Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New kid

Alex Jones (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Alex looked at where she pointed but saw nothing. He rubbed her back to calm her. With what she told him, he was believeing that what she is seeing is his brother's ghost. "Sarah, do you believe in that what you might be seeing is a ghost?" He asked in a calm voice. "It might be my brother's ghost your seeing." He locked his eyes with her's, serious.
Sarah Johnson (played by PenGryphon2007)

She turned to look up at him, surprised and finally seeing how pale he was. "I-I figured it was a ghost...but your brother? He doesn't look very similar."

The ghost looked over at them and then began to approach. Sarah wasn't sure if she should run or stay. Would it--he--talk? Could it? What might it say?

Alex nodded. "My brother and I didn't look alike, but we acted alike. He was a kind person, but he was murder and is the reason I'm still alive." Alex was speaking the truth. He is brother was murder with his parents, but his brother told him to run and hide in the woods before the murder's got to him and his brother.

"Murdered?" Sarah's eyes went wide. "Who would do such a thing? Did they catch him?" She paused then added, "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to pry."

"It's alright, no they still haven't caught who did it, and I don't know why anyone would want to do that. I do know that the person who did it thinks I'm dead." Alex's memory of the day of when his family was murder was as clear as day too him and he shuddered.

Sarah gingerly set her hand on Alex's shoulder, attempting to offer some comfort. "I'm sorry, but I'm glad you survived. Your brother must have been incredibly brave."

Alex smiled faintly remembering his brother. "Yeah, he was, most people wouldn't have though of him that way since he didn't always seem brave but they saw after seeing me alive."

Sarah nodded. "You're brave too." She patted his shoulder and then looked down. "You have a lot of strength whether you realize it or not." She offered a smile and then looked back down at the drawing.

The ghost she had drawn made up part of the background. She sighed and tore the page free of the sketchbook. Another picture to destroy, she thought.

Alex never saw himself as brave. He though about it for a moment and still couldn't think of anything brave he has done in his life so far. "How am I brave?" He was confused as to why Sarah thought he was brave.

Sarah hesitated, wondering if it was wise to bring up the subject. "Well, having foster parents for one," she murmured. "Moving from England to America, for another. I don't think I'd be able to do that."

Alex didn't think much of those. "I didn't want to be placed as someone else's child so they let be a foster child and my foster parents have lived here forever so I was forced to move here, but it isn't that bad." He smiled at her.

Sarah smiled back. "That's good. I'm glad you came." She folded the picture in half and then again.

"I haven't been out too much, but I think that's about to change." She hesitated briefly as her hands moved to rip the picture--not ripping it just yet, but preparing to.

Alex watched Sarah carefully. "Why didn't you go out much?" He though she would be a very social girl, but it did seem like something did happen to her in the past before he moved.

"I was in a really bad motorcycle accident a couple of years ago. It killed my boyfriend. I survived only because he had given me his helmet. If he had worn it, he might still be alive." She found she had lost the strength to tear the picture in half.

"I don't really remember much of the accident; just the sound of a semi truck blaring its horn. I was unconscious for a week after. I shouldn't really even be alive." She shrugged. "Ever since, hearing motorcycles or seeing trucks makes me twitch--so I stayed inside a lot."

"I'm so sorry Sarah, it is always hard losing someone close to you." Alex though about a way to try to comfort her but he wasn't use to having to comfort someone, he never talked much about what happened to him. "I can understand why you would want to stay inside after that."

Sarah nodded. "I think it just made things worse though. I...I really didn't want to...live for the next couple of weeks after that. But," she shrugged, "I found ways to keep busy and distract myself from the harsh reality of what had happened."

She looked around, blinking as she recalled their surroundings. For a moment she fancied she saw the ghost of her boyfriend, but it vanished when she blinked again. She shook her head and forced a smile. "Fresh air helps and finding the pond with you has been a good thing."

Alex smiled at her. "I'm glad to be of help, but did you ever think there was a reason why you lived?" Alex locked his gaze with Sarah's.

"Do you really think your boyfriend would have wanted you to die in his place?" Alex might have not knew Sarah's boyfriend but he did know if he cared about her then he would have wanted her to live and be happy.

Sarah saw the concern in Alex's eyes and she swallowed. "It took a while for me to realize that," she said softly. "But he had higher goals than I did and..." she looked away.

"He would not have wanted me to die in his place." She knew that almost as surely as she had seen Alex's brother's ghost. But it was still hard to come to terms with.

"Then set higher goals, make the best of your second chance at life." Alex patted her shoulder.

"Don't let your life go to waste with greving and guilt, make the most of every second." Alex smiled kindly.

Sarah's hands closed into fists as determination crossed her face. "I-I'll do my best. But I'm not sure how far a girl who can see ghosts can get. Guess I'll have to find out for myself."

She smiled back at Alex, grateful for his company even if she couldn't express it in words.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New kid

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus