Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Rite of Freedom

Flowey (played by Quantipede) Topic Starter

A potted plant stares back at her. It was of the golden flower variety, and it certainly did not look menacing.

"Howdy. The name's Flowey, Flowey the Flower."

The plant looked at Raven up and down very carefully.

"So you're Raven, age 16, Crow. Hmm...I can't say that I don't like taste of your surgeons. Anyhow, please take off your clothes and lie on that."

With a leafy hand Flowey points to a cot.
Raven (played anonymously)

"T-the doctor.....is a flower....???"

She says eyeing him suspiciously. The neural drug was preventing her from disobeying him at the moment, or rather it was blocking off any thoughts of disobeying. So she takes off her gown and let's it fall to the floor before turning around and walking up to the cot. She grabs the side and hops up, pulling herself up over the edge and bringing her feet up so they're on the cot. She then scoots down and lays down, staring at the ceiling.

The cot begins to move and bring her inside a cylindrical chamber, the entrance closing completely. A screen opens with a picture of Flowey on the feed.

"Yeah, so, the deal is, you're going to be given a buncha pictures to take a lookie at here, and your going to tell me the first thing ya think of. Think twice and the cot will administer a hearty dose of Neural Serum to ya. Now we wouldn't want that happenin to this swell young lady, now would we? Alright, let's jam."

The screen flicks to a picture of a fire, then to a picture of an eyeball, then to a picture of a knife.

"What do ya make of these? Be quick, times tickin'."

She looks at the pictures and tries her best to say the first thing that comes to her mind. Although she was a bit slow in her responses, thinking of something else that would sound better. At least that was the case for fire.

"Fires used to keep people warm and light up dark places....eyes can be beautiful, but are the doorway to the souleft and reveal some pretty nasty things....knives can be a good weapon to kill someone with, assuming you do it properly and aren't sloppy about it, otherwise it's a dead giveaway...."

"Good, good. Now how about these?"

The next slides were of a crow, a fork, and of Bei'Ai. Obvious hints to show how the Organization seems to be catching the drift of their plans.

"We've been experiencing shortages in forks, and the only people that seems to use forks the most are you and Bei'Ai. Turns out, you two also spend the most time together. In fact, Bei'Ai never even talked to anyone until you came along, so something more than a coincidence is going on, I can feel it in my roots. Don't play funny with me now, kid. We know something fishy is going on, and if you don't want to take any fire for it just confess."

She stares at the other images, his words somewhat drifting away. There's no way she'd confess. She'd take whatever punishment they decided to give her.

"I.....I don't know what your talking about..."

She says, her voice remaining more monotone than usual.

Flowey sighed.

"You're just like the rest, aren't you. Plug her up."

Needles reveal themselves from the walls of the cylinder and plunge into Raven, injecting her with a bit more Neural Serum.

"Alright, let's try this again."

Flowey shows the same three pictures.

"What do these mean to you on first glance?"

(Ok, so feel free to inject her with other stuff besides the neural serumXD)

She could feel the injection coursing through her veins, and a switch flipping off in her brain. Her personality was gone. If someone else had tried to hold a conversation with her, it probably would end with one worded answers. However she wasn't ready to give in so easily. She wasn't about to rat him out.

"N-nothing....i-I don't know...what your talking about...."

(ahaha sorry but no)

Flowey had reached the end of his patience.

"You give it to me or else I-"

The alarm buzzed, signalling the end of the examination. Flowey huffed in anger, and the cylindrical chamber is released.

"Well, you survive this time, but I will extradite the truth from you, kid. Or perhaps we may have put in a bit too much in ya. Oh well. It'll just be easier to make you ours."

With that he sent off the girl, muttering curses under his breath. Her examination was over...For now.

She walks out of the examination room, going to the cable door and riding them down into the lounge area. She gets off and walks to an empty chair, sitting down and doing nothing but staring st the wall. All of her movements were zombie and robotic like at the same time, and her mind wasn't functioning properly either.

Meanwhile, the doctor for bei'ai had set everything up. When he walks in he nods and speaks up.

"Hello bei'ai. You know the drill, correct? Just undress and lay on the cot. Once he's on he turns it on, putting him inside the same cylinder and flashing the pictures of a skull, a gun, and a human heart.

"What's the first thing you think of?"
Bei'Ai (played by Quantipede) Topic Starter

His answers came out short, concisely, and proficiently.

"With the skull I see myself, with the gun I can see its directed at me, and with the heart I can see that's where the gun will hit its mark."

Bei'Ai was very straight to the point, and he gave away nothing except indifference.

"Good. Next set."

He says, showing the same pictures that they showed raven. Only it was of the forks, the animal bie'ai was injected with, and of raven.

"all of the forks have started going missing. Nobody here uses them aside.from you and the girl. And you used to be quiet. However, you've suddenly taken an interest and have spent a lot of time with her latley. Save me the time and just admit your up to something will ya?"

He choked a bit silently, and struggled to hold back his surprise, but decides to feign ignorance. He had taken this test before, so the doctors should know what to expect of him.

But maybe not, his dark side said. Maybe it was already over for them and they were toying with him. He banished these dark thoughts to the recesses of his mind.

"The fork is a tool that I used in my past to kill my siblings. My animal represents the reason for my existence in this facility, and that woman is one that closely resembles my mother."

A bit convenient? Yes. But plausible? Yes as well.

The doctor just sighs, figuring they would get more out of raven since she was still somewhat new and didn't know how to beat the system. He finishes the test and let's bei'ai out.

"Good to go...."

Meanwhile, raven was still sitting in the chair, still just staring at the wall. She had already had the drug in her system, but now she had way to much. She was like a mindless zombie at this point.

Immediately putting two and two together, he realized what had happened to her.

"Oh god, I didn't expect you to actually...Stick to the promise. Raven! RAVEN! Can you hear me! Say something!"

He patted her cheek to try to knock some sense into her.

She nods her head up and down, not looking at thim and keeping her eye fixed on the wall.

"To much....."

Was all she could manage to say right now. Her mind was really hazy, and it was hard to keep her thoughts together.

"Look, just stay focused and don't let your mind wander. I'll t-"

The intercom came to life again, startling Bei'Ai.

"ATTENTION ALL SUBJECTS. THE SECOND HALF OF THE EXAMINATION WILL BEGIN SOON. PLEASE MAKE YOUR WAY TO THE FITNESS CENTER FOR FURTHER BRIEFING."

He looked uncertainly.

"Do you think you can do this?"

"Not much choice...."

She says before standing up and going over to the door. She cables her way to the fitness center and stands there, waiting to see what happens next.

Bei'Ai followed close behind. With such a large amount of the drug in her circulation it was getting dangerous and she seemed to be struggling really hard. He was about try and convince them to exempt her when three guards marched into the room.

"Hello, you hybrid freaks. This year the free for all will be different."

His mind instantly screamed danger at him. It must be due to the large number of subjects and the little amount of space available to house them, Bei'Ai thought.

"This time, the last fifty with the lowest number of kills will be terminated from this program, and be terminated from life as well. Those who can rack up more kills than others will have a higher chance of survival. That is all."

The guards left the room, and the door locked. All was silent.

"They really do want us to kill one another..."

She says, looking around and watching her back so nobody can attempt to sneak up on her. She eyes everything and everyone to try and make out patterns in their movements.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Rite of Freedom

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus