Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New kid

Alex Jones (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Alex glanced at Sarah. "Their good I guess, I haven't been around them too much, this is the frist I met them, I switched foster parents."
Sarah Johnson (played by PenGryphon2007)

"Oh, is that so? They seem nice at least..." she trailed off and then realization crossed her face. "So, wait, even in England...you were in foster care?"

Alex nodded. "I've been in foster care for a long while, I can bearly remember when I wasn't."

"Do you...remember your parents at all?" she asked, watching him carefully. If he looked uncomfortable she'd let the subject go; but she was curious too.

"Yes, I do remember them, I first went into foster care when I was at least ten." Alex eyes grew cloudy at the meormies of his parents and brother.

"What--" she cut herself off before asking what happened. She got the idea that he didn't really talk about it and might not like to say more.

The trees around them were starting to thin out a little, even as the animal trail seemed to grow more obviously into a trail.

"I wonder if we're getting close to the pond yet?" Just then the ground beneath her left foot gave out and with a yelp, she fell--her foot plunging into cold, muddy water.

Alex grabbed Sarah's arm before she fell all the way into the hole. He pulled her up out of the hole. "That was close now. I guess we are getting close tat or the pound is an undeground pound. " Alex looked at Sarah with conrent in his eyes. "Are you alright, Sarah?"

"Ho boy, that was scary." She stood for a moment, collecting herself after the fright and regarded the muddy hole that had snagged her foot. She scowled and kicked some dirt over it.

"I'm okay," she said, though she looked rather like she had seen a ghost--she was shaken. "Maybe the pond is just a rumor anyway."

Alex saw that she looked shaken. "Are you sure you're okay?" He asked, concern in his eyes. He looked in the hole and just saw darkness. "I guess it is good I was caught you before you fell in, it looks deep."

"Y-yeah, I'll be okay." She took a deep breath and then let it out slowly. She watched him looking at the hole. "You could try dropping a rock in and see if it hits water or ground or something." She paused and then added: "I hate falling. It's the worst sensation for me."

Alex nodded. "I can agree with that." Alex grabbed a rock, doing what Sarah suggested and dropping down the hole. He counted till it hit what sounded like water splashing. He stood up and smiled.
"Well looks like the pound wasn't a rumor it is an underground pound." He looked at Sarah. "Looks like we found it."

Sarah smiled in spite of herself. "Underground pond, huh? Makes it a bit trickier to get down to. But it would explain why no one else has found it." She chanced a look at the sky--it was getting late.

"I wonder if there's a way to get to it...or if it opens out somewhere else?"

Alex looked up at the sky too and frowned seeing that the sun would be settting soon. "I guess we'll have to find out tomorrow, it'll be night time soon."

"That's too bad. But if you're free tomorrow, we could meet up and investigate. If you want." She shrugged and looked down the hole, half-jokingly she added: "Maybe we should bring a shovel?"

"Yeah, we should, you never know we might need it." Alex shrugged. "We better get going before your parents and my foster parents start getting worried."

Sarah smiled and nodded. "Yeah, and my parents would be right to worry if I were late. Hopefully we can find our way back to the library without any difficulties." She'd been keeping track of their general direction as they walked, so she pointed off to their right. "I think the library's that way."

Alex smiled. "Lead the way Ms. Sarah." Alexx bowed like some victron knight gesturing for her to lead the way with his hand out in the dircetion she pointed in.

Laughing, Sarah took the lead. "Somehow, I don't think you'll have any problems making friends, Alex. And I had fun." She sounded almost surprised by this small detail.

Alex followed right beside her laughing light too. "I'm glad you had fun, Sarah. What makes you think it will be easy for me to make friends?" Alex never saw himself a very social person, he was queit around groups of more than two or three including himself.

Sarah shrugged as she tried to put it into words. "I don't know; you're kind and considerate, and you're fun to be around. I think those are important traits in a friend."

He was the complete opposite to a certain other acquaintance she had met--who was volatile and violent and coarse. She added with a smile: "If other people see that side of you, I think you'll have more friends than you'll know what to do with."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New kid

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus