Skip to main content

Forums » Art & Creativity » Winter Art Trade 2016!

...Should I switch to devotee? It seems like I have a chance of being the only dabbler if I don't. I have been drawing seriously for years...I just need some polishing before I'm perfect, is that a problem or no?
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? ye ye
Dabbler or Devotee? devotee
Why did you choose that category? been drawing since 2006
Please link to three examples of recent artwork you have completed:
Examples
8b7Uatw.png
FqrNPss.png
ay5F1Pc.png

Character Name: Faeliteas
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:
RPR
Current Reference Note: The white in her hair can either be fading or extremely strong, it's up to the artist at that point how they'd like to incorporate it.
Outfit One
Outfit Two

Species: Cinihel
Personality: Her body is weak and failing constantly and has no need for affection from others and doesn't want her health to burden anyone. Extremely prejudice and distrustful of other races and species, as her race places the blame of the plague on the outside races. Always has a scowl on her face, but it's just resting bitch face.
Brief physical description of the character: Thin, fragile, sickly, sunken in cheeks, bags under eyes, long brittle white nails. Still has a youthful look to her, but definitely looks a bit older because of the illness. Hair is long down to her bum and is turning white from the tips up.
Suggested environments: Candle-lit rooms, no technology, fireplaces, lounging on a massive bed fit for a noble.
Anything else we need to know: She's meanie on purpose.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Nope
Sanne Moderator

Dragoncat wrote:
...Should I switch to devotee? It seems like I have a chance of being the only dabbler if I don't. I have been drawing seriously for years...I just need some polishing before I'm perfect, is that a problem or no?

There are still 2 weeks before entries close - I'd give it until then, wait and see. :) It's never happened that one category came up short with entries in the past 5+ years these contests have been run. I know a dabbler friend of mine is considering entering, plus a few other people are considering it too!
Loki Topic Starter

Dragoncat wrote:

You will not be the only dabbler. Sign ups are open for two weeks, this is only day two for sign ups being open :)
Okay. I guess I'm getting too excited xD Like, I know they're open for 2 weeks but somehow I thought it'd been longer.

Patience is not one of my virtues...
PANGAEA

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Mhmm.
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee
Why did you choose that category? I've been drawing for years and I've had my share of A.P. art classes.
Examples
nyxeus_w__colour_pencil_by_spi11ed1nk-d9oy2su.jpg

maurice_by_spi11ed1nk-daf4rfy.png

gl-27530-1473786519.jpg

Character Name: Khali Maurice
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Profile
Species: Leonin
Personality: Narcissistic; offensive; an 'all or nothing' attitude; arduous; deceitful
Brief physical description of the character: A vodun of undeniable African decent. Lean and adorned with piercings (gauges, bridge, and septum) and tribal incisions decorating his arms and left cheek. He has a heavy braid of red/auburn dreads extending slightly beyond his backside. Prominent facial features such as distinct cheekbones, strong jaw, and a wide nose. Ears are slightly pointed and curved. Eyes are heavily outlined in black contrasting to his yellow sclera and green irises. He also has an additional scar through his left eye.

Khali clothes himself in modern African dress. Here is a reference. PM me if you'd like specifics.
Suggested environments: Background doesn't need to be included, but if you prefer it. I'd suggest an urban modern city.

Anything else we need to know: Many of Khali's expressions are forced and faked. He carries an underlying hatred and considers himself sovereign.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade?
Yes
Dabbler or Devotee?
Dabbler
Why did you choose that category?
I've only been drawing frequently for about 8 months.
Examples
ilvermorny_student_by_damianwayne1-dabzc0h.jpg
Drawn with only pencil. No references

daughter_of_the_star_maiden_by_damianwayne1-dae585h.jpg
Pencil then colored pencils. 1 small Reference.

scarletprince___a_kiss_by_damianwayne1-danf5xo.jpg
Drawn with mechanical pencil then used copic inking pens. 1 small template reference for hair waves

Character Name: Valentine
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://damianwayne1.deviantart.com/art/Valentine-Miraculous-Ladybug-OC-626455003
Species: Human
Personality: Valentine is always sticking her nose places, snooping around for a good story. She has spunk and can be very stubborn. She doesn’t like backing down from anything.
Brief physical description of the character: She has red hair an blue eyes. As Valentine she always wears black but as Lady Swan her outfit is white.
Suggested environments:The city (Paris)
Anything else we need to know: It's not necessary to draw Sweety (her Kwami) as well. I'm just hoping that Valentine, either in her civilian clothes or hero outfit, can be drawn by someone else other than me. Oh, and she's a journalist.

Character Name: Talia Cat Forester
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://damianwayne1.deviantart.com/art/Daughter-of-the-star-maiden-628420229
Species:Half dragon
Personality: Cat is a rebellious teenager. She likes going to bars and parties just to spite her mother. She hates the responsibility of what she has to grow up to be. In all honesty she just needs someone to love
Brief physical description of the character: Cat is 5'8 with long, thick, straight black hair. Her eyes are an electric blue. Her wings are black with blue scales. She likes wearing tank tops and crop tops with gloves of assorted types and long pants with belts and combat boots
Suggested environments: Open field, party or rooftop
Anything else we need to know: Her wings don't have to be drawn! She doesn't have her wings out all the time because she needs to blend in with the humans

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Sure, but it would be fine if you just drew one or the other
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes.
Why did you choose that category? I've participated in all previous RPR art trades as a devotee with no issues.

Character Name: Lanier
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://fav.me/da4ppci & http://www.rprepository.com/c/lanier
Species: Bearcat
Personality: Stoic, calculating, sarcastic at times.
Brief physical description of the character: I've posted a full reference above. He can be drawn with his hair loose, his left eye is missing and he wears a glass prosthetic, tail is prehensile, fingertips are clawed and his outfit is not overly important - anything fitting an airship captain/nobleman who doesn't try particularly hard is fine.
Suggested environments: Low-tech. Airship. Beach. Not fussy, he gets around.
Anything else we need to know: Nope.

Character Name: Justine
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/ladyjustine
Species: Human/Vampire
Personality: Sassy, snarky, seductive, sometimes cold.
Brief physical description of the character: Hourglass shape, long black curly hair, pale green eyes, eerily pale skin. Dresses in chic outfits - there's some on her RPR page, but anything stylish and dark-hued is fine. Always wears heels. Does not have fangs.
Suggested environments: Modern-tech.
Anything else we need to know: If you need a faceclaim to help draw her, she's loosely based on Kate Beckinsale, but it's not really important.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Preferably not since they exist in vastly different universes.
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yep
Dabbler or Devotee? I'm gonna roll with dabbler Devotee
Why did you choose that category? Because Elle made me I do art a lot sort of.

Character Name: Chloette
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=7506&page=15381
Species: Domestic feline! York Chocolate
Personality: Aloof, her attention swings like a pendulum from one thing to the next - constantly distracted. Has a Prof. Trelawney vibe sometimes. On the bizarre/eccentric end of the scale, loves sparkly things. Generally kind, sometimes overtly affectionate, sometimes obnoxious. Usually likable.
Brief physical description of the character: She has no markings, all dark brown, short fur. Long, floofy tail, green eyes, pastel purple faux hawk. Her features are angular and quirky - loosely based on Natalie Dormer in appearance. Her build is elongated and thin, modest curves, more soft than athletic, and she's almost always dressed in something with lace, usually patchwork and Romani in appearance.
Suggested environments: Air ship, outdoors, somewhere draped in silks/gems (think of tarot card readings and put her wherever that brings to mind, I guess!) - not too fussy; artist's choice. ^_^
Anything else we need to know: She has no art yet! I'm sorry for lack of references. Really just roll with artistic liberty on her. <3

Character Name: Frei
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=6982&amp;page=14129 (references included on site)
Species: Human x Snowy Owl
Personality: She's a slave of TGT, so she's resigned and generally mopey and/or sassy. That being said, she can also have a fairly rampant vicious streak, so a violent expression wouldn't be unheard of!
Brief physical description of the character: Most importantly, she is covered in scars - please see her site, it has all of them listed. She looks much more like a human than her owl counter-breed, the only features that are bird-like are her wings and claw-like nails (on her hands only). Her wings are a major detail; they're huge, big enough for flight, and precisely mimic a snowy owl; white with black scallops (there's a link on her site as a reference). She's also very thin - probably considered emaciated; another avian genetic, along with hollow bones, which allows her to fly. Her hair is white and the crown is braided, the rest left loose (refer to site reference images) and her skin is probably only a shade darker; she's very ... frosty? in appearance. Her eyes are silver, but murky, as though always clouded with sleep or thought. Her face isn't necessarily 'pretty', as it's very sharp, contrasted by relatively thick lips, but could be considered attractive to some extent, dependent on your preferences.
Suggested environments: A cage/pen, or outdoors/in the sky as her wingspan is big enough for flight.
Anything else we need to know: Perhaps unnecessary to add, but she's very, very slightly endowed - I'd barely give her an a-cup and her hips are relevant only because the bones are showing and she has a tiny waist.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) No thanks, if that's alright!
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes'm!
Dabbler or Devotee? Devotee!
Why did you choose that category? I've been an artist for years, have been commissioned multiple times, and believe that I very much fit into this category over dabblers.
Examples
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/7565450/ (an emergency piece I dropped the price to $10 for!)
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/5138193/ (I believe this was an old art trade, or gift.)
http://www.furaffinity.net/view/4994588/ (this is an older Secret Santa I accomplished!)

Character Name: Narasimha.
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/narasimha
Species: Persian lion.
Personality: Subservient, thoughtful, meditative, kind, cultured, affectionate, wistful, and loving of all creatures.
Brief physical description of the character: Yellow-ish of fur. Gold-ish of mane with different yellow-family stripes running through it. Vermilion eyes. Cream-colored 'necklace' markings. Gemstone hand-claws. Silver earring hugging right ear. Fu Manchu moustache. Beard. Facial structure of young Jason Patric from The Lost Boys. Tail-fur colored exactly the same as his yellow-fur, NOT the same as his hair. Often wears Nehru vests and Dhotis of varying colors (robin's egg blue/royal purple) (red/yellow) (blue/orange) (and more!)
Suggested environments: Harem pens, showering, dancing, playing music on the sitar or erhu, picking flowers and putting them in his hair, etc.
Anything else we need to know: Nope! Have a blast!

Character Name: Beign.
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/beign
Species: Plane-touched, black lion.
Personality: Calculating, intimidating, stoic, cultured, contemplative, malicious.
Brief physical description of the character: Black fur that shows a brown shine when it hits the light. Black mane with a curl at the front, and two major curls on either side (these are white and represent horns, but are just hair.) Red, glowing eyes--supernatural--no pupil or iris--all red. Often wears Victorian or Edwardian clothing--fond of black/white shoes which button up. Has a wood cane with a silver lion-headed top, which is actually a sword-cane.
Suggested environments: Evil laboratory, working out a deal with a merchant, sipping tea, slaving area, etc.
Anything else we need to know: Nope!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Yes, absolutely.
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? yes!
Why did you choose that category? Ive been drawing since i was small, it hasnt been my whole focus as of lately but its still something i love to do

Character Name: Robin North
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: theres pictures of him on the musical impressions page
Personality: quiet, friendly, loving, committed.
Brief physical description of the character: Hes taller, with straight blond hair that hands around his face. his eyes a robin egg blue (hence his name) but his left eye is grey with blindness.
Suggested environments: In a library; playing an instrument; outside in a garden
Anything else we need to know: Not really theres a LOT in his profile

Character Name: Kaimu
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: his page on the profile and the fish hes based on
Species: merman
Personality: friendly, curious, happy, upbeat
Brief physical description of the character: he thin, with slight musculature due to swimming all the time, hes got wavy bright orange hair and big ultraviolet eyes. hes of japanese decent and it shows in his features, and on his tanned skin.
Suggested environments: underwater (in merman form) on the beach or in a house(human form)
Anything else we need to know: his tail is rather long, and the fin mimics that of the actual fish

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) uhh, sure if you want to go for it!
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes
Dabbler or Devotee? Dabbler
Why did you choose that category? I'm not a great artist, all things considered, but I do love making art in my free time, even if I have been a bit slow on that front lately.
Examples
theodora_by_remanlongtail-daas7p3.jpg 5ae314f80f00341faf00988b4d99cb90-da96g7s.jpg2531b0bbd65ae5e6bd31342438d11baf-da6wqyh.jpg

Character Name: Reman Longtail
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=38841
Species: Anthro wolf
Personality: Shy but friendly, often willing to lend a hand.
Brief physical description of the character: About six feet tall, not too muscular, with sleek brown fur and dark red hair. Almost always wears a red cape in addition to his vest, pants and gloves. Usually carries a sword with a swirling handguard as well.
Suggested environments: Generic fantasy environments- towns, castles, or perhaps even a mages' tower
Anything else we need to know: As of late, Reman has been learning all about earth magic. It might be pretty neat to show him performing something simple with his newfound powers!

Character Name: Arvex Galerian
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/site.php?char=40169
Species: Hellhound
Personality: Firm, proud, fearless, though perhaps a bit too overconfident at times.
Brief physical description of the character: Tall and muscular, with black fur and charcoal grey hair, which is usually fairly messy. Also has red markings running down his face and chest and a pair of tiny horns on his forehead. His tail has a large red spade at the end of it. He bears more than a few scars from his many battles.
Suggested environments: Generic fantasy environments will do for Arvex, though it might also be neat to put him in a hellscape of sorts, too.
Anything else we need to know: Not that comes to mind!

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) I'll allow this, although it's rather unlikely Arvex and Reman would ever actually run into each other.
OK, finally. It's going to be a little hard writing as it's on my phone buuut
We'll see

Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes madam~ Sir, captain, mother
Why did you choose that category? An art graduate, been doodling my meme works for around 20 years now x2 I don't know how to do anything else

And this time, a little different pair of characters

Character Name: Connell Edwards
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Link
Species: Either a human or a canid. Either is fine. But no furry with a human-like face, those give me nightmares. These characters (this and this) look fine, but that look is Not Fitting for my characters.
Personality: Somewhat reckless, acts before thinks, tends to be hasty with things. Likes to joke around but takes his job of being a detective quite seriously - though his rash nature makes him get in trouble at times. Overall cheery and quick to act and protect his partner
Brief physical description of the character: Green eyes, blonde hair, tiny bit shorter than Victor. Pretty thin, greyhound build almost, has some muscles but those are not easily noticeable. Fur is between short and medium, but silky in feel. Very fluffy tail.
Suggested environments: Anything is fine~ He's a detective by occupation so maybe something related to that? British stuff?
Anything else we need to know: He loves sweets. Caramel and tea are his favorite things outside of his job. Probably has his pockets full of snacks

Character Name: Victor Thompson
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Link
Species: Either a human or a canid. Either is fine. But no furry with a human-like face, those give me nightmares. These characters (this and this) look fine, but that look is Not Fitting for my characters.
Personality: Calm and quiet. He's the one in the duo that does most of the thinking. Rather serious about his job too and does interrogations a little better than Connell. Still, outside of the job he's pretty shy and can't really hold a conversation with strangers without feeling awkward or afraid for one reason or another. Needs someone to stand up for him
Brief physical description of the character: Blue eyes, black hair. Body-type somewhere between a Husky and an Alaskan Malamute. Soft, not fat though, kinda average and healthy. Not exactly an athlete though
Suggested environments: Anything Scottish? British? Detective things? All is fine
Anything else we need to know: This man likes pears, and tea, and flowers, and gardening, and the fireplace, and............. Be aware of that yellow color under his eyes xD it's not easy to notice

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Yes, absolutely. They exist in the same profile afterall xD They're working partners

And ask away, I've not been good at filling in the information on my characters ^^'''
Why did you choose that category? I actively draw on a regular basis, and have been doing so for several years.

~~

Character Name: Tinker
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Click Me Or Me
Species: Dragon Kin
Personality: Wary of people but loves animals
Brief physical description of the character: Fit but not overly muscular. She has a long tail that can pick things up and her feet are kinda like a bird's feet. Kinda.
Suggested environments: Trees or meadows or covered in animals
Anything else we need to know: She likes peaches and birds. Not for the same reasons.

~~

Character Name: Erie
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Click Me
Species: Uhhh Bulbasaur-thing?
Personality: Bright, she likes to make friends and is kind of naive.
Brief physical description of the character: She has the coloration like a bulbasaur except with a tail (I like tails) and she has a pink flower in her hair.
Suggested environments: Flowers, meadows, trees, farms...
Anything else we need to know: She is my minecraft character, she is a terra-farmer. She likes making HUGE farms.

~~

Character Name: Rachevna
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Hello It Me
Species: Shadow Demon
Personality: Haughty and mirthful. Enjoys others pain and anguish. Yeah, she's evil.
Brief physical description of the character: She hair is wispy like smoke and it has a mind of its own. It may want to eat ppl. She usually takes a short curvy form. She likes having curves.
Suggested environments: Dark places, lounge chairs, on top of a piano
Anything else we need to know: She looooves cherries

~~

Character Name: Starra Moonae
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Clicky
Species: Fox
Personality:Calm, collected and thoughtful. She is a good one to go for advice when you need help with a problem.
Brief physical description of the character: She is the willowy type. Graceful- like she could be a model but she just doesn't want it enough.
Suggested environments: Coffee shops, window seats, big comfy chairs reading a book, rainy days
Anything else we need to know: She likes scarves.

~~

Character Name: Naj
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: So Fluffy
Species: 626
Personality: She is rather easy going and can get along with most people. She has a feeding/mothering people thing.
Brief physical description of the character: She is is strong and big boned, and can be a little chubby. She can have 4 arms or just two, depends on her mood.
Suggested environments: Playing video games, making food/kitchen shenanigans, sleeping
Anything else we need to know: Really likes Mass Effect... and Garrus.

~~

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Depends on the character.
Tinker/Erie ok, Erie/Starra/Naj ok Rachevna... only if she is being evil.
Dabbler or Devotee? Dabbler
Why did you choose that category? I want to.
Examples
a949fb46dfdedd14fe4c1626443100ae_by_freejayfly-dahpy6l.png

2016_fullbody_commission___6_by_freejayfly-danfwku.png

beltrixie___overwatch_cosplay_by_freejayfly-da5qbj9.png

Character Name: Vara Mayne | Swallowtail
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Here
Personality: Stoic, never really smiles (not even as Swallowtail), dutiful, diligent, studious, responsible
Brief physical description of the character: Vara is 5'5", has slightly tanned peach skin, a small mole under the corner of their right side of their lips, deep blue eyes, and rusty brown hair. Their hair style can only be described as a half short bob with long hair that trails underneath -- despite the odd styling, it seems to work for them. They typically wear the longer hair in long ponytails that are hidden under their navy blue hoodie. They have a brooch that is worn on the black undershirt of their person, and generally wear baggy, blue denim jeans, and black sneakers with white markings on it.
Suggested environments: Paris, Frigiliana, general solitude, having a smoke, danging Flamenco
Anything else we need to know: Vara's pretty close with Archer.

Character Name: Archer Lacroix | Thresher
Personality: Friendly, nice, generous, sticks to a tight schedule, musical, likes having a good time no matter what he's doing, has eidetic memory and is quite intelligent
Brief physical description of the character: Archer stands at a height of an even 6' tall. Archer has rather tanned tawny skin, green eyes, black hair that is past the nape of his neck, and is quite well toned. Typically, Archer wears his hair in a small ponytail to keep his hair out of his face -- he also has a fossilised shark's tooth necklace that hangs around his neck. Most of the time, Archer wears a plain green, long sleeved shirt that has a loose collar, blue jeans, and boots.
Suggested environments: Paris, Hawaii, bar (he plays with his band at a bar)
Anything else we need to know: Archer has known Vara since secondary school.

Character Name: Emily Beaty | Weaver
Personality: Haughty, sure of herself, confident, petty, selfish
Brief physical description of the character: Emily is rather nice 5'8" height, has a model's body, and keeps herself looking pristine. Silver hair, in its full length, falls to her lower back, though they are typically worn up with gold spider web barrettes to keep from getting caught on anything. Emily also has golden eyes as well as has a chocolatey brown skin-tone. Most of the time, Emily wears more fashionable items and really likes things that glitter -- so it's not uncommon to see her adorned tastefully with accenting golds or silvers depending on the colour she is already wearing.
Suggested environments: Catwalk, runway, photoshoot, Paris
Anything else we need to know: Just that Emily is mostly an enemy to the other two.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no)?

Yeah, I suppose if you want to. :Y
Why did you choose that category?I felt like doing it.
Examples

naga_by_morianrhod-daeegng.jpg (Midsummer Art Entry from Contest 2016)
deinonychus_bust_by_morianrhod-daji1km.png
tumblr_oewvyo6v661r7i4z4o1_1280.jpg (Image hosted on Personal Tumblr.)

Character Name: Goober
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Goober!
Species: Genetic Abberation (Mammal-like Reptile)
Personality: Quite Curious and catlike in playfulness. Goober has a few doglike characteristics, and with a greater frequency of making sounds and has human-like expressions, yet can not speak. Goober is an almost normal animal, personality-wise. Imagine a miniature Toothless, but more bitey.
Brief physical description of the character: A small crocodile-like cat the size of a fox with a large red crest and single layer of spikes. Goober has faint variegated markings on the body, comparable to a lion cub's mottled fur. Goober's fur is somewhat velvety, and quite short. Though Goober's fur is predominantly greenish fading towards a pale mint on the underbelly. The eyes are golden.
Suggested environments: Urban areas.
Anything else we need to know: Goober is inspired by the tales of 'Fearsome Critters', mythical beasts said to inhabit the frontier wilderness of North America in early lumberjack folklore.

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) I've only listed Goober, but you're welcome to draw Goober alone or interacting with someone if you wish to.
Why did you choose that category? Art is my job. I've been a professional artist for several years now
Examples

6iUxisQ.jpg
nZkezXL.png
WOFMzvW.jpg

Character Name:Yokan
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: Most up to date ref. Hair's down :)
RPR
Best clothing ref
Species: Crocodile
Personality: Calm, friendly, more than a bit OCD, has high standards when it comes to other people.
Brief physical description of the character: 7'5 male crocodile halfway between a mesomorph and endomorphic body. He's got olive green scales and pale green belly scales and mint colored pale eyes. His hair is now left loose just below his shoulders that is typically wild unless pulled back into a headache-inducingly tight ponytail, with a shock of creamy white sprouting from the middle of the front of his head. His tail is as long as he is tall and is blunt at the tip with scutes going all the way from the back of his neck to the tip of the tail. Most often he prefers to wear nice gentlemanly clothing (think steampunk/victorianish)
Suggested environments: Preferably not modern. Beaches, swamps, jungles or nice room perhaps.
Anything else we need to know: He doesn't wear a collar any longer and his hair isn't in dreadlocks anymore. Face Claim

Character Name:Mirra
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials:
Ref Sheet
RPR
Species: Anubian Jackal Mutt
Personality: Laid back kinda sarcastic asshole most people love. Snarky but sweet.
Brief physical description of the character: 8'0 even Anubian jackal (that is to say a mixed species of canine with black-backed jackal markings along his back. His hair is ass length, straight and maroon in tone. Lavender eyes and 4 nose piercings, five ear piercings in each ear, six sets of circular rings pierced down his back, and seven chain links dangling off his tail. He's an ectomorph, very slender and highly toned but not beefy.
Suggested environments: Taverns, woods, or haremish sorta rooms with pillows and hookahs.
Anything else we need to know: Not really
If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) Yes
Auberon Moderator

Why did you choose that category? Been a professional artist for eight years c:

Examples

yCvKGwG.png
QEUz8vJ.png
0cBaCWD.png

Character Name: Abellia
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/abellia

Best refs - all SFW

gl-30280-1475979897.png
gl-30280-1473394256.png
gl-30280-1432833183.png
gl-30280-1410923671.png
gl-30280-1411008431.png

Species: Fairborn (Think vampire, but with shark teeth and black blood.)
Personality: Mousy, anxious, studious - tends to have a martyr complex.
Brief physical description of the character: Possessed of a ghastly pallor, she's of average height and a curvy build. She's pear-shaped and tends to wear dresses or loose clothing to avoid drawing attention to it. Freckles are scattered across her cheeks and nose, spilling onto her face here and there. They completely cover her shoulders and trail down her arms. Her hair is dark auburn, pin straight and tends to be kept in a very long braid or a messy bun. She is biracial Chinese and Caucasian, most evident in her jawline and eye shape -- though they're blue. Her skin lacks pigmentation and looks more sheet white than grey.
Suggested environments: Nighttime exclusively; she can't walk in daylight. Garden/park, library/study, laboratory. I don't really need a background!
Anything else we need to know: The character is currently pregnant, so that's a thing to keep in mind if you feel like adding a bump.
If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) n/a
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Yes I did. :)
Why did you choose that category? Because that's the category I've always entered in.
Examples

CZccjIZ.png
EuKnWvV.png
ev29dlD.png

Character Name: Ssussun
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: RPR
Main Image
Face Claim
(There's tonssss of other images on his site, as well as quite a bit of descripts in his rpr. Sorry for the lack of a proper ref!)
Species: Drow (Dark Elf)
Personality: A jerkass, who's a hottie. Little prick of an elf man.
Brief physical description of the character: Lithe, grey skin. Vibrant blue eyes, white hair that goes to his ankles. Clothing is usually falling off of him. He's a warlock/magical enchanter. He's only 5 feet, two inches tall.
Suggested environments: He's set in old worlde fantasy/steampunk style.
Anything else we need to know: Uhmm... Nuu? I <3 him!!

Character Name: Camilla
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: RPR
Reference
Possible Dresses (please don't use one she already has an image in. <33)
Species: Bengal Fox
Personality: Noble duchess, witty, but prim and proper. Graceful and lovely.
Brief physical description of the character: 5'1", full and curvy, luscious grey fur (see ref)
Suggested environments: Old worlde /steampunk setting.
Anything else we need to know: She's a duchess, and more info is on her RPR

If you've listed more than one character, is it okay for your characters to be drawn together if the artist wants (yes or no) No, please. They do not know one another.
Did you read and understand the rules of the trade? Aye!
Why did you choose that category? I was a Devotee for the Summer Art Trade

Character Name: Heedracorian
Link to Character's RPR profile or other reference materials: http://www.rprepository.com/c/heedracorian
Species: Draconian
Personality: Angry, tough, short-tempered, stoic
Physical description of the character: Heeracorian is rather tall, for a draconian (who are most commonly in the 7 ft range), muscular, and has a sturdy build. He has a golden piercing on the left side of his lip and on the left side of his nose. His right eyebrow is pierced. He has two piercings on his left pointed ear, and three on his right. He wears several rings and wears golden cuffs on his wrists. His eyebrows are thick. His hair is also very thick and fluffy like a lion, with a length that extends to his mid-back. It's coarse, scattered with braids, and swept-back with a prominent widow'speak. He has sparse facial hair. His eyes have black sclera, golden irises, and slit pupils. His skin is a somewhat dark brown. He has thick Slightly wavy horns that extend from the sides of his head straight back. He has thick lips.
His clothes consist of a red vest, and a Scottish-style shirt with sleeves rolled up, and loose brown pants that cuff midway down the calf. He wears no shoes.
Suggested environments: Merchant store that sells expensive weapons and jewelry, Cell, busy town
Anything else we need to know:

You are on: Forums » Art & Creativity » Winter Art Trade 2016!

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus