Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » April Fools! (Open to all)

Arien Chase (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Arien nodded. "I always have some means of backup. But for my brothers"--the grin widened--"if and when I run into them, I'll be ready for anything. And they won't know what hit them."

"Teach them to try to harass me with their powers. Thank the gods I got out of there before I developed mine." His eyes glinted. "They don't know the first thing about it. And I aim to keep it that way."
"So, your brothers don't know that you have something similar to a magical power." Luna nodded. "Better to keep them guessing than knowing, much more fun in my opioin."

"Yes. Mostly just to see their faces when their youngest brother pulls one over on them. There will be pictures, oh yes." Arien rubbed his hands together gleefully.

"Ah, anyway, that's kind of a personal grudge match. I don't usually make a habit of going after strangers with such...intensity. And my magical ability isn't really that fantastic." It just suited him perfectly well, is all. He looked down at his plate and sighed. He'd eaten it all, a small streak of red the only sign that he'd used Tabasco sauce at all.
Luna had finished her food as well. "I can understand that, the same goes for me when it comes to my brother and the other angels the turn the noses up at me. My brother and I pretty much have the same relationship you have with your brothers." Luna shrugged, even after her brother's death there was still haterd between them, she never went to his grave no matter how many people told it was time to lay everything between her brother and her down and move on.

Arien grimaced at their similarities. "Yes, well, if things had been different, we might have gotten along better." If he had developed his powers, say, at a normal age rather than delayed by ten or twelve years.

"I don't really know what I'd be doing now, though, if that was the case. I'd probably be traveling anyway because, well, that's all I'd ever be good at." Or pulling pranks--which his father and brothers would not have allowed. He shrugged. "I guess what matters is doing what we can with what we've got. The short end of the stick isn't always bad. Particularly if the other end has poison ivy on it."
Luna grinned and leaned her back against the chair. "Okay, you gotta tell me what you are planing." She folded her arms across her chest.

Arien's face instantly schooled into an unreadable, blank expression. "Planning? I'm not planning anything..."

A small grin appeared a moment later. "For my brothers or for some unsuspecting bystander?"
Luna rolled her eyes. "How about both." She had grin on her face.

Arien grinned, a slightly malevolent look entering his eyes. "My brothers, should they ever find my dwelling place, will discover nothing but traps. Snares, pits, ropes, sticky stuff, lots of tabasco sauce in common everyday items..." He shook his head. "There's a reason I don't stay home."

He paused as he considered the pranks for the bystanders. "Actually, I've already set one up here." He grinned as someone pulled open the door to the tavern--before they lost their grip and it slammed shut. He lifted his hand slightly, revealing a piece of wire that he'd attached to the door when he'd held it open for Luna. "Easy peasy. Probably not what you were expecting?"
"Already getting a head start, now are we." Luna's grin grew widder and miscivous look in her eyes.
"Can't you wait up for me, or at least let me in on when you are going to play?"

"The surprise is half the fun," said Arien, who leaned forward. "So what've you got planned? Or are you going to try to spring it on me?"
Luna grinned. "The thing is angels, no matter if they are outcasted or not can play mind tricks on people." as she said that a woman jumped screaming saying there is a snake on her when there was nothing on her.

Arien turned in surprise, his jaw dropping. "Oh man--now you tell me? Hey listen, if we ever meet up with my brothers can you do that to them?"

She had just got a little more interesting, but he was only getting warmed up. "I can't exactly let loose here," he warned, "but if we head outside--" He trailed off as the waitress who had served them earlier came running. His eyes weren't on the waitress, however, but on the unwatched tray covered in food. Without a thought, Arien pulled out a second red vial and then vanished--to reappear by the tray. He put a few drops on the food and then reappeared back at the table--as though nothing had happened.

The waitress returned to the tray and delivered its contents to another group of newcomers. Arien grinned as they ate--before hearing their orders for water or mead or something to douse the burning.
Luna saw the whole thing and tried not to laugh. "It all depends on what you want me to make them think is happening or seeing. That is all important, and I can focus on one person at a time so it could happen to each of them." Luna closed her eyes and three people jumped up screaming something that no one could tell was. She opened her eyes and the people looked around and looked confused.

Arien laughed at the startled reactions of the people around them, before remembering that he shouldn't be associated with being the source of such cacophony. He did want to come back to the bar, after all. He clapped a hand over his mouth to smother the laughter.

"That is brilliant!" And of course it almost made the idea of running into his brothers an almost pleasant one. Except that they'd be outmatched--three to two. "Just thoughts and images?" he asked, "You can't make them do anything they otherwise wouldn't do?"
Luna shrugged. "I tap into someone's senses and make them think and fell as if something was on them. Such as with the woman and the snake thing. I reached into her thoughts and made it feel as if a snake was crawling on her and when she checked to see if there was that is what she saw, but only she could see it." Luna grinned. "It's too easy, and the best thing about being an angel. Good for getting even with your eminies."

Arien realized how lucky he had been to escape from playing a prank on Luna. If she'd used that ability on him...it probably would not have ended well.

He shook his head. "It's amazing that the populace hasn't gone crazy already with that kind of ability running amok. But it's pretty incredible. I'm just glad my brothers don't have that particular ability--life was bad enough without seeing or feeling things that weren't there."
Luna shrugged. "Only angels have this power, it is impossible for a human to have it unless a angel gives it to them which you can pretty much tell is not going to happen. Anyways more angels are to serious to have some fun messing with a few humans." Luna sighed, grateful for once that she was casted out to Earth from the rest of her kind, she did not want to be like them. "It's a shame that I am the only one of my kind that'll have some fun. Oh, well their lost."

Arien grinned. "Their loss, but our gain. I mean, it's good to be serious some times, but all the time? It's just a burden. They gotta learn to loosen up a little." He rolled his shoulders to loosen his muscles a little.

"Me? I take my fun seriously. Traps don't lay themselves. Speaking of which, I wonder how many unsuspecting travellers I've waylaid."
Luna shrugged. "Not being so serious all the time is the good thing that came out of being outcasted. I don't take my fun very serious, unless I know how I'm messing with, then it is a whole different story." Luna grinned.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » April Fools! (Open to all)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus