Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » April Fools! (Open to all)

Arien Chase (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Arien looked up at the sky, as though searching for the moon in spite of the fact it was daytime. "I think the moon is beautiful; it sheds light in the darkest of nights. I would know, I've seen a lot of dark nights."

He glanced at her sidelong and then added, "My name doesn't have a meaning. I think my father preferred it that way."
Luna looked up at the sky too but then looked back down at the ground. "Yeah, I've had my share of dark nights too. I can even remember why my parents named me Luna." Luna smiled slightly remmebering her parents.

Not one to let an opportunity go unwasted, Arien seized the bait. "Oh? Why?"
Luna tesned up. "Uh, b-because I'm albino and they s-said I remind them of the moon." Luna was lying for her life and she always sucked at it but she couldn't say the real reason or she might as well be calling someone to come get her to figure out why the hell she had wings when she wanted them by telling a human.

Arien cocked his head to the side and regarded her for a moment. Her pale features and red eyes certainly were unusual, but he'd just thought they made her look unique. "You're right," he said, "you do remind me of the moon. Your silvery hair must glow in the moonlight."
Luna was suprised he bought into her lie but she kept it and shrugged.
"I don't know if it does never really cared much about it." She moved some of her silvery hair into her view and remembered that she was the only one in her family to be albino, which was strange but she knew why it was that way. "I'm the only one in my family that is albino, not even my older brother or my parents."

((My genetics background is fighting to surface--arg! But it's not IC for Arien to know such things...))

"Nature sometimes plays practical jokes on people. Trust me, I've seen enough of nature to know that my pranks are harmless in comparison. I mean, what kind of beast can paralyze you with its gaze alone and then try to eat you?!" He scowled and his hand dropped to the blue-jeweled hilt on his sword. "Besides that, my, er, magical gift was the biggest joke in my family. But I didn't let that stop me."
Luna looked up at Arien. "Magical gift?" She knew of many different things about the magical world witches, dragons, etc. but she never heard of a human having a magical gift. She knew she was albino because she was a Luner Angel even though her wings were solid black instead of a white color that looked the same as the moon's color does.

"Don't get me wrong," said Arien, "it's nothing fantastic. It's a fast movement thing I can barely control, let alone understand how it works. One moment I'll be hacking and hewing and the next, I'll be a few feet away, but I have no recollection of actually moving. Not that I'm complaining--it comes in very handy in sword fights--if it happens at all. But...my brothers don't recognize it as a gift at all." A dark expression crossed his face.

"I'm half expecting them to show up, actually...but it's probably best if they don't. Last time they thought they'd 'kidnap' a friend of mine 'for fun'. They learned the errors of their ways soon enough."
Luna looked down at the ground remembering how she was the odd one in her family because of wing color."I know how that feels, being seen as the odd one out of your own family. It's hard to deal with, my brother sees me as something else then what I am." Luna sighed, she couldn't say she hated her brother because she didn't but she didn't like him. "Just not because I'm the only albino in my family."

Arien nodded. "I gave up caring when my dad and brothers disowned me. My mother stayed with me though and we moved away to take care of ourselves...but it was hard."

Confused, he glanced sidelong at Luna. "What do you mean he sees you as something else?"
Luna relized her mistake with saying that her brother saw something different from a Luner Angel. "Have you ever heard of the legend of the Luner Angels?" Luna kept eyes down at the ground.
"That's what my family is, only my wings are black instead of white so my brother though that I wasn't one because of it and tried to disown me but my parents wouldn't let him." Luna whispered in a low queit voice that had not one emotion in it.

Arien's eyes went round, though his face showed nothing. "You're an angel? But...you don't have wings or anything." He could be obtuse at times, but he liked to think he would have seen feathery extensions on an otherwise almost normal person.

"Who cares what color your wings are. If that's the worst thing your brother can dig up, heck, you've got a near-perfect life compared to mine. And my father and three older brothers did disown me."
Luna sighed. "I guess that is true, but my own kind cased me and my brother out, we were put into faster care all our lives until we could move out. And I chose when my wings show, but there is a way to see that I have them without showing them." Luna shook her head, knowing she was going to regret saying that.
"The color matters because almost all of my kind have white wings, not black."

"That sounds tough," he commented. He had at least been with his mother the whole time, as opposed to being completely kicked out.

Still, Arien couldn't resist. "Would you show them--your wings--to me? Please?"
Luna shook her head. "I can't during the daytime I refuse to show me wings unless I'm somewhere no one else can see them." Luna wasn't suprised Arien wanted to see them, who wouldn't want to see someone with wings? That was aonce in a lifetime chance.

Disappointed, Arien hung his head. "Why's that? What's the point of having wings if you don't use them?"
Luna looked up at Arien. "I use them, just not during the daytime when humans can see them. Plus they are easier to bring out when the sun isn't up." Luna's voice was quiet she hoped no one else heard her. "Only once has one of my kind been spotted and ever since then we try to hide so that people won't try to figure out what we are and how we came to be." She whispered in a low voice so that only Arien could hear her.

"Oh, right." Understanding cleared his face and he flushed slightly. "I suppose that makes sense. Lunar, moon, and all that..."

"But is it that important to be so secretive? It has to be, well, lonely. Unless you meet up with others of your kind."
"Yeah, we have to keep queit about it, you know how if someone doesn't know something they'll do what it takes to finding out what it is. My kind are lesser know was bird people, or something around those lines." Luna sighed, wishing it was mucher simple to be able to not to worry about someone seeing her fly and try to shot her out of the sky like a bird instead of a person.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » April Fools! (Open to all)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus