Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Hybrid Elder (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

Elder rolled to his feet weakly, eyes still covered.

Silenia stood, grateful that they couldn't see. ''Yesss....The ssun, the light that erases the night.''
With the sunlight restoring some of his normalcy, Sterling recalled his duty. "Alright, I'm honor-bound to say this: if I catch either of you hunting or hurting humans, I have to slay you. So please do me the favor of doing neither. Especially since we all managed to get out of this hole together."

He still carried the battle axe with him, and he hefted it experimentally. It might make a decent weapon until he got back home...except that it was so blasted heavy that if he encountered a Were or a Vamp, he'd be toast long before he could check his swing.

''Ssssun!'' Elder hissed, still covering his eyes. One could see the monsterous human now, missing his tail. He had wite fur with black claws and toes, and three chipped horns on his head. And missing his thumb on his left hand.

Silenia scoffs. ''I can't die, remember?''
Sterling waved his hand in dismissal. "That's just a detail. I'll update your information back at the guild, but if you'd stop hurting people, you'll quit dying and coming back so often."

He turned to look at Hybrid Elder. "And you stick out waaay too much to blend in anywhere." He frowned and sighed. This is why being a good samaritan never helped. "Why am I always stuck in these situations? I should have just killed you back in the pit."
Silenia (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

''Elder is a human very much like you are in terms of heritage. His rampage existed because brawlers tried killing him and all fell to his bladed tail. But with it gone, what does he have to defend himsself?'' Silenia hissed, scowling a bit.
Sterling scowled. "I guess it's too much to assume it will regrow?" But he looked down at his leg. "I'll look after him for now, I suppose. I'm not going much of anywhere until my leg heals, and if Hybrid is still too blinded by the sun...he'll need help readjusting to the real world."

He turned to Hybrid Elder. "Well? What do you think? You want to come with me and see the world? Or would you rather stay with her undying highness?"

''Hiss!'' Elder replied, still reeling from the sunlight, covered in dust and webs, and stained red fur.

''I shall retreat to my cage until duty calls for a foolish hunter to challenge me, or help is needed.'' Silenia snarled, and headed back to their cage, front end dragging behind, leaving a trail of ooze and blood.
Sterling watched Silenia go. He shuddered at the trail of slime, ooze, and blood she left behind though. "I'll warn people to steer clear, elsewise its their own fault for being massacred."

He looked at Hybrid. "You mind using one of your bladed arms to hack off a--never mind, I got this." He limped his way over to a tree and swung his battle axe, cleaving a solid branch clean through.

He picked it up turned it a little, and then hacked at it again. By the time he was done, he'd made a crutch--enough to lean on. "Also, I'll take my coat back, if you don't mind."

Elder took ot off carefully, the hard ooze barely visible against his white fur. He held it out to Sterling, growling.
"Thank you." Sterling snatched the trench coat free and gave it a solid shake to air it out. He grimaced when he saw the bloodstains on it, but refrained from commenting.

"What are you growling for?" he asked, slipping on his jacket once more. "You know that's never going to help you in the real world--except to scare innocent bystanders." Behold, the first lesson: acceptable social behaviors. He had a feeling that he would long for the day when he had a willing mentee, rather than a grudging half-human experiment

Elder snorted. ''Bestanders that meck me for what I em, not fer he I act.'' He hissed, coughing a bit.
Sterling sighed. "Everyone encounters someone like that in their life. You just gotta learn to ignore them and make it clear that your better than they are." He snorted at how cheesy that sounded. "Anyway, I daresay you won't have anyone ready to start a fight with you."

Elder hacked up a shard of the axe, then rubbed his bleeding throat a bit. ''......''
Sterling just looked at Elder too surprised to comment. "Well then..." he started for town, trying to recall when Elder had taken a bite of his axe. Maybe from when he had first swung and...oh right.

"Um, how's your shoulder, by the way?"

Elder would have spoken, but his throat was bleeding and his vocal cords were severed. All he could manage was a low gutteral growl.
Sterling paused and realized something was amiss. There was too much blood and Hybrid wasn't talking. "Alright, scratch that, let's get you to a healer."

He grabbed Elder's arm and pulled him along; wincing as he crutched his way to the nearest town he could remember leaving. He knew of at least one healer there--and the man would ask few questions. He could only hope.

''Grrck...'' Elder said, cringing, holding his hand over his throat. He didn't know he had a secret ability, which was still in sleep within him.
It took a while to get to the town, and a little bit longer to find the healer, but when they did, Sterling told him the story of what had happened.

The healer looked at Sterling's leg and then at Elder's throat. "You want me to heal him?" He looked meaningfully at Sterling.

The Hunter narrowed his eyes and the healer got the idea. "Very well, please sit down, sir." He indicated the cot where Elder was to sit. "You may want to watch your, ah, hands and feet." He had noticed the blades, but he also trusted Sterling.

Elder sat where he was shown to, his bladed hands closed and what was left of his tail curled around his feet. He didn't say anything, but cringed from the bleeding, starting to feel lightheaded once more.
Sterling watched anxiously, in spite of himself, as the healer knelt before the wounded man and pressed one hand to the wounded throat, the other to Hybrid's temple.

For a tense moment nothing happened. And then the Healer was pouring in whatever healing magic he could find. If it worked, Hybrid Elder would be back to his normal self; fully healed. If not, at least the majority of wounds and his throat would be back to normal.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus