Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Hybrid Elder (played by Kyra45) Topic Starter

The hidden power with Elder stirred breifly...

Which turned Elder into a wolf with blades after he got healed fully. ''......Yarff....???'' Elder said, confused.
The Healer stumbled back, surprised by the sudden change. "You didn't tell me that he wasn't human!" But he looked down at his hands and then shook them as though getting rid of whatever strange magic lingered on them still.

Sterling was just as surprised, and not in a good way. "The hell? He was human! He's not a were--" he cut himself off, not daring to say the forbidden word. He didn't want to think of Elder that way, and he didn't think Weres had blades either.

The healer recovered faster than Sterling did and grabbed the Hunter by his arm. "Okay, you're next. Sit carefully." Sterling sat, still staring at the wolf, before he felt the magic healing ability stir in his blood; the injury in his leg began to itch as it healed quickly.

Elder thought silently for a minute, then attempted to change into a human form. Failing, as his bladed tail remained, though sharpened to a point. His fur was silky white, horns still jagged and shattered.

''It appears to be an ability I didn't know I possessed....'' Elder muttered with a rough voice that sounded like a male.
Sterling felt better as soon as the healer finished and he felt the cast disintegrate. He breathed a sigh of relief, no longer needing the hardened ooze on his leg.

"Thanks, sir." Sterling said, handing him a bag in excess of the typical payment. "Let's go, Hybrid, maybe staying as a wolf is better right now. Unless you like...why do you have white fur?"

Elder sighed. ''Pale skim became a thin layer of white fur I have. Those humans and their testing...'' As he changed back to his wolf form, blades on his tail and head.
Sterling resisted the urge to pet the bladed wolf. Funny how a little thing like patting a furry creature could leave you with a stump for an arm--and you wouldn't even realize your mistake until you were bleeding.

"Is that why you have so many blades? Further experi--er, testing?" he shuddered at the idea of how the experimenters might have introduced the blades in the first place. It wasn't natural, that much was certain.

''Yes...Further testing allowed them to alter many things within me. Eventually they created these razor sharp blades, which are sharp enough to slice through most thing with ease. These blades will always be with me, and the few stitches where they removed my innards...''
Sterling shook his head, and subconsciously put a hand to his stomach. Having innards removed was a new concept to him--and not a pleasant one. "Well, on the one hand, at least you're able to protect yourself now. You can defend yourself, right? Have you had any training?"

''I fight only with my tail blade. No one has trained me.''
Sterling stopped where he was, his jaw actually hanging open. "So...so you've only been flailing your tail in attacks?" He looked at Elder's remaining blades. "You have so much potential that you wouldn't need to rely solely on that.

He hesitated briefly and then said the words he might regret later on. "I can train you, if you'd like."

''Really?'' He hissed lightly, shredded ears perked up lightly, mismatched eyes gazing at Sterling. ''You would?..''
Sterling nodded, relishing the enthusiasm that Hybrid gave off. "I would." He almost smiled. "We can begin as soon as I toss word to the Guild that Silenia shouldn't be considered a target, and I'll try to pick up a sword along the way. Does that sound good?"

''And no one here will try killing me?''
Sterling shrugged. "I'm not saying they will or won't, but if you can defend yourself, you might not end up dead quite so fast. If you're asking whether I'm going to kill you--the answer is no. For now."

''For now? So you'll end up killing me eventually...''
"Only if you actively seek out a human target," Sterling clarified. "I won't harm you otherwise; you have my word as a Hunter on the Guild. Oh, speaking of which, we're at the Guild. You want to stay here or come inside?" He waited patiently for Hybrid Elder to decide.

''Well, I've never been here before. Only labs and fighting zones..''
"Oh, well...as long as you're not sensitive to holy water or crucifexes, you should be fine. Just try not to touch anything if you want to follow me in--it'll just take a minute anyway."

Sterling squared his shoulders and entered the guild, pushing open the wooden doors to the solid building. They led to a foyer where a couple of other Hunters stood chatting--though Sterling ignored them.

Instead he walked straight to a young man sitting behind a desk, writing Wanted posters. "Hey, I got an update regarding Silenia--the creature who's been killing Hunters and humans at an alarming rate." The quill stopped in mid stroke as the man looked up in surprise. "She--it's immortal and only kills to protect itself. So take Silenia off the list unless you want more Hunters to die."

''Not to mention that Silenia lives in nightmares.'' Elder grumbled.
The man behind the counter sighed. "Look, I don't make the rules I just post bounties. I'll make sure to pass on the info though."

Sterling nodded. "Please see that you do. Also, I'd like to request another sword; I seem to have lost mine."

The man thrust a quill at Sterling. "Sign and then take your pick from the back room."

Sterling made his signature and then went to what was hardly a closet and drew out a sheathed sword. "Good enough. Let's go."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » Silence and stillness (open)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus