Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Baron Sombreplume (played by Ignie)

" "Sir Baron"?" Sombreplume laughed, "No one ever called me like that, and trust me, i'm old enough to have been called by a lot of differents names. Even if this was used sarcastically, i feel flaterred. But don't embarass yourself with this "Sir" stuff, Baron Sombreplume, or just Sombreplume would be fine, Nina, if it's your real name of course." He smirked, "You don't trust me, that's fair. You're more clever than any creature i met in my long existence."

He continued walking next to Nina, ignoring her attempt to get rid of his presence.

"I'm just warning you. One person that looked like you, he was attacked by Dwarves." That was a lie of course, he didn't know what hapenned to the boy. He just knew that the dwarves were curious by this new person, just like he was. But sometimes, a small lie won't hurt.

"And i am worried the same might happen to you, darling. Even with this weapon, you won't last long." He said in a worried tone, "You seem so young. It would be a shame. More, when we'll be in town, i could mead you to another group. They are in the forest, and one of them have a gun. Or we could rescue the poor boy with his dwarves issues. I know where they are."
Maxwell Rockfield (played by Ignie)

When the shorter man suddently closed his eyes, Maxwell looked at him, truly confused. How could he sleep, when he was convinced the man in front of him was able to kill him? This duo was definitely strange. He looked at Delastarh, and sighed.

"Last time i loaded my gun, i received a stone. And, strangely enough, i don't want it to happen once again. One time is enough for my poor head." He said, touching his head, when the stone hit him.

"Contrary to your friend here," he continued, were they even friends? They looked more than that for him, but once again, this wasn't his problem. "I don't have a heavy sleep, nor a light one. I just don't sleep a lot. I'm used to just taking small naps from time to time. I'll stay awake this night. I have no reason to kill you. You have nothing to loot. I even have a weapon. Killing both of you would be just... stupid." He shrugged.

"So sleep, Mr.Nagahoshi, i'll look over us."
Delastarh Nagahoshi (played by AkuaNoMizu)

((Well, since my two characters are sleeping, I can't really post anything interesting. So I will wait for the day to arrive or something to happen to our group to post again.))
Frog Du' Evard (played by Miss)

Frog shared in Nina’s sight, giving the Baron her attention. But to stay hidden from even him was preferred. Resting the presence of her hands on to Nina’s shoulders, “You don’t have to trust him. I know you know this. But if he is to betray you, then he will. If he is not, then he will not.” Withdrawing her presence, Frog remained quiet for some time. And then it could be felt along the back of Nina’s wrist, “If you decide to test this being’s words, then it would be best to follow them to a larger outcome. If others are around you, the chance of you being attacked decreases.” Frog’s voice was very manner-of-fact.
Nichole fell silent for a moment as she walked, her eyes cast down to the sand in front of her as she took in the words both in the air and in her head. It took her a moment, but she eventually came to a decision for she was certain this man would not rest until she gave him one. Her head lifted then to the sky "Forgive me, 'Baron' for I am young and foolish.." she says, chuckling softly behind the mask before turning her attention back to him. "Little bearded men...or others brought in by the lights. It's a rather difficult choice. Compelling though..." she says, seeming to think aloud, but partially responding to Frog's insight. The touch lightly pushing her towards trusting Baron, for now at least. She would just have to keep her wits about her.

"Let us get to the city, first. Then we can decide the next course.." she suggests, her tone somber as what would be known to be her norm.

"Then it is settled!" Somebreplume said, smiling. Finally, he thought. It will have taken a certain amount of time. "Let's go to somewhere safer than this scary place."

He continued walking next to the girl. Of course, she interracted with another magical being before him, that was certain, but where exactly was this being now? That was an important question. He could be anywhere, near them, or far away. This world had an amazing diversity of creatures, all of them with different powers. It was hard to tell what kind of magic she met.

"If something was to happen to you, i could protect you. But i think you already know that, and that you think you can defend yourself. Either way, consider my small help when you'll be in danger." He smiled again, in what seemed like a calm, reassuring smile.
The Blue Rifts (played by Hospex) Topic Starter

The redhaired dwarf moved slightly foward, raising his axe to the gesture from the.. boy? The tall one seemed not old for his size. Without moving his eyes from the tall one, he leaned to the left, blocking sound with his hand and spoke to the darkhaired one of the three.

"Do 'ere kno' what that silly 'ill hand means?" To the surprice of the darkhaired one, the redhead did not lower his voice to a wisper. The sound of the loud voice of a man focused into his ear briefly made him stumble before the dark one swung his axe and let the axe's flat side smack into the redhaired's back. This promptly started an argue between the two which then dragged in the third, who wanted to calm the others down. Nothing the three said was understandable thanks to their heavy accent, yelling and fastpaced talking on top of each other. They all seemingly haven forgotten about the stranger standing in front of them after but a few moments of their yelling. The level of noise quickly scared off any animal that were in the vicinity of the clearing.
Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Simon watched the axe carefully as the Dwarf raised it, not knowing whether it was raised in violence or just as a greeting. After a few seconds when the dwarf leant over to one the others to whisper something he relaxed slightly. From what he had read of dwarves if they had thought him hostile then they would have attacked off the bat, rather than talk to one another. Then as the axe was swung into the other and the ensuing argument he couldn't help but feel a slight bit of merriment. The whole thing was an amusing situation, not only had he never seen dwarves before. Now not only was he seeing them, but he was seeing them squabble too.

In that second he made up his mind, if he was in another world with no home at all, then he desired to stay with the dwarves. Out of all mythical creatures they were his favourites. Maybe he could even teach them a tech or two, all depended on how far advanced they were. Either way, he was going to make the most of this new world.

The axes were swung violently in the hand of the dwarfs, but never did the blade hit any. The redhaired and darkhaired were now both on the stump, both attempting to shove the other down. The third, who was still on the ground, pushed the axe's head against the others boots to also shove them down. This loud argue showed no sign of stopping in the near future, that was, until the third somehow raised his voice above the others.

"Oi! OI! OOOI!" The small man slammed his axe down over the others feet without doing any harm as they were all wearing heavy iron boots. The third finally having gained the other two's attention pointed to the tall boy with his axe.
" 'E kin is 'ill 'ere!" He shouted at them and the three finally returned their attention to the boy. "Oi! boy! what's yer name?" The redhaired shouted at him, his face almost red as his hair after the loud argue. The darkhaired one gave no time to answer but added; " 'n what is yer buisness?" Silence fell over the clearing as they waited for response, all tense, but more over eachother than the stranger.
Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Simon smiled as he watched the fight end, glad that the blows had not become dangerous to each of the Dwarves. That would have made it so much harder to gain their trust. As the third dwarf shouted down the other two, he would take a step forward while also trying to present himself as least threateningly as possible.

"My name?" He would stutter for a few seconds, "Is Simon." He ignored the volume which the Dwarf used to talk to him, he presumed that normal for their conversations. "I was transported to this world by these rifts that deposited me not too far from this location. I'm a human by the way, its good to meet you." He extended a hand in greeting.
Kept her eyes forward as they continued towards the city, still remaining wary of the man now traveling with her. He did seem rather insistent, eager to help, but that only made her more suspicious. However, for now, she would have to trust him. If anything, as a guide to this new world...

Hearing him once more mention her own ability to defend herself, Nina couldn't help but become the slightest bit annoyed. The girl sighed, then turned her attention back to him "I'm not incapable of fighting for myself Sir Baron. Don't you go thinking I'm just some lost damsel that needs protecting. You're accompanying me to find more adequate equipment and these 'others' you spoke of earlier." she reiterated, her voice stern, yet not overly annoyed.

That stated, her eyes went forward once more. Her mind was set and she'd hope to make the walk into the city without getting tired of Baron's company along the way. Eventually, they'd arrive...

"Alright, alright darling." He answered, appreciating this new nickname he gave to the girl. "I'm just worried. A lot of people died here, even old soldiers. And i'm not insinuating that you are what books calls "a damsel in distress". I picture you more like a warrior. See, i think girls are more powerful than men in a battlefield. They are more clever, more tricky. Men, they are so previsible. How boring."

He needed to stay with the girl. She was wary of him, and that was natural. However, things will not improve if she stayed like that.

Perhaps, perhaps that once she'll be in town, and reunited with the others souls, she'll trust him more, as he haven't totally lied.
Frog Du' Evard (played by Miss)

Frog’s voice seemed to float over Nina’s shoulder, “He may be worried. But he is searching for me in vain. He may be worried that he cannot locate me.” There was a short pause, “Death is inevitable for most. You need not fear it, though. I will shelter you from its reach.” Cold hands draw their fingers along the mask’s cheeks, “I’m pleased that your goal is clear. To lose sight of it is to lose focus; this leads to chaos. Chaos is undesirable.”
Nichole lightly shut her eyes and suddenly relaxed her shoulders at the oddly soothing touch to her face.."Hm...I know, thank you." she said softly at the opporitune time, making it seem as if she was simply responding to Baron's words. In all honesty, she found it entertaining how she was able to keep the ghostly man on his toes. Lest she wished him to leave her be. For now she attempted to enjoy the additional company.

After an hour, tcity drew closer, almost enough that she could spot the entrance from here. It wouldn't be much longer and nothing seemed to be after them. Yet anyway..Nina stayed alert, bringing one hand up to lightly grasp the sling of her rifle. Guess getting closer to the city outskirts could potentially be hazardous. Best to be prepared...

A grumbling noise was heard from the redhaired as the boy said his name. "Simon ye say" said te darkhaired before jumping down the stump, walking forward and closing the gap between himself and the boy. The darkhaired raised his axe and pointed to his face with the hilt. "I don' have a clue what this 'homan' is. Ye strange being!" He pokes Simon in the chest before looking back over his shoulder at the redhaired who had also left the stumb. The third dwarf following behind thr redhead. "Ye talk bout rifts and homans; but aint I got a clue what ye buisness is 'ere!"

The third placed his axe in the ground, leaning against it as he watched the others while calmly stroking his brown beard. unlike the other two, his eyes seemed more focused on the surroundings that on the boy, yet he was still paying attention to the conversation.

"Finally, " Sombreplume muttered. "It was quite long, isn't it? But the walk was nice, you are kind of the talkative one." he continued while smirking.
He scanned the girl. Even if he felt something, he couldn't tell what it was. Was it the creature that interacted with Nina? He wasn't sure, but it didn't reassured him. Having this being wasn't in his plans. What were her intentions? Were they complementary to Sombreplume's? Or opposite? Not knowing that was frustrating. He needed to know what, and where this creature was as soon as possible. He was not used to give up so quickly.
Nichole couldn't help but chuckle softly at the 'man's' words. Seemed to her that she was far from being the talkative one here.."Forgive me, Baron, but you have done most of the talking during this trip. I merely just responded. I'm just not so rude as to ignore you." she pointed out, her smirk hidden from his sight. Hers remained on the gate as they likely were coming into sight. The limits were lightly guarded, with a few persons monitoring who enters and leaves, acting as a means of both the first and last forms of security. Nina watched them closely as they approached.

When they came within about a hundred meters, Nina was able to lightly pick out the few posted outdoors. They appeared humanoid in shape. Perhaps she would be able to fly under the radar coming through? She wasn't so sure. Approaching the entrance to a city armed and masked never really screamed 'I come in peace'. This could be problematic..Nina turned her attention to Baron "You think they'll take kindly to me? I'm not exactly unarmed..." she asked, in hopes that he would have a desirable answer. They didn't have much time.

"I just dislike when it's quiet." Sombreplume simply answered, as Nichole stopped to look at the entrance.
When she (finally turned her attention to him, he smirked.

"Darling, You'll never know. The people here... they will all react differently."

"Some may not even draw their attention to you. They are so busy with their miserable, short life to look at you. Those are simple-minded, they just care for their own business. Bit others are more clever, more curious. They will wonder who, what you are. You will be stared at by some people. But that'll be all they'll do, staring. Some others... they could attack you. I'm not saying that they'll do, but... You see, you are a stranger for them, and what people know nothing about, they fear it."

"But, be happy, your strange weapon could protect you. It's not unusual to see mercenaries with their weapon in town. Let's just say that you need to be cautious. And try not to create problems, and you'll be fine. I hope." he added.
Nichole didn't say anything in response to Baron's reply, she merely kept his words in mind while her attention fixed back ahead to the few posted at the gate. She readied herself, but managed to appear at ease once they got there.

Her eyes shifted between them all, but none addressed her about the mask. They merely demanded a name to go by and the purpose of thier visit. They a appeared to have good recollection of who lived here and who were outsiders. Or, at least she hoped so..If not, then this security set up was pretty pathetic in a logical sense. Maybe they were tougher than she thought? Perhaps if she even tried something, they'd easily be able to apprehend her...She was thinking too much on it. After all, they were just planning on passing through...but maybe finding something to eat and a place to rest didn't sound too bad either.

Looking to Baron once more, she wondered where he would lead her once they were through. That is if he even knew where he was going...

At least they didn't have any problems. That was fine. He knew the people around here way too much. It was usual thet someone just a bit different from the other could get easily killed without any warning. That would be a shame.

"See, darling? No problems for now. You are doing good." He said as he was walking with her.

He was more worried about Nina's fate than his. If people tried to harm of kill them, thet would regret it deeply. He could be very deadly if he wanted to. And he was old enough to know that once they see something way more powerful than them, people either fear and run away from it. Or they began to worship it. But that would never happens for me, Sombreplume chuckled.

"Darling, i suppose we'll find a inn, eat and rest for the day. Then, tomorrow, we will go to the forrest. That's where the others are. What do you think?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus