Skip to main content

Forums » Looking for RP » Fantasy multipeople medieval (closed)

This Looking For RP topic is marked as closed, meaning it is no longer seeking new players.

Blackarrow (played by Scarletwolf)

May you send me the link
Angrim (played by floatch)

Alright~
He won't have armor, and I guess I'll hold off on the undead hunting until they show up? (I assume they will, seeing the "raise the dead" bit in the first post)
But, if they don't he'll be kind of a scavenger/treasure hunter type, living off of trinkets he finds in monolithic ruins -
Angrim (played by floatch)

Now does he have to be from some other timeline and wake up in this strange world, or will he have been there already?
The Blue Rifts (played by Hospex) Topic Starter

Blackarrow wrote:
May you send me the link
The link is found in the very first forumpost, none the less, here you go;

http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=29782

Morcant wrote:
Alright~
He won't have armor, and I guess I'll hold off on the undead hunting until they show up? (I assume they will, seeing the "raise the dead" bit in the first post)
But, if they don't he'll be kind of a scavenger/treasure hunter type, living off of trinkets he finds in monolithic ruins -
Morcant wrote:
Now does he have to be from some other timeline and wake up in this strange world, or will he have been there already?

The undead will be more present in the future since they are a part of the lore. But keep in mind I also leave as much freedom as possible for the players, which means you can choose to "stumble upon" undead yourself. There are few beasts that need approval before you can meet them, but I assure you, undead is not one of them :)

His "timeline" would be something similar to our real world, he would have been swallowed by a blue rift (maybe he noticed, maybe he didn't - this part does not have to be played out) and he would end up in this medieval fantasyworld.
All humans were taking by rifts at roughly the same time (at max a couple hours between the first and last) but some have been on break between spaces - basically they would not know of this stop in their time - they appear in the fantasyworld at different times.
- in short, YOU choose how long he has been in the world, is he just appearing out of the rift? Has he been lying unconcious on the ground for long? has he wandered the world but not met anything? This is up to you.

If I managed to write this so it makes sense, and it seems reasonable for you, I will add him to the list and you may participate in the RP. Please confirm this before you post in the RP forum.
Dog Du' Evard (played by Miss)

This is my official second character for the adventure:

Dog Du' Evard, the Accursed, Silver-Backed Werewolf.

Race: Silver-Backed Werewolf

Additional Abilities not in Profile;

Full Werewolf Transformation: Ability to transform into an upright-standing wolf with plenty of limb-breaking power. Comes with rear and front claws and a powerful bite. A target forced to drink the mixture of her accursed blood can be afflicted by a curse, but only one curse at a time. Curses range from the Curse of Animal/Beast Hounding, Lycanthropy, Curse of Metal Attraction, Curse of Nightmares, and many others. Curses can be removed easily by Dog in her hybrid form below. This form doesn't allow spell casting, as claws make terrible somatic components and her mouth is too full of sharp teeth for verbal components. Iron weapons forged without fire is incredibly effective against this form, but silver is wildly ineffective. This form climbs incredibly well due to large upper muscles.

Hybrid Werewolf Form: This is her normal form, the cross between something humanoid and the Beast, with lots of fur showing around her face and body. This form is easily identifiable as being partly werewolf and allows her limited spellcasting to occur. Her blood is still curse-contagious however. Iron weapons forged without fire is incredibly effective against this form, but silver is wildly ineffective.

Wolfy Beast Form: This is her "incognito" form, the body of a large white wolf with eyes that glow white, red, or pink in darkness. This form comes with a set of normal sized front and rear claws and a powerful bite. This form doesn't include the ability to cast spells., but is generally quicker due to its four-legged running. Her blood is still curse-contagious however. Iron weapons forged without fire is incredibly effective against this form, but silver is wildly ineffective.

Changes for setting to Profile;

Curse spells are transferred through drinking of her blood, except the Remove Curse spell. Hex of Chaos changed to random curse everyday and can be transferred through an exceptional amount of blood only. Level 1 spells from either divine or arcane magic can be cast 4 times a day, with level 2 spells being cast 3 times a day, and level 3 spells being cast 2 times a day. Cantrips and Orisions can be cast a limitless number of times.

Dog Du wrote:
This is my official second character for the adventure:

Dog Du' Evard, the Accursed, Silver-Backed Werewolf.

Race: Silver-Backed Werewolf

Additional Abilities not in Profile;

Full Werewolf Transformation: Ability to transform into an upright-standing wolf with plenty of limb-breaking power. Comes with rear and front claws and a powerful bite. A target forced to drink the mixture of her accursed blood can be afflicted by a curse, but only one curse at a time. Curses range from the Curse of Animal/Beast Hounding, Lycanthropy, Curse of Metal Attraction, Curse of Nightmares, and many others. Curses can be removed easily by Dog in her hybrid form below. This form doesn't allow spell casting, as claws make terrible somatic components and her mouth is too full of sharp teeth for verbal components. Iron weapons forged without fire is incredibly effective against this form, but silver is wildly ineffective. This form climbs incredibly well due to large upper muscles.

Hybrid Werewolf Form: This is her normal form, the cross between something humanoid and the Beast, with lots of fur showing around her face and body. This form is easily identifiable as being partly werewolf and allows her limited spellcasting to occur. Her blood is still curse-contagious however. Iron weapons forged without fire is incredibly effective against this form, but silver is wildly ineffective.

Wolfy Beast Form: This is her "incognito" form, the body of a large white wolf with eyes that glow white, red, or pink in darkness. This form comes with a set of normal sized front and rear claws and a powerful bite. This form doesn't include the ability to cast spells., but is generally quicker due to its four-legged running. Her blood is still curse-contagious however. Iron weapons forged without fire is incredibly effective against this form, but silver is wildly ineffective.

Changes for setting to Profile;

Curse spells are transferred through drinking of her blood, except the Remove Curse spell. Hex of Chaos changed to random curse everyday and can be transferred through an exceptional amount of blood only. Level 1 spells from either divine or arcane magic can be cast 4 times a day, with level 2 spells being cast 3 times a day, and level 3 spells being cast 2 times a day. Cantrips and Orisions can be cast a limitless number of times.

She sounds pretty good, but do have a few questions;
- on her page she seems more like a witch than a werewolf with the list of many spells. I am unsure what you intend for these spells (please clarify why a werewolf is so profound in magic, simple study?) but have a few I prefer removed, some being the decrypting of messages and detecting of potions. She may keep these specific two abilities but by normal means - after practice she is able to tell potions through scent, colour ect. - decoding of messages would also be a study (there are a few more I have minor problems with, I'll give a proper list depending on your answer (: a few like the quill with limitless ink is possible as an item crafted and enhanced by runes of sort, the spell could be changed to her "summoning" the quill rather than "creating" it or perhaps this spell needs an ordinary quill? Hopefully you see what I am getting at . . .
- I am slightly confused about the curses her blood will give the drinker, Im looking for a more specific curse, I cannot figure out if it is her werewolf form that is "cursed" or more like sickness? I am also curious as to how this works (how much blood is needed for the curses to present? Why only one curse at a time, and what decides which curse is given?)

For now I ask of you to answer these questions. Hopefully I have not overlooked something - excuse me if I have, I am slightly tired - If I have missed anything, please dont mind too much if I add additional questions.
Talayna Sky (played by BreezyDawn)

I'd love to dust off this Character and fine tune her. I am an old hand at chat based role play, haven't done one on a forum before. This looks intriguing :) Let me know! Thanks

Talayna Sky wrote:
I'd love to dust off this Character and fine tune her. I am an old hand at chat based role play, haven't done one on a forum before. This looks intriguing :) Let me know! Thanks

She is (and you are) very much welcome but there are a few things I need clarified before I can accept her into the play.
First of I need to know if you are replying as a human character or nonhuman character;
She is described as a human shapeshifter which goes against the lore. I am okay with her being a shapeshifter, but she needs a non-human form as her base form. Some shape to replace "human" but also does not break the character - her original shape. Please give this some though and if you are willing to find a shape that would fit, she is good to go.
- I like the warbackground, it fits in nicely but again, keep in mind the king in her personal lore is not human either, you do not have to find a replacement race for this, but something to keep in mind :)

Oh and also, can you give a rough description of her birdform? I read it as this is the only form she takes? So if you could give a brief description it would be appreciated.

21 Talayna Sky - XXX-shapeshifter.

Okay, so for clarification, she needs to either be only human, OR her main form has to be something other than human? The original thread said you were looking for humans?
The king mentioned in her personal lore is in fact human - her captor however was a Wizard who owes allegiance to this King.

Hawk form: see URL - yes this is the only form she can take. I can edit her base form to be hawk? She was born merely human in the history I created for her though.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cartoon+red+tailed+hawk+with+jess%27s&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS705US705&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=662&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwimxNeI7tPPAhVQ4GMKHTnuCjsQsAQIHQ#imgrc=x9RskGsGyGgJKM%3A
I'm not interested in this anymore, sorry.

She is a witch, in other adventures. She is secretly a witch with lycanthropy. But for this adventure, since
Quote:
Her race needs a different base than human - and since witches are not locked on a single race I ask you to choose one from.. imagination.
I have chosen to swap the idea around. Dog is a lycanthrope based witch. Dog's magic is innate, as her bloodline is very strongly tied to magic. It's not trained like a wizard would be and she didn't attend magic school for her magic degree.

I believe her magic is mostly trial and error, and after about 200 years of trial and error, she knows what she likes. Though she has blown up her abode at least a dozen times in the process; due to wrong hand motions, wrong words, or simple need of a new abode. If you wish to change the detection of alchemical items to scent, then that's fine. And Decrypt only helps, it doesn't fully decode anything. It most likely illuminates letters or symbols of the same and provides word examples of what word could fit in the selection. It would be the same as carrying a dictionary and a highlighter.

The quill summoning change is fine as well, though it must be summoned from somewhere. As would the ink. She could just summon all the quills and inks and hide them so that nobody could ever write with them again, which is a splendid idea.

Her blood is constantly mutating to allow her to shift from form to form, and its also tainted with magic of a chaotic nature, from a chaotic being. It's more like a sickness, that must be ingested. About a half-pint is needed to be afflicted, which would only happen if the user was tricked to drink some unknown substance, or forced to drink it through more physical acts. The blood then becomes a virus that cannot be normally removed from the body. Since Dog can only be in one form or another at a time, so too is her blood limited from manifesting one curse at a time. The largest curse choice becomes the priority of the blood vessels, and the smaller ones at the time, falter.

I decide the most fitting curse, as a writer. Mechanically, its random, whatever the magic blood forms as the strongest curse, and never repeats itself in a row. If one person is suddenly magnetized and has the curse of metal attraction, the next person doesn't receive the same curse, and so on, and so on.

Talayna Sky wrote:
Okay, so for clarification, she needs to either be only human, OR her main form has to be something other than human? The original thread said you were looking for humans?
The king mentioned in her personal lore is in fact human - her captor however was a Wizard who owes allegiance to this King.

Hawk form: see URL - yes this is the only form she can take. I can edit her base form to be hawk? She was born merely human in the history I created for her though.

https://www.google.com/search?q=cartoon+red+tailed+hawk+with+jess%27s&rlz=1C1CHBD_enUS705US705&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=662&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwimxNeI7tPPAhVQ4GMKHTnuCjsQsAQIHQ#imgrc=x9RskGsGyGgJKM%3A

You are not wrong, there is a strange lack of human females, but more important that what roles are missing I wish for players to have a character they are happy with and that fits in with the lore.

The problem with her base form being human is simply becasue they do not exist in the magical world, not naturally. If you wish for her to stay human, she can get the ring (that let her shapeshift) within the story, but the captive life which is her base would have to be changed out too as, once again, no humans in the magic world and no magic in the human world. It would change her entire background.
I am not sure if this is what you wish, so the change of her base form from human to something like an elver (ofc you get to pick this race yourself) If this change is made she can keep her backstory with only few changes (the king and his people being made a non-human race, and her born race is non-human)

Thank you for linking her hawkform :)

I ask of you to decide for either human or find a magic race to replace her human form. Once this is done she is good to go.

floatch wrote:
I'm not interested in this anymore, sorry.

That is fine, thank you for stopping by!

Dog Du wrote:
She is a witch, in other adventures. She is secretly a witch with lycanthropy. But for this adventure, since
Quote:
Her race needs a different base than human - and since witches are not locked on a single race I ask you to choose one from.. imagination.
I have chosen to swap the idea around. Dog is a lycanthrope based witch. Dog's magic is innate, as her bloodline is very strongly tied to magic. It's not trained like a wizard would be and she didn't attend magic school for her magic degree.

I believe her magic is mostly trial and error, and after about 200 years of trial and error, she knows what she likes. Though she has blown up her abode at least a dozen times in the process; due to wrong hand motions, wrong words, or simple need of a new abode. If you wish to change the detection of alchemical items to scent, then that's fine. And Decrypt only helps, it doesn't fully decode anything. It most likely illuminates letters or symbols of the same and provides word examples of what word could fit in the selection. It would be the same as carrying a dictionary and a highlighter.

The quill summoning change is fine as well, though it must be summoned from somewhere. As would the ink. She could just summon all the quills and inks and hide them so that nobody could ever write with them again, which is a splendid idea.

Her blood is constantly mutating to allow her to shift from form to form, and its also tainted with magic of a chaotic nature, from a chaotic being. It's more like a sickness, that must be ingested. About a half-pint is needed to be afflicted, which would only happen if the user was tricked to drink some unknown substance, or forced to drink it through more physical acts. The blood then becomes a virus that cannot be normally removed from the body. Since Dog can only be in one form or another at a time, so too is her blood limited from manifesting one curse at a time. The largest curse choice becomes the priority of the blood vessels, and the smaller ones at the time, falter.

I decide the most fitting curse, as a writer. Mechanically, its random, whatever the magic blood forms as the strongest curse, and never repeats itself in a row. If one person is suddenly magnetized and has the curse of metal attraction, the next person doesn't receive the same curse, and so on, and so on.

Selfstudy goes under what I was refferring to, so this I am happy with this.
The study of potions and quill is also good.

The explanation works wonders! thank you! The only thing I feel missing is a mentioned cure? I am not sure I understand this yet - is it a potion she mixes?

I promised a more detailed list of spells depending on your answer; I have a few more I wish clarified if you would be so kind;
- Awaken; wake up on living creature - I am unsure what you mean by "on", I assumed it was a kind of typo?
- Summon minion 1(+the other numbers); Will this be like a slave or more like teleporting a "random" monster to her side? I prefer this not being humanoids.
- Mount; Similar to summon minion 1, any horse or like a teleportation of her own horse from whereever it previously was. (preferable the latter)
- Seek thoughts - Generally mindreading is problematic, It would either need a heavy penalty or removal.

There are a few spells revolving around necromancing. Just a thing to keep in mind that this is not looked well upon by the common beings.

You seem aware of balancing so I will not ask for details on all spells. If you will answer these I think we are pretty much ready for accepting :)

Experimenting is a more primal word, but self-study sounds pleasant enough. I believe the cure would be a potion that is her blood, but reversed, and that it seeks to destroy curses in the creature ingesting it instead of creating them.

Awaken is a typo, yes.

Summon minions are creature based npcs, usually ratfolk or kobolds. Sometimes, with higher level spells, different creatures like nagaji or strix or even kitsunes. But no humans.

Mount can summon the same horse over and over again. That’s fine.

Seek thoughts only detects thoughts. Like how a creature with ears seeks sounds or some vampires hear heartbeats. It doesn’t allow her to read minds or probe them for information, but it is most likely a stronger form of detection than scent or sight or listening. This obviously has no effect on mindless critters such as automatons, slimes, unintelligent undead. It does have a range maximum of 100 feet with Dog as the center of the circle of effect.

I believe that’s absolutely fine with Dog. She has a very low reputation between beasts of her realm; they call her accursed not because she is well liked. I wouldn’t believe tricking others to become cursed, kicked down pits, need her help and not receive it, leave their dwelling for any amount of time and having the place "mysteriously" ransacked, is looked well upon either.

I am always aware and if you need any other questions answered, I will answer gladly answer them.

Dog Du wrote:
Experimenting is a more primal word, but self-study sounds pleasant enough. I believe the cure would be a potion that is her blood, but reversed, and that it seeks to destroy curses in the creature ingesting it instead of creating them.

Awaken is a typo, yes.

Summon minions are creature based npcs, usually ratfolk or kobolds. Sometimes, with higher level spells, different creatures like nagaji or strix or even kitsunes. But no humans.

Mount can summon the same horse over and over again. That’s fine.

Seek thoughts only detects thoughts. Like how a creature with ears seeks sounds or some vampires hear heartbeats. It doesn’t allow her to read minds or probe them for information, but it is most likely a stronger form of detection than scent or sight or listening. This obviously has no effect on mindless critters such as automatons, slimes, unintelligent undead. It does have a range maximum of 100 feet with Dog as the center of the circle of effect.

I believe that’s absolutely fine with Dog. She has a very low reputation between beasts of her realm; they call her accursed not because she is well liked. I wouldn’t believe tricking others to become cursed, kicked down pits, need her help and not receive it, leave their dwelling for any amount of time and having the place "mysteriously" ransacked, is looked well upon either.

I am always aware and if you need any other questions answered, I will answer gladly answer them.

I struggle with the summons, other than that it seems fine. My criteria for the summon would be that the creature is in a kind of "bind" it has agreed to being used like this - maybe tricked into this by asking a favor and being sold a favor for a favor. If this is acceptable I will add her to the list and she is free to join as well.

The Blue Rifts wrote:
Talayna Sky wrote:

You are not wrong, there is a strange lack of human females, but more important that what roles are missing I wish for players to have a character they are happy with and that fits in with the lore.

The problem with her base form being human is simply becasue they do not exist in the magical world, not naturally. If you wish for her to stay human, she can get the ring (that let her shapeshift) within the story, but the captive life which is her base would have to be changed out too as, once again, no humans in the magic world and no magic in the human world. It would change her entire background.
I am not sure if this is what you wish, so the change of her base form from human to something like an elver (ofc you get to pick this race yourself) If this change is made she can keep her backstory with only few changes (the king and his people being made a non-human race, and her born race is non-human)

Thank you for linking her hawkform :)

I ask of you to decide for either human or find a magic race to replace her human form. Once this is done she is good to go.

Got it ! An elf is a good idea, thank you. I will make the change.

Okay, I've made some changes to her history, check it out. Let me know if this works :) Thanks

Tricking people into eternal servitude does sound like fun. They may have agreed to it, but the time limit may have been smudged, or some information reorganized to Dog's favor. She cannot summon any creature more powerful than she is though, wouldn't be much of a minion then.

You are on: Forums » Looking for RP » Fantasy multipeople medieval (closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus