Skip to main content

Forums » Smalltalk » Oh, so it's Friday the 13th!

Kim Site Admin

Dylan wrote:
Did you also know it's Ukrainian New Years Eve. ;)
I'll be celebrating it up at my work for the second New Years!
(I do have to say, the start of my day was very Friday the 13th-y.)

Whoa, neato! Although I'm sorry the start of your day was bad. :(
It's 0:30 here so NO MORE FRIDAYZ.

(someone had to do it)
Darth_Angelus Moderator

Earendill wrote:

Just...why? :(
Because I can, my dear Sith Lord.
My ear and eye holes! I shall smite you with the power of 1001 new moons...and burritos.
Copper_Dragon wrote:
Dun dun duuuuun!

... as for me, my favorites, I think I'm the "black cat, broken mirror, number 13" sort. I love black cats with their sleekness; I can't imagine ever breaking a mirror (unless my wiimote goes flying out of my hand?); and I am FASCINATED by how we avoid 13 floors, rooms, windows, and what-nots in architecture due to our fear of that number in this country. xD

I am not normally superstitious, however after a very very very BAD experience living at a place.. I have a problem with 13. Our house number was 13A, there were 13 palings in the fence at the front and I kid you not.. 13 steps inside. I had the most horrific, terrifying moment of my life in that place relating to a family member who was clearly effected by the mojo in that house. Even me as the bright, bubbly person I am today, found myself angry, upsset and literally bashing my head against the wall hard enough to make it bleed...

Since then however, life is all roses and suprisingly every Friday 13th for me have been happy, lucky days ever since. :P
Friday the 13th

Website downtime :(
CelestinaGrey wrote:
Copper_Dragon wrote:
and I am FASCINATED by how we avoid 13 floors, rooms, windows, and what-nots in architecture due to our fear of that number in this country. xD

Funny thing. This just makes the 14th floor the 13th floor. Just because it's not numbered 13 doesn't mean that there's magically a void space between floors 12 and 14! XD

It honestly does that in my building...when we moved in (this was something that some how I hadn't heard or it just escaped my little blonde brain ;) lol) Taking the first load up in the elevator I was the one who was smooshed in the corner with the buttons and looking I believe my exact words were "what the hell, where's 13."
I have proof that today the 13th is bad D:

I checked in late and got stuck in the back of the airplane and had no time to get food... I get to my states airport and they lost my suit case, my mom couldn't remember where she parked.... we cant see the road driving home because my mothers windshield wipers are broke and its blizzarding. Then I broke into hives T_T

Doesn't help that I was born on October 13th, a friday. I was cursed and doomed to have bad luck. qq
That it is. Mine is proving to be quite fruitful for this day of the new year. I hope everyone else is having a splendid day.
Best Ukrainian New Years EVER!
Glad to hear you had a wonderful time Dylan. :)
Just slipping this in here. ;) This is the performance from Volya at my work for Friday 13th, New Years Eve.

Lmao an oil rig across the river blew up friday. i seen it from outside i was like " Well... aint that a bitch."

You are on: Forums » Smalltalk » Oh, so it's Friday the 13th!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus