Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Delastarh Nagahoshi (played by AkuaNoMizu)

Delastarh completely ignored Maxwell, cradling Metaralis in his arm. He didn't care about what he was saying, Meta was going to live.

When he passed beside Maxwell, he whispered in a venomous tone: "What if it was Ezekiel?"

He continued walking, following Niya toward the location of a doctor that could help Meta.

Delastarh was always the one trying to make friends if they could, but even he had his limits and Maxwell had officially stepped over them.
Maxwell Rockfield (played by Ignie)

Maxwell froze at Delastarh's speech. Yes, what if this was Ezekiel?

What if it was her that was covered in black goo, almost dying?

"What i'm saying." he answered, visibly hurt, "Is that he will either suffer, and die, or he will die, and attack us. He isn't going to live. And if it was Ezekiel... I... I..."

He closed his eyes and clenched his fist.

"I would have put an end to her suffering. Even if this would be one of the hardest things i'll ever do. She is the most precious thing i have in this world. Seeing her suffering would be... Unbearable. That's why i'm saying that. You seems to really like Metaralis, and i... i understand how you must feel. And i'm saying the truth." he finished, just to make sure Delastarh wasn't going to doubt it.
Niya (played by Nikiradia)

Not really listening to Maxwell's hopeless words, the vixen fixed her attention on leading them out of the forest and someplace near that could provide help to the fallen man. She was very much for preserving what life she could if it didn't have to die in vain. No creature would want to eat something infected and the trees wouldn't want it either. So, it was either try to save him, or burn him if he perished..She chose the hopeful route and continued to fly ahead to scout out for any more dangers while they made their leave. They were in the clear for now and the edge of the forest would be approaching quickly if they kept the hurried pace.

"Yes...people...help.." she answered Maxwell, only looking over her shoulder to the two following behind her..Then to Meta, who appeared to be in worse shape than earlier. "Need...Hurry!.." she said, her tone still soft, but a little more alarmed in this escalating situation. Her head turned back and she picked up the pace a little through the trees.

Delastarh heard Maxwell's words but didn't respond. There was no way he would kill Meta like that, even in an act of mercy. He would do it only and only if Meta begs him to. Until then, he is going to do everything to save him.

Metaralis wasn't, indeed, not looking great. His skin was pale, sweat beading on his forehead, and his breath was short. His hand was clinging to De's hoodie. He coughed, a black goo escaping his lips.

"Crap!" De said, putting him down.

He wiped the black liquid from his lips and chin with his sleeve and lifted him again.

"Can we go faster?" he asked Niya. "I can run, don't worry!"

He was completely ignoring Maxwell at that point. The guy could just leave them and go on his own way and he wouldn't even realise it.

Niya peeked over her shoulder to Dela when he slowed down, checking to be sure he was alright. Though, when he ordered her to go faster, she let out a soft meep and swiftly picked up her pace, the particular marking on one of tails glowing brighter as she accelerated. Pretty soon, the forest became less dense, then a complete break as the reached the edge. The nearest town was just a short distance away.

"Come!...Hurry" she called back before zipping off towards the town. She didn't know where the doctor was..., but there had to be someone that knew where to find them. Before she knew, she was already at the town entrance, looking right to the guards that were still posted since Nichole and Baron entered. They just stared, wide eyed at the flying fox girl. "What in the blazes? What is it?" they asked, noting how rushed her approach was. The girl kept floating in front of them, her tails curling loosely about her form as she pointed towards the men following behind her. "Need...Help." she informed, waiting for Dela and Max to catch up. The guards peered around the wall to catch a glimpse of the two...no, three approaching. Looks like one was seriously hurt. They waited for them to explain what the trouble was as the girl appeared to be 'limited' in her speaking..

Delastarh stopped in from of the guards, breathless.

He thought for a second that the guards were humans, but once he saw the long ears he knew it wasn't the case. But it didn't matter right now.

"We... My friend needs help! We were attacked and... something jumped at him. He needs a doctor!" he explained, trying to get that done with as fast as they could.

He could still feel Metaralis curling himself against him. It was a good sign, wasn't it? At least, he was conscious enough to hold on to him.

Maxwell had trouble catching the men and the fox girl. It looked like that when his friend was on his back, Delastarh ran faster than ever. He arrived a few seconds later, as breathless as the other man was.

Ignoring the guards, he raised his head ans smiled when he saw the gates.

A town. Finally.

He looked at the guards, and their humanoid form, even if they didn't seem to be human, was reassuring.

"Can we enter please?" He asked politely. "We were in the forest and two spiders attacked us. He is hurt." He said, pointing Metaralis with his chin. "We need a doctor. We can pay." Even if this wasn't true, at least, they couçd enter, perhaps. And then, he could find a place where he could rest. And eat something edible.
Hearing Baron speak about the food only confirmed her fears. Her beef jerky sounded like a delicacy compaired to...smoked arachnid. Just the thought of it made her skin crawl..."Eh...is there anything..edible? Like, actual food?" She asked, moving her right hand to gently hold her stomach as she was fairly certain if she saw such a thing on her plate, she'd probably vomit.."Back home, we wouldn't touch our food if we found a spider on our plate . It's not even thought of as food.." she explained, of course speaking of 'normal' sized spiders.

Nazga snickered some, overhearing Nina's words. He would be certain to find another beast to fill her plate. Perhaps some wild taurus or horse. He could somewhat understand newcomers. It was, in fact, part of his business to make travelers feel at home. Being a snake beast put a few people off, but it was usually remedied with the welcoming services he did his best to provide. After a short rest, he quietlyleft the counter and slipped into the kitchen to prepare their dishes. He knew what Baron would likely enjoy, so he would just roll with whatever first came to mind..

The guards looked over the men that had rushed to the gates, quickly checking their clothing and gear from where they stood. Strange, they never really seemed to pat anyone down or search them before they entered. Their eyes did appear to have a slight glow whenever someone approached. Maybe that had something to do with it? It didn't matter. Their eyes went to the girl, their faces suggesting some uncertainty, but they deemed her harmless and turned their attention back to the men before them "Go on inside. The infirmary is straight down this road, first building. You can't miss it. Hurry on and come find us if any incident occurs. We don't need any infection spreading.." one of them informed, obviously knowing something about what was going on with Meta. If it got out of control, they fully planned on taking the matter knto their hands and dealing with it before it became problematic..

Niya took the information and quickly zipped through the gate and down the road, expecting Dela and Maxwell to follow close behind.

"Alright," De said to the guards.

Holding Metaralis, he followed Niya toward the infirmary. He was hoping that they could do something about this. Getting that thing out of him and saving his life. From what the guards said, they knew what that was about. So they should have a cure. Logically.

"...D... De..." Meta mumbled.

"Meta!" the tall man exclaimed, surprised to hear him talk. "It's okay. We found a town and we are going to an infirmary. I know you hate doctors and hospitals, but you have no say in the matter! They'll help you."

Metaralis coughed a bit more of the black goo and whined. He wasn't doing well, but he was still alive.
Baron Sombreplume (played by Ignie)

"Oh?" Sombreplume asked, "Spiders disgusts the likes of you? Oh strange, their meat is very tender and delicious. Strange you never tried. but worry not." he glanced at Nazga, "My friend will cook something you'll like more."

The demon rested on his chair and smelled the hair. Suddently, he opened his eyes. and looked at Nina, smiling widely:

"Darling! I smelled something that you might like. 5 Souls just entered in this town, and 3 of them looks similar to your soul."

One a Fox soul, a creature of this world. Strangely, they didn't came out of the forest oftenly. But perhaps they did because of one of the soul.

3 others were human. But the most interresting thing was what the last soul was doing with one of the human.

They seemed to be battling together. The human soul was rejecting the black one with all his strenght, but he was getting weaker and weaker. How sad for him.

"What do you think, Nina? Do you want to see the likes of you? They all seems to be well... Exept for one, but i suppose you seeing it is better than anything, right?" he stood up, "Save the meal, Nazga, we'll be back!"
Blackarrow (played by Scarletwolf)

A girl was pasted out on the floor in the forest she woke up not really knowing where she was. "Where am I?" She asked herself. "It's freaky I wonder where other people are" she said as She got up slowly and started to walk she was afraid a little but not that much she kept walking until she found a log and sat down hoping someone would find her so she started to build a little tent out of the surroundings she knew if she built a little tent and went inside of it and sat and just waited for someone to see the tent and find her.

Maxwell had trouble following the fox girl and Delastrah. Both of them were running really fast and even if he did a ot of sports, he wasn't quick enough to follow them.

At least, he still saw them, so he wouldn't be lost. While running, the eye-patched man took his time to look around. Even in a town, nothing was common for him. Several species were in this city, but none of them was human. They all looked like they just poped out from a fairy tail or from a Tolkien's book. Elves, Naga, Orcs. He couldn't belive his eyes. And the citizens too. They all looked at Maxwell, Delastarh and Metaralis strangely. Of course, perhaps they were seeing a human for the first time in their entire life. What kind of world was this place, without any human? He just hoped they wouldn't have problems because of what they were, or because of Metaralis' infection.

No matter what Delastarh would say, if the infection was dangerous, or if Metaralis was trying to attack him, he'll shoot. Perhaps it was cruel, and wasting another bullet was dangerous (this world may not have any ammo to reload it), but now, his first problem was to survive, no matter how many people he would have to kill to do so.

And now that they were in a town, he could find some quality weapon, instead of his now gone spear. So he could at least fight some creatures.
Settled at the table, Nina had no intention on getting up for a long while. At least not until she deemed whatever plate was set in front of her as edible. Which led her to take Baron's words less seriously. It mattered not if more of her 'race' was lurking about town, she already had a lot to take in already. It was her first night in this new world and she needed the time to adjust to it all. That in mind, it likely came as little shock to see Nina more than a little nerve-struck by Baron's insistence that they were leaving again, right now.

Nina suddenly stood from her seat and slapped her hands onto the table, her gaze stabbing right at him "Excuse me?! Sit your ass back down! I could care less who strolls into town. I'm hungry and tired. So until both of my problems are taken care of, I'm not going anyplace else or helping anyone else." she said in a raised voice, her tone very commanding. She might of been one to drop her needs for others, but given her unknown situation at this time, she had to worry about herself for now. Even behind her mask, her gaze appeared fixed on the man who seemed to think 'aiding' her meant deciding for her as well. Feeling she made her point clear, she sat back down in her seat with her legs crossed and her hands set neatly in her lap as she silently continued to wait for her meal to be brought out to her.

Nazga, having overheard Nina's outburst towards Baron's order for the food to be held, decided to overturn the demand in the girl's favor and continued on preparing their meals. It would still be a while longer before it all was finished. The girl's meal was easy, but Baron's took a little more time and prep-work to get it just right..

Gliding down the main road, Niya didn't really bother to look behind her shoulder as she approached the infirmary. She only listened for the men to be sure they were still following. Poor Maxwell though, he didn't seem like he could catch up even if she wasn't going that fast. It didn't take much force to move her forward, given how small she was. So she was definitely able to go faster, but then she would leave them behind for sure..At the door, Niya stopped and turned herself about in the air to look to Dela as he was carrying the one in need of help. The girl waved her arms to usher them inside "Come..they help." she said in a rushed tone, waiting for them to pass and head inside.
Baron Sombreplume (played by Ignie)

Sombreplume looked at Nina with a really confused look, but he obeyed, and sat down with her.

"You are really a strange one darling. You were looking for a town, anything, but when i said, there is the likes of you in this town, people in the same situation than you, then you are too busy sitting here. You people aren't so different from those of this world finally. Fine, if you want to, we'll stay."

He looked at Nazga and signed everything was normal, finally.

"Don't worry, they won't move from the doctor. One of them is deeply infected by some creatures. I wonder if he will survive." he said out loud.

"But being a decent soul being suppose we'll pay them a visit after the meal, right?"
Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Simon would get into a pack with the other dwarves, waiting for them to light their lanterns then follow them. After the short introductions he quickly stooped down slightly and took the dwarves proffered hand to shake it. "It's so good to meet you Tol Spiderbasher. I hope we can be good friends in the future." After they had shook hands he would continue to walk with a slight stoop in his step as to be closer to the dwarves height level rather than his own. As they walked he asked curiously. "So... is your city underground? Do you fight wars against other underground creatures?"
Frog Du' Evard (played by Miss)

Nina's mask rippled and gathered darkness along the right edge that became disturbed like bubbling water with Nina's words. Once she stopped briefly, the mask ripped the darkness from one side to the other and vanished. More visible to the Baron for apparel reasons. From somewhere, Frog looked upon the two, her dark face undisturbed by facial expression. Her voice met Nina's ears, "They come. This is the most important information for you to know." Her cold, absent hands placed themselves on Nina's shoulders, Frog being visible only to her.

Frog's fingers drifted through Nina's shirt, just grazing her shoulders, as they retreated, "If you wish to rest and visit those of your kind, you may. I will see that it happens. If you wish to rest only, you will rest under my protection."
Nina rapidly calmed when she sensed Frog emerging after a long bout of silence, her eyes shifting to look directly up to her when she appeared. Her demeanor almost completely changed.."I'm just...away from home and tossed into the unknown. If they are anything like me, they'll find their aid. They did manage to discover the city. If they're wise, they'll find a place for the night, that being said. They'll likely find their way here themselves.." she pointed out, chosing her words carefully so as to not give Baron the idea that she was talking to someone else, simply responding to his words. "I do hope the afflicted one will be alright. I wont be much help to him, so best to not fret over it. I have myself to worry about." she added, once more stating what she thought was the correct choice..

Just when Nina was finished speaking, Nazga returned with a pair of plates, each steaming hot and prepared with care. For Baron, the grilled giant moss spider legs, seasoned with an array of savory spices. For the lass, the closest thing this world had to bison, roasted and seasoned with a salty dry rub with...potatoes, actual potatoes. Huh...seems like thats one things that transcends worlds/dementions...whatever. Either way, Nina looked rather relieved to see something familiar in front of her. In fact, it looked like old fashioned roast...smelled sort of like it too. Without much hesitation, the girl went right to eating while trying not to pay any mind to Baron's plate..

Delastarh entered the infirmary building, still holding Metaralis against him. He looked around the small lobby, trying to find someone.

"Hello? Please, we need help!"

They heard a sound coming from the back room, and footsteps coming their way. From one of the doors appeared a young woman dressed in a long robe of various shades of green. She had long dark red hair, green eyes, and colorful markings on her face. But the most impressive was the beautiful transparent glowing butterfly wings on her back.

"How can I help you?" she asked in a melodic voice.

More worried for his friend than all the unnatural creatures around them, De stepped forward.

"My friend is hurt. We got attacked by a monstrous spider, and something jumped on him when it was dead. It left those weird markings on his face, and he's suffering," he explained.

"Come with me," she said, seeming a bit more alarmed.

She entered in another room, Delastarh following her. The room was small with only an oil lamp, a desk and a chair, and a bed.

"Put him there," she said, pointing the bed.

The tall man did as he was ordered while she was gone to gather some stuff from another room. He laid Metaralis on the bed, brushing his hair out of his sweaty forehead.

"You'll be okay soon. Promise."

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus