Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Maxwell Rockfield (played by Ignie)

Maxwell finally managed to burst into the room, panting and tired. He looked at the fow girl and frowned.

"Can't you... just slow down... sometimes..." He panted.

The black-haired man raised her head and meet the doctor's eyes and his look became more confused than it was in the town.

"What the heck?!" He reflexively said, his mouth opening and closing. He closed his eyes and shook his head, this was now usual in Earth to have a woman as a doctor, but less usual for her to have wings. He looked at her, looking really tired of all of this.

"Whatever... i'm with them." He simply said, walking into the room without asking permission. He went to a wall and rested against a wall, far from Metaralis and a potential attack if he was to become dangerous.

"If he is condemned, i'm not gonna say i did not warn you." He mumbled more to himself than to Delastarh.
Baron Sombreplume (played by Ignie)

"Fine, fine." Sombreplume answered, both to Nina's words and propably to his steaming meat's arrival. He thanked Nazga warmly and said he was sure tomorrow would be one of the best day he ever had.

This won't be something hard to do, Nazga's wish was one of the easiest one to grant. Givinga simple aura to a place was for Sombreplume a child's play. The longer thing was to put this aura in place in the first time. This wasn't difficult but man, how long it was, choosing the right way to attract customers without it to look suspect. This would have to be a aura that no one ever suspected to be of a magic way, and he must say that he was proud of this one.

Of course that meant a 24h service, making Nazga and his employeers crazy sometimes. But this wasn't his problem right now. He wanted an aura, he had one. The rest isn't his fault. At least directly.

"Bon appetit." He said to Nina, beginning to eat the tender spider's abdomen. It was freshly killed from this morning, given to the taste. Delicious, as usual.
Niya (played by Nikiradia)

Niya followed in behind Dela, floating past the doctor and into the room. She remained in place, suspended for another moment until Maxwell finally joined them. The vixen then slowly lowered to the ground, sitting flat on her bum on the floor. Her head raised and slightly cocked, her eyes settling on Max when he spoke down to her, clearly out of breath. The girl blushed lightly, flattening her ears against her hair "S-Sorries...He. Said. Go fast." she explained, feeling a little bad for making him nearly have a heart attack trying to follow behind.

Looking back to Del and Meta, the girl remained out of the way for now and allowed the doctor to do what she needed to help the ill man...She was merely here for....fluffy support? Yeah. That's it.
Delastarh Nagahoshi (played by AkuaNoMizu)

The doctor was surprised when Maxwell barged in, but let him join the others. She went to fetch some materials and came back. Delastarh gave her space to inspect Metaralis, sitting at the end of the bed instead.

"Those marks", she said.

She hovered a hand over the blackness on Metaralis' face, a soft light emanating from her palm. The short man visibly felt pain at the action. She stopped, and looked at Delastarh worriedly.

"I fear he is infected by a creature we call 'Voidler'. These creatures started to appear, a while ago. They attack any living being, parasitising their body and controlling them. It kills the host and uses their body as a puppet."

Delastarh could feel his heart sinking. "So... He's going to die? We can't do anything about it?"

"Normally, no," she said. "But normally he would already be dead and the Voidler would have attacked you. But this man is still fighting, he's still alive." She frowned. "What is he? I've never seen beings like you three. You look like a lot of things, but like none of them at the same time."

"We are humans," De said like it was obvious.

"I've never heard of a species called 'humans'", she answered.

"What?" the tall man exclaimed with a frown.

"Of course." Maxwell answered "This was becoming more and more obvious that we are the «strange» creatures here. I was no one looking like us in the town. We are alone."

The sentence kind of frightened him. Yes they were totally alone. Into a unknown world, where they were tje strangers. This world didn't seem to be avdanced though. They probably doesn't sell guns here. Even less ammos. He groaned. He was an expert in gun but even if he knew how to fight, he prefered his gun and bullets, more effective.

"Is this... Voidler going to attack us when the other will wake up? I don't want to die here, you know." He asked the doctor

"Yes, I got the fact that we weren't really in our world!" De said, a little annoyed. "But I never thought that humans DIDN'T EXIST here! Most of the people we saw in this town are like, half humans!" He pointed at Niya. "She's a human fox." Then at the doctor. "And she's probably a fairy, which are humans with wings and stuff!"

There was a little moment of silence until Max spoke again, asking his question. The doctor stood up, thinking for a moment.

"I am not sure," she finally said. "From what I gather, you don't come from our world. As weird as it sounds, it may explain why your friend is still alive. Maybe the beings from our world and the beings from your world are made differently. And that prevents the Voidler from taking him over. But I can't assure you that he will survive. The Voidler may find a way to take the control of his body, or he may simply die from the pain. As for now, I will keep an eye on him and try to ease the pain. In a few days, we'll know what will happen."

She looked at Niya. "Thank you for bringing them here. The forest is dangerous at night, Voidlers or not." She then looked in Maxwell's and De's direction. "As for you, there's an inn, not too far away. You can go there and rest for a while. Tell Nazga, the owner, that Sarydel is sending you. He will give you a room and a meal."

Delastarh looked up, his eyes tired and sad. "Actually... Can I stay with him? I don't need a bed, I can just sit in a corner. I just... don't want to leave him."

Sarydel nodded slowly. "If you wish. I will bring you tea, you seem like you need something to relax too."

With that, the fairy left the room, the low reassuring light from her wings leaving with her.

Niya looked back and forth from each person that spoke and to Meta as he laid in bed, trying to find some comfort. The girl felt so bad...Also, she never really thought on just how different these men were than the majority of people around here. As for herself being described as a fox human, she wasn't even sure what a 'fox' was nor what a human was for that matter and she didn't know how she felt about it. She could only wiggle her ears and cant her head in confusion. "What. Humans. Do?" she asked, more than a little curious about them now that it all crossed her mind. Her head turned to look more at Maxwell, lifting herself up just enough to crawl closer and rest her back against the wall, pulling her five lengthy tails into her lap. Thus, she'd be out of anyone's way. Hearing the healer speak her way, her attention was once again tossed. This time, to her, giving her a little nod "Welcomes~" she said with a soft smile.
The Blue Rifts (played by Hospex) Topic Starter

"Bwahahahahaha" Tol's laugh sounded extremely loud in the otherwise quiet night. "Where'd ya hear fairytales like that?" He shook his head, with a visible grin behind the beard. "No underground wars. There be enough surfacewars for those seeking blood. We do have quarrels with beasts if that is whatcha mean. Most dwarves nowadays live in smaller groups and stick to themselves. Many don't even live underground" He went silent for a moment, unsure how much to reveal to a stranger. Upon deciding not to say any more he continued; ".. - We three are from a bit away, too far to travel tonigh, we rest at the city instead, it is not far from this 'ere forest, and the tavern has good ale" He smiled at Simon. Raan and Biror seemed not pleased with the conversation behind them, but for once, they did not complain, instead keeping their eyes on the darknes between the trees. Somewhere of in the distance, something heavy was walking over the ground, it seemed to walk in the same direction as the four man group.

Maxwell rolled his eyes and groaned.

"Fine, stay with him. I will go to this Inn, and lend rooms for us. And eat something. When you'll be hungry, come and order your food yourself." With those words, Maxwell came out of the room, and got in the street.

He didn't cared if people looked at him strangley. He just wanted to eat something, and sleep in a real bed.

He turned his head and was immediatly attracted to a small building, all lights on, and that seemed to have a festive ambiance. He supposed this was the "Inn" Sarydel talked about. Without any hesitation, he entered.

When he entered the Inn, some people looked at him. Snake-man, Dwarves, Elves... Not any humans. but for now, those people weren't his problem for now. He walked to the bar, and called one of the creatures.

"Excuse me... I'm looking for..." He tried to remember the name the doctor gave him. "Nazga? Yes, Nazga. Hum... Sarydel is sending me here. I and... my companions need to eat something and have a room."

The naga looked at Maxwell up to down and frowned.

"Ssarydel rreally did that?" Nazga asked, and sighed, "Fine, fine, if she told you thiss, then i can't complain. Find a table, and wait until we cook something."

Maxwell nodded and looked around. He was tired, and he didn't want any more problems.

The small vixen watched Maxwell stand, her eyes blinking in confusion. Why was he so eager to get out of here when they just got here? Didn't he want more time to rest? Guess food was a good motivator, it was enough to drive her sometimes. Though, she decided to let him go, she'd rather stay here to be sure Dela was going to be alright being alone with Meta in case something were to happen. Besides, she wanted to know more about them and in her eyes, Dela had plenty of time to chit chat with her. So, with that in mind, she crawled her way back over to the bedside to sit next to him. Her head barely came over the edge of the bed from where she sat herself, so she rested her chin right on it and lightly hummed to herself. She didn't seem to mind that her question had yet to be answered, but she figured Dela wanted a bit of time to collect himself until he was ready to freely talk...
Nazga's eyes followed the strange man as he made his way into the tavern area, his mind tossing up many questions, but none drove him to say anything. It was his guess that he might be the same as the girl that entered not long ago, but he couldn't tell. Her mask and all..but again, none of his business. The naga slithered his way back into the kitchen with the same assumption he had previously and started prepping another plate of taurus roast and potatoes. Tonight was sure...interesting, to say the least.

At the table, Nichole went about eating with her mask partially canted 'just' enough to uncover her mouth, actually enjoying...whatever the meat was. She wasn't sure if she wanted anyone to tell her, she didn't need to see it on the floor..It was counter-intuitive to her need for a full stomach. Just before getting halfway through the roast, her eyes caught glimpse of someone new walking into the tavern. Having her fork in her mouth, she slowly slipped it out from between her lips "Hmm?.." she blinked, then soon smirking at the realization "You see?" She tried to catch Baron's attention, then redirect it behind him "I told you they'd find their own way here..One of them, at least." she informed, sounding only slightly snarky before she returned to her meal. She had no real intention to get up and speak to the man. Nina merely waited for them to take notice. After all, she had let her hood down while she ate. Her mask didn't cover her ears and they had no visible point to them and the rest of her form appeared to be very much that of a human female. Although she was rather short for her age..
Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Simon stood and digested the information slowly, looking almost disappointed at the news of a lack of underground wars and a scattering of the dwarves. It was clearly not the news he had been hoping to hear. As such he would lapse into silence, pondering deeply on how to reunite the dwarven race. He had read so many books on them, looked up to them almost, in a figurative sense. To find they were not like how he imagined: A strong and unified warrior race disheartened him. Though the fact the three still took a liking to ale cheered him up slightly, at least they could still drink!

"I would love to partake in a bit of drinking with you three." He nodded vigorously. "After that may I show you three, some ... tricks which might help my case to staying with you after this night is over?" He asked hopefully.

Delastarh was staring sadly at Metaralis from his position at the end of the bed. He felt so powerless in helping his friend. His breath was still heavy, and sweat was covering his entire face. He grabbed slowly one of his hand.

"Just hold on, alright? I know you can. You are too stubborn to give up," he said softly. He looked down with teary eyes. "Don't go. Please."

Sarydel came back with a cup of tea and more supplies. She gave the cup to Delastarh who thanked her.

"I will put bandages imbibed with a mixture that will ease the pain," she said. "It should help him rest and regain his strength."

Putting the cup beside, Delastarh slipped closer. "Let me help you."

The tall man pulled Metaralis up slowly, taking off his pullover and his t-shirt. He grimaced at the sight. The black mark was spreading on his neck, and going down his right shoulder and torso. But the worst was the back; it was almost completely covered in black.

"Is it bad?" he asked, worried.

"It's normal for this infection, but he is still holding on," Sarydel answered, putting the bandages over the black skin.

After some work, all the bandages were in place and they put Metaralis back down. Sarydel left again, going back to her work for now.

Delastarh grabbed his cup of tea again and sipped it. Lost in thoughts, he didn't realize immediately that Niya was right beside him. He looked at her, a bit surprised that she was still there.

He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Thanks for helping us. And sorry for... freaking out at you back there."

Maxwell's head was hurting a lot. He has been throught a lot today, and he had trouble to think normally. With the spiders this «Voidler», the fact that Delastarh was convinced his friend wasn't condemned, it was driving him crazy. And with all of that, he still haven't found Ezekiel. He hoped she was okay.

He raised his head and looked around, really tired. After the meal he would have one of the biggest sleep he ever had, him who never slept.

His eyes spotted the table where Nina and Sombreplume were sitting. He felt deep down that the man was from here. He had that aura... but the girl was different. She looked... like him. However he wasn't sure with the mask. But if he was right, then he won't be alone here at least.

He got up and walked to the table. When he arrived, he saw the man's smirk, just as if hz knew Maxwell would arrive here. Trying to ignore the man, he looked at Nina and tried to look as presentable as possible, with his dirty shirt, his messy hair, his eye patch and his wound on the head.

"Excuse me... But are you..." he seemed to hesitate to continue his sentence. He sighed. "...Human?"
The Blue Rifts (played by Hospex) Topic Starter

Tol smiled at the boy "There will be plenty of time for us to talk once we're at the tavern" He nodded while talking "How old are ya, Simon?" He asked just before Biror raised a hand for the group to stop. Tol's eyes shifted to the two in front who were both looking to the right where the steps were heard from somthing walking, now just barely out of vision.
"What is it?" Tol asked, now also listening to the sound of hooves on the ground. Not even two seconds later a huge animal stepped out of the darkness. The animal briefly stopped and raised its fine head to look at the group, the antlers forming a crown upon its head. Upon closer inspection the beast has thick, long and dark fur over wide, slightly hunched shoulders. Small horns were visible beneath the antlers. The beast casually looked at the group for a few seconds then decided to continue forward, crossing the path they were walking. None of the dwarves had moved while the animal was looking at them, all waiting its reaction. Tol had raised a hand and placed it in front of Simon to keep the boy from walking and signing him to not speak. He now lowered his hand and looked at the other two as Raan slightly confused looked after the animals long tail.
"What is a Bisonelk doing in the forest?" Raan asked. Biror said nothing, simply looked at the spot where the animal had disappeared. Tol returned his attention to Simon with a smile, more curious about the boys rection to the big elk, than why it was in the forest in the first place.
Blackarrow (played by Scarletwolf)

Blackarrow got out of her tent and pulled her jacket on and her hoodie over her face she was very new to this place she didn't know if there were any humans like her. "Are there any humans out there" she yelled
Still eating quietly with Baron, the girl caught glimpse of the other moving over to their table. She could only smirk, practically riding the good feeling that came with being 'right'. Even without the demon's aide in attracting more customers for Nazga, she was certain this one would have showed up regardless..She took another bite just before he stopped and asked her the blatant question. She took her time, finishing what was in her mouth just enough for her to speak clearly before answering.."I don't know. What do your eyes tell you? I'm sure this place has already shown you some strange things..How can one be so sure?" she said with a soft chuckle, not even giving him a glance. She took another bite, then adjusted her mask to once more conceil her lips before setting her fork down on her plate.

Nina then turned her head, bringing him into complete view. The girl couldn't help but hold onto her smirk as she went on.."A few seem to think my weapon is...odd..I've gotten more than a few looks. Yes, I am human and I'm sure your story is similar to mine. You finding your way here made things much simpler for us..but you arrived with others, where are they?" she asked, moving on from her light ruse and to other matters now that her stomach was (more or less) sated. Her hands moved off of the table and into her lap, awaiting to hear the man's response.

Niya watched Meta, how his chest rose and fell. It was a little labored, but nothing that would get anyone too worried. She had the feeling he would get through this okay. From what she could see, Dela was taking this harder. It was apparent that he really cared for his friend..She couldn't say she's ever had that, but she has given her care in bounds to even the less significant lifeforms. After all, nothing should die without purpose, in vain.

Hearing Del speak, her ears shifted slightly in his direction, her eyes soon to follow. She peered at him in the corner of her periphery "Nnnaa? Oh...Welcomes. Niya. Help." she answered, her tails lightly flickering behind her as she gave a cute smile. She was always happy to help whenever she could. But, what were they to do now? Just stay and watch Meta all night? Guess she could just return to the forest and leave them be, but...part of her didn't want to..

"Niya is your name?" Delastarh asked, realizing they hadn't introduced themselves with all that. "I'm Delastarh, and his name is Metaralis."

He looked at his friend. His breath seemed to be less painful and a bit more relaxed. The fever was still there, but the treatment was effective.

"You... don't have to stay here, you know," he added. "You can go join Maxwell or go back to your home. I'll keep an eye on him. He'll probably be very thirsty when he wakes up, and I don't want him to try to get up on his own." He looked around the small room they were in. "Good thing we aren't in a real hospital. He would freak out. He hates hospitals. And doctors. Hope he won't be scared of Sarydel, either."

The tall man was babbling at this point. Trying to reassure himself on the fact that Metaralis was still not saved by talking like he was gonna wake up for sure in a few hours.

Maxwell winced and sighed.

"Listen i don't have time for riddles. I'm tired, i got hit in the head, i don't know where my friend is, i had to battle against two spiders and kill them, wasting a lot of ammos. And i had to deal with an infected. Plus the mask doesn't make you more human!" He said harder than expected.

He closed his eyes and tried to chill. He couldn't just argue with every single human he met, expecially in a world where there is no human. This wasn't reasonnable.

"I'm sorry if i may seem harsh." He said, giving an obvious fake smile. "I just has been... through a lot today. And all of this is getting on every single one of my nerves. I'm just relieved to see someone like me, you see?"

He glanced over the other «man». Obviously he had something that wasn't human in him.

"And yes. I have arrived with two others human. One of them is infected and at the doctor with his friend. I came here because i need a rest and a meal." While saying so, he sat with them, not asking for permission, but who cared.

"I suppose... you haven't seen my friend if you're alone." He sighed. "A ginger girl... Ezekiel."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus