Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Hollow's Tale Pub and Club (Closed)

Ty Vulpintaur (played by TyVulpine)

Ty had almost slunk down under his chair when the waitress had started yelling at other customer. Quite a trick, considering Ty's above-average height, really. "Er, uh, no thank you!" He replied quickly and put a few extra coins on the table
Lexi (played by Lucretire) Topic Starter

Lexi gave the most devious of smirks as she rose from cleaning up the mess the rowdy customer had made. Seems like she was rather pleased with his answer... or was it his fear? Nah, she was just pleased that the foxtaur seemed a bit more respectful to the woman. "S'what I thought," she grunted with a dangerous chuckle, dusting off her backside and arms, "But no, really. Ya need sumthin', call on me, ya hear? Nie-nie's not comin' back for orders anytime soon, so it's either me or the cute chica at the bar~" She motioned to Creatia handing out drinks from behind the counter with a bit of trouble. The tall brunette didn't seem too pleased with the fast pace or the atmosphere of the pub, but she still tried her best to keep up with orders and provide a smile. "Yer food'll be ready in just a sec, by the way. Hope ya enjoy the grub, honey baby~" With a thick and stubborn sway to her step, she returned to the bar just in time to hear out Asroc's response at last.

"'Primatives?' Is that there some fancy word fer the ol' common folk?" She raised an eyebrow to the young boy. She wouldn't be that mad at him if he said so, or even if he explained he only meant humans in general. In her eyes, he was still young, so he had lots of time to grow out of it or have it set in even more. Was his parents like this? Or something else? If he did give the human reason, then she would somewhat emphasize with him: humans were a weird race, and very superficial, and cold, and nosy, and outright dangerous and creepy at times. But that and the more positive aspects of the human race was what made them so much fun to hang around or mess with, in her opinion. She however sidestepped his next question by noticing how tired he was. Not that she wasn't hurting for more help, but that comes afterwards. "Yeah, uh... Maybe we can chew the fat on that after ya get sum Z's. How 'bout that?" Unlocking the counter door, she left it open for him. "You can pay your tab on the food now or after ya wake up in the mornin'. Your choice. Either way, I'mma show ya to th' crib, okay?" She gave a glance over at Creatia and called out to her. "Yo, Cre! I'mma show the kid to his room! You got the floor until Nire comes back!"

"B-but!" The meeker female stammered before letting it go; it wasn't worth the fight, and she didn't want Lexi scaring any children away. "....O-Okay..." As Lexi waited for Asroc to follow her, Creatia sighed a little, soon noticing a new customer from the corner of her eye.

"A-ah! Hello, uh... Mister!" The chipper female crooned towards him. "W-welcome to the, the um, T-The Hollow's T-Tale!" She waved towards him with the rag in her hand, a smile spreading her babyish cheeks. "P-please, come in, come in, m-make your, uhm, yourself at home...!" She seemed friendly enough, and unphased by the fact that there was a talking dog... thing... in the bar. Frankly, she's seen stranger occurrences just because she knew the owner.
Saedri Alnak (played anonymously)

Saedri walked into the pub and sat down as his blade rattling against his Armour made a slight noise. He crossed his legs and looked around looking as he was very thirsty. He had a very concentrated look on his face as he took off his helmet to breathe a little. He saw the bartender and walked up to her and said, "Could i have a drink of water please."

Ty nodded and put the diary away, watching another new person enter and ask for a glass of water. "Seem overly dressed, considering the heat. He muttered to himself, then chuckled remembering he was covered in fur and cloak, so hardly had a right to say anything.

The large man in the medieval suit of armor startled Creatia a bit, but then she cleared her throat immediately afterwards upon hearing his order. "Uh, uhm! ...Oh, a uh, a g-glass of water! S-sure!" Fumbling for a clean glass, the witch in a bartender's guise started to fill the cup to the brim with ice. While she reached for a case of bottled water underneath the counter, she made an attempt at small talk, which she didn't think she was good at. "S-So... What brings you to the, uh, to the pub... A-aside from drinking, I mean!" Pouring the contents of a fresh bottle into the iced container, she placed it in front of the warrior while listening to whatever answer he had for her. "H-here you go~!"

As Lexi busied herself with Asroc and Creatia bussed the bar, the raven-haired chef made her next appearance on the scene with even more plates than before. "Order's up, part uh... 12, I think?" She giggled to herself as she made her rounds at the tables yet again. Lexi paused to yell over her shoulder, "It's fourteen, Mei! Learn to count!" A blue-tinted eye roll was the cook's answer as she stopped at Ty's table. "Here you are, darling~" she said, setting a white platter of grill-seared meat in front of him, "One fine steak, cooked just the way you like it!" A flirty wink of her almond eye peppered her announcement as she sauntered off again, leaving a side note for Lexi as she passed by the bar. "By the way, boss lady, we need more chefs in here soon. You gonna call someone, or...?"

The "boss lady" waved her off. "Yeah, yeah, I got this, man! Maxie should be on his way!" But...A thought pressed against the forefront of her mind before letting it slide for a second. Maybe I do need to hire... Kid was asking just a second ago... I may well poke him about it after all. "So, uh, kid," Lexi started as she held the door open for him, "Ya'll said ya wanna work 'ere, right? What all can ya deal wit' while on th' job?" Wisest to ask what his limits were first.
Stratos - Gluttonous Fly (played by Asroc)

Stratos huffed at the other people that were around him. Surely, the people here made him nervous. Standing on his hind legs, he placed his large paws on top of a table top and tilted his head in a curious manner.

"Y'heard I can talk, right?" He asked.

He seemed rather calm, yet pained. The effects of SEED were kicking in. Mainly cull control his 'ravenous' nature. He placed his muzzle on the surface of the table, giving a rather sad look. Even with his bad, scarred eye, he still looked rather sadden. Some people did stare at him and a few others just pointed that there was a rather large, yellow furred dog like beast in a coat was in the area.

"Don' mind how I look. I can be human,but I like this better..."

Yeah. it was weird to others. Most of the times, he rarely spoke in this form around humans that found him strange. Allot would pay good money for something such as a human transforming into a beast mutt that could speak. He was smart enough to avoid contact and was crafty to slink out from being captured and locked up in a cage, chains and all.

"Murraaaa..."

He closed his eyes. His fur was shaggy and wet, same with the very coat he wore. He was hungry, if it was indicated by the low, rumbling coming from his stomach.

"Dammit..."

He covered his face with his large paw, feeling embarrassed.
Asroc - The Pygmalion Furnace (played by Asroc)

Flipping one end of his scarf over his shoulder and adjusting his cap, Asroc gave a small nod. He picked up his small robot friend and held him in his arms in a cradling manner.

"I will be gladly to lend a hand in the kitchen. My skills will cut you some time. Petite Krone and I can lend a hand.

He gave a simple hand wave and closed his golden eyes while keeping a neutral expression on his face. His dream may come true. A place and people that would accept him for who he was and his skills.

"Only limits I have is my perfection. I would like to make the goers here regardless primitive or not happy. As long they enjoy their fine dish, I could give them a five star meal on top of that."

His eyes scanned the area as they stopped at the weird dog at the corner.

"Even if I have to impress that large mutt there."

Lexi took one good look at the "large mutt" at the table, then back to Asroc. "Hmm... Tell ya what, work on them there social skills while workin' in the kitchen, and the gig's all yours! How 'bout it?" Not that Lexi could complain much because she had her own part-time waiter with a similar attitude who's still yet to show up (and this was disregarding her own foul-mouthed, extroverted nature) but she needed more people smiling at her staff, not wondering if they were trained in people skills.

While she awaited the youth's final decision, Creatia also took deeper note of the yellow creature. Not only did he look sad, but he looked hungry and in need of love and affection. The pitiful sight was more than enough to pull at the gentle witch's heartstrings... If only the bar wasn't so busy! Oh...! I wish Nire would come back from her break soon....

As if on cue, the tall rabbit furre made her swift return by exiting the back door while Lexi had it open. "Sorry I'm late, suga lovin's," she said, patting Creatia's head as she took one side of the bar, "Y'all been a good lil' miss while I was on break?"

Creatia flushed a pale purple red color. "I'm doing my best, M-Miss Nire, but uh..." She motioned to the dog at the table. "C-can I bus that one table there? I c-can do all the others if uhm, if you like..."

The cream-colored rabbit cooed as she fluffed up Creatia's cheeks with her paws. "Well, aren't you the sweetest thing? But I suppose it's all right, as long as Lexi's still busy with the boy over there."

"Y-yay!" Her exuberance showed as she pardoned herself from the armored warrior. "E-excuse me, sir... But I have to switch spots w-with Miss Nire here... But I-I'm sure she'll take good care of you!" With that, she clamored for a pen and paper before prying herself away from the ever busy bar. At least tending to tables was a bit less hectic.

Making a beeline towards the new face, she cleared her throat, and welcomed him. "W-why hello there, sir... D-do you need anything? Like some water or a bit of f-food?" Hearing his inquiry of his talking, Creatia giggled. "T-trust me, I've uh, I've uh, I've uh, seen lots weirder..." She perked up as the being excused his current form, quickly attempting to put his fears to rest. "No, I d-don't mind at all! We welcome a-all types, even if the crowd we get is a little, uhm, a little rude..." She stared at the people jeering at the dog-thing. Her harshly judgmental glance against her childish features was a warning to keep quiet. One or two piped down with a quickness while the others continued without a care in the world. New folk. Seriously.

Turning her attention back to Stratos, she frowned as she witnessed his condition get worse. "A-are you sure you don't want anything to eat? I c-can get you whatever you like!" Her voice was worried, with a touch of maternal care to it. She didn't like seeing people sick, and he appeared malnourished.

Ty finished his meal and went to see about his room. Hopefully it was prepared properly for his unusual form. Not many places he'd been had taur accommodations.
Nire (played by Lucretire) Topic Starter

Nire perked up as the taur creature approached the counter and gave another pleased smile. "Howdy there, sug, is there something else ya need from me?" The rabbit furre chirped. If he was checking on his room, Nire will nod and tap Lexi on the shoulder. "Yo, Miss Lexi. We got a guest stayin' the night~!" If he meant to ask the woman any other question, she would hear him out, leaning in a bit closer against the counter as he talked.

"Eh?" The hidden owner would look up from talking to Asroc. "Oh, pfft, go on then, get him all nice and cozy like." With that, she would give Nire a flippant hand wave to ensure it was alright by her to lead him to his room. Meanwhile, regardless of Nire speaking to her or not, she gave a stray side eye to Ty as she continued prodding the young prodigy for an answer to her question. Seems like she still had her eye on him.

The cream patterned female would open the side door and motion him to come around. "This way, and uh... Careful where ya step. Don't want y'all ta get hurt now!" Opening the back door wider, she wouldd step aside to let him go first before following right behind.

The back room would reveal a small hallway that opened out to a quiet open lounge. Along with sleek tables, chairs, couches, and a compact bar setup, there would be a roped off area in the center of the room. Getting closer would show a set of stairs that led deeper below the establishment. Behind the stairs and towards the far end of the lounge stood a simple door; a sign hooked onto the center of it stated in bold and messy red lettering, "STAFF ONLY!"

The hallway itself had two doors lining each side, all spaced out in an even row. The waitress would open one on the far left end and motion him inside. "Here's your room, hun. Enjoy~"

The room itself was huge enough for the foxtaur to walk around as he wished, but given the space between each door, they all seemed to be of that size. A large rug was laid out on the lush carpet, and a bed was set nearby. It had all the basic amenities a prim hotel room would have, including a bathroom that seemed large enough for his body to fit as if it were a small house bathroom, albeit any other two-legged person would find the same room spacious, if not a bit too luxurious.

"If y'all need anything, just holler for ol' Nire, hmm?" She would say to him, her paws clasped in front of her in a polite manner. "Y'all need anything else before I head back out? I'm all ears!" She'd seem attentive to whatever he had to ask of her, but if there really was nothing else he needed, she would leave him to explore the room at his leisure.

This person was kind. He relaxed himself as he kept standing on twos and having his paws on the table. His tail wagged a bit. Rarely it wagged, but seeing kind hearted people made him feel more at home.

"Got any meat? Y'know. I wanna munch..."
Creatia (played by Lucretire) Topic Starter

Oh my gods, it's just so cute~! The witch's smile widened at his reaction as she nodded in response to his question. "W-why yes we, uh, we do! We have all kinds of meat and y-yummy things here! Um, is there anything in particular that you'd like, or uhm, will any old meat do?" She gave a soft cooing sound while she waited for his answer, a bad habit that she had when waiting on others to respond.

Meanwhile, a bang of the front door and a sharp ring of the hanging shop bell alerted the customers and staff to a new face... A very surly one belonging to a tall, built man in a business suit. Hazel green eyes scanned the area and locked onto the owner of the pub, before he made a straight line towards her. His long white ponytail trailed against his brisk walking as he slammed both hands on the bar counter to get Lexi's attention. He pointed an accusing finger at her. "You," he began, disregarding if she was talking to someone or not, "Would you like to explain why you had Nire call me during a lunch meeting? And mention the New Year's Eve... Extravaganza no less." Whatever this extravaganza was, it didn't seem to sit well with the male upon mentioning it, as shown by his eyes glancing away in soft and muted shame.

Lexi raised up her hands in a defensive stance, leaning back as she gave a carefree reply, "Hey, cool yer hips there, Maxie, I needed the help!" She raised a hand to the larger crowd of people, including the current customers at the bar and tables. "Creatia ain't enough fer this crowd, and I thought ye had nuttin' else better t'do anyway!" She shot him a deviant sneer as her next words were laced with clear and teasing intent. "Aside from, uh, 'shmoozin'' with Missus Meliere, that is..."

His eyes narrowed at her jest, but his words would be the same regardless. "Is that all you needed me for? Waiting until after the end of lunch rush is always an option, you know..." As he spoke his next few words, he took off his jacket, gave it a rough shake, and folded it once before settling it over his arm. "But it can't be helped." He loosened his tie and slid it from his neck, it following the same path as his jacket. "Where do you need me? In the kitchen? At the bar?"

"Oho, now ye wanna play!" The bartender's raised hands turned into a shrug before one dropped against her waist, the other pointing at him. "But uh, you, my good man, are working them tables back there. Give them hips some extra shake in that quake and show 'em what ya got!" She turned back to Asroc, ignoring her staff member. "Sorry about that there, uh, Maxie's a real trip, y'know what I'm sayin'. Real nice though once ya get past all them there surly bits..."

'Maxie's' eyes rolled once as he corrected her on one matter. "I do believe I've made myself clear, Lexi... In the bar, it's not 'Maxie.' It is Maxwell. Please be so kind as to maintain some sort of professionalism... Miss Rhodes." With that, he finished folding over his jacket and retired to the back room.

Given a few moments, he would return once again in the standard uniform, ready to serve guests with a courteous smile (and none too pleased about doing so on such short notice). During that time, more customers may end up arriving, or may remain the same... Who knows with Lexi's pub.
Asroc - The Pygmalion Furnace (played by Asroc)

Asroc gave a nod. His little robot followed him behind as he trailed behind his master. Maybe the young French lad will make a living here. Maybe his dream would come true.

In the room, Asroc pulled off his hat and un tied his scarf. Hanging them on a wall, the young male gave a nod.

"I shall get a good night's rest for now."
Eliza quietly scooted into the pub with a stack of unorganized papers and a large army green backpack. As she opened the door it made a loud creek this caused Eliza to go off and hide in a booth. Laying out her papers and pulling a pencil from behind her ear she began to take notes on absolutely everything and everyone. Eliza even went as far as to take pictures and layed a recorder on the table.

"Sounds like a plan, little man!" Lexi torted as she leaned against the door, "If ya need anythin' else, ya holla fer me, ya hear?" Giving a wink to the young French baker, Lexi turned on her heel and left, leaving Asroc to close the door. He could handle that much, so it wasn't much of a big deal to the phoenix as she made her way back towards the bar... Then stopped as she reached the door leading back behind the bar. Did she forget something? "...Dammit, forgot to ask the brat to pay his bill!" Lexi murmered to herself, shaking her head and waving off. "Eh, I'll snag it from him in th' morrow."

She opened the door, just in time for Maxwell to emerge from the staff only door in the pub's usual male work attire: clean and pressed black slacks with the hem of a white button down tucked neat into the waistband, and a half-apron wrapped around his middle. The only other things of note were a pair of freshly shined shoes, and his usual red hair ribbon being traded for a black one that pulled back his long locks. He dusted off the sleeves as he motioned for Lexi to hold the door. "Wait for me," he said as he made his short walk towards the end of the hall.

"'Bout time you showed yo' face again!" Lexi held the door open as he passed by. "Now get them cheeks rockin', 'cause we got guests to serve!" She gave him a teasing smack to his backside as she squeezed through the door with him. "And put on a smile, will ya?!"

A frown was to greet her in return for her action, before it shifted into a tense and clearly mocking smile. "Yes, Miss Rhodes. Whatever you say..."

"Hey, hey! That's Miss Bomb-Diggity Boss Rhodes to you! Now get t' steppin'! We got customers waitin'!" She snapped as she sidled up against the bar to take the orders of a few drunkards waving for her attention.

Maxwell in the meantime would move to make his usual rounds at the tables to take food and drink orders, soon stopping in front of Eliza with a professional half-smile that still maintained a hint of friendliness. When he opened his mouth to speak, his voice was a poised baritone with a clear wit to it, a bare remnant of a Sicilian accent laced in his words from time to time as he greeted the newest patron.

"Welcome to the Hollow's Tale Pub and Club." Placing a menu in front of the girl with a gentle and easy touch, he continued, "I'm Maxwell, and I'll be your waiter for the evening. May I take your order? Or would you like to hear our specials?" While speaking, he had a pen and pad already prepared to write down her order. He was clearly used to working in a more higher end business judging by his demeanor. Or was he always like this?
Eliza tensed up as he came over not saying anything . She scooted more into the booth as if she just wanted to curl up in it but continued to doodle a quick sketch of him. Eliza then wrote 'hazelnut soup' one a slip of paper and pushed it to the edge of the table hoping he'd see it. Afterwords, Eliza fell a sleep on the table as her head basically dropped onto it making a loud thud.
Kiralya (played anonymously)

The bar door groaned loudly as a new figure stepped inside, light gleaming off of glorious platinum armor. Shadows around her gave the illusion of great size, and piercingly cold lavender eyes surveyed the room. A massive axe strapped to her back, she seemed to have come for trouble. Several minutes passed, and still, she just stood in the doorway, betraying no signs of her intentions.
Raiden (played by Ebb1993)

Raiden sat down in the bar, he was both starving and thirsty and he didn’t want any violence because he was taking a break for a while. He asked the bartender, “Mind if I have a drink of soda and a piece of chicken, please?”

Stratos' ears perked up. The sound of steak sounded good. Very good. His tail waved some more as he stuck out his tongue. He did look very cute.

Other people were arriving. What could he do? Pretty sure they would not mind a huge, talking dog here. If only he went into his human mode. Looking over at the young girl cladded in a blue hat and outfit, Stratos gave a fanged smile. Something he only did when he liked someone. This girl reminded him of Elise. Someone who accepted him for who he was.

"Ma'am... steak... mutton... maybe some tasty elk can do me in...?"

He gave a rather adorable look, as if he was a puppy that did something bad. His ears perked up when he heard a thud. Looking over his shoulder, he saw that girl fell asleep?

"'Cuse me, miss." Stratos addressed.

Padding over on soft paws over to Eliza, he gently pressed his muzzle on her to wake her up, like a good dog who maybe worried. He whimpered a bit and lowered his ears.

((Wow, all at once, huh? Don't mind me if I have to go down the list here somewhat...

Edit: Forgot about one person. Added that in!))

One pale eyebrow piqued once as the young female wrote down her order for hazelnut soup before laying her head down. We get all types here... The waiter thought as he copied the order down on his pad, then flipped the paper over and scribbled something else down on the sheet of paper in a neat yet loose calligraphic handwriting. Ripping it off cleanly, he placed it on top of her note before moving onto the next table without a word. If the young girl woke up before her order was delivered to her and noticed the new note on her written order, it would say the following: "Understood. Please make yourself comfortable as we deliver your food. I'll be back shortly with your meal. If you require anything else, please call for me. Signed, Maxwell"

In the meanwhile, the gleam of the newer patron's platinum armor caught Lexi's eye, and she set down a glass of water in front of one of her more quiet customers. "Hey!" She shouted towards the newcomer. The former's intentions may not be betrayed by her stance, but Lexi's own intentions were betrayed just by her talking. Forget her own impatient stance that itched for a fight. "Y'all gon' stand there like a statue of David, or are ye gon' get wasted like the rest of these bozos here!?"

And then her attention was caught yet again by the newest patron that sat down and gave his order. "Yeah, what?" She spoke distractedly, giving a side glance to the stark still figure in the background, "Soda and a plate o' chicken? I'm on it!" Writing down the order, she turned to the back door and gave another holler. "Yo, Nire! Hurry up, will ya?! We got s'more customers waitin' t be fed out here!"

After that, Lexi rummaged into a box under the counter and retrieved a small dart. Wrapping the order around the projectile, she gave it a quick toss towards the kitchen door, just as the chef Mei-Mei started to return with another order. "Order up, part- Eek!" She froze as the dart missed her face and hit the door frame instead. Regaining her composure for a moment, she shrieked at the bartender. "Lexi, what was that for?! I told you not to keep doing that!"

"Hey, the bar's busy! What am I s'pposed t'do, leave th' post?! That's Maxie's job!"

"'Maxwell,' Lexi," he reminded her as he placed another order at the kitchen window, then moved to take some of Mei-Mei's dishes off her hands as they both went to deliver the food and drinks.

"Whateva, man!" Another look was shot to the person in the doorway. Depending on their next action, Lexi would prepare to serve another customer, or prepare to fight. It didn't matter to her... She was looking for more fun anyway.

Despite all the noise, Creatia was unphased as she wrote down the animal's order with a smile. "Of course, w-whatever you like, mister puppy! I'll, I'll get that f-for you right away~!" She did worry a moment as the girl laid her head down, but found the dog-creature an adorable thing to wait by her side as the orders were retrieved. "Aw, th-that's so sw-, so swe-, so cute...!" A giggle was given before she plodded off to take another order before handing them in to the chef.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Hollow's Tale Pub and Club (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus