Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Hollow's Tale Pub and Club (Closed)

Grandpa (played anonymously)

He had been having a moment - staring off into the distance, looking as though he were seeing into another universe - or perhaps it had been a mere moment of senility.

Regardless, Grandpa suddenly gave a start, and looked around as though only now remembering where he was.

Then he looked thoughtful as he tried to do a recap of what his body heard while his mind was wandering.

Then he took another sip of his whiskey. He cracked a grin.

Then he let out a loud, cackling bout of laughter, hooting and hollaring as though the finest joke in the Galaxy had been told to his face. A knee-slapping, side-splitting hootenanny of a time.

After some long moments, he was able to calm himself to the point of speaking - though still through bits of hooting and giggling. The old man turned, sharp emerald eyes looking straight toward the young man with the white hair.

"Would you look at this fool right here!" He exclaimed, now spinning around in his seat to face the door - and the person about to walk through it.

"If that ain't the most EDGY bit of knock-off bad anime @#$% I ever done seen! Bad enough he come in here dressed like a clown and talkin' like he done come out some snooty boarding schoolin, talkin' 'bout how unique and SPECIAL he is! Then he start talkin' down t'this fine young lady as if HE'S the most important guy in the world and she's jus' some kinda' peasant who he can drag along on his sad little ego trip!"

The old man stood now, swaggering slowly across the room - as he continued, there was a very faint hint of sobriety in his tone - but more than anything it was overwhelmingly jovial.

"Yeah, you're real unique and special, aren't ya' - Mister Broody Dark Shadows of Edginess~! Bet you're all powerful and super important right? All-powerful and super-wise but uses his be-ne-vo-lent powers for good~? Glowing red eyes, huh? Oh, ain't never seen THAT before. Where y'all off to now, huh? Gonna' go hunt some Dragon's Balls, or maybe some other @#$% that yall didn't have ta' steal from someone who's actually capable of writing an original sentence?"

By this time, the old man had crossed most of the room - he was definitely getting to the point of making a scene now - but his eyes were intense and piercing. Sill he smilled and giggled through his words - but the closer the got, the more he seemed to mean them.

"You really expect this young lass, who's clearly more interesting than you will EVER be to go runnin' after you like an enthralled schoolgirl? You're just cliche after cliche, boy! Why don't yall' get lost, git that high-fancy-rich-noble be-hind out of here, and come back when y'all got more to offer than a boring monologue about how edgy you are!"

His crowing voice had escalated to the point where most of the establishment could here the squawking all too well - and conversations had dimmed in order for people to focus on what might come of this little altercation.

"Oh, and while you're at it," he added, constant grin spreading into a wide, Cheshire-Cat-smile, "Give that ego of yours a check. Your head's so big I'm surprised it can fit in the building, y' sparkly little overpowered edgelord!"
Golden Kids (played by koroni)

"Holy shit," said Wing. For the both of the siblings judging by the look on Hawk's face, which was... slightly more expressive than usual, at least. Wing took a slow, uneasy sip.
The winged warrior turned her head back to her waitress briefly. "Whichever's cheaper, please."
Lupus 'Raziel' Shado (played by Lupus-Raziel-Shadows)

((Well damn))

Lupus simply raised an eyebrow at the man, somewhat surprised at the outburst from him. Yet he remained quite and politely listened to him, waiting for him to finish. When he did he just gave a wide smile.

"Now everyone is entitled to their opinion, but I don't recall saying anything about how important I am, in fact, I wouldn't really consider myself important. The stream of time would continue the same if I were here or not."

He held his smile as he spoke, and slight tone of annoyance crept in, but he held it at bay. He gave a curt bow to the man, including "If you are done, I must be off." Then left the tavern for the time being.
Asroc - The Pygmalion Furnace (played by Asroc)

"Would you mind if I stayed here for a while?"

Asroc's tone seemed very polite, still with a hint of seriousness implied in it. Maybe he did have some feelings for a human who could cook so well.
Lexi (played by Lucretire) Topic Starter

As the mysterious male dropped a bag of gold coin onto the table and turned to leave with a noted word that he'll return in the morning, she wondered if he actually would show up here again as he said he would. Frankly, Lexi wasn't counting on it. But hey, the "tip" he left on the table was good enough for her regardless of if he kept his word or not. She barely paid much attention to the old man as he stirred from his daze and started to laugh like someone told a sweet joke...

That is, until he started to share his opinion of the odd-looking noble before he fully left the bar. As the establishment began to grow silent with a few whispers in curiosity and confusion as to all the ruckus, Lexi kept her own damn mouth shut for a very different reason. Not because the old man seemed to have gone off the deep end. Nor was it because she agreed with half of his words either (even though she did agree that the man was too self-righteous and pompous in her opinion; if he did return, she was going to take a sick sort of pleasure in breaking him of it personally). No, she kept silent because...

"Snrk..." She was trying to keep from laughing. The whole situation was hilarious, no matter if Grandpa was just senile or dead serious about his words. Regardless of how much truth it held, the whole ordeal proved entertaining enough to keep the bartender silent and not be rude enough to burst out into a roaring fit. Despite Lupus clearly being unamused by the words (and thus adding to Lexi's soon failing attempt to keep a straight face), he handled it better than Lexi thought he would. Refreshing, but if she didn't expect him to be back before, she certainly didn't expect for him to be back now after that.

After the god left, Lexi gave herself a minute or two before letting loose a raucous laughing fit. "Bahahahaha!!!" She leaned forward against the table, a wheeze or two hissing into her giggles and snorts before trying to settle herself down.

In the meantime, Nire was just as taken aback by the whole thing as her two customers were. But when Lupus made his leave, she cleared her throat and moved to start settling down the customers. "All right, all right, nothin' t' see here, honeys! Back to your food and fun, hmm?" As the patrons started to take her advice, she turned to Wing and her sibling just in time to catch her ask for whatever was cheaper of her two recommendations. Nodding, she complied with the request. "The Ditran Coast Special for two it is! Would you also like a refill of your drinks?" After receiving their reply, Nire would skip away and call towards the kitchen, "Two Ditran Nets, Mei-Mei!"

Lexi finally took a few deep breaths to calm herself before picking up the bag of coin. "That was one of my better moments in this here bar, ol' coot. Thanks fer the laughs!" She complimented before beginning to head back to the bar, "And uh, if'n ya wanna refill o' dat sweet whiskey, I'm all up fer it! First one's on th' house for makin' this fine dame's day right c'here." Her chortling continued as she finally made her way back, just in time to hear Asroc speak again.

"Hmm?" She addressed the boy while unlocking and opening a small metal chest under the register, "Of course, suga' babe, you's free to stay as much as you like!" Her amused eyes sparked with a lively flash of flame at the prospect of gaining a possible regular. "We open all day 'til the wee hours o' th' morn, so make yerself welcome, kid!" She offered while stashing the coins inside the box and latching it shut. "But would ya like a refill, honey?"
Golden Kids (played by koroni)

"No thank you," Wing said, looking distracted. Then she stood up from her seat and cupped her hands around her mouth and shouted, "YOU BITTER OLD SHIT! LOOK WHAT YOU DID!"
"Sit down," Hawk insisted, eyes widening.
"What? You scared he'll do it to you next?" She turned back around and continued, "FIGHT WITH A SWORD LIKE A NOT A COWARD YOU- YOU-"
And then Hawk grabbed her arm and yanked, very nearly slamming his sister's head into the table. She caught herself and managed to keep a drink from spilling, then shot him a glare as she straightened up again.
Grandpa (played anonymously)

Grandpa, it seemed, was much more adept at keeping a straight face. The grin only started to crack as the man turned to exit, and it wasn't until the bartender burst into hystarical laughter that the old man joined in - buckling over partially and smacking one palm on a nearby table.

Naturally, the hand which still held the precious amber elixer of life was somehow kept still enough that it barely rippled as the man moved.

"Well y'know, folk like that jus' ain't my cuppa' moonshine y'know?" He managed, after some time. He was on his way back to his temporarily abandoned seat at the bar when someone called out from a table across the room. The old man stopped and gave a casual, but mischievous glance in her direction. Cupping only one hand at the side of his mouth - largely in a parody of her gesture - he replied "I'd take you on any day Bird Person, exceptin' I don't approve of poaching!"

And with a subtle wink, he was returning to sit again at the bar.

In a softer voice, he gave the bartender a nod. "Well I can't rightly deny free alchie now cans I~?"
Krazzarine (played by Draken901)

(using Exalt Form.)

A person draped in a black hooded robe walks into the The Hollow's Tale Bar. Wearing what seems to be gray cloth gloves and sabatons also, they look around briefly before continuing to head inside. Their face is hidden behind the blackness of the hood, but due to the proportions of the cloak they are wearing, it can be seen that they are a fairly broad individual. The walk through the tables until they get to the bar, and have a sit down. He glances over briefly to Grandpa before going back to look at all the different bottles on the shelves, tapping his fingers on the bar until he sees a waitress.

"Hey, if you don't mind, give three glasses of the strongest spirit you have." He reaches one of his hands into the cloak, and puts down a clump of pure gold onto the bar, as well as a piece of crystal.

rolled 1d4 and got 3

rolled 1d2 and got 2

Lexi was in her zone right now: a ruckus between two customers, Nire busy as can be, her being the only other staff around... The adrenaline rush was like no other. The mischievous bartender was halfway expecting... Let's be frank here, she craved a fight, and if the hawk girl's actions kept up, she might get it. If not from the seemingly decrepit old man, then from her. That was gonna have to wait, since a new customer was already making themselves comfortable, so she moved away from the developing scene and scooted back to behind the bar. "Welcome to the Hollow's Tale," she said with a bite of feisty bite to her voice, "What can I getcha?"

As soon as she heard the cloaked man's order, she was initially about to protest. That is, until she saw the payment being placed on the counter, then he had her full attention. "Now you speakin' my language. Strongest we got? Strongest we got!" she cackled as she grabbed a step ladder and climbed it, emphasizing the fact that the phoenix was a rather short thing. It took a moment for her to grab a large jug of... something, which sloshed and gurgled a bit as she hefted it down from its place on the shelf. What was that stuff?

"I'm warnin' ya now, man," she started as she uncorked the container and pour a small amount of a bubbling and fizzing blood red liquid into a shotglass, "One shot's all ya need with this stuff. Maybe ya'll feel amazin', maybe you'll feel like ya just swallow'd a livin' giant tapeworm with its own damn virus crawlin' in it, maybe ya actually won't feel crap, but all I can tell ya is, you're gonna agree it's the strongest we got here at the bar." She slid the shot glass toward Krazzarine, "One Homemade Cosmian Brew. Specially made by yours truly. This stuff's a wild card right ch'ere."

((Since you ordered the strongest spirit in the bar, why not try a bit of an added bonus? If you're up for a bit of variety, roll a 4-sided die. Roll a 1, your character gets ill upon drinking it because it's too strong (timeframe and intensity is up to you), a 2 gets you plastered, a 3 gets you merely tipsy and feeling nice, and a 4 gets you nothing at all aside from a sweet tasting brew. It's up to you, or you can just feel like answering with what you think is best!))
Krazzarine (played by Draken901)

Krazzarine watches as the lass gets a bottle and a glass, and pours the strange red liquid inside. He has never seen something so... unique before in his life. But nevertheless. It is what he ordered, it would be stupid to waste such a thing just because it looks weird.

He drops his hood to reveal his horned head, and he picks up the glass. He swishes it around a bit and tips it into his mouth, setting down the glass after... Krazzarine's eyes grow big and he begins having a coughing fit, pounding his chest with a gloved hand while doing so. After a few moments it can be visibly seen that he is as drunk as a slime swimming in absinthe. He begins slouching and his body motions have become clumsy and unbalanced. "Holy *hiccup* dung. You wernt kiddin. What iss... ine dat stuf, lazz? Thas some of teh mos powerful stuff i'v ever drank. Gimme another!" *hiccup*

rolled 1d4 and got 2
Here we go!

"Oho lords, looks like ye be's havin' y'allselves a grand ol' time already, mon fri-eur~" Lexi cackled, stumbling over her misspoken French --or was it German? Didn't matter to the woman-- while dangling the long neck of the bottle in-between her fingers. The contents of the bottle sloshed about as she raised an eyebrow towards the horned man, "But, uh, I ain't lookin' ta give none o' them shots away fer free, y'know. Iffin' ya pay up fer a good refill, I maaaay well consider it~" she cooed. In the meanwhile, she leaned her free arm against the bartop while examining him with her uncovered eye. He ain't nothin' I've seen before in my life. Not bad!

"And, uh, what's in my good *$&@?" She snickered. "...Ancient Chinese secret," she lied through her teeth, dirty grin and all. She was clearly being a jokester today. "But, uh, can't be givin' all that $&#@ away. Not fer, uh, fer free, anyways..." she said with a matter of fact tone, raising an eyebrow as she continued, "And I ain't talkin' no money or them there favers n' all that good *@&$. Naw, I be talkin' 'bout some real good n' heavy paydirt, man."

{Sorry for the longawaited post.)

For once in his life, he gave a smile. He did bring his 'friend' with. A small robot, which peeked his head out from under the table. How he stayed hidden around Asroc was anyone's question. He was indeed a polite, bright boy, even if he rarely shown a smile, laugh or shed tears. He pulled off his hat and set it on the table.

"I humbly thank you with all my heart. Before I say another thing. I have a friend. He may not be human or large, but he is someone I have built and has travelled at my side for a while."

Snapping his fingers, a small, rotund robot hobbled out. Asroc scooped up the small robot where it remained un animated.

"This is Gellete Krone. I do have a much larger one, but I only make that one appear when I need it. They double as an oven when I have my need to bake."

He set the small robot on the table before him.

As the little robot poked its head over the bar, Lexi kept her eye on it. The f...ail is that thing? Not that she cared much at this point. She was in a mood to have some real fun, but... Lexi could help but smile back when the boy gave his own to her. At least someone's havin' a good ass time today.

Then Asroc swept it into his arms. That's his friend? Now he got her attention. "Friend, eh? Not that I mind, but..." Why do I care? she thought before taking a better look at the child sitting at her table. Now she remembered. This kid is new, and he still hasn't told her if he needed directions for where he was traveling. Yet, she might as well keep him entertained. (Even though she really wasn't that good with kids.)

She finished her sentence with, "I think your friend and, uh, my friend might get along. She's a real sweet thang, ya see," she explained, a rather fond expression dancing in her eyes, "Love, love, loves friends like yours. Maybe you might like her too." She then scratch her chin with her free hand while holding the bottle of booze. "Reminds me to call her up actually... Need the extra help anyway." Placing the bottle nearby on the counter, she turned towards a nearby phone posted on one of the back counters. "Gimme a sec, hun," she said to Asroc before she picks up the phone and presses a button, waiting for a moment until she shouts excitedly, "Creatia, baby~!!!"

Some of the patrons turned to the excitable bartender before most of them went back to their drinks and food. A select few lingered as they began to listen to the very loud conversation with a nosy ear. "Yeah, hi. You busy?" A pause. "Sweet! Look, I'mma need you to come down t' da bar, help a sista out? ....Yes, ya gotta wear the little pencil skirt, that's the uniform! ...Now we ain't arguin' this, Cre. Come or don't, I don't give a damn, but I'd love it if ya do! ..." A simple grin plays out on her face as she speaks even louder. "That's more like it! Get them sweet cheeks down here on the double!" A loud yet garbled yelling sound could be heard from the phone. "Can't hear ya, gotta go, bye~!" Tossing the receiver back on the pedestal to hang it up, she strolled back to the bar and gave the most sheepish of grins to Asroc. "Yeah, excuse that. She's a fussy thing. But uh... You sure you not lookin' to refill? May cost ya extra, but it's worth it!" If he didn't say yes, she didn't mind it. As long as he paid for his meal and kept catching her attention, she was fine with chatting the night away while tending to the other patrons.

((EDIT: Epic Week is over, but the Hollow's Tale Bar is still open! We're always up for new people joining in, so don't be shy~ Drop by and say hi!))

((Just giving this a quick bump up for those who are still interested in this RP! Of course, new blood is always welcome as well!))
Eleven Damon (played by Kenopisa)

((Mind if I pop in?))

He was growing rather comfortable here. Maybe due to this person was rather kind to him. Putting his hat back onhis hed, he gave a soft nod at the other.

"I am not lost, but I think it is getting late? I heard you may offer me a place to stay? I hope you do not mind. I was out earlier, getting some spices for cooking up a dish later."
Niall (played by YaFilthyAnimals)

(Oh boy let's try this out)
(Hope ya'll don't mind me just poppin' in)

When he first walked into the bar, he wouldn't be what you expected to be a 'Normal' customer. He was a mere 14 inches tall, with glorious fur that moved around his legs as he trotted along. With soft paws and a sharp glare in his green eyes. As the strange customer leapt up onto a bar stool he caught the eye of one of the workers. At that moment the tom did the quite unusual: With his thick Scottish accent in tow, he ordered a drink.

"Oi! Lass, lassie, I don' care. All 'm askin' ya is ta give me the strongest whiskey ya got." He says, reaching out of a small satchel slung over his shoulder with his maw and placing a few shimmering rubies onto the counter. "This is all I've got, make what'cha will of it. All I see are some shiny lookin' rocks."

((@Eleven and Niall: Of course you can jump in at any old time! More the merrier! Sorry for the delay, life got in the way hard mode. But I'm glad to be bringing new life back into the bar!))

Heard out on the streets, maybe? Lexi does indeed have rooms for weary travelers, but she wasn't quite sure how she felt about letting a kid stay all by his lonesome in there. "Yeah, Iunno 'bout that, kid," Lexi started, "Them rooms back there ain't for the faint of heart cuz' we got some real nasty types hangin' in the back where they shouldn't be, ya know what I'm sayin'?" She frowned at first from the thought of letting a child, no matter how capable he may be, in the back area. Then she then had a smart idea, or well... As smart as someone like Lexi can be. "How 'bout this? I'll let y'all stay 'bout c'here --for a fee of course-- but... You all gotta let me look out fer ya until them there mornin' comes a'knockin'. That sound like an okay deal to you?"

As she waited for her curious little acquaintance to answer, the cheekily grinning bartender caught sight of a cat trotting into the bar and making itself cozy on a nearby stool. An eyebrow perked up until it started to talk to her out of nowhere. Then she snorted. "Lookie here, now..." Lexi mused as she strolled over the bar to glance over her client's pay, "Usually I don't do full-on animals, but you's a cool cat, so I'mma let y'all slide real quick here. 'Sides..." She chuckled as she picked up a stray ruby, letting it catch in the light at a careful angle as she held it up, "Can't never say no to a payin' customer..." Even if they are talking fuzzballs like this one here. Yeesh. What is it with me and animals? Babe's sister's pug, now this goddamn cat. Stifling an 'ugh' from her throat as if she just ran into something that pissed her off, she raked the rubies inside another pouch that was stored underneath the counter and stashed it into the lockbox underneath the cashier.

While Lexi was doing that and reaching for a glass, she started to make some small talk, listening for Asroc's reply in the meantime. "Now, uh, don't get me wrong here, but first off, I ain't never met me a cat with no Scottish accent before. English Brit, good ol' Italiano, hell, think I met me a Easten Asian kitten before." Taking a towel from the back row of the bar, she took a moment to clean off the rim before going for the whiskey. "Y'all from the real Scotland or what?"
Ty Vulpintaur (played by TyVulpine)

A large gray four legged, two armed foxtaur entered, wearing only a bright red shirt. Glancing around, he moved to the rear of the establishment, and gently pushing a chair aside, plopped his tail on the floor, and dropped a large red book on a table. He flipped it open to a bookmarked page, scanning it and mumbling to himself.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Hollow's Tale Pub and Club (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus