Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Ulrin Lightbringer (played by Earendill) Topic Starter

The space around his hands started to blur, slowly spreading out towards the chimney. It wasn't long before Ulrin himself seemed to blur ever-so-slightly, whilst the crackling of energy could be heard but not seen.
Yveine (played by Anonymouse)

Yveine watched, taking covered behind her table as she watched what he was doing.

The inside of the chimney turned into a slightly pulsating goo, forming into a makeshift ladder. Once the process was done, Ulrin lowered his hands and opened his eyes. It took quite a bit longer for everything to settle, though, and Ulrin just stood there, frozen for a moment.

Yveine peeked above the table, walking over as she looked at the sorcerer. "Ulrin.. .are you okay?" She asked, touching his arm gently.

Yveine would feel a strange tingling sensation when she touched him, to the point of pain. Ulrin only responded a few second later "No! No! Never touch me when I'm purging energy from my body. It might leap to you! And who knows what happens then, you can't control chaos magic. Even I can barely control it, it's more gently nudging."

She pulled back immediately, shaking her hand and nodding. "Understood." She said, putting her finger in her mouth to soothe the small pain.

Ulrin shook his head but soon his lips once more curled to a smile and he gestured to the newly made ladder "Et voila, your way up m'lady. You want to go first?"

She nodded, walking over to the ladder. She stepped up slowly, the light coming from above her getting brighter. Yveine poked her head out of the hole, looking around. She reached up, struggling against a force as she pulled herself out of the hold in the ground.

The barrier released her, letting the girl tumble forward and roll in the grass. She sat up laughing, blades of grass in her hair and on her face. "It feels so great to be out of there!" She said and stood, stretching her arms upward.

Ulrin followed behind her, stretching out as he reached the end "Ah, glorious freedom. Was getting a bit damp there." Ulrin walked up to Yveine "And there'll be many more place to go to! This is just a start. That is, if you still want to join me. Your choice."

She looked at him, thinking about it. "These.. .portals... There's no guarantee I'll see you again if I stay here, is there?" She asked, tilting her head.

Ulrin looked off to the forest at that question "If I leave, odds are extremely low the Crossroads will take me back here. At least not soon. And I can't exactly control them, not yet that is." Ulrin sighed and returned his gaze to Yveine "So yeah, the choice is pretty much stay here forever and join me. Do remember, you might not see your home again in a very long time, or ever for that matter."

She smiled, looking up at him. "I don't mind leaving it.. A weary traveler could come along and find it. I'm sure they would be happy to find a small home to stay in." She said, stretching and popping her shoulders and spine lightly.

Yveine looked up at him. "Besides... All I need is a pair of shoes, and I'm ready to go." She said.

Ulrin looked around "Now we just need to get back down so we can get to the portal." Ulrin looked back to Yveine "As for shoes, I'm sure we can pick some up along the way. I could probably even make some if I tried."

She looked around, spotting a fallen tree. "There. We can easily step down that tree like a... a ramp or something." She said, walking over to it. She stepped on it gently, testing its strength, before starting walk down it with nimble balance.

Once at the bottom, she looked up. "It's safe!" Yveine called, squirming as leaves crunched under her toes.

Ulrin walked up to the tree "Except that I'm a lot heavier than you are." the sorcerer hesitated for a moment "Oh well, here goes nothing!" and then -ran- down the trunk, only to trip near the end and ending flat on the ground. "Succes." he groaned.

She giggled a bit, helping him p. "I forget how light I am..." She said, looking down a little. She was surprised at how light she was, what with her heavy assets. Looking back at him, Yveine merely smiled.

"Maybe I can make a pair of shoes.." She said, trying to think of something. She couldn't go around with bare feet, that's for sure.

Ulrin scrambled up with her help, rubbing his head "Well, you're only a small teenage girl after all." Ulrin looked around for the portal "Ah! There it is! We can worry about shoes later. We're best off going through there first. I've never had it close on me before, but I'd rather not take risks."

She nodded, taking his hand as she walked with him to the portal. Looking over at her home one last time, she let out a sigh, clutching a small shell pendant in her hand as she stepped through the portal with him.

Yveine wasn't going to miss anyone, seeing as no one cared to visit her in the first place.

The world beyond the portal was quite different indeed, what with all the colorful leylines flowing everywhere and the roads stretching onwards in very direction like a collection of spiderwebs. The space between roads was of the purest black, only disturbed by clouds of dust that contained every color imaginable "Welcome to your new home, I suppose."

"It's amazing..." She said, looking around in aw. She wasn't sure where the roads ended or began, holding on to his arm in case she fell or missed a step.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus