Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Winter Art Trade 2016!

Mikitfence wrote:
Dabbler or Devotee? I'm gonna roll with dabbler

*squints*
Owelle wrote:
Mikitfence wrote:

*squints*

I've never been in a contest before! And I'm super out of shape. xD
Mikitfence wrote:
Owelle wrote:
Mikitfence wrote:

*squints*

It's not a contest! :D It's just a trade, they're super fun and chilled out. You're one of my favourite artists, I think you belong in the devotee category (not that it really matters which category you're in, anyway, I just think you sell your fine self short too much).
Mikitfence wrote:
Owelle wrote:
Mikitfence wrote:

*squints*

I've commissioned you before and your art is lovely. Totes devotee-worthy. :)
o u guys. I'll change it I guess? idkkkkkkkkkkk
Mikitfence wrote:
o u guys. I'll change it I guess? idkkkkkkkkkkk

It's really up to you hun, but these art trades are definitely really chill. Don't worry about it too much. <3
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yessum
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee
Why did you choose that category? Entered last two times as.
Please link to three examples of recent artwork you have completed:
Examples
2Xf8POL.png
GrDC24s.png
nygCFPE.png

Character Name: Emmalina
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/Emmalina
Species: Furred and feathered dragon with a humanoid form.
Personality: Calm, easy going and all round pleasant.
Brief physical description of the character: Very feminine. Wears long dresses and feminine attire as a rule. Hair usually left down or in intricate braids. Splash of teal above silver eyes that looks like make up but us actually markings. long canines if shown.
Suggested environments: Forest, or lavish manor type homes/gardens.
Anything else we need to know: Not a modern character, no modern clothing/scenery.

Character Name: Ah
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/mouthtail
Species: Demonic Tailmouth
Personality: Indulgent, arrogant and lazy.
Brief physical description of the character: Third eye in forehead is always open. Eyes usually glow. Currently sporting an undercut hairstyle. Thick fur around his shoulders. Usually in Arabian style clothing, or simple harem pants. Only has 1 horn. Teeth are sharp if shown. Tongue for tail and his mouth are blue.
Suggested environments: Opium den, anywhere with plush pillows and silks.
Anything else we need to know: Not a modern character, no modern clothing/scenery.

Character Name: Brokk (Vince as Alias)
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=63981&page=138887
Species: Forest fae.
Personality: Cheerful, impish and bright.
Brief physical description of the character: Always in his glasses. One eye is green, one is gold. Typically found in hipster type fashion, can have fun with that. Young, so has a slight bit of chin scruff to make him look older.
Suggested environments: City, forest, apartment, gardens.. anything goes.
Anything else we need to know: Modern character. If you like the look of his fae form more, feel free to draw that instead. If so, his skin glimmers with gold dust, his eyes are solid and glowing, ears are pointed and no glasses.
I hope i'm not too late :(

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee
Why did you choose that category? I do nice enough art and have entered these before.
Please link to three examples of recent artwork you have completed:

Character Name: Gibbit
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/gibbit
Species: Swamp Troll
Personality: Strong, extremely determined, kind hearted
Brief physical description of the character: see page
Suggested environments: Forest (maybe with nature spirits if you were feeling adventurous) or medieval fantasy town
Anything else we need to know: You can explore new outfits with him if you want.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Don't want the characters drawn together.

Character Name: Bhavesh
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/bhavesh
Species: Croc-Dragon Hybrid
Personality: Snob, Loud laugher, shallow, rich/royal and holds himself as such
Brief physical description of the character: A very large draconic crocodilian. The eyes glow as does the inside of the mouth and so do the spines along his body AT TIMES. His skin tone changes depending on time of day, usually. During the day he is blue to match the ocean and at night a dark midnight black (as seen on the page).
Suggested environments: Under water, among romanesque scenery perhaps, in a palace, drinking and eating, etc.
Anything else we need to know: See desc

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Don't want the characters drawn together.

Character Name: Jaspur
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/jaspur or http://sta.sh/2zqxv6tgtei?edit=1
Species: Elf
Personality: Grumpy, irritable, sassy, sweet at times, tired, worn down
Brief physical description of the character: see page
Suggested environments: At or around a wagon, in a forest, out in nature in strange places studying dragons or other magical beasts.
Anything else we need to know: He CAN be drawn as his manticore form or dragon form if you want to try and do that.

Loki Topic Starter

Alright guys, had an unexpectedly very busy day. Submissions are closed and you will all soon be receiving a PM with the artist you'll be drawing for! :)
Loki Topic Starter

Okay, PMs are sent! :) I extended the trade by one day to make up for sending these out so late. Have fun everyone! <3
Loki Topic Starter

Just reminding everyone that there is one day and a few hours left to work on your entries! :) Everything is due on Jan 6th!
I'm super excited! ^ o ^

Had a little bit of a rush these last couple days, but I'm raring to go! :'D
Warning = My piece will have bad quality until we arrive home from a looong car trip. This is what you get for traditional
art and forgetting to scan stuff before vacation
Might go few hours to the 7th
TinyCentaur

Ahhhhh finally!

Would it be okay if I were to post my work at midnight? I'm super excited to share it. (Plus it would be the 6th heh)
Loki Topic Starter

Usually people start posting as soon as its midnight in the US :)
TinyCentaur

Oooo, okay. As long as the mods are okay with me posting at midnight GMT time, I'll do it!
Loki Topic Starter

I think it will be fine :) just keep in mind your trade partner has all day on the sixth to post what they drew for you :)
YO CLAINE, HERE IS TSANE

ef0b42dfe5e1ae00377bd2fcfaab8703.png

I felt like drawing Tsane confronted with the prospect of his suppressant failing and him turning into a Werewolf in front of his eyes.
TinyCentaur

WOOO!

Okay, here I go. Heedragon, here's your precious son!

wat2_by_tiny_centaur-daq7s6r.png

I also went a little overboard and ended up drawing him an Icon too!

wat1_by_tiny_centaur-daq7s72.png

I hope you like it! I love his design and I was trying so hard not to approach you in fear it would give me away. But I'd totally love to RP with you some time with this guy! <3
Claine Moderator

Mori wrote:
YO CLAINE, HERE IS TSANE

ef0b42dfe5e1ae00377bd2fcfaab8703.png

I felt like drawing Tsane confronted with the prospect of his suppressant failing and him turning into a Werewolf in front of his eyes.

Aaaaa thank you so much Mori! I'm really stoked with this!

Here's mine for Corvus

B14qePw.jpg

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Winter Art Trade 2016!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus