Skip to main content

Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Rite of Freedom

Raven (played anonymously)

Raven smiles as she continues to hum, noticing he had gone unconscious by the way his body went limp. Suddenly she heard pounding on the door and she panicked.

"Damn! It must have been the securoty cameras!"

She looks down at him and smiles.

"I promise ill keep you safe..."

She picks him up and goes to a cabinet, opening it and placing him inside before shutting it again, knowing it'd be the last place they would look. She hears something bust down, and turns around to come fave to face with the soldiers. She grabs the nearest knife and sits the throat of one before 5 more shoot tranquilizer darts into her, causing her to drop the knife and fall to the floor unconscious. They all tie her up and drag her out, not bothering to check the closet she had put him in. They bring her to an area on the opposite side of the building and straps her into a machine, placing several large needles into her body and injecting large amounts of the neural syrum into her system before starting to perform surgery that would get her to give up her mind to the crows.

(If I'm doing something I probably shouldn't be please tell me)
Bei'Ai (played by Quantipede) Topic Starter

Awhile later, he awoke, his neck burning. He clutched it in pain and groaned, hobbling to his feet.

"Raven...? Raven!"

She was nowhere to be seen. Where could she have gone? He immediately bursted out of the room and carefully proceeded down the hallways, simultaneously watching out for himself and looking for Raven. He promised her he'd get her out, and Bei'Ai was not one to break promises.

(Also, I like the picture you use for him!)

They continued to inject raven with the large amounts of the neural syrum and performing the surgery. She had part of her head cut open while they poked around inside her brain to try and activate it. Meanwhile, to raven, the crows kept getting louder and louder until she was one song away from just giving in. Her eyes were pitch black and her talons were grown, her wings were also out laying the same way as the table.

(thankie)

He had been searching for hours, hiding from guards and attentively searching for her when he finally reached the last room that he had not searched yet on the other end of the laboratory. Bracing himself, he entered, and he saw her. But she definitely did not look the same.

There was the usual, her eyes being black, her talons and her wings, but she had that Crack/split going from the top of her head to just above the bottom of her eye, her eyes were barley open, and she had small feathers sprouting from several parts of her body. She looks at him, trying to keep what control she had left.

"Get........out......."

He ran to her, gently putting his hands on her shoulders and looking over her, concerned.

"No...No! What did they do to you?"

Raven shakily points to the surgery table covered in fresh blood, and the large needles that also have blood on them.

"Neural........syrum........surgery......crows.......singing......"

Was all she was able to stutter before clutching the good side of her head.

He clutched her and cradled her head in his arm. Faint thudding of footsteps came closer to them as tears began forming in his eyes.

"Oh, oh dear...Please stay conscious."

He struggled to his feet, but they felt like dead weights now. Bei'Ai brushed some loose strands of hair off of her.

"Don't leave me, please."

The footsteps drew nearer.

"Bei'ai...........go.........now........ill......ok....." she says as she hears the door burst open. She glances over to see a man standing in the doorway with a large needle filled with a black substance.

He gently laid her on the floor, then stood up, brandishing six needles in between his fingers. With an enraged roar, he runs at the man and throws three needles at him, hitting the arm that held the syringe. The arm went limp and the syringe clattered to the floor, slightly scratched, but not broken. Using the arm he used to fling those needles, he grabbed the man’s neck and squeezed with his vice like grip, choking him until he went limp. Bei’Ai was going against all his instincts, but his brash fury was unstoppable. They had hurt her. Now he must hurt them. Strangely enough, he was quite calm and composed on the outside.

“I’ll...I’ll defend you. You’ve defended me enough, and now you need to get better. Do you know how to fix yourself?”

Raven shakes her head, trying to keep her eyes open.

"Put....chemical....brain.....losing.....instruction........here......."

What she was trying to say was "they put a chemical in my brain, and now I'm on the verge of losing myself. The instructions for that procedure are in here" but that was all she could say before closing her eyes, not necessarily losing consciousness.

He read the instructions hastily, for he heard more footsteps coming in.

“Alright...First you must stabilize the fluids with the antidote to the truth serum…”

He looked around, but there was nothing that indicated any sort of antidote to his dismay.

“...And once the fluids in the body stabilize proceed to remove the surgically implanted animal with extreme caution. Oh dear I’m not a surgeon at all.”

Bei’Ai locked and bolted the door, and lifted up Raven and laid her on a table. He then climbed on top of the table over her, and opened her mouth. He only had one way of curing against the serum, and it was from fluid exchange. Unfortunately when he was hit with the bullet, he was afraid that it may have affected the antidote circulating within him. Regardless, he was desperate enough to try it once again. Without any word of precaution, his tongue unrolled (I’m beginning to think of it like a proboscis or something, seeing as he’s a bug.) and he slowly lowered his face onto hers, giving her his saliva as before.

Raven gagged and her body spasmed a bit while he shoved his throat down hers. He grabs his shoulder and face, trying to push him off of her on relfex. Soon enough her eyes roll into the back of her head and her arms fall down to her side.

Once he finished administering the dose, he pulled out and retracted his tongue. Bei’Ai probed her with a finger.

“Where is the implant?”

A banging on the door was heard, followed by more footsteps thundering down the hall. More urgently, he shook her and whispered louder.

“Where is the implant?!”

Raven tries to open her eyes, though her body just feels like it's getting heavier by the second. She motions to the split in her head.

"H-head...b-brain..."

She says, her voice barley above a whisper.

He took a bunch of sharp instruments and a syringe labeled off the table and quickly ran over to her. Bei’Ai strapped her onto the table with the beltstraps, so she wouldn’t fidget as he worked. As a safety measure, he took some needles and stuck it into her head to save her from some of the pain that was sure to come.

“It’s going to be grisly since I don’t see any anesthesia, but bear the pain please.”

With that said, he quickly delicately probed around the inside of her brain, being careful not to touch anything he didn’t know about because he didn’t want to harm her neural circuits. Bei’Ai finally came across a dark sludge of mass resting on top of her brain. It seemed that it had grown roots into her brain, but was not directly melded into her. It was grotesque, in short. He quickly began to work, making quick incisions with the small knife around the darkness in order to extricate the malevolent mass.

Raven started screaming from the pain, her body trying to squirm on reflex under him, with limited success. The needles on her head prevented her from moving her body, her screams getting more painful before finally going silent as her body goes limp and she goes unconscious.

His hands stained inky black, he reaches for the mass and cleanly extracts it, the roots that were once ingrained in the crevices of her brain disintegrating into nothingness. He took his needle and attached some string to it, and proceeded to stitch her up. A make shift set up, but it would help. Hopefully this would improve her performance. Bei’Ai sank to his knees and took her hand into his, laying his head against hers on the table. He was tired. A 16 year old teen should not be going through this kind of madness. Bei’Ai may have done a lot of things wrong, but he didn’t see any reason for her to suffer.He shut his mind and tried to drown out the banging going on outside.

A few hours later she can feel something in her hand. She slowly opens her eyes, realizing she can't move. She was in restraints, and she could feel Tony picks in her head, keeping her body from moving. She looks around with her eyes and notices bei'ai laying next to her holding her hand.

Bei’Ai opened his eyes, looking at her. Realizing she was awake, he quickly tore his hand away from hers and quickly began to babble.

“Oh sorry, I was just a bit tired and I didn’t really know w-Oh.”

He noticed she was still in restraints and undid them, also taking out the needles and tossing them to the ground. Bei’Ai then slid one arm under her back to help her sit up.

You are on: Forums » Sci-Fi Roleplay » The Rite of Freedom

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus