Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New kid

Alex Jones (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

Alex nodded."Yeah there are somethings that shoukdn't be spoken of." Alex saw in his mind the meormies of his parents and brother then shook his head clear of his past.
Sarah Johnson (played by PenGryphon2007)

"I think talking sometimes helps, but finding the right person to trust is where it gets difficult." She spoke as though she had experienced this firsthand, though her face was dark. One didn't normally speak lightheartedly of a near-death experience with an acquaintance.

She paused and then pointed at the two-story building they had come to. A few trees sat out front of the clean, brick building, but it was easy to see that there was practically a forest behind it. "Well, this is the library. I have no idea where to begin looking for the pond, but I know it isn't next to the playground which is immediately out back, before the trees start. That's the first spot I tried. And the forest goes back a ways, so I never ventured very deep."

She looked at Alex. "Still want to explore?"

Alex smriked. "Why stop when we're this far?" He looked at her and smiled. He always loved to go out and see new things and places he hadn't seen yet.

Sarah flushed and looked away before meeting his eyes. Why was she acting this way? She'd only just met him! She distracted herself by putting her sketchpad into the backpack. "Just thought I'd warn you. The woods are kinda...shady." But surely it was only when she was alone that they were creepy.

"Alright." She took a deep breath, steeling herself. "Let's go find this elusive pond! Keep your eyes peeled--it could be almost anywhere. And hopefully we won't get lost."

Slex nodded. "Yeah, we don't want to miss seeing it when it is staring us right in the face." Alex smiled at her, he didn't notice that she flushed, he wasn't use to talking to people he didn't know since he stuck with the friends he had in England.

Sarah entered the forest, following an animal trail that looked as good as any to choose from.

"So, um," she changed her mind about asking him about his past or his foster parents. "Do you have any questions about anything? Anything you want to know that hasn't come up yet?" She glanced at him, curiously.

Alex though about it for a moment."What kind of stuff do you like to draw?" He really couldn't think of anything.

"Ah, well, lots of stuff." She was glad she'd put the sketchbook away. She really didn't know why she carried it around--one sheet of paper really was all she needed. And there were some drawings she'd rather not let him see.

"I like nature," she offered and then hesitantly added, "it's a kind of therapy too." Not that it was helping.

Alex looked around at the nature around them. "Yeah, it is in some ways, very calming and colorful." Alex smiled watch a mockingbird take off, he smiled remembering how his brother drawed animals and flowers instead of the stuff boys his brother age drew.

Sarah nodded in agreement. For a moment she didn't say anything, just listened to the sound of birds chirping and squirrels chattering in the branches overhead. The woods weren't as dark as she remembered them being--but she attributed it to Alex's presence.

Softly, she said: "It's funny, but nature is the only place I feel I can really relax." She looked around as the animal trail faded and finally vanished. No sign of a pond. "I guess I'm not the only one who feels that way."

Alex looked at the animal footprints that were gone and looked around for the pound and got the same results and sighed. "Yeah, people can get relax and forget about everything they are doing." Alex gave a sheepish smiled.

Sarah laughed softly. "I don't know; you seem to have everything more or less together." A pause. "Do you see another animal trail? Maybe we can follow it out and try another route."

Alex looked around and spoted another animal trail about two feet or so away. "Yeah there's one over there." He pointed to the animal trail he spoted that looked to be made by a dear.

"Oh, good." She stretched gingerly and hitched her backpack higher on her shoulders. "I never realized how much the deer use this area. I wonder if we're getting closer?"

"Maybe, we could be closer than we think, only time will tell. Well let's go follow it and see where it leads us." alex smiled and grabbed Sarah's hand and ran/walked over to where the animal trail was.

Sarah flinched at the contact, but didn't pull away. She closed her hand around his and followed at his pace, running beside him to keep up.

"We should be careful!" she panted, "We have no idea where this pond might open up. We could possibly miss it or fall into it." But she was having too much fun to really care about the consequences of the latter.

Alex slowed down once they reached the trail. "You have a point there, but it looks like we only got a few hours less of half a day." Alex pointed up to the sky at the sun that was growing closer to setting.

"Aww, that's too bad. I kind of wish the sun would stay where it is now--and wait until we find the pond before it sets completely."

If they found it, it would be too dark to enjoy it. "Well, let's keep looking anyway. If it gets too dark, we'll just go back..." She turned around to survey their path thus far. "Maybe I should have brought a flashlight."

"We should be fine, once the sun starts setting we'll head back, sound good?" Alex looked at Sarah and smiled.

Sarah relaxed a little. "That sounds good."

She let Alex lead the way, deciding that maybe a fresh pair of eyes would see things she missed. Unfortunately her mind ran wild with all the questions she wanted to ask but bit back because they were...awkward. Or rude at best.

She finally settled on the lesser of the evil questions: "What do you think of your foster parents? Are they nice?"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New kid

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus