Skip to main content

Forums » Forum Games » (CLOSED) New Year's Epic Giveaway

My favourite one is a simple one, but I adore it.

"Growing old is inevitable. Growing up is optional."
--Walt Disney.
Sanne Topic Starter Moderator

Wow you guys! I went to bed and woke up to so many entries!! I'm loving all your quotes, they're so excellently chosen (even if they're your own!) and you're all making my days awesome. :D
Sanne, you generous soul! Love how the entries are quotes as they are very encouraging. I've read and heard a lot too, though I might as well give it a shot for one of my own! :)

"There are things you can do, things you can't do, and things you will do. Sometimes you have to be your own strength. You'll try and fail, you'll fall and rise, but you will learn. Do not limit yourself from learning."
My favorite quote is from a movie, as well, which was even more powerful with the emotion Jennifer put into it.

I have a message for President Snow: You can torture us, and bomb us, or burn our districts to the ground. But do you see that? Fire Is Catching... If we burn... you burn with us!

Katniss Everdeen, The Hunger Games: Mockingjay - Part 1
Oh goash I do love giveaways! Thanks for doing this Sanne! As for my quote, not very surprising, it's from Star Wars. Episode 5 to be exact.

Uuuuuuhhr Ahhhhrr Uhhrr Aaaahhrrrr...
~ Chewbacca
"If you realize that all things change, there is nothing you will try to hold on to. If you are not afraid of dying, there is nothing you cannot achieve." ~Lao Tzu

I love how a simple quote can say so much about people :3
"Bond, James Bond." -James Bond(The James Bond series of movies.)

Added everyone! Also I won't be joining this giveaway of course, but I want to share one of my favorite quotes too!
Doctor Who (S6E13) wrote:
Emperor Churchill: “Tick tock goes the clock,” as the old song says. But they don’t, do they? The clocks never tick. “Something has happened to time.” That’s what you say. What you never stop saying. “All of history is happening at once.” But what does that mean? What happened? Explain to me in terms that I can understand. What happened to time?
The Doctor: A woman.
KittyTrollkind

Fantasy is hardly an escape from reality.
It's a way of understanding it.

~ Llyod Alexander
This quote has been my mantra for many years...

Polonius:
Neither a borrower nor a lender be,
For loan oft loses both itself and friend,
And borrowing dulls the edge of husbandry.

Hamlet Act 1, scene 3, 75–77

List has been updated, and I have good news!

Exodus was extremely generous by donating a fourth prize, a Dragon's Tooth! Thank you! :) I will roll a fourth time for this bonus prize on the 10th.
Sanne wrote:
List has been updated, and I have good news!

Exodus was extremely generous by donating a fourth prize, a Dragon's Tooth! Thank you! :) I will roll a fourth time for this bonus prize on the 10th.

That is so exciting!!!!! :D
"Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained." - Madam Curie
"Those who dream by day are cognizant of many things which escape those who dream only by night."-- Edgar Allan Poe
And yonder shines Aurora's harbinger;
At whose approach, ghosts, wandering here and there,
Troop home to churchyards: damned spirits all,
That in crossways and floods have burial,
Already to their wormy beds are gone.

A Midsummer Night's Dream, 3.2
BANE
Who we are does not matter. What
matters is our plan.

CIA MAN

(FASCINATED)
If I pull this off, will you die?

BANE
It would be extremely painful.

CIA MAN
You're a big guy -

BANE
For you.

And there you have it folks! My entry meme ticket. ;)
ShadowWitch

"I always tell tell the truth, even when I lie." - Scarface
"While most people think it's our brain that controls our actions, it's often our heart that gets the biggest workout" - Gossip Girl
"Let’s stay up all night discussing how the stars aligned in just the right ways to bring us together, to this moment."
"Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten."
- Neil Gaiman, Coraline.

Thanks for this awesome contest, Sanne! <3

You are on: Forums » Forum Games » (CLOSED) New Year's Epic Giveaway

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus