Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Sands of Time (1x1)

Chris Sanders (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

"Oh mannn, my dad is gonna kill me," Jim whined, seeing the sheared off wing flap and scrambling to pluck it off of Aaron's jacket.

Chris answered FF. "You landed--on Aaron." He laughed. "But unfortunately you also broke the wing flap. We're gonna have to start you off with a paper airplane I think. And work our way up. How long has it been since you've flown?"
Fear Flyer (played by Kyra45)

''Decades ago, I think. Give me a break. I had 29 propellers originally, and about 8 wheels. I was about a big as the jets these days. Didn't have to worry about crashing.'' It sneered. ''All I had to worry about was something and your dad threatening to cut my cores wires in half.''

Chris looked surprised. "What? My dad? He wouldn't do that..." Or would he? He knew his dad had an ornery streak that occasionally showed itself with a particularly difficult AI. Was this where his father had acquired such a...temper?

''Yes he would! He threatened me so much he even took a hammer to my core...''

Chris's eyes widened. "He did? But my dad didn't even have access to your core! He was just a mechanic, a low-tech one! At least...that's what I thought."

Jim stared at Chris. "Dude, your dad really doesn't like AIs. Is that why?"

''There are secrets that few know, and secret that I barely remember. These secrets are deadly, and spies carried them back and forth between the lines of war. Your father has secrets.''

"Well...yeah. I gathered that much. Everyone has secrets. Even CD and 54 and Clutch." Chris scratched his head. "But what does that have to do with what happened between you and my dad? Surely there were other mechanics you didn't get along with?"

''The other mechanics knew what I was capable of. It was your dad that ended up reading my papers and hating me for some reason. He hated me beyond reason, but why? I don't remember. I just know he threatened to destroy me sometimes, espically after the FF Inc. started getting cars that ha been destroyed by me back when I flew...''

"Well, my dad really likes cars," Chris said after a moment of contemplating. "I mean, his first AI vehicle was something he showed off to everyone and he has pictures of himself with it. Or used to. He keeps them tucked away now."

Chris glanced at FF. "Were you purposely destroying them? Or did you have a reason to?"

''The only car I ever destroyed on purpose was a really shiny car that was kind black in color and looked super fancy. The others were accidents.''

Chris facepalmed. "That would have been my father's AI car then. Probably a prototype give how much he bragged about it. No wonder he hated you."

''Oooh..So thaaat was his car...Must be why he still hates me.'' It said, chuckling nervously. ''I thought he'd get over it. Must be why he hides the pictures.''

Chris frowned. "Actually, now that I think about it; 54's body was very similar to the body of my dad's car... I wonder if that's why he bought her?"

Jim snorted. "Your dad bought a car because it reminded him of his first one? That's a first."

Chris shook his head. "My dad loved that car. You don't understand. And it was a prototype; I think he built it from scratch himself." It would explain at least why Bill was so adamant that Chris learn how to repair his own cars.

''Well, a few records say your dads car had it's body re-made into a differnt car that got shipped off to another factory. No one knows where it went, nor does anyone bother to say what became of it. Does Bill like 54, or does he hate her too?''

Chris snorted. "I'd say it's an ongoing love-hate relationship. He loves to hate 'em, but I think it's because he really likes them. He just wants to, you know, help them without getting hurt himself." It was a very complicated thing, but when he was much younger, Chris had seen his father working on cars and talking easily enough with AIs.

'54's true name is....'' It started to say, but then decided it shouldn't reveal the true name of the cold core AI car. ''Uuuh...Nevermind that.''

Chris perked up. As did Jim and Aaron. "54 has an actual name? Not just a number?" Of course all AIs had a name, but some changed their depending on the driver.

"Do tell, Fear Flyer."

''Her name isn't 54. It's...Agatha '54092' Ferrari.''

"Agatha...Ferrari?" Chris sniggered.

Aaron flat out laughed, and Jim seemed to do a half cough-laugh that was interrupted by a sneeze.

"Wow," Aaron said, wiping his streaming eyes. "That...I would never have guessed that. How do you know that?"

''It's a name she was given once she was created, but she hated it so much she just went by Agent 54092. I think it was the name her oringal owner gave her, but who inn the world wold call their AI 'Agatha'?'' The FF asked, frown.

54 pulled up without warning. ''It's Agent 54092!'' She sneered in her car form after overhearing them laugh, though a black smudge was on her hood. ''Not Agatha Ferarri! Stop lsughing at it!'' She hissed.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Sands of Time (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus