Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Rite of Freedom

Bei'Ai (played by Quantipede) Topic Starter

"I don't know. Let's just calm down, alright?"

As Raven closed the distance Bei'Ai would lengthen it until his back was pressed against the wall.
Raven (played anonymously)

After a moment, the talons and wings and eyes went away and went back to normal.

"H-huh??? Im....I'm sorry...I'm so sorry...."

She says, backing away from him.

He sighed in relief, and sheathed his needles. If it had gotten any worse, he would have had to disable her. He gets up tentatively and walks towards her.

"No, I should be the one that's apologizing. I forced myself upon you. To be honest, I'm quite ashamed of myself."

((Is this still going))

(Sorry! I thought I amswered!)

It's that physical exam.....is there any other part to this test I should know about..

He shook his head.

"I-I don't think so."

Looking around them at the carnage, Bei'Ai shuddered. This year's exam was unprecedented, and savage beyond comprehension. He felt sick and disgusted with himself. He was responsible for all of this.

"Im.just gonna go lay down...."

She walks to the door and cables back to her cell, and laying down on the floor, wondering if they were gonna test her again because of the forks.

He reached out to her, but pulled back his hand. Bei'Ai knew he didn't have any right to tell her anything, he had violated her, left her to wreck havoc, and ultimately just abandoned her. He dejectedly sank to the floor, sitting among the corpses until he felt sick enough to return to his cell.

Raven curls up into a ball on the floor and falls asleep, dreaming of nothing but blackness.

The next day when Bei'Ai arrived in the cafeteria it was a lot more emptier. The silence was overbearing, and the subjects who were just yesterday at each other's throats now kept their distance from each other. Communications had completely broken down between the people, and discord rang freely.

Raven cables her way into the cafeteria and resumes her place at one of the tables, staring at the goop in front of her and pushing it away.

Drake sat next to her silently, and did not speak for a while. Looking around, he finally whispers to her.

"...Let's get out of this place."

"How....you acupuncture me, but never explained how that's going to get us out...."

"Today is the day the guards do their patrol. The subjects are definitely on edge so they'll check up on them constantly to make sure none of them act out of line. The time that they enter this room and the time that they leave this room is our only chance of escape, you follow? And the reason why I wanted all those forks is so I can build up enough ammunition to bust this joint."

"Ok....I think I'm following...what exactly do you want me to do...?"

"Just be ready to stir up some trouble for me."

As he finished speaking, the guards made their entrance, and began to walk around the cafeteria, glaring at the cowering prisoners. Bei'Ai hurriedly whispered,

"Pour your food on one of them, that'll get their attention."

Raven stands up, grabbing the bowl of goop and walks up to a guard.

"Hey jackass!"

She stomps on his foot and smashes the goop in his face.

"How does that taste?!"

The guard quickly starts to wipe the slop off his face.

"Argh, ya cheeky brat! I don't need any of the Trut-I mean food in my face! Guys string her up and bring her to the bay!"

His two other friends focused on Raven, and Bei'Ai slowly reached into his gown, pulling out three needles. One of them reaches out to grab her, and the others are ready to pump anyone they desire to with tranquilizer darts. He needed her to bide a little more time as he snuck into position.

"What was that you just called it?! Truth something?! You know what it REALLY is don't you?!"

She says grabbing him by the throat and squeezing just as she feels a sharp pain on her arm. She yanks out a few of the tranquilizers and let's go as she slowly gets dizzy and looses her balance. Eventually she collapses onto the floor as the men tie her up and get ready to bring her to bay.

He took this time to strike, when their backs were all turned. Quickly deploying the needles, he jammed it into the back of their heads, causing waves upon waves of convulsing spasms coursing throughout the three guards until they dropped to the floor, lifeless. Three swift jabs with the needle was all it took to take down the brutes. Those standing around him were silent, both in shock and in awe. Bei'Ai saw and took the oppurtunity.

"Comrades, we may have failed the first time, but the second time we will succeed! We have since long been repressed by this horrible facility, and yesterday felt the consequences first hand. We had to hurt our friends, look out for ourselves, and feel like garbage once we slayed those who stood in our path. We are the strongest of them all, for we are still standing, are we not? Nothing can stop us, not now. We've been through too much to let anything stop us. Let us take this moment of surprise to begin the second break out!"

His dialogue was met with mind numbing silence. Bei'Ai felt like a fool. Dejectedly, he crouched down, pushed away the bodies off of Raven, and untied the ropes. With her frail body, he hugged her tightly. Bei'Ai had felt a bit reckless and optimistic today, and it had already costed them a little bit. He remembered why he had always been so pessimistic, and he should have kept to his values. It was of course doomed to fail from the start.

Yet suddenly an awesome war cry rose from the ranks of the sporadic prisoners, yearning for freedom from the Organization. Thundering stomps made the floor rumble, and hoots and howls filled the air. Then came the stampede, with the subjects storming out the entrance, jumping out with no caution and using their wings, arms, and claws to scale the wiring that held the facility together, towards the top. Sirens sounded and guards began to stream throughout the facility, engaging in battle with the spirited prisoners, and the battle was on. Bei'Ai lifted Raven in a daze, and slowly walked to the entrance. Perhaps being a bit optimistic wasn't so bad after all.

(wow that was long.)

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Rite of Freedom

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus