Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Sands of Time (1x1)

Chris Sanders (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Aaron cracked up harder. "My ferrari is named Agatha. No one's gonna believe this."

Chris shook his head, overcoming his humor. "It's a good first-name for an AI prototype. It probably stands for something: Artificial Genius Application...Theorized Hydroelectric Artifice?" He shrugged. "Probably something along those lines."

Jim giggled. "Sounds like someone had too much free time on their hands."

"Or an angry ex-wife," Aaron gasped.
''MY. NAME. IS. 54!'' 54 hissed, engine roaring in protest and nearly overloading the systems.

''Didn't you say Bill built a proto-type?'' The FF asked Chris as 54 fumes in a rage, horn honking loudly.

Chris looked at FF and then at 54, and the back to FF. "You've gotta be kidding me. My dad would not have built such a...er, unique AI. There's no way he would own up to it!"

But then, how else could he have explained why his father bought the particular car with this particular AI in it? Had he known all along? Or had it been fate and a lucky guess.
''If your father even if did build me, I'd remembered it!'' She hissed, then started to back up. ''And I don't. So hah.'' She snorted, backing away some more. ''Bill would tell us if he did so and he's not here to say so to my knowledge so you plan fails.'' As she kept backing up, engine growling.

rolled 1d4 and got 2
1. Bill is hiding. 2. Bill is secretly in 54. 3. Bill is behind Chris. 4. Bill is nowhere in sight.

There was suddenly the sound of thudding coming from the trunk of 54's car form. And then a taillight shattered as a boot came careening out through it.

Chris ran forward. "Aga--54, stop! Stop! I think there's something in your trunk!"

There was a grunt and then with a click, the trunk popped open and Bill sat up, looking slightly worse for the wear.
54 flinched badly at hearing the tailight shatter. ''Ow.'' She muttered. ''Who's in my trunk?!'' She hissed loudly. ''I thought no one followed me here!'' As she slammed on her brakes and came to an abrupt halt roughly. ''...Don't you dare call me Agatha!'' She barked.

Bill scowled as he clung to the trunk to avoid being thrown off. "That would be me, Agatha 54092 Ferrari. You need sensors in your trunk, you know that? I've been stuck in there all night."
''MY NAME IS AGENT 54092!'' She sneered, ''Not Agatha! It's not my fault you got in there. Why were you in there anyway and why did you call me Agatha?'' She hissed. ''And I don't have any sensors. This isn't my original body you fool.''

Bill jumped out of the trunk with a little help from Chris and then glared at 54. "Because, Agatha, that is your real name. 54 is something you came up with all on your own. Probably after the shard incident..." Bill winced at the memory.
''My name is 54!'' She hissed. ''If Agatha was my real name I'd remember it and I have no memory of ever being called Agatha. How would you even know anyway? All you knew was that I caught a virus. Theres no proof I'm Agatha besides the FF. And who knows why it can remember.'' She sneered. ''I've always been a shard. Like something happened and they tried to clone CD...Or something...''

Bill crossed his arms and scowled. "You don't remember it because you're just a shard of CD." And then he stopped and cleared his throat, looking suddenly unwilling to continue.

"If you'll excuse me, I'll just be going. Chris, don't stay too long." Bill looked ready to storm back to his garage. He didn't even bother to yell at Jim or acknowledge FF--though he may have flinched at the name.
''I'm not just a shard of CD! I have a mind of my own and I hate her! Your not leving until you tell me why your so unwilling to say anything else, Bill.''

Back at the garage a tow truck pulled in, carrying an AMC Pacers whos hood was warped. The tow truck driver called Chris and Bill, telling them about the Pacer they'd drug out from a ditch. The Pacers hood started to respond to any other cores close to it, but the tow truck driver didn't seem to hear it.

Bill sighed and then grabbed for his phone when it rang. "Yes? Yes, I'll be right there." He hung up and then turned to look at 54.

"You want reasons? Fine." He gathered his thoughts and then took a deep breath. "I worked many years ago for a company that shall remain nameless, where the first AI prototypes were manufactured and installed. I was just a mechanic back then and I was working on one of the newest cars that had just been imported and given an AI. However, during shipping it had incurred some damage. Hence why I was fixing it up."

"At any rate, I go to pop the hood and this massive crystal thing lobs into the air and hits the ground, shattering into two pieces. Does that answer your question?"
''.............'' 54 said, falling silent.

CD snorts. ''I'm guessing that disproves the whole theory that people seem to think 54 was supposed to be a clone when in fact she was an accident creation?'' CD inquired. ''And the reason my core has a jagged crack in it where her shard used to be. And the only reason I don't remember is that my AI was tripped in the factory and startled everyone close by and other factors such as the ocean.'' She added

54 just growls, but says nothing else.

"Something like that," Bill agreed. "So, uh, I have to get back to the garage, there's a new vehicle coming in by tow truck. Behave, you guys."

Chris was silent for a long moment. "Huh. So if that's all, why didn't he speak of it sooner?"
Cranky Doortrap (played by Kyra45)

54 just scowls and drives off quickly without a word.

''Maybe theres more to the mystery than just that. Wheres Clutch? He might meet that new car.'' CD asked as the FF snorts. ''Lets head on back, I can tell it's about to ra-''

Boom! Crackle!

Rain starts pouring down at full blast from a sudden storm.
Clutch (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Meanwhile, back in the garage, Clutch's sensor is beeping at the new AI core that's been brought in. With the rain coming down, Clutch ran his wipers for a few minutes before pulling into the garage where the new vehicle has been left behind.

"So, what are you?" Clutch asked. "A new car? A used car? Another piece of scrap metal that has to be 'recycled'?"
Keyric the car (played by Kyra45)

The new car didn't reply, it's speakers crushed in so badly that only it's core could be heard beeping lightly. It's engine rumbles weakly as it turned on slightly but shut off again from the damage. It tried rolling forward, but all four tires were flat and the rims were rusted out. Apparently an old AMC Pacer that was set to be recycled since no one had claimed it after being found in a ditch. It wasn't ignoring Clutch at all, but it's speakers weren't in working order it seemed.
Clutch (played by PenGryphon2007) Topic Starter

Well, it was just as well; Clutch hated talking to himself. He let out the AI attachment cord and let it zip up and over to attach to this new AI vehicle so he could communicate with it.

"So, what are you in for? What's your name?"
Keyric the car (played by Kyra45)

''....My name is Keyric...They sent me in here to be 'recycled'..Owner ditched me into a ditch for being old..I'm an AMC Pacer...'' Their weak feminine voice replied. ''....Where am I? I can't..Move..''

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Sands of Time (1x1)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus