Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Ulrin Lightbringer (played by Earendill) Topic Starter

"If it doesn't want to eat us, I suppose we can explain what we're doing here." Ulrin said, smiling "And else we make a dash for the portal, of course." The sorcerer stretched out and looked around the room again "But, we'll worry about that when it happens. As for now, we should enjoy our trip while we can." Ulrin bowed slightly and held out his hand "May I have this dance?"
Yveine (played by Anonymouse)

She gave him a smiled, curtsying before taking his hand gently. Stepping close, she rested her hand on his shoulder, waiting for him to take the lead.

Ulrin lifted their hands up and placed his free hands on her waist "I can't even remember the last time I danced. I stuck myself away in dusty libraries for way too long." and off they went, twirling over the dancefloor.

She smiled up at him. "I'm not a good dancer... Hardly any room in that cave to dance." She said softly, spinning out and back to him. Stepping lightly, she tried to keep up with his feet, making sure she didn't step on them.

Ulrin shrugged that off "You're young, plenty of time to learn!" he exclaimed as he proceeded to show her every square feet of the floor "At least it won't hurt if someone as light as you steps on my toes."

Yveine giggled a bit, looking back up at him as the crossed over the floors. "Do you think it would be safe to travel out those doors..?" She asked softly, glancing back at him then the doors.

Ulrin lead her a bit closer to the doors so he could examine them somewhat every time they passed "Only one way to find out, I suppose. I know about as much about this world as you do."

She nodded, breaking the dance between them as she lightly stepped over. She grabbed the handle, turning it with a creak as the door shifted. It sounded very old, surprising her a bit. as she opened the door, she saw a hallway similar to the ballroom. It was dark, having an eeire, blue and icy feeling to it. Blue flamed torches lit the way dow the halls, large windows of stained glass with strange creatures lining the other side.

The moment the door creaked open a wind filled the ballroom, despite there being no apparent openings for it. The candles flickered, casting even more eerie shadows on the walls. "This looks less and less like an abandoned building and more like a haunted mansion."

Yveine swallowed a bit drily, looking back at him. "I... I want to keep exploring... But I don't know if it's dangerous or not." She whispered.

Ulrin walked through the door and grabbed a hold of Yveine's hand "We can always head back if you want. Nothing's stopping us."

Giving a shy nod, she stepped back into the ballroom. "But... What's fun without a little risk..?" She asked, grinning a bit.

Ulrin grinned as well "Ah, now that's asking the right question! Off we go then!" and off he went indeed, pulling her with her if she didn't let his hand go.

The girl followed him, grinning slightly. "What kind of things do you suppose would live here...?" She asked softly.

Ulrin shrugged "No idea. Spirits, monsters, evil witches wanting to devour young mermaids? Beats me, but we'll find out!"

She sighed a bit, looking around until she saw another door at the other side of the hall. Walking with him, she gingerly opened it, peeking outside. It looked like a war had passed, the world thrust in a cold, dark shadow.

"No...this can't be." the sorcerer mumbled, coming to a stop near the exit "I don't think we should step outside." he added it as he brushed a hand over the wall next to him "This world is wrong. It's wrong, something's terribly wrong here."

She nodded, turning back towards the hall and walking beside him. "We should go..>" She whispered, walkig quickly, almost running to the door as if itself were going to disappear.

What Yveine found when she neared the ballroom was not a closing door however, but a myriad of people in fancy costumes and dresses dancing about the floor. There was even an orchestra playing and what one could presume to be royalty sitting on the thrones. Strangest of all, however, was that everything was still dark with that eerie blue glow and that some people seemed to zap in and out of existance now and then.

Ulrin caught up with Yveine eventually, having taken his time to examine their surroundings before following behind her "This isn't a world." he said with a gasp as he noticed the people.

She stepped closer to him. "Th-then what is it..?" She asked softly, looking up at him as she clutched his arm.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus