Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » April Fools! (Open to all)

Arien Chase (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Arien was the poster child when it came down to investigating strange things with unwavering determination. He grinned. "The problem with that, is that it makes those of us who find you that much more interested. And those who haven't, curious." He scratched his chin briefly. "I'd know, because I'd be one of them who'd stop at nothing to find out what you are."

"Not that I'd try to hurt you. But, how do you stay safe when you're flying? If you're flying at night--you can't possibly see very well. Or can you?" He frowned and shook his head. "Flying is so not my thing."
Luna smiled. "It is easy to fly out of people site, I just fly up higher to where you can't see me. Since my wings are black then it is easier for them to be hidden by the night sky. Flyying is not for everyone, just those who can fly."

"Well, can't disagree with you there. I'm not a fan of heights--except when it comes to elaborate pranks." He grinned at a memory.

Coming back to himself, he asked, "Do you like flying?"
Luna shrugged. "Not as much as people would believe out of someone who can fly. But I can't disagree with you on hieghts, I try not to be up too high, it;s too easy to knock an angel out of the sky. Just a simple bow a arrow is all you need and good aim wouldn't hurt." Luna shuddered at the moermy of when some hiker shot her with an arrow, which she is still healing from.

Arien could read between the lines when he needed to. "You were hurt? Or someone you knew, was? It's probably a good thing you haven't met my friend...he uses a longbow--but he doesn't shoot things for sport."
Luna nodded. "Yeah, I was hit with an arrow a few days ago and wings don't very fast." Luna sighed.
"Stupid hiker." She mumbled under her breath.

Arien grimaced. He'd seen broken wings on birds before--it was never pretty and the bird usually didn't last long. "Is it serious? Do you need a healer or something?"
"No, it's not too bad, unlike birds, my wings are bigger so one arrow doesn't cause too much damage." Luna was suprised that Arien asked that, of course she was use to people who knew about her having wings to turn their noses up at her.

"Still doesn't sound like it feels good." Arien shook his head and rubbed his arms, as though checking for injuries on himself. But it did bring to mind another question.

"How do you hide your wings? If they're that big, they should be pretty impossible to hide, right?" It'd take an awfully big pack to contain human-sized bird wings.
"I only use my wings at night and my wings are black so it is kind of hard to see them at night." Luna shrugged, it was no big deal to her.
"I've had training to help with that." She added.

"Oh." Arien grinned and seemingly gave up. "I guess no amount of wheedling is going to get you to show them to me. Fine, fine, I'll quit pressing the matter." He wasn't giving up until he could see her and them though. His curiosity peaked, he refused to back down until it was satisfied.
Luna rolled her eyes. "Yeah, sure you are. I'm not showing my wings unless I have too, that's what I live by and stand for." Luna was a hard person to crack, she had never in her life time let a human see her wings with her knowing it. She didn't even like her wings but she dealt with them one way or another.

"Have to, huh?" Arien cocked his head to the side. "What would--" he stopped himself and shook his head. "Like you'd tell me that."

"Alright, so..." he paused to look around them. "Pranks. Pail of water over the doorway only works if you don't hit the owner on accident, and snares aren't well suited for city life--as hilarious as that would be." He snickered. "I guess food it is, first, and then we'll go from there."

The chances of being able to spike someone else's food were only good if he sat at the bar. But he was willing to make allowances. He turned to Luna, thinking her ability to fly would be really handy, though he didn't voice it. "So, what've you got as far as pranks?"
Luna though about the pranks she's plaied over her years. She didn't think the pranks she did wounld work during the day since they usually scaried people. She knew one thing that might work. "I know this one isn't good but it works.You could put some salt in any type of drink, water include."

"Salt? Hmm, it's worth a try. But just between you and me, I found one that works really well--if done right." He reached into his pocket and produced a vial as long and thin as his finger. Inside was a fiery red liquid.

In a near whisper, with darting eyes like he half-expected something to overhear or attack him, he said: "Tabasco sauce. Hot and effective in food. Even better in the reactions of unsuspecting people. The trouble will be finding a way to slip it into people's food..."
Luna stared at the vial and looked up at Areion. "I guess it would be hard to put it in someone's food, seeing the color it is." She said in a whisper.

Arien laughed. "You should smell it; it's potent stuff." He sobered briefly. "But yeah...not the easiest stuff to use as a prank. If there were more trees or we were out camping, I'd rig a snare trap."

"But I don't want the bartender getting mad and chucking me out of the bar again."
"Again? I guess April Fools day isn't the only day you play pranks." Luna grinned at him.

Arien flushed--something he didn't do often. "Well, usually it's my own fault for getting thrown out." Not that he'd admit to his faults of being 'overly friendly'.

"Besides," he hurried on, "everyone is expecting a prank on April Fools...and it's more fun to catch them off guard."
"Very, true." was all she said. She looked down the street. "Well? Are we going to go to that place you were talking about or not?" She grinned up at him.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » April Fools! (Open to all)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus