Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New kid

Alex Jones (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Alex saw the tears in Sarah eyes and felt a pang of sorrow for her. He padded her shoulder and smiled softly. "Everybody has something that hurts them, but doesn't mean we need to feel ashamed about it." was all he said to try to comfort her.
Sarah Johnson (played by PenGryphon2007)

Sarah flinched from the unexpected contact, but didn't quite pull away. "I-it's not shame, as much as it's guilt," she replied softly. "I feel like he had more to live for while I..." she shrugged.

"It doesn't really matter; it can't be changed. Sorry; I don't mean to fall apart like this. I'm usually more...poised." She tried for a smile though it was shaky at best. At least the tears had stopped.

Alex smiled back as well but he still felt soory for Sarah. "Everyone has gulit but there's nothing we can do to change what has happened. You don't need to worry about showing your emotions that most people don't see, it really isn't heahtly to keep everything hidden."

"Speak for yourself," she muttered. Then clapped a hand to her mouth in horror. "Oh, sorry! I-I didn't mean it that way...!" she flailed for a moment and then bowed her head in defeat.

"It's been a while since I had anyone to actually listen to me--the psychiatrist doesn't really hear except to prescribe pills and the parents like to pretend everything is fine..." It was an attempt at an explanation--the best she could do given the circumstances.

"Why don't you try to get your parents to acutally listen for once and stop thinking that medication will make everything better. I might not have been able to get my pervious foster parents listen to me fully but I got them to understand to let me choose what I wanted to do and how I wanted to deal with what's happen to me." Alex kept his eyes locked with Sarah's, he understood what she was going thorogh, no one would listen. Even if she didn't say what happened to put her in this poistion, he didn't care if she did tell him, as long as she didn't have to suffer like he had to before.

"I just... I guess I never really decided what I wanted to tell them, and then they didn't know how to react and so they just kind of ignored everything. And...to be honest, I guess I didn't really want help either. I thought it'd go away with time. But it's been a few years..." she shrugged.

"Maybe I'll do that," she said after a pause. "We'll have a talk and see what comes of it." She shivered a little, not particularly looking forward to the after part. "...thanks."

Alex smiled at her. "Anytime." He said then added, "Come on, we better find that pound before it gets dark."

Sarah nodded. "Right. If it was six feet deep...it'll probably go a ways before it resurfaces. Maybe we should try downhill?" She looked around to find the foresty area sloping gradually to their right. "That way maybe?"

Alex shrugged. "What do we have to lose, give it a try." He looked at where Sarah was staring at.

"Alright then..." Sarah led the way down the slope, casting periodic glances back so she didn't forget the way. Although after a while it didn't seem to matter as the trees began to thin out.

She paused as a small little clearing opened up and she listened carefully. A pond or a creek? She heard water. "I think we're close!"

Alex followed Sarah the whole way and heard the water as well. "Sure sounds like it." He smiled at her.

Sure enough, they came to a pond--much bigger than Sarah expected as it was a good dozen feet or so in diameter. She grinned at Alex.

"I think this is it! Isn't it pretty? Thanks for coming with me!" Already she could see dragonflies zipping out over the water and a frog ribbeting from somewhere nearb. Whatever her hangups and discomforts had been earlier--they vanished now. "Do you see any fish, Alex?"

Alex looked in the pound and saw some fish. "Yeah, there's not many though."

Sarah flopped onto the grass with a blissful sigh. "Ah, well, some are better than none. And hey, we didn't need shovels either." She pulled out her sketchpad and then glanced up at Alex.

"Did you bring something to do? Or would you like to model for me?" she grinned.

Alex sighed. "I got nothing on me so I have no choice here." He sat down infornt of the pool of water crosslegged. Moved his fingure at the top of the water, watching the fish swim away.

Sarah grinned. "I'll try to make it good." She began a rough sketch of the pond, with a faint outline of Alex sitting at the water's edge.

As she drew, however, her grin gradually faded into concentration. She was filling in Alex's features and reinforcing the shadows when she blinked and did a double-take at her drawing and then at the scene before her. It wasn't her imagination after all.

There was someone else lingering faintly in the background. Not a shadow, not a person, but a shade or a... her face paled at the idea of a spirit or a ghost being around Alex. If she got closer to it, she might be able to make out finer details but at the moment it was just a faintly hazy outline of a boy. Maybe with dark hair.

Alex looked over at Sarah to see her face had gone pale and she looked like she saw a ghost. He got up and walked over to her. "Are you alright Sarah?" He was worried that something might be wrong. He looked around the area and saw nothing.

Sarah shook her head, and tried to school her features back into some semblance of normalcy. "Ah, no, it's nothing, Alex."

Her hand still hovered over the sketchbook however, and before she could stop herself, she began to draw the shade. If she had thought that it was following Alex, she might have been sure of it by now, since it drifted closer--enough she could make out the finer features of black hair and small frame. Of course, with Alex so near to her, he would see.

Alex watched Sarah to draw another figure he didn't see, the more and more it pieced into more of a fimilar person. Alex's eyes widen at the more and more it looked like his brother, but more like his ghost of his brother. He looked around again and still saw nothing it was anooying but he was a little worried as to why how Sarah knew what his brother looked like, even more so how is brother's ghost. "S-Sarah, where did you see this figure?" He asked pointed to the the figure that looked like his brother, all the color in Alex's face was drained out at the realiztion at how much it looked like his brother.

Sarah didn't look up right away; if she had, she wouldn't have said what she did. She pointed towards the pond, where the shady figure seemed to be looking at the water--where Alex had been moments ago. "I-it's over there. I don't know, but it seems to be following you?"

A sharp pain lanced through her head and she winced, the pencil falling from suddenly loose fingers. "I-I sometimes see things that aren't there," she said softly. "I shoudn't have drawn it..." But she couldn't bring herself to erase it either.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New kid

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus