Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » New kid

Alex Jones (played by KuroSakuranbo14) Topic Starter

"A few times." Alex shrugged indifferently since he was either catcher or batter.
Sarah Johnson (played by PenGryphon2007)

"That's amazing." Any worries she had about Alex finding friends completely vanished. "You'll have to tell me when the games are--I'll come to them." Or try to, what with her recluse-ness.

"Uh, I still haven't been able to find a local team to play on yet. Do you know any around town?" Alex gave a sheepish smile, feeling a little embrassed about having to ask.

"I think there's a local team--they have tryouts every year--I think theirs is coming up soon. I'll ask around if you'd like. Um, what do you usually play as..? Like pitcher or first base?"

"Thanks and I usually play catcher and batter. It all depends really on what the coach thinks I should play."

Sarah grinned. "I'm impressed. Being a catcher looks terrifying."

Alex shrugged. "It depends on how hard the pichter throws the ball."

"Yeah, but you're also really close to the batter..." Sarah plucked a piece of grass and looked it over. "But I guess that's what the gear is for." She offered a small smile and then raised the grass to her lips, where she blew on it. A thin whistle sounded from the grass for a moment before she lowered it.

Alex remembering seeing some other catcher's get hit in the head by a bat. "Well if the batter is experinced enough then I won't need to worry about getting hit in the head by a bat."

"Ah, I see. Well, the local team is pretty experienced, I believe. So I'm sure you'll be fine." She plucked another grass stem then tossed it aside. "How long have you played baseball?"

Alex though about when he started to play baseball and shrugged. "Hard to tell, I guess since I was six or seven."

"Do you want to play professionally?" Sarah looked at him, interested. "If you like it so much, you should."

Alex shook his head. "I rather not, it takes a lot of moving form place to place and I don't want that kind of life. I like it better staying in one place instead of moving around."

"Oh." She could see why he wouldn't like that lifestyle. "You'd get to see new places," she offered, then shrugged. "But I guess the major leagues are stressful enough."

Alex nodded. "Yeah, I guess. I rather be a writer anyways, playing baseball could be just a hobbie." Alex shrugged.

Sarah grinned. "So you're going to be a recluse instead? As a writer?"

Alex shrugged. "Who knows, there are many things I could be, but yeah, I guess." He saw her grin and rolled his eyes. "Not all writers are reclus."

"Then you'll have to prove them wrong," Sarah laughed. "If you need an illustrator, though, I'd volunteer."

Alex smiled at her. "I'll keep that in mind and the best way to hide you from the rest of the world is use a fake name."

"D'oh, I should have thought of that one," Sarah said, hitting her forehead with the palm of her hand. "Duh. Fake name. So obvious and yet...not." She shook her head, smiling.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » New kid

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus