Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Nichole certainly expected to be able to see with the mask on, but to her surprise, there was darkness! It didn't alarm her much, she'd just take it off..However, before she could reach her hand back up to remove it, she could smell the fire as it ignited. Then, for only an instant, she could see the flames right in front of her eyes just before they dissipated, leaving a clear view of the world directly in front of her. Well, that was oddly convenient. She still could of taken it off, but it somehow brought her comfort. Perhaps the aforementioned 'protection' it represented had already burned into her mind. She wanted to wear it...

Heeding the direction the voice gave her, she decided it was time to move. Likely to the settlement a little ways off in the distance..Nina only hoped her presence would be welcomed there..

Looking away from the decrepit tree before her, her eyes went to the frog still near. She then reached her left hand out to it, expecting it to hop onto her palm. Nothing wrong with traveling with a little companion, right? Besides, she couldn't help but suspect the amphibian was the voice speaking to her. Great, an hour or two here and she's already giving in to her naïve nature. No matter if it did or not, she'd slowly rise to her feet and sling her rifle onto her back and start making her way to the promising sight over the desert hills.
Baron Sombreplume (played by Ignie)

After a while flying around differents places of the world, Sombreplume was getting annoyed. Not a soul worth the game. There was this young man, wearing strange clothes compared to the other, but some armed people were dealing with him, it was too risky to join him. Not that he couldn't handle them, but it would complicate things, and oh dear, he hated complicated situations.

The others were a group. The could be nice, three soul in a row. The tallest one, perhaps he could have been easily convinced with the right choice of words. The only problem were the other two, the smallest man and the eye-patched one. The first was really angry, and he didn't seem to trust easily, too hard to talk to. The other one... he was un predictable. he flet like a dark aura around him, he was dangerous, that's a fact.

There were new souls over here, and none of them was worth it? What a way to waste his time.

But when he was in the desert, a soul got his attention.

there was this girl, a young one for sure. She was wearing a strange mask. Sombreplume lived long enough to recognize the work of a magic being. Still, he wasn't sure what kind of creature was travelling with him. He saw the toad on her shoulder. It sure was a strange pet to travel with. And suddently, it hit him. The mask, and the animal form. it looked like it was an Arae's doing. He pouted. So, her soul was already gone to this creature. That was so unfair, he wanted to play with the girl, it was the only one that looked interesting.

However, he didn't look or feel like the girl was "empty". So she still had her soul. Great. But, if she was wearing an Arae's mask, then that would mean the said Arae was with her. That would, once again complicate things. He groaned. Perhaps he could do a pact with the creature, that could work. or simply stealing it. But he was better than that. he was Sombreplume. And the girl was interesting. Maybe it'll be worth it after all.

Changing directions, he started following the girl and her toad, staying in his animal form. Better follow her and appeared in his humanoid form when it'll be the right time.
Frog Du' Evard (played by Miss)

The gifted mask was just that, a mask. No Arae would wear such a thing, preferring to appear as faceless, horrifying entities. Nothing in between hell and heaven acts the same, perfectly, though. As far as the frog was concerned, it sat and on the sands for some time, and finally hopped away in search of more morsels. Unfortunately, it landed in the vicinity of a hungry and unseen snake, covered in the sand. In an instant, the snake struck the frog and sank its teeth and poison into it, the slow process of stretching its mouth over it beginning. Seeming to speak beside Nina’s ear and gradually drift away, “Do not mourn its passing. Everything must live and die to be complete.”

Frog’s voice then returned, “If the heat fills you with dread, you may create rain. Command it to fall upon you if that is your desire.” Then a sound of quiet contemplation drifted into Nina’s ears and Frog remained silent for some time, until, “But I suggest you travel quickly.”

rolled 1d100 and got 91
What does the frog say? 0-50 yes, 51-100 no.

Nina watched as the frog hopped off, only to cringe as it was snatched by the snake and eaten. Perhaps she should have just grabbed it? But that might of lead her to the venomous reptile..No matter. She quickly deemed it a happening that was out of her control and turned her sights back to the cityscape in the night's distance. "I don't mourne it. It knew just as much as I did of it's fate. It's silly to fear the eventual end.." she softly stated before rising to her feet and taking her first steps forward. "But it is natural to fear the unknown..I'm not so sure about this place." she shared, then falling silent for a moment. Her eyes glanced back and fortg from her heading to the sand in front of her. Never know if there were more snakes..or worse hiding within it. Best to be cautious. After all, it would be a shame to die the very first day she arrived..

On a positive note, the moon was still high. So she still had time to reach the settlement, but Frog was right. She needed to find shelter soon. No matter how tired she became, she had to make it there. A walk that she estimated would take two to three hours.
Delastarh Nagahoshi (played by AkuaNoMizu)

Metaralis stared at Maxwell as if he just said something very stupid. Which, in his mind, he actually did.

"I gave you back your munitions, but that doesn't mean I am trusting you with them," he said flatly.

Delastarh sighed. "Please, no more fighting. You two can stay awake, if you want."

He sat down in front of the fire, staring at the flames. Meta huffed, and joined him. The short man really wish he also had his weapon. His gun would be nice, but he could do with a blade. He knew how to wield from short knifes to swords, even. Practicing swordsmanship was relaxing to him, for some reason.

"Man, I'm hungry. Any of you got food?" De suddenly asked.
Maxwell Rockfield (played by Ignie)

Maxwell stared at Metaralis a moment, but, to his surprise, haven't answered. He was surprised, of course, he thought he was going to punch him in the face. That's what you call improvement for sure.

"No." He simply answered to Delastarh, "I was going to find a place to eat before all of that was to happen. Guess we'll have no choicz but to hunt. And create weapons. My gun could be useful, but i only have 6 ammos and i don't want to waste them on useless animals. I guess i can craft a spear with a piece of wood and a flint. At least it would be something." He finished, as he stared at the flames just like Metaralis. Even if he didn't want to sound pretencious, Maxwell could wield any types of weapons very well, even if he'd rather go with his gun most of the time. But he would have preferred a katana rather than a spear to hunt. However, that was all they had for now.

The moon was high in the sky, but the girl was still walking. She was determined to reach a town, for something so fragile.

Suddently, the girl's strange pet jumped from her shoulder and rested a bit... Until a hungry snake came and swallowed it. That was sad, of course, but that's how life was going here. Souls were coming, and going away. And the girl... She doesn't looked like she was afraid of the snake or something. How courageous of her. But snakes were only the beginning, there were creatures in this world, way more dangerous than that small thing, and she'll need more than just her strange weapon to get rid of them.

The town she was walking to was still far away, and at night, it was more dangerous to travel, there were more ambushs, more predators, that could kill her, and it'll be a soul wasted. Perhpas it would be good to appear in front of her sooner than he planned. Even if the Arae was still here, the demon could do with that. Between magical beings, they could find some arrangements.

It's been hours Sombreplume was flying around observing her, and without any good place to land, he chose the ground. He landed near to the girl and the Arae, looking at them with his dark eyes.
Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Simon just stared for a few seconds, his mouth hanging wide. This was a sight he had not even considered being possible. They were .... Dwarves??? His thoughts began to collide in complete confusion. It wasn't possible, it shouldn't be possible. They quite decidedly couldn't be possible. Or were they?

He thought about the rift that had taken him and the world around him. Maybe, he wasn't on Earth now and if he allowed and considered that thought. What was there to say that there couldn't be dwarves around? He decided this was the best approached, though he dared not consider it further since going down that route any mystical beast could be around and who knew what they could be.

He raised one and in a small wave, hoping that they would consider it a greeting. "Hello?" He called out. While mentally begging for them to be able to speak English or some variant of it. Did they even have humans in this world? Would they have even had their language go towards some variant of English?

"It's getting a bit too dark for hunting," Metaralis said. "Who knows what's in those woods. Wolves, bears, and worst," he added, looking up at the sky where they felt from when he said the worst part.

De nodded. "Yeah, we can go hunt tomorrow morning. Better chances of finding something." He turned to Meta. "Are you cold? I can give you my sweater."

A small smile appeared on the short man's lips. "No, I am fine. Thank you."

Delastarh shrugged. "Alright. Going to sleep, then."

He laid himself down, on the back and arms crossed behind his head, and closed his eyes.

"And no fighting while I'm sleeping, you two."

Metaralis rolled his eyes. "Will try."
Maxwell Rockfield (played by Ignie)

Maxwell winced, carefully avoiding the short man's look. How could people be so... fluffy sometimes. That was disgusting. Those two sounded like actors in a bad rated romantic movie. But then again, he pictured Ezekiel looking at both men saying they were "cute together". Ezekiel was complicated sometimes.

He silently nodded toward Delastarh, his way of saying he won't hurt Metaralis. He then looked at the shorter man. He wasn't trusting him and the man shared this feeling. At least, something in common. Great, he thought sarcastically, we could even become great friends.

"If you're wondering, Mr.Outteridge, i won't sleep tonight. I have this habit of staying awake for several nights in a row. Oooh, totally not because i'm not trusting you at all, and because you threw a rock at me. Trust me." He said while smiling, showing his white teeth to the man, still looking at Metaralis with his only dark eye.
Nichole could sense an additional, lingering presence ever since she had put the mask on. Having chosen to ignore it, she put her focus into moving forward. There were more important matters that demanded her attention. However, that agenda was put on the back burner once the other had made their presence known by landing nearby. Her feet continued to carry her forward..

"Why are you following? Should I be concerned?" she speaks out loud enough forto them, but doesn't bother to turn her head to look. She instead listens, waiting for a response or any signal of approach. Her right hand readied near her hip, ready to reach back and swing her rifle into her hands..

Frog watched the world before her like it was new, but remained quiet for some time, until, “But would you fear your end if you knew what would cause it? When and where it would be? Or would you move forward unhindered, remaining safe in your knowledge?” The faintest of interest and humor was whispered through her words and she continued after a pause, “You may fear what you wish.”

Then her sight shifted to fall upon the bird or winged creature that landed. In a way, she watched what Nichole watched. A steady, questioning tone met the femme’s ear, “What is this…how interesting. Now, I am curious as well. What will it do?”

"That's not a very kind way to start a conversation, my dear." the vulture answered, "Usually, people greets me, or at least, they ask for a name. You truly are an interesting one. Oh, but how impolite of me. Perhaps i should identify myself first."

As the animal finished the sentence, it curled up, forming a massive ball of black feathers. The form moved and morphed into a more humanoid form, a tall, slender one.

The feathers stopped moving, and slowly, they started to disappear, leaving room for Sombreplume's new form. His skin was dark, his face was painted with white tribal painting, that looked like a skull. He was wearing a top hat, and an elegant dark purple suit. He was walking with a brown cane, decorated with a gold skull at the top.

He walked near Nichole, and bowed.

"My name is Baron Sombreplume. I am an inhabitant of this magnificent world you see. However, you doesn't seem to be from here, am i right, darling?" he smiled, discovering his white teeth, "Now that i told you my name, perhaps i can take knowledge of yours?"

Frog's voice floated between the mask's layers, "Do not listen to the animal. It's most cordial to start a conversation as you please when normally the subject cannot understand you. But this is an abnormality. I trust that you know of this." Her voice pulled back, almost as if her cold fingers slipped underneath the mask and over Nichole's cheeks.

There was a short pause as the creature formed to be someone else. A shiver would run down Nichole's spine, Frog's finger felt without truly being there, "There is power in a name. There is power in knowledge. If you trust this being with both at once...do you have a short name? You may safely offer this Baron that."
Nichole continued to walk, still not even giving the newcomer a direct glance. She continued to listen, only rolling her eyes to whichever side she heard Baron move to. Even when he changed and bowed just within her sight, her head remained stationary. It was after that moment that she felt the cool touch to her face, suddenly reassuring her that Frog was still present. Her words almost driving her to think they were like a second conscience in her head. They were wise, for she thought to give the man an alias even before Frog suggested it. A name could lead to someone swaying her into all sorts of trouble in this new world. She had to protect herself..

The girl lifted her head up slightly as the chill traveled her spine, then slowly lowered it. Then, with a softer, kinder tone turned her head to the man, watching him closely with her unseen eyes and spoke..."Nina...and I'm simply traveling and not many know my face. So yes, I am not from around 'here'" she says, then turning her head back away to set her eyes back onto the cityscape in front of her, her feet picking up a quicker pace.

Sombreplume straightened and pouted. How cold and distant she was. He didn't do anything bad to her, yet.

"Nina," he said in a soft voice, "A nice name, for sure. Where does it come from? Never heard something alike in my long existence." He continued, while following the girl. "And your mask is truly beautiful, darling, is it yours? Was it crafted in your birthplace?" He added, smirking, "Or did you found it here? Oh, i'm not judging you, if you're asking, i'm just curious. You see, your.. species is unknown in this world. I have seen some people like you, but it seems like all of you arrived here at the same time. I just want to know more about your race, and see if you could survive here. You see, your strange weapon could be useful, but who can say how long it will last against the creatures of this world." He smiled as he walked besides the girl:

"I only want to help and understand, Nina."
Nina once more turned her head to the stranger, taking yet another moment to look him over before directing her eyes back up to his face. It was very distinctive, one she was sure to remember if he chose not to stick around for too long..

"My parents gave my name tI'llo me, for my birthday..I dont know where they vanished to. Perhaps they were sent someplace else?" She answered, smirking behind her mask at her attempt at humor. She did wonder about her parents, where they might have ended up, but she wasn't going to let that thought consume her. There were more pressing matters to tend to first.

Reaching up to her mask, her fingers lightly caressed over the birch, taking in its features by touch "It too was a gift, given to me recently in fact. I really do find it, comforting." She shared, then letting her hand fall back to her side. Her eyes returned straight ahead, her walking pace remaining unchanged. "My rifle has always suited me fine...unless it can be made better, I choose not to use anything else. And I commend your curiosity, but do tell me. What awaits me in the city there?" she asks. She was fully prepared to wander into the unknown, but perhaps now she didn't have to. This 'man' could be useful, but she still remained wary.

"Darling," Sombreplume answered when the girl looked at him, "If you're planning on staying here, you'll need to look at people more politely. Or prehaps this look is specially destined to me. I wonder what did i do wrong to deserve such a bad treatment."

He smiled when the girl mentionned her parents. However this looked more like a smirk.

"You have a strange sens of humor, but i like that, this one was very funny." He said, "Very ironic. But everyone has its way to handle this situation i suppose."

Nina asked him for the city and his eyes looked at the distant town.

"Fair enough, i suppose. You are heading to a big city for sure. Here, you'll find everything travellers needs. Weapons, Inns, Outfits, Scrolls, Food." He closed his eyes. "But don't expect to be welcomed with open arms. If you have no money, you'll have nothing. And... Let's say people never saw someone like you or the others i saw before. They'll look at you, and judge you. I reccomend to be prepared to the worse. People in this world, darling, are unpredictable."
Nina smirked yet again when the man spoke of the ways of the city and the people. It just made her behavior more justifiable. She wasn't sure who he was convincing. "Why do you think I am wary of you? I already expected that to be true..The fact of the matter is, I don't know you, Sir Baron. How do I know you aren't trying to lead me astray? I am, after all, vulnerable. Correct?" she asked, then turning her head to look his way again and smile..

The city drew closer. Perhaps another hour or two?

The glaring contest started between Metaralis and Maxwell. But not even 10 minutes later, the short man's eyelids started to slowly close as his whole body started to slowly fall down. Without even opening his eyes, Delastarh put a hand on the other's shoulder, stopping him from just dropping on the ground, and guided him to lie down near him.

"There you go," De muttered. He opened one eye, looking toward Maxwell. "Meta falls asleep very fast. Barely the sun is down that he's already sleeping soundly. I knew he couldn't hold all night to keep an eye on you." He closed his eye again. "I told him once that maybe he should go see a doctor. Sleeping a lot, eating a lot, and still this tiny. But he said he was fine. He doesn't like doctors. Or hospitals. He despises them. Scared, even. He never told me why."

"I hope you really won't pull a trick on his, if I let you look after us. I tend to be a light sleeper and if I hear anything weird, like someone charging a gun with no reason, you can bet I'm ready to kick your butt."

With that, Delastarh put an arm aroung Meta and turned on the side to face him. He didn't said another word.

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus