Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New kid

Alex Jones (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Alex was suprised by that, he never really like being in a groups, not ever since what happen to his parents, but he actted that what Sarah said was a great complaint to him, which it was, just the endding caught him off guard.
"That's good, but I can be shy around new people and larger groups." He gave a sheepish smiled.
Sarah Johnson (played by PenGryphon2007)

"So was I," admitted Sarah. "Especially when they're filled with intimidating people. But they're not so intimidating once you know them one-on-one. That's what makes them friends. The trick is finding a way to introduce yourself." She shrugged and then sighed suddenly in relief.

"Oh good, there's the library. I was right after all." They were approaching from the right, somehow the animal trails hadn't led them too far astray.

Alex saw the library as well. "Well, it is good that you remembered the way, we proably would have gotten lost from believeable if you tried letting me lead." Alex laughed, seeing how true it really was, but he was just trying to change the subject, he didn't want to run into the question why he hated being in larger groups of people.

"I went hunting for a pond with a guy with a bad sense of direction? What was I thinking? If we'd gotten lost, there'd be no finding us, ever." Sarah grinned. "Well, looks like the library's closed anyhow. Hope you didn't need to get a book."

She turned to look in the direction of the hill. "Well, if your house is over there, mine happens to be in the opposite direction. I tend to go to the hill a lot because I like walking and its quieter there--more stuff to draw. We could meet there again in the morning, though, if you'd like."

Alex looked at the hill they met each other. "Yeah that sounds good, we better hurry the sun is setting."

Alex pointed to the setting sun and siled. For some reason he loved to watch the sun set the many different colors. The clounds changing colors.

Sarah turned to go but paused to watch Alex. He seemed to really enjoy the sunset. A few more minutes wouldn't hurt anything.

"It's pretty, isn't it?" she said softly.

"Yeah, sunsets always are beatiful." Alex smiled then checked his watch. 6:29. "Wow, it's already six."

"Yeah, I'll be late for dinner at this rate." She lifted a hand in a wave. "See you tomorrow, Alex!"

She turned and began a slow jog back home, though she looked over her shoulder one more time, fixing the sunset and Alex's image in her mind. It would make an amazing sketch, she thought.

Alex waved back to Sarah. "See you tomorrow." He turned in the dircetion of his new house and walked. It was 6:40 when he opened up the door. "I'm back." He said, noticing that his foster father was passed out on the couch, while his foster mother was making something. She greeted him at the door. "Welcome back, Alex. Did you meet anyone new?" She asked with a hopeful smiled.
"Yes, ma'am." Was all he said before walking to his room. He opened his room door to see he still needed to unpack, his dresser, desk, and bed were in he just needed to unpack his clothes, books, and other stuff.

It was about 6:40 when Sarah returned home; she found her parents on the couch, their faces drawn and worried. "What's wrong?" she asked, closing the door behind her.

Her parents surged to their feet. "Sarah! We thought..." her mother looked as though she'd thought the worst. Sarah looked down.

"I made a friend today, so there's nothing to worry about. We're meeting tomorrow morning--his name's Alex. I'll warm up leftovers." She missed the looks her parents sent each other--looks of relief and also surprise. It was going to be a long night.

Before Alex had finished unpacking half his stuff, his foster mother came in with what looked like something to eat. "I brought you something to eat. Alex." Alex didn't even look at her.
"Thank you." He kept going on unpacking his things and what not. She set his food on the emtpy desk and left.

"Sarah?" She looked up abruptly, surprised by her mother entering the kitchen where she was eating leftover spaghetti. "Don't forget to take your pills. You know how you get when you miss a day."

Sarah nodded. "Thanks, mom." She forced a smile and then regarded the pills her mother set beside her plate. She waited for her mother to leave before dissolving them in her drink, which she drained into the sink.

She didn't need anti-depressants; what she needed was time, to heal her psychological scars. And meeting Alex, she hoped, was the beginning of that. She'd been genuinely happy today--but let her parents think it was the drugs at work. They wouldn't believe anything else.

She headed to her room and began to sketch.

After a few more hours of unpacking Alex finally finished. He sat back against his bed to see one more box in his closet. "How did I miss that one?" He walked over to the box and opened it, it was pictures of his parents and brother, some of his brothers drawings and writings. Alex sighed, and pull out one picture, and set on his dresser, it was his family photo. Soon after his foster mother came in. "Alex, are you ever going to tell us what happen to your parents back in England?" She asked, Alex hadn't told her anything about how got into foster care, he never told anyone. He shook his head.
"Maybe in all good time, but it isn't something needed to be pushed on." He said then closing the box back up and putting it in his closet under the hanging clothes.

It was late by the time Sarah finished her sketch; color and all. She sighed, rubbed her eyes as the image blurred, and then pushed her materials aside to make room for herself on the cluttered bed.

Her last thought before she fell asleep was that she was looking forward to tomorrow to hang out with Alex.

Alex yawned finishing up some unpacking hanging up one of his brother's pictures. His foster mother knocked on the door and peeked in. "Alex, your still up? You need to go to sleep." Alex nodded and she left. He yawned again before going to bed, his last though was about hanging out with Sarah tomorrow.

By pure accident she overslept. Scrambling to collect her things, she headed out the door with a "see you later!" to her parents--if they were around. She bypassed her meds (again) and ran almost the entire way to the hill, where she stopped at the foot of it, to catch her breath.

She started up the hill. "Alex? You here? Sorry I'm late. I overslept on accident..." It was an overcast day, but she didn't expect rain--and hoped it wouldn't for she hadn't brought her jacket with her.

Alex overslept, but because a friend of his called him in the middle of the night. As soon as he saw the clock he was up and out. He told his foster mother that he'll be back around noon, and headed out the door. He got there just a few minutes before Sarah, little did he know, he had grabbed one of his brother's drawings of his parnets. He looked over to where Sarah was. "Looks like the makes the both of us."

Sarah grinned at Alex and flopped to the ground where she pulled her backpack open.

"I was up late last night, because I found inspiration." She pulled out the sketchbook and flipped to the very back where she tore out the page. She handed it to Alex. "The sunset from last night."

The drawing had taken time, but the colors had come out very well: two figures atop a hill watching the sunset with delight. "I thought you might like to have it," Sarah added, suddenly a bit embarrassed.

Alex looked at the picture and smiled at Sarah. "It's really good thank you." He was folded up the picture carefully so not to smuge it but when he was about to put it his pocket he felt something else, his brother's drawing. "Huh?" He pulled out the drawing and opened it, as soon as he saw what it was he folded it back up quickly.

"What is it?" Sarah had only caught a quick glance of the piece of paper that Alex had drawn out of his pocket, but from what she could tell, it looked like artwork.

"Do you draw too?" she asked. Wondering what had been drawn on it.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New kid

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus