Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Rite of Freedom

Bei'Ai (played by Quantipede) Topic Starter

He cleaned up the last of his little mess.

"Well, when I was first injected with the serum, I found it easier to fight off my urges by relaxing. I figured it would help you too, considering that you're going through a lot worse than me internally currently."

Bei'Ai shrugged and scratched the back of his neck.

"I mean, if I see my friend in trouble I'd like to do something in my power to help her, you know...Or at least that's what the books said."

But she may not even feel the same way, he chided himself.
Raven (played anonymously)

"You...you really consider me a friend??"

She says, smiling for the first time since she was brought to the labs.

"Well then. I appreciate it. Friends have to look out for eachother, right? Meaning your next beating or injection is mine. As my way of saying thanks."

She says, holding her hand out to him for a handshake.

A pained expression flickered in his eyes, but he quickly extinguished it. The thoughts of what the next beating could be were too horrible for him to tell.

"A-Alright then."

Biting his tongue, he grabs the hand on the receiving end and shakes. With that promise he also swore to himself he would never get another beating or injection, or if he did so help him "God".

Just then she hears banging on on the door.

"O.O I think we've been in here long enough...the others are probably in their cells about now..."

She says standing up, dusting herself off and walking up to the door. She makes sure all the fork tips and any other evidence is hidden away or made to look like an accident before opening the door. Six guards walks in, all holding tranquilizers and all pointing them at the two of them.

"Why aren't you in your cells like the others?!"

"Ah crud."

Bei'Ai raised his hands up. Time to give them his famous acting.

"We were, you know, trying to embrace our carnal instincts, you know?"

He decided to leave what kind of primal desires he was referring to to the imagination of the guards.

"We'll go quickly, sorry for staying out long after curfew. We won't make anymore hassle."

Her face suddenly turns even more red than before.

"W-w-were sorry!" She says, taking his hand and rushing out of the room to the doors.

"I-I'll see you tomorrow..." she says attaching herself to the door and being cabled to her padded cell.

He waved a bit, his face wearing a stupid grin. They had been so close to getting in trouble, yet why was he starting to have so much fun? It seemed that every time things seemed to get worse, he just couldn't be melancholic for long.

"See you..."

Bei'Ai echoed back. Then he hooked himself up as well to retire for the night.

Once the door let her go, she curls up on the floor, clutching both sides of her head as she tries to block out the crows constant screeching and talking.

"Shut up...shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up shut up!!!"

As he reentered the room, he sighed, and took a fork that he had stashed away inside the faucet of his sink and began to fiddle around with it, trying to make more needles and prepare himself. The day would come, and he resolved himself to escape.

Escape with her.

Funny thing was, a couple days ago he would have thought differently. He would have just escaped by himself, and lived a life of solitude. He thought he was used to a life of solidarity. But once he struck up an innocent conversation with a random peer just to attract the camera's attention, the convenience of it all seemed almost like it wasn't by coincidence.

But he felt that he was overthinking things. He would continue working with the forks until the break of dawn, as he always would.

She kept her hands on the sides of her head throughout the night, screaming at the crows to be quiet. They kept telling her that she wanted him. That she wanted to kill everything else. Her breathing became heavy as she tried to calm herself down, bit the night just dragged on while the crows became louder and louder and more persistent with the desires she wanted.

He had been working with his forks, until suddenly he felt a prick on his fingertips. Crying out, he flung the fork and looked at his finger, seeing that blood had been drawn. Then there was pricking all over his body, causing him to writhe in pain. Slowly rising into the air, he grasped for a hold, until he was flung against the wall, pinned in place by the numerous needles he has amassed over the course of his time spent here. His eyes saw but one think in his vision, Raven. And she looked like she was about to devour him alive.

He wakes up in a cold sweat, his heart thumping faster than a bullet train. Bei'Ai catches his breath, completely taken off guard. Laughing to himself nervously, he realized it was all just a horrible nightmare. It was only just a dream. He gets up and totters to the sink to wash his face, then cables to the cafeteria to get some more forks.

Once she sees that the door was ready for her, she sighs and stands up, trying to shale the voices out of her head. She cables to the cafeteria and takes a seat. She examines the same goop they served every day and sighed, taking a bite and hiding the fork in her bandages. She sees Bei'Ai and waves him over to her.

He was busy trying to fit forks carefully into his gown so that they would not prick him like the dream that he recently had when he noticed her wave at him. He nodded in response, and mentally steeled himself by telling himself it was but a dream, and walked over to her, taking a seat besides her. However, he just could not shake his mind of that weird dream and his curiosity won out.

"Hey, did anything weird happen last night?"

"Huh? Weird?? Not really. The crows were more persisting and loud than usual, but other than that it was nothing out of the ordinary. Why?"

She says, looking at him concerned and handing him her fork.

"Is everything ok. You seem nervous around me today. What happened?"

He shook his head. If she said it was nothing, then nothing it was.

"Forget about it then. It must just be my pessimistic side. Anyhow, word on the grapevine is that they're going to give us a physical test. Those that don't pass will be disposed of apparently."

Bei'Ai rubbed the temple of his forehead gingerly. Sometimes with all this stress in his life he didn't really feel sixteen at all.

Her eyes widen as she looks around and back at him.

"What exactly do they do during the physical tests??"

She says, starting to fidget in her seat.

"Well, they first check out how astute your five senses are, like if there are any enhancements or obstructions in your sight, hearing, touch, taste, or smell. Then they test your physical capabilities, your mental capabilities, and emotional capabilities as well. Then they make us all go through a final sort of free for all, every man for himself kind of challenge. Usually 50 people get curbed off, but I'm sure we'll do fine."

Bei'Ai placed the last fork carefully into his sleeve and patted Raven's back. He had only taken this test twice, and it had been easy the last two times he took it. However, he was still a bit pensive and unsure as to whether or not it would be the same this year. The chances of it being similar were high, however his darker side as usual dampened him with that tiny evil thought bubble of malice.

(So do you want to be the doctor who tests her for all that??)

She jumps at him rubbing her back, but almost instantly relaxes. She looks at him and smiles.

"Thank you. So? How soon do they start testing us for all of this??"

She says tilting her head, waiting to see what his answer will be.

(Sure. And you for him?)

Bei'Ai looked amused.

"No need to be so tense. We even had the whole session yesterday to loosen you up, you know. Anyways, the-"

A very large static feed cuts in, and the intercom comes to life.

"ATTENTION ALL SUBJECTS. PLEASE PROCEED TO THE MEDICAL BAY FOR YOUR EXAMINATION. IF YOU REFUSE TO, YOU WILL BE BROUGHT BY OBLIGATORY FORCE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR COOPERATION."

The announcement was followed by another wave of static, then fell silent.

"-Speak of the devil. Well, that should be our cue."

(Sure! You wanna be the doctor firdt? Ud have no clue what to put!)

She takes a deep breath and sighs, calming herself down and going to the cable care. It takes her to the medical bay where she gets out and takes a seat, waiting for her examination, fidgeting once again.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Rite of Freedom

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus