Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Ulrin Lightbringer (played by Earendill) Topic Starter

Ulrin's eyes were often found trailing back to the knife "The fact that I do not bring danger willingly doesn't imply I do not bring danger. You'd be surprised of how often I ended up hurting people by accident. Magic is a dangerous thing." Ulrin sighed "Part of it's allure I suppose. Anyway, it's the only way to get you out of here as far as I can tell and freedom is worth a little risk, no?" Ulrin smiled and nommed the hell out of that soup.
Yveine (played by Anonymouse)

((ooc: I lol'd at that xD))

Yveine smiled a bit, scratching her head lightly. She finished her soup, standing up and putting her bowl away. She turned to him, a light smile on her lips. "Want any seconds?" She asked, looking over at him as she stirred the soup up to keep it from becoming still and chalky.

Ulrin finished the bowl and lifted it into the air like the glorious container of awesome it was "Oh, yes please! Always have had an insatiable appetite and all this time on the Crossroads haven't done it in!"

She laughed softly, passing him a bowl as she took his empty one. "Glad to see you have a large appetite." She said.

Ulrin yet again nommed the hell out of that soup "And I'm glad you're cooking isn't making me lose it." Ulrin replied with a wink "Besides, you don't always get decent meals when travelling like I do."

"Then I can cook." She said, smiling at him. "I can catch something wherever we are and use my knife to skin it. Then make something out of it, at least." She said. "You haven't tried my rabbit roast yet." Yveine said, passing him another bowl of soup.

Ulrin laughed at that "Oh, don't make me too excited dear." he replied as he took the new bowl of soup "How long have you been here anyway? You still look pretty young to me, a teenager even."

She looked at him, stirring the soup lightly. "I am a teenager. I'm sixteen years old." She said, casting her gaze back at the soup. "I just don't look my age sometimes."

"Still didn't answer how long you've been trapped here." the sorcerer commented in between spoonfuls of soup "And sixteen, that's pretty young. Oh well, I suppose it's a good thing then that I stumbled upon you before you spent the rest of your life in this little cave."

"To be honest... I've been here for as long as I can remember." She said. Yveine turned to him, a soft smile on her face. "My guardian left me to go check on my home country... and never came back." She said, sitting back down at the table.

"You're telling me you've never been out there?" Ulrin asked, surprise evident on his face as he pointed to the door "You're just a young girl, you're supposed to be exploring the world in your own little way, make mistakes...live. How do you manage? I'd personally be bored to death before they even got the chance to get me out of here." the sorcerer shook his head "I'd rather die in a war then be locked up somewhere, but that's just me."

"I keep myself busy by singing." She said, turning and looking at him. "Every day, at dawn and dusk, I sing so the animals around here will wake up or go to sleep." She said, sitting down and combing her hair up into a bun. "They seem to like my voice." She said sheepishly.

Ulrin laughed "Aha, just like the mermaids of the myths then. Perhaps it's what coaxed the Crossroads into transporting me here, who knows. It seems to be attracted to sources of magic." Ulrin stood up "But we're digressing! Enough time for chitchat later, we need to get you out of here!"

She smiled a bit, nodding as she stood up. Yveine would've put on some shoes if she had some. Mermaids technically didn't have the need for shoes.. Stepping over to the door, she opened it, walking out as she reached the waterfall. Dividing it in half again, she gingerly stepped across the water, standing on her rock in the the center of the pond.

Ulrin followed her out the door "Now, the only thing we need to figure out right now is everything. Pretty good odds, I've had worse." the sorcerer stroked his beard in thought "This forest contains way too much magic, it's a bit overwhelming to my thoughts I have to say."

"Well... If it contains so much magic, then the pond must be drawing power from around it." She said. She looked down at the water as it lapped against her pond, then up at the waterfall. Seems it was the only thing able to slip in.. That means the barrier doesn't reach all the way.

"Maybe... Maybe if we could make a tunnel or something with my fireplace, I can get out through there.. The barrier doesn't reach all the way up there." She said, looking back at Ulrin.

Ulrin turned around and gazed up at the waterfall "And here I was hoping for some good old magic tricks. Maybe a dragon or two to fight. This is hardly sporting." Ulrin shrugged it off and turned to Yveine again "Oh well, whatever gets you out of here in one piece, I suppose. Tunneling isn't a problem, making holes in things is what I do best. Especially the fabric of time-space, but don't tell that to my mother, she'd probably murder me for it." Ulrin laughed and went back inside then.

She followed him, pouring water on the fire as she pulled the pot off the hook and took down the bar. She looked up,seeing ashes and soot lifting out the top. "Let's see... if you could get up there, and pull the stump away, then maybe lower a rope or something, I can get out." She said, smiling.

Ulrin gestured her to get out of the way "Lets do this the fancy way!" the sorcerer exclaimed as he got ready to work ZE MAGIX! He closed his eyes and extended his hands towards the chimney

She watched him, amazed as the magic took place before her.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Crossroads[1x1]

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus