Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New kid

Alex Jones (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Alex shook his head. "No, that was my brother who drew. It's just one of his drawings I must have left it in my pocket or something." Alex was trying not to answer Sarah's frist question.
Sarah Johnson (played by PenGryphon2007)

"Was?" Sarah asked carefully. "Did he go into foster care too?"

It wasn't lost on her that Alex hadn't showed her the picture--it was obviously private between him and his brother and she wouldn't press him to see it.

"No, he didn't go into foster care." Alex didn't know how to say that his brother is dead. But he soon found a way. "He dead before I went into foster care." He murmured in low and quiet voice.

"Oh. I'm sorry." She bowed her head briefly. She couldn't imagine what it must be like to lose a sibling. "I'm an only child, but some friends I would be really sad to...lose."

She looked around and then shook her head to clear her thoughts. "Is it something you want to talk about? Or we can try to re-find the hidden pond...?" She wanted to be open to him without making him relive too much pain.

Alex smiled at her. "How about we re-find that pound before someone else does." Alex didn't want to be rude, but he wasn't one to open up. None of his fpster parents knew what happen to his parents or brother.

Seeing he didn't want to talk about it, she let it go.

Sarah smiled. "Alright, although I doubt anyone would have found it by now. If it's partially underground, maybe we should have brought shovels...?" All she had was her sketching stuff.

Alex face-palmed about forgetting. "I'm sorry, I had some at home and left them without thinking twice." He let out a small laugh at his forgetfulness.

Sarah smiled and shrugged. "Oh well, let's see if we can find it again anyway before we set out with shovels. Maybe we can use sticks instead," she murmured, thinking that shovels would draw attention to their secret endeavor.

"Let's go!"

Alex smiled at Sarah. "Lead the way." He grestured towards the library.

Knowing that the pond did exist put an extra spring into Sarah's step. She smiled. "Alright!" The animal paths seemed undisturbed from their last visit.

Not too much longer after entering the foresty area, they finally found the pond. Or what was left of the above-ground portion.

"Well, at least it looks like an interesting spot to draw," Sarah said, turning in a slow circle before finding a flat, dry spot to sit. "Maybe we'll see some wildlife too. Other than squirrels, I mean."

Alex beside her. "Yeah, maybe a deer or two. You never know." Alex shrugged.
"How do ou think we'll be able to get down to the pound?"

"We could always swim," Sarah suggested, cocking her head to the side to see Alex's reaction.

"Barring that, we could dig around with sticks and see how far below ground it goes." She frowned. "Hopefully not too far, I wouldn't want to disrupt too much of the natural environment. Or to draw too much attention to it."

Alex nodded. "Yeah, we could dorp a rock in the whole and count how many seconds it takes to hit the bottom then that is how many feet deep it is." Alex stood up and grabbe a rock he dropped it in the hole and counted till the rock hit the bottom after six seconds.
"It's six feet deep."

Sarah looked at the hole in dismay. "S-six feet? That's pretty deep." It was an ominous omen for her as well, since that was the depth at which most bodies were buried. She shuddered at the thought.

Alex looked at her. "At least it isn't ten feet deep or we would have to forget coming down here." Alex watched her closey.
"Are you alright?" He asked when she shudered.

"A-ah, yes, sorry," she stammered, trying to recover herself and avoiding Alex's eyes. She wiped her face on her sleeve, drying the cold sweat that had covered her as painful memories began to emerge. She shook her head to clear her thoughts.

"Um...It's just that being underground isn't..." Her voice wobbled; she couldn't say it after all. Maybe not taking those pills had been a bad idea after all. "Sorry, I just--don't like being underground."

Alex understood why she wouldn't like to be underground, he didn't either. He nodded in understandment. "I can understand why, being underground doesn't give anyone the best of feelings."
He looked back at the hole, remembering watching his brother and parents being burided underground in their each own cascet. He shook his head clear of the meormies before he came close to tears, he promised to his brother that he would be strong and keep going.

A moment of silence stretched out and finally Sarah inhaled deeply. "Well, maybe we don't need to dig underground. Perhaps there's another spot where it comes out above ground?"

It was worth a shot and she really didn't want to dredge up the memories of her boyfriend or how he'd died. And judging by Alex's somber mood, he too was thinking dismal thoughts.

Alex nodded, avioding Sarah's gaze. "Yeah let's see if there is a place where it comes to above ground. There has to be a place where the water runs above ground and heads below." He kept his voice leveled so not to give away any unwanted emotions.

Sarah nodded and then peered briefly into the hole. "I think it goes...that way." Of course it led where no animal trail went, so they'd have to manage on their own. In a forced-cheery voice she added, "If you don't mind much of a hike."

Turning her back to Alex to lead the way, she impatiently wiped away the stubborn tears that tracked down her face, hoping Alex hadn't seen them. She was determined that they were the last tears she'd shed for something she couldn't control. Besides--a pond was something to enjoy, not agonize over. Besides that, Alex was good company and she didn't want to scare him off.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New kid

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus