Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Rite of Freedom

Bei'Ai (played by Quantipede) Topic Starter

The air was pretty thick, and people were staring each other down. No sound could be heard in the room, except the whirring of the air conditioner. Bei'Ai could feel his heart stuck in his throat.

Suddenly a startling war cry was elicited from one of them, and then all hell broke loose. The scene was one of pure brutality and savagery. People began to tear each other apart out of their fear of dying. Bei'Ai struggled to weave his way through the madness and called out to Raven.
Raven (played anonymously)

Her eyes flicker for a moment before they turn black. She jumps up and grabs a part of the ceiling and scans the area below before finding bei'ai. She let's go, land in front of him.

"What's the strategy...."

She says, constantly watching her back as well as his

"We get out of here, or at least we just survive. You're in no condition to even move around, much less fight."

He sensed a person behind him so he unsheathed a needle and jammed it into his jugular vein, killing him instantly. Bei'Ai's mind was overclocking and his heart was going like a snare drum.

"...what terrible timing....the crows have started singing again..."

She says as her nails turn into talons. She whips around and stabs the person coming up behind her through the head. She yanks her arm out and he crumbles to the floor.

"This is quite troublesome indeed...."

His fears were becoming realized.

"No, stop yourself Raven! You need to control yourself! Don't listen to them, or you won't go back!"

He took two needles and threw them at advancing enemies, puncturing their heads and causing them to crumple on the floor.

She turns to bei'ai, glaring at him.

"I have no other weapon. It's like you said...I'm barely able to move as it is. With that being the case, if I stop now I'll very likely end up dead. And the crows noticed and have taken the oportunity. So what do you propose i do? I'll end up dead if I don't fight anyhow."

He looked at her uncertainly, conflicts running rampant both externally and internally. He cared about her, but if he administered the antidote to her she would hate him.

His pessimism was beginning to resurface, cruel thoughts possessing him.

"She never really liked you, its all one sided."
"She won't be there forever you know."
"She can't wait for you to ponder any longer."

He grabbed her, blocking out his screaming mind in the screaming chaos. Bei'Ai knew that as long as she was fine, he would be fine as well. They both must make it, else he wouldn't forgive himself.

His hands grip down hard, digging into her shoulders.

"I'm sorry about this, but I won't let it consume you. I'm going to give you the antidote. It might hurt a bit, and its gonna be pretty nasty, but its for your own good."

He closed the distance between their faces and unrolled his long tongue down her throat, and began to forcefully inject his saliva down her gullet.

Her eyes went wide as she could feel his tounge going down her throat. She would have screamed, but the only thing she could do was make a few gagging and gurgling sounds. One of her hands grabbed him by the shoulder and her other hand latched onto his face as she tried to push him off, tears forming in her eyes. She continued trying to push him off while people were killing each other left and right around them.

Because of his animal enhancement, his gripping strength was extremely strlng, making it very difficult to pry him off her. Amidst all the chaos he felt something sharp pierce into his side, but he kept going, detoxifying the serum from her body. Once he was done, his tongue rolls back up from inside her throat and breaks contact, loosening his arms.

"There...You should be more focused now. I never told you, but my animal is a praying mantis. I'm sorry for keeping that from you. I must seem disgusting to you. Also, sorry for giving you that unpleasant...experience."

Then he buckled to his knees and passed out.

She catches him quickly, looking down at him before smiling.

"Idiot....you didn't have to do that....I'll do what I have to in order to keep you safe, so sleep tight, alright??"

She says, putting him on her back and leaping up into the air. She grabs a pillar and pulls herself up, laying him down on the beam on the ceiling so he won't fall off.

"Youll be safe up here, so rest easy. Now..."

She has jumping back down into the chaos. Her talons grown longer and every part of her eyes turn black as continues fighting, trying her best to tune out the crows singing.

The rest of the fight for Bei'Ai was spent in a blur, because he was unconscious.

When the fight was finishes she was kneeling on the ground. She had black wings outgrown from her back, her hands had turned into talons, and her eyes were pitch black. A few of them had almost gotten to bei'ai, but she had managed to protect him. Every time she killed one, the crows singing got louder making it harder to ignore and harder to keep control over herself.

Bei'Ai opens one half lid eye and smiled.

"...Hi."

He wasn't sure how to talk to her. It was all a bit awkward, and he didn't know what to say. He got to his feet and walked over to her. She looked like she had embraced her animalistic side, but only halfway.

"You should put away those wings. It doesn't suit you."

She turns to look at him, her eyes wide and a huge grin plastered on her face.

"Oooh? You don't think so?? They say black goes with everything you know."

She says laughing and standing up. Her wings outstretched and seemed to move on their own.

"Well I suppose black is a nice color, but it stands out against your gown..."

It was then he realized how much blood was stained on her.

"...How many did you kill?"

"Ohhhh THEM?? I only killed the ones who went after you! So let's see, that makes foooor..."

She holds up her hands and starts counting on her fingers.

"Anywhere from 10-20 assuming I'm not missing anybody!"

"Raven. You're not thinking straight. Put away your wings and claws and settle down."

For the first time since he gained his animal genes, he trusted them in that they were shouting danger. And Raven looked very dangerous. Bei'Ai realizes suddenly that birds eat bugs.

She glances up at him grinning.

"Why?? Are you afraid of me??"

She says walking up to him and grabbing his chin, forcing his head up so she can look into his eyes.

"You know...I never noticed how delecious you look before now....I wonder what you taste like..."

He took a step back. Then another. Bei'Ai was completely unnerved as he tripped and fell on his butt. Underneath him was a corpse of a guy with dead fish eyes staring back at him. Bei'Ai scrambled backwards, away from it.

"You aren't thinking straight, Raven. The fight is over, just release the crows."

Where were the proctors managing this exam? Why weren't they saying anything?

She can't help but laugh as she walked towards him.

"That's rather difficult. However, they're willing to make an exception if you can answer their question."

She bends down so she's eye level with him.

"Have you figured it out? What the raven symbolizes?"

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Rite of Freedom

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus