Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Rite of Freedom

Raven (played anonymously)

Raven slowly sat up, holding her head. She feels the stitches on her head and moves her hand away, looking at bei'ai confused.

"Um...what...what happened...???"
Bei'Ai (played by Quantipede) Topic Starter

He shook his head.

"You were in pain, so I took you out of it."

Bei'Ai realized that the banging on the door had ceased, and metal clinking can be heard outside, followed by a hissing of gas.

"They're planning on gassing us out! We need to move!"

He looked around, and noticed a vent in the ceiling. The screws were loose, but not loose in that the vent would fall off easily.

"Look, can you use your hands to unscrew the vent up there? I'll hold you."

Raven nods, taking off a wrap on her wrist and wrapping it around bei'ais nose and mouth so he won't breath it in.

"Yeah...boost me..."

She says getting ready.

Bei'Ai nodded in appreciation at her gesture. He lowered himself, so she could piggyback him.

"When you're ready."

Raven climbs onto his shoulder and when she's raised up to the vent, she takes her talon to unscrew each if the screws. She then turns it back into a hand, yanks it out and throws it to the ground. She pulls herself into the vent, reaches down and takes his hand, and pulls him up into the vent as well.

He pushed her from behind.

“Hurry and find us a safe place to get out. Once they realize we’re no longer in the room they’ll try to smoke us out of the vents.

"Don't touch me there!"

She mumbles her face turning red. She quickly crawls through the vent and looks below, seeing an empty room.

"This'll have to do!"

She says kicking the vent open and jumping down.

He didn't reply, for he realized what he was touching and wanted to save face. As she kicked open and jumped down the vent, he followed suit.

"Where're we now?"

Raven shrugs, looking around.

"I don't know...but we have to find a new escape route...."

She says walking out of the room cautiously.

Peering outside, they were clearly in a different hallway. Characteristics that defined it were the dimness and the spaciousness of it. It was a lot more quieter, away from the chaos of the guards and rebels. Looking around, Bei'Ai did not feel safe separating from her again.

"Hey, can you hold my hand? I don't want either of us to get lost in such a dark place."

His face burned from saying something so childish, but he felt better safe than sorry.

Raven nods and takes his hand, walking down the dimly lit hallway and looking around, watching for booby traps.

This time around, no robot dogs came out gunning for their butts. Finally they come across a large entrance that is padded and locked with very high security measures put in place.

"This is the only place left. What do we do?"

"Maybe we could try picking the lock??"

She says trying to examine it, seeing what the lock was like and what it was made of.

He was thinking of doing that too, but he was afraid there may be an alarm should they fail.

"Alright, it doesn't look like we have any other choice except to move forward."

Raven nods and turns her hands into a falon, bending down and carefully picks the lock.

"Almost....got it..."

He sat patiently, admiring her from behind.

Raven feels a click before standing up and pushing open the door.

"Come on!"

She takes hia hand and runs out the door.

He followed after her, unsure of what the next room would bring to them.

Raven looks ahead and sees what looks like the exit.

"There! I think that's it!"

She says smiling as she Contines to pull him.along and kick open the door.

They barrel through the door, and were instantly met with a horrid stench. Around them was a desolate land filled with brimstone and sand. They had supposedly reached the outside, but where were the others that had rebelled?

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Rite of Freedom

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus