Skip to main content

Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Nina raised an eyebrow at the man's choice of words as well as attitude, bringing her interest in traveling with him down quite considerably. Mean, she didn't have to help out her own kind..She could roam on her own, just her, Frog and Baron and be alright with it, but she decided to sympathize. "Look, you asked me. Also, it's ammunition or rounds, ammos just sounds...silly. And if you want me to cut to the chase, then fine. Yes, I am a human. No, I will not remove the mask at any point unless I deem necessary. Most importantly, if you're going to be sticking around us, don't ever think I'm incapable of anything because I'm small. It's a quick way to getting a boot in the face, fair warning. I am sorry about your friend and I do wish everyone well while we figure out how and why we ended up here." The girl explained, giving what information she felt was the most useful in a rather blunt manner...

"I'm Nina, by the way..Sit, eat...I assume Nazga will prepare you something similar to my meal. It tasted a bit gamey, kinda like elk or buffalo..." she shared, idly picking up her fork and poking at a loose cut of her meal that remained on her plate.
Maxwell Rockfield (played by Ignie)

Maxwell nodded, and looked at the piece of meat in front of him. his stomach groaned. he was so hungry and a meat would be the best gift he ever had right now.

"Listen," he said, " I'm... I'm sorry for what i said. I'm just tired and it's really easy to get on my nerves when i'm like that. The name's Maxwell Rockfield. I'm... i'm a freelance. Kinda." he added, he didn't wanted to say he was a hitman.

"I never said such a thing. Since you have a rifle, i suppose you can fight. and it's fine for me. If you're not a burden, then, that's ok."

he looked at Nina's plate and turned his eyes to Sombreplume's before wincing.

"what the heck is that? Isn't that....spider?"
Talayna Sky (played by BreezyDawn)

OOC - is it too much to ask for an overview for those of us coming in late to the game? Whereabouts of characters mostly just so when Talayna is introduced its not completely off base? The log is already very long. Thanks, no worries if you can't give an overview.
Dog Du' Evard (played by Miss)

Somewhere in the city, long left to be in the charge of the one-handed lagoon beast named Sam, Dog slept soundly in her large, bipedal form. The flat-finned and otherwise very fish like man kept a neat area with just a desk and a chair for furniture. He had vials of powerful sleeping medicines all sorted by labels lined up on the edge of his desk. A journal was partially opened, and Sam was busy writing in it, getting ready to administer today's dose to the prisoner.

But something caught his ear, or rather ear-fin. Someone nearby was calling out for someone, and he just -had- to go and investigate. Moving to the stairs up, he put his arm to the sewer grate and pushed it open, looking about. A strange tent and someone's legs were visible, until he pushed the grate all the way open. Pulling himself up, he rubbed his hand-fins together, looking the human over and over, "What-what is all this commotion? Why-why do you yell, beast?"

[Quick overview! Nina, the Baron, and Frog met sometime in the desert close by the city. Nina adopted Frog's mask after making a promise and the Baron came by from the woods to try and usher her towards the other humans. Three men, Maxwell and Delatarsh and one other were in the woods camped for the night, but were attacked by a spider beast. The third man was poisoned, so they made their way to the city to see a doctor after Niya, the small kitsune, found them in the woods and helped them find the city. Three characters are in the tavern, two are in the monster hospital with two others, one character is somewhere without an exact location, so I may have nudged them to be in a more concrete area, such as somewhere near the city. My newest character is near there as well.]

[OOC - thank you Dog =D]

Talayna sighed heavily, her soft soled leather boots crunching on a few dead leaves that were to lazy to waft away on the breeze created by the swing in her step. Her clothing was cut of a rough but thick cloth, the brown tunic portion ending just at her shoulders and an orange undershirt covering her arms to the wrists, keeping the metal bands encircling her upper left arm out of site (and hopefully out of mind). Better to keep those thoughts pushed way back for now. Her leggings were also of a thick but soft cloth and were haphazardly tucked into the soft leather books she wore.

A hood lightly lined with fur was pulled up to help shield her face and tipped ears from the nip in the fall air, though several loose fiery strands could be seen. She habitually reached up to tuck any of the few feathers that stirred among the strands of her hair, back into the recesses of the hood.

Her clear amber eyes followed the path ahead of her as she methodically continued on her way towards Phoenix. The city loomed before her. It's expanse had only been seen as a dot when she began her journey from high on the Blue Mountain. She had finally taken her leave of the sorceress who had given her shelter and taught her the use of her limbs and tongue once again. 'Kind' could only be used relatively when describing this sorceress. The two had formed a kinship of sorts out of mutual hatred for the evil king who's domain stretched far and wide - the one who's trusted evil sorcerer she had only recently escaped from. But.. well the sorceress wasn't kind. Her mannerisms were rude and course and her motives were mostly self -interested. Talayna couldn't fault her for any of this, however, she only felt a deep gratitude for the aid she had received, and felt the debt she owed keenly.

As the city Phoenix grew ever larger to her angled eyes, she tried hard to keep thoughts of her past away. She would lock them up tightly for now, possibly for re-examination when she felt she was ready. For now, her thoughts were mostly on her aching muscles - which after only a year of learning to use them again, still needed strength training. She was unused to long days of travel.

All this was not to say, however, that the past week of travel had not been the most free, exhilarating, and happy she could recall. Indeed, nothing but herself, sky, wind, and forest had been needed to rekindle her sense of well-being. Now, the thought of being within the most likely bustling city almost overwhelmed her. It needed to be done, however. She needed to gather her bearings and glean what information she could, to at least try and make a plan of sorts. The sorceress had taught her a sampling of the most common tongues that were used in these parts, so she was hopeful that any communication she needed to do, was something she could handle. That wasn't to say she wouldn't try to avoid any and all communication - but she would do what needed to be done. She always had.
Blackarrow (played by Scarletwolf)

"Who are you?" She said looking down at him with her head titled but her hair falling over her eye and her face was hidden against her hair and hoodie. What's your name and why are you under there more of where am I last thing I remember was nothing I'm looking for people like me have you've seen people like me" she asked.

[You're welcome!]

The fishman scratched at his scaled neck as he observed the strange pink beast, "Who-who am I? I am Sam, the Gillman." He was fairly shorter than the human, and had wide, webbed feet. The human started speaking so rapidly that Sam became a little dizzy, the sound vibrating his inner ear too quickly. Grabbing his head, he held it as it spun about slowly, "I, my name is Sam, the Gillman, but please, slow down. Slow, slow..." He pushed his web hand against the air in a downward motion.

Standing straight, he placed his webbed hands on his hips, "I look after dangerous beasts, I do. But...what did you want again?" Then Dog, below the city's surface, opened her delightfully red eyes and smiled a smile full of teeth. Her form twisted and bent itself at strange angles, trying to break free of her binds. Eventually, she pulled her arms together and caused the wall behind her to give and crumble, two chunks of wall snapping forward and landing upon the ground. The chains still bound Dog's wrists, but she turned her head of silver fur and fangs to the ceiling and released a howl that echoed throughout the city streets, "AWWOOOOOOOOOO!" Then another, and another!

Sam became very pale for a fishman, turning his shaking body around to face the sewer grate, "What-what have I done...the beast is free." Back to Blackarrow, "We-we must flee! She will-will come for my keys!" The fishman hobbled and bounced as quickly as he could, but he traveled slowly when compared to humans.

"My name is black arrow" she stood straight and kept her hoodie over her face so the other person couldn't see her eyes. "Where do you come from" she asked Sam. "Is it okay if I call you Sam" she asked Sam. "Here I have a place to hide" she told sam as she grabbed some leaves and things and made a cloak for two and gave one to Sam and she covered herself up with hers and hide with the leaves and things.
The Blue Rifts (played by Hospex) Topic Starter

OOC Notice, please read this before proceeding

I have decided to create a list of NPC as they are introduced, this list will be in the original post in this forum. If you have created and introduced an NPC before this post, please send a few details about them in a PM to me.
I ask for the NPC's race, name, possible job, and just to make sure, the charactername who introduced the NPC to the RP.
I will make sure to add all NPC created after this post, but should I miss one please let me know of this!

In addition I will be adding a few details for the use of NPC in the original post. They can be found under edits. Please read this for future reference.
Thank you all for your patience. Enjoy the RP!
Name: Linali LoreWeaver Henshi
Sex:Female
Species:Werewolf/angel hybrid
height:5'0
Weight:96
Physical:Pure white furred small wolven fae with wings of silvery feathers.
Eyes:Blue clouded(blind)
Personality:Quiet,kind and gentle female.
History:Grew up within the tribe of her family, her brother taking care of her. Once both where old enough they bought and run a tavern within the forest of Naviah.
Abilities: Control of Light and Water,flight,foresight angle form.

If this is acceptable please let me know, also for languages- Lupni, and angelic as well as some deamon tounge due to her brothers lineage.
The Blue Rifts (played by Hospex) Topic Starter

Linali Loreweaver Henshi wrote:
Name: Linali LoreWeaver Henshi
Sex:Female
Species:Werewolf/angel hybrid
height:5'0
Weight:96
Physical:Pure white furred small wolven fae with wings of silvery feathers.
Eyes:Blue clouded(blind)
Personality:Quiet,kind and gentle female.
History:Grew up within the tribe of her family, her brother taking care of her. Once both where old enough they bought and run a tavern within the forest of Naviah.
Abilities: Control of Light and Water,flight,foresight angle form.

If this is acceptable please let me know, also for languages- Lupni, and angelic as well as some deamon tounge due to her brothers lineage.

Hello You have send your application in the wrong forum. Please repost this at the correct which can be found here;
http://www.rprepository.com/community/forumthread.php?t=29570&p=1
[Hey is this the main chat and if it is should I just join in casually or should I find a specific person to RP with?]

[OOC - Nametaker - I believe that is up to you!]

Talayna now stood before the city gates, she had stopped just outside it without thinking. Her clear amber eyes gauged the city walls, as if judging their height and strength should she need to escape in a hurry. Shaking her head she forced herself to give a civil nod to the guards who manned the gate. They didn't respond, nor was it their job to. They just eyed her as she moved passed.

She wasted no time in scanning the cobbled streets for an inn suitable to house her for at least several nights while she got her plans in order. Having only the coins the old sorceress had given her (not many, for what did an old hermit-ess need coin for?) She judged that she would be able to live here for a week at most if she was careful. Finding what looked to be a popular building, which had a rather inviting glow shining from the door which was left slightly ajar, she decided this at least looked like it could be an inn. On closer inspection, the sign hanging just outside the door did indeed specify it as such. Steeling herself for close quarters she pushed open the door and strode in, her gate tired but determined. Immediately she took in the diverse species throughout the common room, which seemed to double as a tavern. Trying to avoid catching any eyes she strode to the front and gauged the snake-like being that was behind the counter, measuring her words before she spoke.

"I would like a room for three days, please, and for now I would like cider and bread as well.." She kept her voice courteous, but to the point. Remembering the cautioning words of the sorceress just as she was heading out, she made sure her posture was one that expected no less than her request. She would not be taken advantage of - at least, she hoped. As she awaited a response from the snake-man she heaved an inward and mental sigh. Sliding into common life, being back in the world and part of it's entanglements, was not going to be easy.

"Asss you wissh, young lady.." The snake-man replied. He then gestured at a the room. "You may take your leisssure here while your rooom and refressshment iss prepared. Will you eat here or in your rooom?" His speech was on the slow side and the 's' sounds seemed to make her ears tingle slightly. Keeping a shiver from becoming too visible, she lifted her chin and replied "In my room, thank you." Then did as the snake-man suggested, looking for a vacant corner table to rest her weary muscles. One day, she would regain her once lithe and easy mannerisms - which were inherent to her elven kind. but alas, that seemed slow in returning.

From her vantage point, hood still up, she felt now able to move her clear amber gaze around the room, catching each person in a momentary gaze as she quickly sized them up before returning her gaze to the Tavern Inn's doorway, watching the only way out of the building.
[Okay thank you!]
Tybalt stands atop the roof of a building withing the city watching silently as the waves of people move below. It's been standing there for over an hour now and hasn't moved an inch, actually to the point where a pigeon began to rest on its shoulder. Now someone was knocking on the hatch which led to the roof. Suddenly the Nametaker reaches out and grabs the poor bird, before it could even think it was dead, it's neck snapped by the beings large gauntlet. More knocks, Tybalt removes itself from its perch and goes to open the hatch.

"Hello comrade, I'm glad to see you made it here alright. I hope you haven't brought any excessive attention with you as well."

"...no..."

The response was from a scratchy, almost forced voice which could only be made by the Mimic companion of Tybalt, Wallace.

Tybalt extends it's arm with the dead bird in hand.

"I found you a snack my friend."

Wallace snatches the dead bird without thought and immediately shoves it into his Chest head, chomping down loudly until only red mush remains.

"Thank... you..."

They stand looking around in silence for a good moment. Tybalt eventually speaks...

"Well Wallace... I can't be mad with that adorable face of yours. I'm not mad just very disappointed in you, but considering that you somehow managed to gamble away all of our currency within the time span of five hours were going to have to do some grueling work to gain at least half as much back. So what would you suggest we do first my compulsive friend."

Wallace scratches the metal frame of his chest.

"Bounty?"

"No Wallace we already took all of the bounties available..."

"Hunt?"

"Wallace what do you mean by hunt? Be more descriptive"

Wallace does a throat slitting gesture with his hand.

"Oh... I personally feel like that's going to become too messy, I just bought these clothes after all."

Wallace makes a strange grunt.

"Tavern?"

"Good thinking Wallace! There always tends to be work related to our line within those kind of establishments, I'll head over and see what I can dig up. You go frighten children into giving you money, I know it's petty but we at least need something to get by. Well see you around my compatriot!"

Tybalt opens up a portal and walks through it, eventually It closes.
Simon Haydn (played by Thekaleidoscope)

Simon continued his half crouched walk alongside the dwarf only speaking again once asked the question. "I'm nineteen. May I ask you...." The rest of his question was cut short by the signal to stop. Looking around for a few seconds he wondered at the cease in movement, only to realize it was due to the noise a few seconds later.
As the beast approached Simon gazed at it slack-jawed, his mind drinking in the sight. It was a magnificent creature, he had never seen anything like it in his life. Though his reaction after the initial awe of the creature was a bit more suspicious in nature as cogs turned in his head. If this creature looks like this then it must be truly a magical creature... though is it a good one or an evil one? I can't trust magic much... It put me in this position at any rate. I may have met the dwarves from it, but it took my family.
His look remained one of amazement, all apart from his eyes. Those hardened slightly, betraying the tiny air of suspicion that spread through his body.

Sam looked confused when the human introduced herself, "But I didn't ask. I, yes, Sam the Gillman -is- my name." But he quickly followed Arrow into the makeshift leaves and scrambled for cover. Trying not to shake, he swallowed loudly.

Dog could be seen with one brick of stone being launched upwards and out of the sewer grate hole. Then the other flew up, as Dog's furred hands pulled her up. She soon stood as a half-beast, fur covering her decency, hands, and around her neck and ankles. Smiling to herself, "My, it's been such a long time..." Then she noticed a tent nearby. Looking to each side, she shrugged her shoulders, "My fans must have all vanished, waiting for my awakening. Poor babies!"

She dragged the stones behind her and peeked into the tent, "Hello? Anyone here?" Smiling slowly, she kicked down the tent and started collecting it in her arms, "Well, I suppose this is mine now." And if there was anything else in that tent, she would likely start to collect it in a makeshift pack to sling over her shoulder.

Blackarrow came out of hiding and was now made at the person who broke down her tent. "Hey you!!! What do you think your problem is huh?" She said really mad but kept her hoodie over her face. "I worked really hard on making that tent and that had all my stuff in it well most of it anyways" she siad at the person. "Make your own tent and stuff don't steal others" she siad. great what can be worse I came in a place I don't know don't know where any humans are don't have any freinds I look like I'm a crazy person that escaped a place what else can go wrong not like anyone would think I'm a monster out to destroy everything no I'm only a bartender and a warrior nothing else well I am a girl and I act like a boy but I have the right. She thought to herself

Dog stood up, a little shorter than Arrow and thinner in stature. But she looked at the human with a peculiar interest, hoisting the tent over her shoulder, "Me? Yes, me. I am the ruler of my own destiny." She flicked her silver tail to the side and scratched at her inner leg with a foot, making a face, "Your things? Oh no no, these are -my- things. Finders keepers, you know." Then she leaned her head forward, "You have some strange things on. How about I trade you my tent and whatever's inside for what you have on you, hmm? Sounds fair, right?" There was a smile of canine teeth.

Then Sam also stood up from hiding, brushing the leaves off of him, "That isn't your rightful property, wolf-wolf!" He shook his finger at her, but had to scrape every last leaf off of his arms in the meantime. Dog lifted her foot and made a delighted dance-spin with her other foot, her form stopping in place, "You! Your just the person I was looking for. And I'm sorry, what did you say?" Sam frowned deeply, "What-what I said was-was.." Dog interrupts with her free hand to her ear, "What? Sorry, fur in the ear." Sam started to steam, "What-what I said was-was--" "What? Sorry, I'm, I'm not even listening." Dog laughs, but then calms down, "But seriously, how about I give you your things and don't bite, and you give me his keys?"

Almost at a boiling point, Sam had his hands balled up into fists, shouting at the top of his lungs, "What-what I said was-was!" Then his eyes grew big, as he looked between Dog and Arrow, "You can't! That's against the law!" But his keys jingled near his hip, just...jingling there.

She looks at them and she pulls out a notebook. "You mean this old thing what's it worth to you" she said laughing. "Ha you guys remind me of when I was in battle and I did that to a... Never mind" she said as she kept her hoodie on so they couldn't tell she was a girl. bleh how do this people live with all this fighting jeese k couldn't even fight this much she thought

You are on: Forums » Fantasy Roleplay » The Blue Rifts

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ben, Darth_Angelus