Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Rite of Freedom

Bei'Ai (played by Quantipede) Topic Starter

He choked a bit when she mentioned that bit about the crow. That was comedic tragedy right there.

“So...They decided to modify my creation...But I always had a fallback just in case anything happened...But giving it to her would be...No, I won’t give it.”

His eyes snap back and he refocuses, having lost himself in his musings.

“Well, I guess then we’re both in the same boat. Although perhaps I forced it on you. I hope you prefer the dominant types.”

Bei’Ai mentally slapped himself, feeling like he should have restrained his inappropriate dark humor.

“A-anyways, the primal urges I’m talking about are a bit...Sketchy in details. It would be easier to explain this way. You know the animal that they gave you, right? Have you heard anything from it yet? Well, chances are, if it’s telling you something like to kill, to eat, to run, to mate, simple stuff that you wouldn’t think twice of, then its probably the animal speaking. It wants to seize your body, and go against your conscience to do the only thing animals know how to do: live long enough and survive to pass on its genes. But you need to stay focused, or else…”

He didn’t push for more, and sealed his lips, feeling he was maybe going a bit too far.
Raven (played anonymously)

The expression on her face turns into a glare as she folds her arms, her eyes locked on his.

"Yeah, I've heard them. They won't shut up. I can hear them even now..."

She was clearly getting angry and frustrated all at once due to her eyes going from blue to black again. Even the whites of her eyes turned black.

"Or else what?? What are you hiding from me....don't just stop the explanation there. What happens to you when they take control? And what does the organization do to you?? What do they make you do? Tell me and I'll forget the fact that you just refused me the antidote....."

She says, the tone in her voice also another sign of her fustration and anger.

"If you dont, maybe I'll listen to the crows telling me to kill you right now." She says a devilish grin forming on her face.

"You can listen to them, but that'll be the end of you as well. You'll never regain conscience. Just like the others."

He decided to switch the topic.

"Are you even curious as to why I'm gathering up kitchen utensils and would do anything just to get them? Anyways, I'm just glad the management hasn't noticed a shortage in forks. Good thing people only use spoons."

She pauses for a minute and takes a deep breath, her eyes going back to normal. She looks at him, still glaring.

"No. I'm more interested about why you won't give me the antidote. You said something along the lines of "but giving it to her would be...". It would be what?? How can I trust you if you won't be honest with me..."

She says taking a seat by the corner and pulling her legs up to her chest.

He shrugs.

"Well, it's not that I can't give it to you, rather it's more of a...humane thing for me."

He began to explain through a series of comedic hand gestures to enhance the explanation.

"You see (hand gestures), in order to fully detoxify your body (gestures some more) we have to inject your body with a counter catalyst (even more gestures), but right now we've got very limited ways to give you the antidote (gestures over the rainbow)...Much less we have a way to procure the antidote (gesture breaks the fourth wall). However, there is an extremely inconvenient (gesture.) and possibly uncomfortable (gesture.) for you to procure it, through the means of..."

He mumbled the last part in a barely audible voice.

"...Through salivary exchange."

"N-not that I mind though you know, since you're not that bad, but you know, you're totally creeped out by me right? We can wait until we've broken out of this place and I'll fix you...Ahaha."

If they ever got out.

Her eye twitches for a moment before she shuts her eyes and sighs.

"Well talk more about that later....for now, why do you need so many forks to get out? What's your plan??"

She says, resting her chin on her knees, motioning for him to sit down on the floor with her. She couldn't help but notice all the people staring at them, seeing as this is the most he's talked ever.

"Well, you see...Come with me for a moment."

He motioned her to another room.

"Did you know that the architects for this place designed the placement of the cameras like we were a bunch of morons?"

He began to take off his gown, turning it inside out. Some of his bandages were stuck to the gown, so they became slightly unwound, which irked him, eliciting a wince from the unraveling of the wounds. Underneath it were millions of forks. Well, not necessarily forks, but rather the tips of the forks. They were neatly lined up next to each other, and were easy to throw out with the flick of the wrist.

"You see, I've taught myself...Numerous things. And in the time I've spent here alone, I've kept to myself and studied a lot. The habits of the guards, the way the cameras move, and et cetera. But once we get out of this compound, I frankly have no idea what to do, because I've simply spent too much time sheltered in this white asylum. But you're one of the most recent newcomers to this place, and you must know a thing or two to expect. Or am I mistaken?"

She can't help but give a small chuckle to his comment. She looks at him and puts her hands on her hips.

"My turn. Most people in the world have names like Jessica or Amy, basically names not like ours. So why do you suppose my name is raven?? You'll know if you can figure out what the raven symbolizes. Anyway, I'm not like normal people. I've been secluded my whole life. I've only REALLY known one other person, and she too left me..."

she says, gripping the side of her arm and staring blankly at the floor. She could feel the memories of her ladyships final moments flood her mind, repeating to herself her final words.

"Never tell anyone what you are. Never tell anyone your secret. Because the day you do is the same day you very well give your life to the flames..."

She shakes her head, collecting her thoughts and looking at him in the eyes.

"I'm different from normal humans. So I don't know much about outside of the area I grew up in. Besides, what does that have to do with fork tips?"

He motioned her to lie down on the floor.

"Well, sometimes to jump out of the frying pan means to land in the fire cooking it. Anyways, I'll show you what I can do with these, but you know...You have to trust me on this."

He pulled out five needles from under his gown and approached her.

"This may prick a bit, but it will help you, I promise. I mean, I hope it helps you. It's the first time I'm not practicing on the guards, so if I accidentally paralyze or knock you unconscious...Then uh...Well, I'll protect you until you come to?"

Her eyes widen at him. He couldn't be serious...but when you think about it, it was a good way to prove she trusted him. Besides, it's been so long since she's slept, maybe knocking her out was a good thing. She just nods and closes her eyes.

"Do what you have to do...."

He smiled.

"Um, if you don't mind, it would be easier if you took off your gown. Or else, I might miss some spots, you know."

He fiddled with his needles a bit, carefully going over in his memories of the correct ways to acupuncture. Already, he could envision multiple outcomes, including the ones he decided not to tell her such as muscle pains, spasms, vomiting, and more. All the more reason to be cautious, he reasoned with himself.

"............."

She couldn't believe what she was hearing. She had half a mind to just say no, but it would be good either way. She would either feel relaxed afterwords or she'd be knocked out for a few hours and finally able to get some sleep. She sits up and takes off her gown, her face slightly going red. Once it's off she lays back down, placing her hands on her body to cover herself.

"I'm ready..."

She says taking a deep breath and letting it out before closing her eyes again.

Noticing her complexion, he sighed a bit.

"Sorry about embarrassing you...But once you get used to seeing enough bodies, it just doesn't affect you anymore, you know."

He went into professional mode, carefully pin pointing the spots that he needed to hit, ideally the muscle that connected the neck to the shoulder. Gently, he patted around the neck to feel for nerve clusters.

"Hey, if you feel uncomfortable, just say something."

Because chances are I'm doing something wrong, he thought. He decided to go with the element of surprise and quickly slid a needle into the left trapezius, then waited for a response. Always the one to presume the worst, he decides to ask her.

"...Are you out cold yet?"

(Is that a real muscle?XD)

"............."

She was definetly outcold. Her body went limp, causing her arms to fall down to her sides. Though she was outcold, her body definetly felt relaxed. The odds of her feeling better when she woke up were somewhat high, so long as he didn't hit any wrong muscles.

(Yes, the left and right trapezius are basically the muscles in between your shoulder and neck. Go feel them now, you should feel most of your stress in there when you squeeze. If it doesnt hurt when you squeeze, then you're pretty relaxed. if it does, well then go do some relaxation soon. well you need to get someone else to massage it for you, since its difficult to measure yourself.)

He jumped a bit at the sight of her limbs falling limp. Bei'Ai had been afraid he had once again condemned another life, but upon closer inspection saw that she was just in a deep state of sleep. Relieved, he slumped to the ground. He had just made a friend, and his very first one at that. Bei'Ai began to realize that he was becoming more attached to her than he would let on, and in such a startling short time. Extreme circumstances cause extremer reactions? There was some strange philosopher that he had read about who said that.
Regardless, he felt that perhaps he should end the session there, in fear of doing anything worst. Taking out the needle and replacing them into the inside of his gown, he wrapped the bandages back together and puts back on his gown. Then with her gown he covered her with it. Perhaps he'll let her try acupuncture on him later...Although that will most likely end miserably for him, he thought to himself. He closed the door and locked it so nobody could get in, then went over to her and sat down, waiting for her to wake up.

While she slept, she dreamt of her childhood. She had very vague memories of her family before her ladyship. She was huddled in a bush in the middle of winter, snow piling up by the minute. She was about to die when her ladyship found her. That's where the dream ended.

Several hours later she turns on her side before curling up and finally opening her eyes. She sits up and looks at him, unaware of her gown falling down and running her fingers through her hair. She looks at him half asleep before rubbing her eyes to get the sleep out of them.

"Bei'Ai?? Mmmmm....what happened...."

He had fallen asleep as well from waiting for so long. Being a light sleeper, the faint rustling rouses him, and he slowly opens one lid of his eye. Turning around to talk to her, he answers.

"Hmm...Well you-"

His mouth stops, in a huge "O" shape. Bei'Ai slowly and tautly moves his head back to its original position silently, his mouth still gaping. Then he chuckled a bit and speaks darkly.

"...Please...Put your gown...On."

Then blood comes out in a furious torrent and begins to pool from his nose, and he struggles to keep it in his hands.

"Huh?? What are you tal-"

She says before looking down and noticing her gown. Her face instantly goes red and she turns her back to him, quickly putting on her gown. She ties the back of it before turning back to him.

"I-I'm decent....but mind telling me why I was naked to begin with..." she says staring at him.

Bei'Ai was in the middle of fighting an epic battle with the flow of his blood coming out of his nostrils.

"Don't you remember? You let me practice my acupuncture skills on you and I needed to see your skin in order to get a more accurate strike. I mean, would you rather get pricked ten times with clothes on or get pricked one time with clothes off?"

Hee eyes widen as she nodd, scooting closer to him.

"Sorry...I guess I was so deep asleep that I forgot what happened before then...but your right, it felt good. But again, how does that help us escape?"

She says looking around. She was in the same room as last time, and from the looks of it there wasn't much of a disturbance.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Rite of Freedom

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus