Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Simon looked from one dwarf to another. They don't know what humanity is eh? Well let's hope I can explain us. "humans are like tall dwarves. Like me. We are less physically strong so rely more on technology to survive. I was transported to this world by a portal which dumped me nearby."
After giving her alias and passing the minimal security check, Nichole turned her attention away from the guards and continued forward. Her head turned, her eyes made contact with Baron's as he spoke his suggestion. Seems they both had the same agenda. It was her first night here in this 'new world' after all, and they walk quite a ways to get here. A rest definitely sounded like a good idea. Nina nodded "Yes, that sounds ideal. I'm sure the search can wait. I'm probably dehydrated as well. My canteen needs filling.." she said softly, her feet still carrying her forward, but at a fair pace so Baron kept his lead. She knew nothing of this city.."Lead the way."
Baron Sombreplume (played by Ignie)

At least, he has the advantage of knowing the city, knowing where to go, and what to do and no do so the girl would not get killed.

He walked among the people with ease, looked like the crowd was spreading for him. He was just careful that no one had the idea of hurting Nina. As expectd, some curious souls were looking at this masked girl with curiosity, but he didn't feel any animosity toward them. And that was a good thing.

After a small walk compared to earlier, he stopped in front of a builiding with a sign saying «INN» on it.

"We are arrived Darling. Here, you can rest and eat as long as you pay.»
The Blue Rifts (played by Hospex) Topic Starter

The blackhaired dwarf flailed around with the axe in an attempt to stop Simon's words which to him was nothing but ramble. "I don't care, boy! Tell 'us why ye're here!" The redhaired nodded in agreement. "What is it ye want, boy" he asked, leaning against his axe resting on the ground. The brownhaired dwarf lowered his eyes from the skies and pushed the redhaired in the back. "I hate 'te interupt, but we can't stay out all night" He looked between the other three were the two other dwarves now seemed in deep thought. They all seeming less interested in Simon's current intention and more of what to do now that he had showed up.

"Oi kid, run along now, we can't waste more time out 'ere. Darkness falls...-" the blackhaired said before being interrupted by the redhaired. "He ain't gonna survive out 'ere in the night!" The brownhaired sighed over the two before stepping forward, splitting the two knockleheads apart. "Boy, Simon was it? You ain't got any funny ideas now do ya? You can come along and stay with us for the night. Beasts roam at night, better to stay inside" The other two seemed furious about the brownhaired's idea but they did also know it was better to get back before it got too dark.
Delastarh Nagahoshi (played by AkuaNoMizu)

Crack!

Delastarh opened his eyes. He stayed still for a moment, wondering if he imagined a sound or not. He lifted himself with his elbow, and looked at Maxwell. First, to be sure he wasn't the one moving around, and second, to ask him with a look if he heard that too.

Another sound was heard. This time, more high up in the trees, and a bit more to their left. Something was climbing around the trees around them, ruffling leaves and crushing branches.

"I think there's something watching us," he said, shaking Metaralis' shoulder. "Wake up. We are not alone, anymore."

The shorter man groaned, slowly opening his eyes. He had barely heard what the other told him. "Stop. 'm sleepin'..."

Pulling him in a sitting position, De said: "No, wake up. Come on."
Maxwell Rockfield (played by Ignie)

Maxwell hadn't moved from an inch since they fell asleep. When the bigger man woke up, he simply nodded, answering he heard something too.

Telling from where the noises comes from, thoses weren't humans. Perhaps a wild beast? This wasn't good. He had his gun, but were creatures here even sensible to bullets? That left his hand-made spear. Great.

He sighed as the shorter man didn't wanted to wake up.

"Of course!" He said as he stood up, spear in hand, "Stay asleep while we are fighting for our lives!"

The man looked at the trees, and he saw... something that didn't pleased him. A leg... hairy, long and thin leg... but no, it can't be... this was way too big to be that!

It started to crawl down the tree, revealing its eight legs, numerous eyes, and strong mandibles. A spider. But not a normal spider, that one was over 100 times the size of a normal arachnoid.

"A spider?!" De almost yelled.

He stepped away from the spider's location, pulling a barely aware Metaralis with him.

"Calm down," Meta said. "It's just a bug..."

"IT'S A GIANT, MONSTROUS SPIDER!!" the taller man screamed.

Meta looked up and saw it. "Oh. Sucks for your phobia."

Maxwell let a yelp out of his mouth when the spider got out of the trees. it was ENORMOUS. He never saw something like that before, and he was now convinced that he wasn't on Earth anymore.

He turned around quickly, looking at Metaralis, then Delastarh with big, round eyes.

"What the HECK?! A phobia? Goddamnit!" He screamed as he tried to attack the spider with his spear.

"If your friend isn't going to help me, at least, do something, Short man! I'm not going to take care of... of THIS alone!" He said as he approched the creature.

This was risky. He didn't know if those spiders were poisonous, or if they bit them, will they die? he need to be very cautious.

He took a deep breath and jumped on the spider's back, trying to hit it with his weapon.

"For God's sake!" he screamed once again, "Help. ME!!"

"I'm on it!" Metaralis yelled at Maxwell, grabbing a piece of burning wood from the campfire.

He ran toward the giant spider and struck it with his improvised weapon. The monster screeched, trying to get the man off his back, and avoiding the fire waved at it. It launched forward, trying to grab Metaralis with its mandibles. But before it could reach him, a log was thrown right into its face.

"That's why I hate those creepy things!" De said, grabbing another log. "Always trying to bite you!"

The spider avoided the next throw. It stepped back, shaking itself violently to try to get Maxwell off again.

Maxwell planted his spear on the spider's back, trying not to get ejected.

"Can't you friend just HELP US?!" He said angrily. "Have some courage, tall man! Kill this thing!"

A bullet in the head would have been the best thing to do, but for now, they weren't in any danger, and this would watse one precious ammo. At least, they should try to kill it with what they have, and see what happens.

"Kill it?! With what, my bare hands?!" De yelled. "You are the one with the weapons! Just use them!"

The spider screeched again when Meta struck it with the flaming stick. Some of its eyes burned off, it began to frantically struggle against them, trying to bite whatever it could. It couldn't flee with Maxwell's weight on its back.

Meta backed away from it to not get grabbed. He looked at the spot he hit a moment ago, seeing the exoskeleton seemed to be weakened by the burning.

"Stab the burned area, now!" the short man said.

No need to say it twice, Maxwell stuck his feet on the spider's body and began to stab the area with his weapon.

He stabbed multiples times with only one thought in mind.

Kill Kill Kill.

Even when the creature stopped moving, he continued to stab. He wanted it dead for once and for all. While doing so, a strange substance went out of the creature and splashed around the ground and on Maxwell. After a while, he finally stopped and stayed on the spider's back, breathing heavily.

"Hand me something so i can clean myself." He said to both men like what he just did was something normal. "I dislike being dirty."

The two other men stayed silent for a moment, like in shock.

Recollecting himself, Delastarh started to rummage through his pockets. "I think I have a few paper tissue in here." He pulled out a packet of Kleenex and gave it to Maxwell. "I don't have better, sorry."

While they were distracted, Metaralis was looking at the dead spider. He stared at it until... it disappeared! Or rather, something grabbed it from the shadow and pulled it in the darkness. Sounds of snapping bones and tore meat could be heard for a brief moment.

"Guys!" Metaralis screamed.

He barely had time to take a step back that something jumped at him. Luckily, the short man was quick and avoided the thing. The thing being another giant spider. But this one was even more... abnormal. A black 'cartilage' was covering part of it. It was still munching on the previous spider, black goo leaking out of its mandible. But the most horrific thing was the weirdly misplaced scorpion-like claw sprouting from its left side that was still holding half of the dead spider.

This atrocious monster took everybody off guard.

Max looked at the creature, still in shock.

What the heck was that thing?!

It looked like something that went directly fro mm the most horrible nightmare a man could ever do.

A quick glance at Delastarh and Maxwell sighed. He was petrified. Let's just hope his phobia wasn't strong enough, so he could fight too.

"Wake up, Delastarh!" He screamed, " And FIGHT."

Maxwell took his spear and approched the new opponent. This one will not be easy.
Nina followed Baron throughout the town with few words shared between them. That was, until they arrived in front of an Inn the demon found suitable for their needs. Oh finally, someplace where she could rest...Wait. She was missing something here. Turning her attention away from the building, she gave it to Baron and broke her silence "What of money? I haven't any. Well, none I can presume usable here, I mean.." she admits, holding no shame in it. After all, she was the outsider here.

Looking back to the building, she let forth a soft sigh. She had never been in this situation before. Her parents always encouraged her growth as a young lady and she already had a well paying job while she was going to school. So this is what it was like to be on your own with...well, nothing really. Nevertheless, that could be remedied, but for now, she had to rely on 'others' to get by.
Baron Sombreplume (played by Ignie)

Baron sighed at the girl's realisation.

"I should have known that. You're not from here and i don't know how it works where you come from, but here, if you don't have any money, you have nothing."

Sleeping outside at this hour would be a suicide. They needed a bed at least far this night

"Fine, let me talk to the barman of the inn, i'm sure we might find an arrangment. I know him for a while, i'm sure he will be glad to let us sleep for free." He smiled.

The monstrous creature dropped the remains of the other spider. It wasn't interested in that meal now that it found a better one. It crawled toward Metaralis, hissing menacingly.

The short man took another step back, trying to reach the fire to get another stick without provoking the giant arachnoid. The more he stared in the spider's eyes, the more he felt like they were empty of life for some reason. Was it because of the strange black cartilage on it?

De stayed silent and still as if doing anything would make that monster attack his friend. He didn't even answer Maxwell when he yelled at him.

He never liked bugs. They were creepy and disgusting. But he could still crush one if he had to. But against a giant one, and without any weapon, he felt helpless. What was he supposed to do?! And this one was even more terrifying! It wasn't normal! Even for a giant bug!

"For god's sake, Delastarh! DELASTARH!" Maxwell screamed without any answer from the taller man.

He sighed, looked like he was lost and too scared to do anything. So it was his duty to take care of this creature. But it looked like this will not be as simple as the other one.

Taking his spear out of his last victim's body, and went behind de creature and tried to stab its back. Given by the sound it made, this didn't do any damages, the front was probably weakier, if he could climb on its back, or attack it.

"Hey, at least, attack someone that has more meat in him!" He yelled to the creature, hoping she would turn back and face him.

The monster slightly turned around to look at the man behind it. Taking the opportunity, Metaralis sprinted toward the campfire. But the spider turned back to him and a black tentacle shot out of the black portion of its body, grabbing the short man by a foot and making him fall on the ground, slowly pulling him back.

"Meta!" De screamed, finally moving again and running to him.

This time, the spider shot a ball of spider web to Delastarh. The sticky strings landed at his feet, also tripping him. He was stuck in the spider web, the material too sticky to get free easily.

"Meta, no!" he yelled, trying to reach him with one hand.

"Damnit!" Maxwell yelled, "Why do i have to do everything here?!"

The black haired man tried once again to hit the creature with his spear, but the strange claw just snapped his weapon in two like it was nothing.

Before he could react or do anything, the claw hit him in the face, and his head knocked a tree behind him. He fell down on the ground, his head hurting and turning. Maxwell felt.blood coming out of his injury. He tried to stood up, but stayed on the ground, the spider still pulling Metaralis back to.him

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus