Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Hollow's Tale Pub and Club (Closed)

Gustav Ahr (played by okAlex)

He smiled a little as he watched her prepare his drink, "Just a little stressful." He said with a nod, and a polite smile. He watched in awe as she swiftly prepared his drink.

"Thanks." He said with a smile, and took a sip, tasting the drink. He shook his head at the bitterness. "That really is strong." He said with a laugh.
Grandpa (played anonymously)

Things were going much too smoothly.

Sure, there were some newcomers, out-of-towners - and out on the street, it seemed a few half-rabid fans were still placidly searching for their missing celebrity. But surely this could be hardly more eventful than the average business day for a place like The Hallow’s Tale.

‘Luckily’, that was about to change.

It began when the dull roar of talking and clinking glasses was suddenly interrupted by a great BANGCRRRACK!! that could easily have been mistaken for the crack of an elephant rifle. Nobody had been looking at the front door in that precise moment, but now most of the patrons had gone silent and were focused on the only place from which that deafening sound could have come.

The source of the sound was a very, very old man. His skin was deep ebony-black, and he was dressed something like an old English fox-hunter, with a black, wide-brimmed, western-style hat. Quite the dapper fellow.

As to how exactly he had come to be holding the door rather than holding onto it, this was up to conjecture. But sure enough, he was holding the half-splintered door by the knob, quite detached from the door frame, grasped so that it was kept just barely upright in his grip while pivoting slightly where one corner was propped on the floor. Apparently the old coot had either flung the door open with such great force as to force it right off the hinges, or he had stumbled with equally violent force and tore away the door in the process of keeping himself upright.

Or, most likely, some unfortunate combination of both.

A slight draft wafted through the area nearest the door, and the silence hung for what seemed like an eternity.

Then, scowling, the geezer squawked in a high, utterly grating voice ”What the @#$% are you jackwagons lookin’ at?! Ain’t y’all ever seen a drop-dead sexy mother@#$%er open a door before?!”

Then, disdainfully shoving the broken door out of his hand so that it landed with a FWUMP on the floor, he muttered, voice croaking ”I’m too gyatdayumed sober for this @#$%.”

Of course, the door immediately began to piece itself back together, floating back into place and beginning the process of reattaching itself - since the dispassionate enchantment saw no reason to cease functioning now. The old geezer gave it only a disinterested glance before returning his expectant emerald eyes back to the people who were still staring, apparently expecting some kind of answer to his pseudo-rhetorical question.
Golden Kids (played by koroni)

The second the door thundered open, the twins were both on their feet.
Hawk, stuck between his sister and the wall, stood with one foot on his chair, wings ruffling and slightly spread.
Wing stood in front of him, her unfolding wings nearly concealing him from view if he hadn't made a point to stand where he could watch the stranger. Wing had spilled a good half of her glass when shed exchanged it for her old sword. She kept it crossed over her chest, ready to fight an old man if necessary.
Though neither of them advanced, they didn't lower their guard, keeping their sharp violet eyes on Grandpa.
Lexi (played by Lucretire) Topic Starter

"What I recommend? Depends," She takes a better look at the tiny blue fae on her counter with a dirty smirk before being outright blunt, "How old are ya, kiddo?" Seemingly pleased with her more recent customer's response to the strength of her drink, she was about to pick right back up cleaning glasses while waiting for the fairy's response...

Until the sudden reaction of a gunshot made her initially pull out her own modified armory underneath her skirt, ready to war with the next individual that came in. In her eyes, it was about time the place got more lively to her liking, and if nothing else she was itching for a fight. One look at her possible target however, and... She snickered. It was a low chuckle at first than soon railed into a harsh, vibrant laughter. An old man of all things, had managed to grab the young phoenix's attention by simply breaking the door off of its hinges. She already was beginning to like this man, and she hadn't even talked to him yet. At the very least, he made a flashy entrance. Reholstering her guns unseen, she soon raised her hands in a soothing sort of motion as she took to settling the loud murmurs and callous calls of "What's your deal, old man?!"

"All right, y'all, settle down," Lexi reassured the rest of the bar patrons, "Nothin' t' see here! Back to th' boozing! Any more bull!@%* n' I'm tossin' ya outta 'ere m'self!" Some of the regulars to the place had already taken to her advice as soon as she started laughing. With a steady hand to the counter, she hopped over it in one clean motion and moved to welcome the old man in. "Welcome t' the Hollow's Tale, ol' timer!" she called out, "What's your poison? By the way..." A playful grin fell over her cheeks, "Nice entrance."

While she was settling the old geezer in and keeping an ear out for any other trouble (the two twins in particular, who've yet to settle down after the initial shock of the man barging in so crudly), Nire had taken to the fairy's order instead, first introducing herself with a simply apology. "My apologies.... The bar does tend to get a bit more, uh, lively close to this time." A pause, "I'm Nire, by the way. D-do you know what you'd like to order yet?" It seems that the whole ordeal made the bunny girl a bit more sheepish than she'd like. Then again, if something were to happen, Nire would have to rely on Lexi's fighting expertise to protect her since she couldn't fight back.
Arethusa Eolande (played anonymously)

Arethusa had been about to answer Lexi when someone burst in, though she payed no attention to him. She simply turned to Nire who had spoken to her. "Hello Nire," She said with a giggle. "I'm Arethusa. And I haven't yet, is there anything you'd recommend?"
Nire (played by Lucretire) Topic Starter

Nire gave the fae a small smile as she listed off the establishment's recommendations while putting an open menu in front of her for easier access. "Well," she began, "For alcoholic drinks, Our Astral Plane Popper practically flies off the shelves, as well as our Twist of Fate cocktail~! Of course, for the more daring types, we have the Goddess Bane and The Devil's Paydirt... If you're looking for something a bit lighter, our Angel's Chain Cocktail goes down real easy like."

A better look at Arethusa had her continue listing off other items of a less boozy nature. "Though for the non-alcoholic section, we have quite a lot of drinks: Passion Phoenix Punch, fresh squeezed lemonade and juices, all manners of soda and brewed teas you can imagine, though our Cressa Lily Mocktail is really good! The owner's fiancee and their daughter swears by it." Opening up her notepad, she readies herself to jot down the girl's order. "So, was there anythin' that caught your pretty little eye?"

The old man's nostrils flaired, frown deepening to an almost villaiinous scowl. "Yeah, dadgum whippersnappers! No more bull@#$%!" He squawked, but the scowl turning into a very slight, largely concealed grin in acknowledgement that he was essentially saying 'Yeah, what she said!' "Listen'a the pretty lass at the bar and shut yo hides up an' git back'a guzzlin'y alchie Dagnabbit!"

His accent was vaguely reminiscent of the bartender's - with a sharp drawl, a rattling twang, and just a hint of inner-city - though he sounded more like something between an uneducated old-west gold prospecter and a dying mongoose. It was made that much stranger with the occasional Celtic slang.

As the bartender came toward him, he matched and did the same with a spring in his step and an easy energy much closer to someone one tenth what his age might have been. No weary shuffling for this geezer.

"And you two over there! Hawk-Man and Barnacle Boy! Sit-cho feather-rufflin' butts down! If I'da come in lookin' for a fight, I'd a come in guns blazin' an' balls-deep in' hot lead! Go on, sit!" He waved a dismissive gesture at the warriro-like bird-people, then turned his attention to the bartender - the two of them had met nearer to the center of the room now.

The half-scowl, half-grin broke into a wide, devilish smile once his attention was set on her. He gave a polite tip of the brim of his hat, and a little nod. "Well, if there's two things Grandpa knows how to make, it's 12-gauge Buck, and an enterance." Then he gestured vaguely toward the bar, already swaggering toward it and probably in-step with the bartender herself. Once he had gotten there, he sat down heavily in a stool and spun it to be facing the right way. To one side of him, a tired young man with messy, golden hair was sipping at something evil looking. To the other side, a lapine waitress was speaking with something small and shiny on the bar surface.

Paying no appaent attention to either of those, he focused on the dark-skinned bartender. "I'll take your strongest-" He pointed one finger at her for emphasis "And make it stronger! And-" Then he made as if to slam his fist violently on the counterop, but at the last second, made it so that it was a harmless little pound - also for emphasis. "A whiskey. House choice!"

Wing looked absolutely affronted by the lack of reaction from Lexi, but her shock turned into some sort of surprised anger at being addressed by the old man. She stayed silent throughout the berating, sword lowering a bit more in confusion than anything else. After a few moment, she gestured at him and said something that was definitely not in English. She tucked her sword away and repeated it, a bit more quietly, to Hawk.
Hawk folded his wings back behind himself, giving a solid glare at the old man, then looking away. When Wing repeated herself for the third time, he shrugged and shook his head.
What really got a reaction out of him was when Wing picked up her drink and downed a large portion of it, then stifled a gag. He looked at her and frowned a bit deeper than normal, then turned away again.

"The Cressa Lily Mocktail sounds nice." Arethusa said with a smile after a couple minutes, and before plopping down on the bar. She didn't feel like changing form, and at the moment was too tiny to reach up from the stool.
Nire (played by Lucretire) Topic Starter

"One Cressa Lily Mocktail, coming up!" Nire piped up as she wrote down the simple order posthaste, "Is there anything else I can get for you?" Despite the bar just settling down from an old man making a ruckus, she still seemed quite sociable... Has this kind of thing happened before?

Lexi in the meantime, had already hopped back to her position at the bar, finally tensing down after hearing and seeing the two siblings exchange words then settle back into their drinks. A smirk played on her lips; she seemed a bit more pleased with herself that the bar was getting back to some sort of semi-normalcy. Then again, normalcy for Lexi included entrances like the man just made only with guns cocked in a Mexican standoff. The few people coming in and keeping their cool actually proved to be an abnormal sort of day for her. Not that she minded or cared that much, nor did she care about the glance Wing was giving her a few moments ago before settling back down. Her mind was on... other things. The place is gettin' packed. I really need some help around here, dammit... Nire ain't gonna cut it. ...Maybe I should bring in Cre-Cre? Nah, maybe later if I'm really achin', woman's probably off on another trip of hers by now...

Yet despite musing over the current lack of employees, she gave the old man a decent conversation. "One of our finest whiskeys comin' up! But a 12-gauge Buck? Tell me more, ol' timer," she said, her eyes glinting curiously, if not excitedly, at the possible mention of hunting. While fishing for one of the whiskey bottles on the higher shelves, she turned her glance to the celebrity sitting at her bar. "Hey... Don't I uh, know y'all from somewhere?" She questioned, raising her eyebrow at the blond man. Whether or not he answered, she already had the bottle she was looking for in her hands. With a spin akin to a flashy finger flip of a gun, she opened the bottle and poured the contents into a small empty glass. Settling it in front of her new customer, she gave a cheeky grin. "One whiskey served neat. Strongest we got... Lexi-recommended," she added with a wink.

The old man gave a demure little shrug, removing his hat out of propriety and placing it almost reverently on the bar beside him. His bald head like a glossy sphere of obsidian, free of hair but for the white, powerful eyebrows which topped striking emerald eyes.

"Well, Grandpa don't usually like ta' brag, but out there them ratskattlers'll take ye'fer everything yes'got, an them what sell the bullets ain't much better. So's Grandpa git up there work bench an' fixemup his own munitions see?"

From behind him in one of the small pouches at his belt, he pulled a 12-gauge cartidge and, with something of a flourish, smacked it down onto the bar so that it stood upright. The casing was of a sickly lime green. It looked old and either scaveneged or re-used. Something inside glowed faintly from a slightly transluscent strip around the center.

"That there's a Grandpa Special. It'll melt the face off a raider fasterna' bad day at the atom bomb factory, I'll tell ya' what! Why I done bagged me rattletigers, deathhawk-gators, mutant fish-men, zombie toadifants, giant killer dung beetles, crooked politicians an Jee-how-vahs Witnesees with them bad mother@#$%ers! Yessiree them's a good fightin' words!"

Once anyone who wanted to take a closer look at the thing had done so, the geezer would return it to the pouch behind him. "Comma' thinkit, I's pretty sure the Arch-Duke-Hyperking of the United Worlds of Dhimshak tried to by the recipe off me. But I's toldim no deal! Them's mah little trades secrets y'see."

The whiskey was produced with haste, much to Grandpa's delight. Upon recieving it, he made a big show of examining it closely. Scrutinizing it, holding the glass up to the light to peer with one eye at the amber liquid within. He smelled it, pondered it, considered the nature of its' existence, then at last took a small sip.

For a second, he almost looked furious at how delicious it was - then he grinned broadly and sipped again at the precious substance. Looking the bartender in the eye he said "Thassum mighty good alchie right there I'll tell ya hwhat.. Y'all gots good taste." Then he pointed a dramatic finger at the 'young lady' and, raising his voice again, squawked "And that's a roarin' high compliment comin' from ol' Grandpa! Y'all wouldn't believe how many jackwagons out there think they know a good whiskey when they sees one! I tell ya' they wouldn't know burbon from bathtub gin dagnabbit!"

And he sipped again at the whiskey, seeming only then to notice the tiny creature sitting (or standing) on one of the barseats a few down from his own. He raised one powerful eyebrow, watching the critter from over the rim of his glass.

Then, abrasively, but not necessesarily aiming to offend, he crowed "The @#$% are you spodsta be? Some kinda...imp er somethin'?"

Arethusa shook her head at Nire. "No, thanks though." She said as she waited. When some old guy spoke to her however, she huffed a little as she looked at him. "I am not an imp! I happen to be a fairy." She said with a little stomp of a tiny foot.
Asroc - The Pygmalion Furnace (played by Asroc)

{I may join. Hope you are okay with a French dude who isn't fondof humans much.
Biggie Cheese (played anonymously)

*Biggie cheese walks in*
"Hey im biggie cheese"

For the first time since she'd entered, Wing sat down. She took another long drink, and stifled a cough. "... Do you think I could take that man in a fight?" she asked, voice low.
"No," answered Hawk.
Wing's eyes flashed. "I can prove it. I'm-"
"If I had answered yes, you would've fought him anyway." Though he was getting impatient, Hawk stayed unreadable. "Please, just stay put and don't cause trouble."
Wing frowned and shifted her shoulders. She went for her drink, then changed her mind and leaned back in her seat, lifting her arm to wave down one of the waitresses. Hawk made a point of averting his gaze.

"What a drab place..."

His voice tone was harsh. There were people in it. Humans? Seemed like it. He never liked or trusted them. After what they have done. Crushed his dreams and burned down his home with his family in it. Taking a seat, the young French male kept his distance.

((Sorry for the lengthy delay, life had decided to get me away from the computer, so I couldn't even respond decently. Now then, let's see here... And to respond to your question, Asroc, join on in! As long as you don't mind a phoenix guised as one, I think we're good here. XD))

Lexi got a really decent look at the man's odd contraption as she leaned her back against the bar counter for a moment, expecting a bit more of a shiny device, but the homebrewed sort of explosives always did manage to catch her attention. The compliment of her whiskey made her chest puff in response with very clear pride, accompanied with an expression that reminded one of a cat that was proud of eating a canary and didn't get caught by its owner. "Thanks there, ol' timer! That #*!@ right there ain't easy to get m' hands, lemme tell ya!"

However, before she could add in her two cents on the contraption, Nire handed her Arethusa's order. With a cheeky smirk to the mocktail request, Lexi seemed to have gotten her answer on if the small fae was of age or not. As she bent over to open a small case of what seemed to be bottles of clear fruit juice, she noted a few more people filling up the bar. Now this is more like it! She thought as she snatched a bottle from the case and set to work. A few fast shakes and additions to the clear and sweet liquid, and the fairy's drink was ready: a sparkling crystal blue number that tasted of fine fruits and held a soft floral, yet spicily sweet and juicy aroma, served in a tall, curved, and fluted glass. Topped with an oddly shaped, blue-speckled white lily and a straw, it was a drink that always tasted different to each customer, and in the bartender's opinion, no one had complained about it yet.

"Here ya go, sweet thang, one Cressa Lily Mocktail, 'specially made fer ya~" Lexi cooed as she placed the drink in front of the tiny blue maiden before noting one of her customers sitting from a distance. At first, she assumed the young male to be rather shy... Until she heard his side quip about her bar being a drab sort of place. That ignited an angered ire that settled into a cocky sort of prideful glance as she went to attend to her customer, picking up a menu in the meantime. If she can't please the man with the setting of the bar, then placating him with good food and great service was the next best thing in her mind.

"Welcom' to th' Hollow's Tale Bar," she kindly greeted Asroc, sliding the menu in front of him with a steady hand and a brilliant, simmering sliver of a smile, "What's your pleasure?" If he proved to be one of the more discerning types, Lexi was ready to silence his possible critique with more than just her usual bravado. Her temper, as well as her eyes, lit up to the vague possibility of a challenge, and it was already rising to its usual heated and ambitious flame.

In the meantime, while Lexi attended to her blond patron, Nire was the one that was flagged down by Wing, approaching her with due haste and a pleasant curtsy of her flared skirt. "Yes, may I help you, miss?" A more mousy customer had caught the rabbit's attention as well, but as soon as she heard what the woman had to say, she would move over to him and ask for his order as well. Until then, there seemed to be more tables inside the bar than there was before. Did this place adjust to the count of customers that came in?

Pulling his hat off, he set it on the table. It was the polite thing to do. Maybe a hot meal and a cool drink would due him well. Taking his gloved hand, he smoothed his hair down a bit. Taking the menu, he opened it,eyeing the contents. To his surprise, everything sounded rather delicious. However, the French Adept's stomach gave a low rumble. His cheeks flushed a bit.

"Do pardon, I have not had anything to eat for a while. All these dishes look rather divine. Do you by any chance have grape juice? I would like to have that with some soup and sandwich?"

That was one of his favourite dishes when he was younger. His mother always made him warm soup and a sandwich on his days after school.

His tone was neutral, but had a hint of politeness in it.

"Of course~" Lexi crooned in the most pleasant tone she could muster for the French male, "We got the finest available! Just tell ol' Lexi what kinda soup n' sandwich ya like, and I'll get right on it A-S-A-P!" After that second impression along with a better look at her younger customer, she seemed to relax a bit more, yet still maintained her stubborn pride because of his mannerisms. The familiarity of his noble tones rang sourly in the barkeep's mind, yet she let it slide for the moment. Kid's like what, younger than sixteen? She chided herself, Must get it from 'is folks or sumthin'.

Taking the time to pick up a chilled glass from a hidden stash of ice, she decided to make a bit of small talk while searching for one of the containers of grape juice. She also did her best to keep a clear eye on the rest of her customers, just in case they needed a top-up to their drinks. "So then, whas'sa kid like you doin' in a place like this anyway?" She began. Despite the clearly urban and harsh vernacular, it began to sound as if... Maybe she was trying just a tad too hard to keep casual.

Placing his hands together in a rather polite way.

"Do you have creamy, tomato soup?" He asked. "Something to warm me up, as for a sandwich, turkey would do me well."

He moved his hat aside and placed it in his lap. It was rare people gave him hospitably. His golden yellow eyes met with the other. Striking a conversation would be good. It was rare. He wasn't good making conversations. Despite his attitude and personality, he was a polite lad. His mother did teach him well.

"My mother taught me and my siblings well. Despite a few things, I was polite and kind. I helped my mother take care of my younger siblings."

When he was asked why he was out in such a place, Asroc adjusted his yellow scarf around his neck and closed his eyes.

"Travelling the world. I want to see what it has to offer to me. My fellow comrades are doing their own thing. One is on his break and visiting friends and family in Australia, another is bringing joy to others with his boisterous voice and dance moves."

His tone did sound happy, but his expression remained the same. "My name is Asroc."

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Hollow's Tale Pub and Club (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus