sighed "Not an animal, not a person. Unless you happen to own a pet rock, I'm all out of ideas. I give up, what is it?" the sorcerer said as he rose up to his feet to examine the portal forming. Crystals were slowly growing up from the floor to form the arc that was to be the frame of it.

"It's a rose." She said, smiling up at him. "Plants are alive, too." She looked up at the frame, afraid to reach out and touch it.

Ulrin smacked his forehead "Of course. Plants. Never think of those things." Ulrin watched the crystal grow as well "The Crossroads is a strange yet beautiful place. Growing portals. It -grows- them. Brilliant." Ulrin stated the last with a smile.

"I'll say..." She whispered, smiling as she looked at it. "It's beautiful."

Ulrin nodded "It indeed. A marvel of a world it is. Glad I came across it." The crystal eventually made the ellipse that was to be the portal soon, the moment the two ends touched a slight glow spreading across the area.

Yveine was mezmerized by the moment of the glowing, backing up as she stood by Ulrin. "I swear, if I wasn't a mermaid, I wouldn't have believe this would have existed."

"I still sometimes can't believe it and I've been here for quite some time." Ulrin replied as he looked over to Yveine standing with him. In the meanwhile the portal neared completion. Enerygy crackled in the archway and soon they would be able to see glimpses of the other world through the portal. It was a room of sorts, with a shining floor. The only lights came from a few candles here and there that burned with an eerie blue flame.

Yveine smiled, looking about. "Is it safe to cross through...?" She asked softly, looking up at Ulrin.

Ulrin nodded to the girl "It's perfectly safe. The portal seems stable enough and trust me, I have quite a bit of experience with those things." Ulrin peered through the portal "Well, ladies first? Or you'd rather I check if the way is clear?"

She took his hand much like a child would, afraid to be apart from him either way. "I'd rather you go first..." She said softly, looking up cautiously.

Ulrin took a steady hold of her hand and leading her up to the portal "Very well." was the last thing the sorcerer said before he stepped through the portal. This one was quite different from the one they used to enter from her world, it was almost as if they had to push through a thin yet ice-cold veil of water to get through.

Yveine felt herself shiver at the feeling as they passed through, looking around. "What is this place...?" She asked softly, looking back at the portal, then up at Ulrin.

Ulrin turned around immediatly after Yveine had stepped through and marked something onto the portal's frame. After that he looked around. The room was huge with towering windows and mirrors at the walls and a slightly shimmering floor. At one end was a large wooden door, decorated with silver and at the other, upon a slight elevation, stood a couple of thrones "If I'm not mistaken, this is a ballroom."

"Wow..." She said softly, smiling as she looked around. She stepped further out, footsteps lightly echoing as she smiled. "It feels so cold, though... Like it hasn't been used in years." She said, looking back at Ulrin before stepping towards the wondow.

The sorcerer nodded "I agree. This place feels abandoned. Though if it is, who lit those candles?" he asked, pointing at the blue-flamed candles burning on the walls and from the ceiling. The window outside didn't show much. The air was heavily clouded and the lands around the building they were in were covered in pitch darkness.

"I don't know..." She said softly, touching the window. It looked to be night outside, though it was hard to tell. "Those candles are probably magic. Nothing burns blue and doesn't light a room." She said softly, stepping back over to him.

Ulrin looked around some more "Well, they do light it up somewhat, it's hardly as dark in here as it is outside. We can actually see the room." Ulrin noted "And nothing might burn blue in your world, but that doesn't hold for other worlds, not per se." he added in.

She nodded. Yveine would have to understand not everything would make snese to her, otherwise she may geti not trouble. "Wait... What if someone were to discover us in here...?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus