Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » April Fools! (Open to all)

Arien Chase (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Arien grinned. "I thought you'd never ask!" He turned the corner onto another side street and then spread his arms exaggeratingly wide before a doorway. "Here we are! Horsefeathers' tavern, one of my favorites. Good food, good service, good times. Plus, they carry my favorite sauce."

He held the door open for her, revealing a cosy interior lit well enough not to have to squint; and it didn't reek of alcohol in spite of the bar at the far end. A few guests had already established themselves at the bar and at two of the tables.

"After you, m'dear."
Luna rolled her eyes at 'm'dear' and walked in. "It does seem like a good place."

Arien followed behind her, amused. "Yep; it really comes alive at night. There's a booth or the bar--which do you prefer?"
Luna shrugged. "It doesn't matter." Luna looked around the place. All the years she's been around-since the 1600's- she has never since a place like this before.

"How about a table then," said Arien, leading the way to one situated between the bar and the occupied booths.

He pulled a chair out from the table for Luna, remembering his gentlemanly ways in spite of the urge to prank. "You should wait to taste their food before you act surprised--they've got a fair number of good dishes here."
Luna sat down in the chair Arien pulled out for her. "Thanks, and we'll see. I've been to many different countries than you would believe."

Arien sat down across from her. "Really? Which one was your favorite?"

The waitress came over then to take their orders; at which point Arien ordered some sort of shepherd's pie.
Luna ordered some soup and though about Arien's question. "That's a hard one, I've been to many different countries in many different times." Luna paused to think some more.
"I guess that would have to be Italy."

The waitress vanished to take care of their orders, while Arien scrunched his face up--trying to recall an Italy.

"I don't think I've ever been there. What was it like?"
Luna shrugged. "Strangly enough, not bad. Calm, queit, no war, no worries." Luna couldn't remember much from when she went to Italy, which that was back in 2000.

"No strange mutated creatures...?" Arien suggested. "Sounds like a paradise."

The waitress returned with their meals and then left again. Arien grinned as he reached into his cloak and produced a vial of red. This he uncorked and poured liberally onto his plate. The smell was hot and peppery; drenching the shepherds pie in it, he took a bite. "Mmm, mmm. Perfect."
Luna ate a her soup a spoonful at a time. She was suprised at how good it was but she never let her manners slip. She looked up at Arien. "The food is good here."

"Isn't it?" Arien commented. "It's my favorite place..." which was probably why it was one of the few taverns he hadn't been thrown out of.

"So I take it you travel a lot. Any particular reason why?"
Luna stiffen at that question. She avoided Arien's gaze. "Many different reasons." She mumbled. Luna did travel alot because she was avoiding her own kind that some would try to kill her the only two ways there are to kill Luner Angels, or they though she was the one who killed her brother.

"Ah, fair enough," said Arien, noting her unwillingness to continue. "I like the freedom myself. And meeting strangers." He flashed a smile. "Plus, you learn all sorts of strange things you never would have learned otherwise."

A pause as he considered. "Then again, there are some things I wish I didn't know about."
Luna looked at Arien, with a confused expression, then se though about all the things she though better to forget and nodded. "But, once you know something you didn't wish to know, it haunts you." Luna though about how her life would be completely different if no one ever knew about her wings color.

"True, but once you know it, it takes some of the fear away. Some--not all," he clarified, a haunted look entering his expression briefly. He shrugged and took another mouthful of tabasco sauce drenched shepherd's pie.

"I don't try to let things haunt me; I'd rather haunt those things than the other way around." A mischievous look crossed his face. "My friend's pet wolf, for instance, is that way. Her breed has a reputation for manslaughter--but the wolf itself, ours at least, is pretty nice and amiable. She protects us too from the ones that would like to eat us for dinner. So it's just a matter of twisting fate on its head and hoping it doesn't come back to bite you in the--ah--end."
Luna grinned. "It's much more fun to scare something that scares you. At least someone who doesn't see you what for you are." Luna shrugged and ate another spoonful and soup.
"But, with that they are more afarid of you then they'll say or show." She smriked remembering how she would scare her brother or the other Luner Angels that acrossed her path.

Arien laughed. "Exactly. I couldn't have phrased it better myself." It would explain his hang ups with his brothers, and why he pulled so many pranks. The best way to keep people at a distance was to frighten them with his unpredictableness. It was a deep revelation, for him.

"Ya know, I think I just learned something." If his friend had been present, he'd have been smacked upside the head for the comment.

"It's hard work being afraid; I'd much rather be prepared for something to happen than to be on the receiving end all the time." He scowed briefly, remembering the torture his brothers had put him through. It was time they were afraid of him; his scowl changed to a predatory grin.
Luna nodded and noticed his grin. "You've got something planed for someone don't you?" She didn't need him to say anything about having a plan, she could tell by his grin and his comments.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » April Fools! (Open to all)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus