Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Delastarh Nagahoshi (played by AkuaNoMizu)

Delastarh was pulling at the spider web holding him down, but it was only getting his hands all sticky. He looked back at Metaralis who was trying to get himself free from the tentacle, then at Maxwell.

"Get your gun and shoot it!! It's going to kill Meta!!" he yelled desperately.

The mandibles were right over Metaralis. The short man turned around and kicked the spider in the face with his free foot. It only made the creature angrier, spewing black goo all over his shirt and pants.

"Meta!!" De screamed.
Maxwell Rockfield (played by Ignie)

Even with his head hurting, he could still hear Metaralis' screams and Delastarh's begging. But he was unarmed, and his spear just got snapped in two.

Well not really unarmed.

He winced, it was the only way, even if this meant wasting ammos. But he'd rather waste some bullets than getting killed.

Putting his hand to his hip, he took his gun and loaded it. This was their only chance. If he failed then...

He shooted the part that seemed less solid. At the first bullet, the spider let out a scream, meaning he touched, and hurt her. She let the man go and fell on the ground, agonizing.

Maxwell smiled crazily and got up, slowly walking to the dying creature, and put two more bullet in her head, making sure she was gone once and for all.
Nina nodded to Baron in agreement, frowning slightly at the sad truth that apparently applied to this world as well. Guess greed was everywhere. No avoiding it. "Yes, it is the same where I am from. The rich govern the poor. If anyone wants change, they need the money to bribe those in control. It's very unfortunate." she shared, then turning her attention back to the door. Assuming he knew what he was doing, she stepped forward and entered the building, holding the door for him until he stepped through.

The INN had a pretty standard layout, nothing too luxurious, but welcoming in it's own right. Behind the counter, sat a male naga, resting on his own coiled hindbody. His yellow, slitted eyes shifted to the newcomers. A sly smile stretched across his lips as her leaned closer towards the counter to get a better view of the familiar face and his...companion. "Ahh...Sssombreplume..What brings you here so late in ze night? Your own quarters not 'warm' enough?" the male said with a soft smirk, shifting his eyes towards the female in his company. "So strange, she covers her face?" he notes the mask..

Nina, stood silent once the male's gaze settled on her. Was he really suggesting she was just picked up on the side of the road, like some street whore?...Well, part of that was accurate, but no way in hell would she even think of lowering herself to such. She didn't say anything in response, she just hoped Baron chose his words wisely, unless he wished to be hurt..
Niya (played by Nikiradia)

Meanwhile, in the forest, something had sensed the commotion bustling in the otherwise quiet night. A disturbance, a panic. Something was bound to be left behind. It lurked nearby, silently watching the scene unfold between the rabid arachnid and the two...strange beings. What were they doing out here? They weren't simpleton creatures. Shouldn't they be somewhere where there's shelter? The town wasn't all that far away after all and the forest REALLY wasn't a safe place to go 'camping'.

Seeing the commotion come to an end, the vixen was relieved to see the spider meet her end rather than the three men. There was less to clean up that way. With that fortunate turn-out, she decided to come out from the bushes once the men had turned away. It was time to do her job. Crawling over to the spider's corpse, sitting beside it with her plethora of tails lightly wrapping about her form. Her hands then extended towards the arachnid's abdomen and a few of her markings started to emit a soft glow. Slowly, the flesh of the creature started to erode away. "Nnnn..Hmm...Nnnnaa..Hmm~" she softly hummed to herself, lightly swaying herself from side to side..

Once the spider stopped moving, a sigh of relief came from Delastarh. Metaralis untangled himself from the black thing and stood up.

"Thank you..." he said to Maxwell.

He didn't like the man, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't be grateful for saving his life.

"A little help, please?" De said, still stuck in the spider web.

Maxwell came to help him, probably reluctantly. Metaralis was about to join them, but another sound behind them stopped him. He turned around, seeing the strange girl near the monster spider's corpse.

"Who are--"

Before he could finish his question, the black slimy part that was on the - now disintegrating - spider suddenly leaped on Metaralis. The short man had no time to react, and the black thing attached itself to him. He screamed, struggling against it. This thing was burning him, like acid on raw flesh. It was like it was trying to eat him, or something. He couldn't get out.

The scream drew the attention of the two other men.

"META!" De yelled, still too stuck in the web to run to him. He looked at Maxwell. "Do something!!"

Metaralis fell to his knees. The black goo appeared to be absorbed in his skin, disappearing slowly in his body. The man continued to scream due to the pain. His whole body was burning, now, and his mind was somehow foggy. He fell on the ground and became suddenly too still.
Baron Sombreplume (played by Ignie)

"Nazga, my old friend!" Sombreplume smiled warmly. "How nice to see you after so long!" He hugged the naga and put his hand on Nazga's shoulders.

"You know, my reptilian friend, even the like of me need a little journey far away from home sometimes." He chuckled. "Besides, the room you have for me is from far the best quarters i ever had, except from mine."

Letting go his acquaintance, he looked at his companion.

"Nina, this is Nazga, one of my few friends. And the most reliable one." There were no need to say that Nazga helped him to yield some souls from time to time against giving his inn an aura that attracted customers. It will be sad to take his soul when the time will come. "Nazga, the young woman you see there is Nina, my new companion. She isn't from here, and without any money. I said you will kindly give my room for free. You will not regret it my friend. I promise." This will mean more customers for Nazga for the next few days.

The naga seemed to think about the proposition for a few second and nodded.

"Fine, you and yourr frriend can sssleep herre tonight."

"I knew i could count on you, Nazga." Sombreplume smiled, and looked at Nina.
"Now, shall we?"

Maxwell froze, unable to understand what was happening. Delastarh suddently screamed and when he turned around and saw Metaralis struggling against what was a black goo his body was absorbing.

He couldn't waste more ammo on it, and it could hurt Metaralis and even if he didn't like him, it was useless to get rid of him like that.

He turned his head and next to the spider's body was a another creature, who looked as surprised as the men were.

When Metaralis stopped moving, Maxwell didn't do anything, still too confused.

What the heck is happening here? he thought, suddently thinking of Ezekiel, all alone in this crazy world.

The young vixen turned her head just as the grotesque creature leaped from the spider's biodegrading corpse. Though, despite the misfortune, the girl only frowned and turned back to her current task. They were able to best this monster, she only hoped they could handle this on their own. After all, she only watched over the forest...It was far from her to intervene with primal matters. The weak were prayed upon, the fittest ate for the night...

Still sitting on her rump, she coiled her tails tighter around her small frame while she worked to decompose this husk. Her ears flattened neatly against her hair, choosing not to listen to the men's screams. Hopefully they knew, it would only attract more dangers..The girl merely stood by, waiting for a break in the sounds of struggle..Then..it came, silence.

The girl's ears slowly lifted from her hair as her head turned to look over the men, seeing one laying motionless on the ground..The spider was already mostly degraded, down to about 3/4ths of it's body when she decided to break away and crawl over to the unmoving man. Without seeming to acknowledge the two other men still present, she came in close and leaned her head over the man's chest with her right ear hovering over his heart."Hmm?" she cooed curiously, her tails lightly tossing behind her. Was he dead?

A slow breath was escaping Metaralis' lips. His heart was still beating, although somewhat irregularly. But the man was still alive, that was the most important.

Delastarh finally untangled himself enough to get up and run to them.

"Get away from him!" he yelled, chasing away the vixen. He grabbed Meta, pulling him in a protective hug. "What have you done to him?!"

He listened for his heartbeat, relieve to hear one. He straightened up and pushed away a few strands of hair in Meta's face, looking at him. A black cartilage was already showing on him, like weird dark veins or roots. It was covering his right cheek, going over his nose and a little bit near his right eye. The marking was going down his neck and disappearing under his pullover.

"Meta? Meta, wake up. Say something," De whispered in a desperate voice. "...Please."

Maxwell stayed behind the men, dazzled. He didn't understand what just happened and his senses came back slowly.

A look of disgust appeared on his face when he saw the black veins on Metaralis. Whatever that thing was, now, it was in his body. And given how it affected the spider, it'll soon do the same to Metaralis for sure. He could already be considered dead.

"What happened." He said to the vixen. It was maybe unusual to ask such creature something. But it looked like it knew more than them, and Delastarh was not in a state to answer right now.

The vixen's ears flickered at the first beat of the man's heart, confirming that he was still alive. She pulled her head away with a sigh of relief. She did care for the lives of all things, but she relinquished any control she had over fate. So regardless, she was glad he was okay...However, the aftermath wasn't quite over as Delastarh frantically ordered her to move away from the fallen man. An order in which she immediately obliged to with a startled yip, her feet shuffling herself away from Meta's body to allow them the space they demanded.

The girl then sat quietly and watched the scene unfold, pulling one of her tails into her lap to nervously rake her fingers through it's fur. Her body tilted from one side to the other, teetering on her rump to get a good look at Meta from her new position. Then, hearing the other man speak towards her, her ears perked high and her head turned to look up at him. Her head slightly cocked to the left as she thought on his question...She simply shrugged her shoulders "Don't...know.." she said softly, her words broken by short pauses. Much like a child trying to speak complex sentences. Her head turned back to look over Meta "He..not..dead" she added, hoping that cleared at least one thing up. For what she knew, he was going to live.

Metaralis emitted a low complaint.

"Meta?" De asked, hoping for an answer.

The short man groaned again.

"D-Don't worry! We'll find help for you!" He looked up at the others. "W-We need to find a doctor or something! He needs help!"

He couldn't lose Metaralis. Not like that. Not so fast. He promised they would have a nice and luxurious retirement with all the money they made with their job!

"A doctor. You're looking for a doctor?!" Maxwell yelled. "We're in the middle of the forrest, with a dying man between our hands! Where will you find help?!"

He glanced at Metaralis and then back to Delastarh.

"Be realistic, Delastarh, He is going to die. This thing is infecting him. If he's not dead yet, he'll be soon. And he could attack us. The... thing could attack us. We need to get rid of it before it do more harm."

He already wasted 3 bullets. He could use a 4th to make sure he'll not be attacked one more time tonight.

Delastarh gave a dark glare at Maxwell.

"He'll be FINE," he said, putting Meta down with delicacy. He stood up, looking at the other man right in the eyes. "That thing was a spider! He's human. And we human get cures for diseases like those! I'm sure SOMEBODY SOMEWHERE can help him! So don't give me that 'he's already dead' crap without trying anything!" he all but yelled.

((It's hard to make a long post when you are in a discussion with someone. Haha.))
Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Simon looked down at the first two dwarves and was about to dejectedly leave when the third dwarf spoke up. Nodding his head in vigorous agreement he answered quickly, almost fearful that if he didn't the dwarf would have ample time to change his mind and go back on the statement. "I'll come with you, I have no idea where I am currently in this world so it will be really great to get to know this world. Maybe I can help you out later on? Teach you a few bits of technology?"

Niya widened her faintly luminescent eyes when Dela shouted the need for a doctor. While she wasn't able to help herself, she knew where to find one! Crawling back onto her hands and hindpaws, the girl responded "Niya...knows...where." she said, keeping her calm, soft tone despite their situation.

With the notion that she knew where to go, a few of her markings started to glow once again. Her form then started to rise up from the ground, her hair and tails floating in place as if she were submerged in calm waters..

"Follows...Niya" she calmly commanded, turning her form around within the same space. Then, when she was sure they had Meta secure and able to be carried, another marking on her tails illuminated and she moved forward, flying east towards town, appearing as if she was swimming through the air with her tails flowing gracefully behind her.
Nazga slithered his forked tongue between his teeth as his eyes continued to inspect the young lass at Baron's side. Many questions arose regarding the mask, but he decided that the less he knew, the better. His business was of utmost importance in his eyes and Baron's promise was more than enough for him to overlook the mystery shrouding the girl. Her turned to the rack of keys behind him, looking over the hooks until he found the correct room "Alright, here we are...." he says, reaching his right hand up to take the key down before turning back to face them again. He set the key on the counter, sliding it towards Baron while giving another side glance to the girl "I'm asssuming she wantss to eat as well? The kitchen is ssstill open.." he states, flicking his eyes back to the other male, awaiting for his leave so he could go back to resting...at least until another customer arrived. It was hard running a 24 hour service after all...

Nina remained quiet for the time being, her hidden glance shifting to Baron after his 'comments'. Her silence probably didn't help lessen her mysterious presence. A mask hid even her nonverbal expressions, but she still refused to show her face..even to Baron. At least, not yet..She still didn't even know his true intentions with her. She made it a stern intent for herself to stay aware. For now, food sounded like a wonderful plan..Her beef jerky could only provide so much, nutritionally. But...that led her to question. What exactly was food like in this 'new world'? Oh god, now she was scared. What if it was like in the movies? Some strange place where the food looks appauling, gross or even alive! She hoped for something similar to...deer or beef. Something that looked remotely edible.
The Blue Rifts (played by Hospex) Topic Starter

The brownhaired dwarf raised a hand to prevent the others from speaking. "Well whadda ya waiting for, let's go!" He raised his axe from the ground, resting it over his shoulder before turning around and walking towards a stump that clearly hadn't been a tree tor a long time. The redhaired shrugged at the whole situation before following the brownhaired.
The blackhaired seemed less interested in where the other two was going but instead looked at Simon - who to him was nothing but a boy. "How should'a kid like you show us anything?" he shook his head before following the others, not giving Simon a chance to answer.

The brownhaired dwarf raised a metal frame from the ground, an oil lamp. carefully he lit a small flame and closed the door in the square framework that incased the glass. He hung the lamp on his axe. Shortly after they all 3 had a lamp resting from the hilt in their axes. The redhaired and blackhaired picked up a backpack each and started walking without a care in the world, the brownhaired stood waiting for Simon to follow before he walked the same path as the two in front. "Simon eh? I should probably introduce meself, I'm Tol, Tol Spiderbasher" He raised a hand for a handshake without stopping in his tracks. "The two up front are Biror Oredigger and Raan Ironhelm" He pointed first to the redhaired and then the black.
Baron Sombreplume (played by Ignie)

Sombreplume laughed.

"If i want to eat? Of course, Nazga. You know how i LOVE your meat!" After all, Sombreplume liked everything coming from a dead creature. But he'd rather go for a soul. Unfortunately, this was a very rare meal.

"Tell your waiter and cook to give me and my guess a table, and your best meal, Nazga! Impress me, like always!"

The young waiter yawned and lead them to a table. When Sombreplume thanked him, he told him that if he truly desired something, he would just have to come to him. Nazga would know where he'll be. As the man nodded, he smiled. Another potential soul to yield.

He turned his head to Nina and said, still smiling.

"Don't worry, Nazga knows how to cook spiders and others creatures. Their meat is very tender. Well until... until something infected it while the creature was living. The taste is horrible then. But Nazga chooses his meat wisely. You'll se, darling, this will be delicious."

"No." Maxwell snapped, getting annoyed at Delastarh's subborn attitude, "He. Is. Not. FINE. Have you even looked at him? Those black... things all around his body! Have you even wondered what kind of things this will do to him? What kind of thing this will do to US?"

He glanced to Metaralis again. He still wasn't moving, but for how long? Were they already dead, staying like that? They needed to get out of this forrest, leaving all its danger. He turned to the Vixen and said, in the same tone he talked to Delastarh, too annoyed to change his tone of voice with a polite one:

"A town. Do you know where there's one?"

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus