Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Hollow's Tale Pub and Club (Closed)

Nire (played by Lucretire) Topic Starter

Lexi took one look at the newcomer and raised a curious eyebrow. She's seen centaurs before, but in her line of work, something like... Whatever he was... Was a rarity that she's almost never seen. And she's definitely never seen anything like him before. However, she was more interested in trying to dig out one of her finest whiskey bottle for another four-legged creature, so she called for Nire. "Yo, Nire!" Lexi shouted to get her attention while she was bussing the tables, "We got sum fresh meat c'here! Make 'em get all cozy like, will ya?"

Nire stopped in the middle of her current chore --wiping down a table-- and chirped back, "Okay, ma!"

"Hey! Don't call me 'ma,' man! Sheesh, can't even catch a... goddamn break here..." Lexi grumbled with some grunts laced in her voice as she pulled out a heavy box of booze. If it was the best the cat wanted, it was the best they'll get. Of course, it wasn't too fancy like the whiskey brew she had served from earlier, but it was still a very fine vintage for the rubies Niall was offering. Cracking open the crate, she retrieved an older choice bottle and popped it open, pouring it into a glass and setting it down in front of the talking animal. "Strongest we got, house special! Drink up!" She announced, a wink accompanying her statement.

Meanwhile, Nire plodded over to the new arrival with a merry skip in her step and a menu in hand. Placing it down in front of the table, the rabbit girl shot the foxtaur her usual professional yet friendly smile. A bit of buckteeth showed every so often as she spoke to him. "Why hey there, sug, and welcome to the Hollow's Tale~" She fished out a pen and pad from her skirt while continuing to greet Ty, "I'm Nire, and I'll be your pretty lil' ol' waitress this evenin'! What can I do ya fer? Anything in particular ya gotta taste fer? We may well have it~" Her smile widened a bit. "And if we don't got it, we can sure as well find it! ...Ehe, for a fee, of course..." Nire teased with a playful wink of her eye as she waited for his order.
Niall (played by YaFilthyAnimals)

(I apologize for getting back to you so late @lexi, also I am just awful at writing accents so once again I do apologize ^^')

Niall's thick tail swished a bit. "Thanks lassie, really needed dis." The cat said, going and quickly lapping at the liquid.

His nose briefly scrunched up but a satisfied smile came to rest at his feline lips. He adjusted his seat before turning to Lexi again. Now sort of sitting on his hind legs, one front leg on the counter and another wrapped around the cup.

"Anyways, enouh smol talk 'bout me, where'd'ya havetah come from ta have such an interestin' voice as yours?" He asked, cocking a non-existent eyebrow.
Ty Vulpintaur (played by TyVulpine)

The taur looked up from his book, cocked an eyebrow at the bunny waitress, giving her a quick look up and down her form and picked up the menu, barely taking his eye off her "I'll take the most expensive steak ya got and a beer." Setting the menu back down, he smiled at the doe.

((@Niall: It's cool! I assure you, Lexi's accent tends to shift when I don't need it to as well, so you're totally fine!))

Nire flushed a bit as the male helped himself to a better look at her body rather than glancing at the menu. She wasn't too thick, but she wasn't that slim either, having a decent amount of curves that could attract a suitor if she wanted to. If not for the tall height, she would be much more shapely to most men's eyes. She then perked up as Ty finally gave his order to her. It was only a few seconds, but it felt more like exceptionally long minutes to the fussy waitress.

"Steak and a beer, got it!" She wrote his order down as her hips and pose swayed playfully in place like a twisting and willowy tree. "Now how'd y'all like that steak o' yers? We got well, medium-well, medium, medium-rare, rare, raw, charred, and overcooked~" She cooed. Nire always had to ask that kind of question to each customer, no matter how normal they seemed; who knows how exactly they liked their steak and other meats, especially around here.

"Pfft, me?" Lexi asked, placing a hand on her chest and teasingly posing like he had just asked her a strange question before settling her other hand on her hip, "Nowhere special, man, just talkin' how I wanna, y'know what I'm sayin'?" Kicking against her heel while crossing a leg behind the other, she leaned against the counter, "But between you 'n me, I may've picked it up from m' pops. Cool ol' buzzard, man, gotta real thang fer talkin' all smooth like 'n shizz." Where exactly she got her "accent" from wasn't something Lexi was about to share readily, but her quip was somewhat of an answer. It was better than nothing, since technically he was the one who gave her the idea to start speaking differently in the first place.

"But where ya'll be comin' from? I'll admit t' seein' cats like you, but ya gotta place t' call yer own or what?" She asked.

Ty chuckled softly "Medium, please." He looked around and lowered his voice "I need a room too, what's the best place that accommodates...someone like me?"

"'Someone like you?'" Nire repeated curiously, giving the man a better look as she scribbled down his request. With those legs of his, it was clear why he asked that kind of question. "I do believe we have one more good-lookin' room in the back! Real wide like, plenty of space to move around and be all cozy and stuff," she explained, "but we do charge a fee per day! What'dya say? Want me t' run that request by Miss Lexi, see if she can't get you all settled in?" As soon as she heard out his answer, she would get started on sending the order out to the chef, and if it was an affirmative, give Lexi the heads up that a room was also ordered from their "not-so-secret" menu.

"A fee?" Ty's eyes narrowed "Almost sounds like you treat us four-leggers as cattle." Sighing, he pulled out some coins "How much for two nights?"

Cattle? Nire didn't understand what he meant by that, and it showed in her gently worried expression. "I assure ya'll, I didn't mean to offend ya or nothin'!" The rabbit girl offered with a tinge of sweet sincerity in her tone, "We always be askin' a fee when it comes to anyone in general who wants a room! Two legs, four legs, tentacles, alien, human, don't matter. We welcome anyone who wants a room here! No discriminatin' 'round here, not fair to none of us who work here, yeah?" Everyone's money was the same after all, no matter where they came from. "But the room is on the house for the night if I really did upset y'all that much!"

In the meanwhile, the eye of a certain guised phoenix raised towards the table where Nire was working. Was a customer trying to cause trouble already? The rabbit eared woman could handle herself with words alone usually, but Lexi kept a careful eye out just in case. Besides, Nire was getting to be too nice for her own good to offer a night for free.

Ty sighed "Ill just pay for the room." He caught the eye of the Phoenix across the room "That one could be trouble..." he thought to himself, "Or maybe knows if my sister came through here last week."
Raziel (played by Lupus-Raziel-Shadows)

A man, or creature, walked into the bar. He was dressed in a long, dark, hooded cloak to hide his grotesque features beneath. All that could be seen of him was the white glow of his eyes. In all, he was relatively short, and walked in a combat ready manner, as if he had seen many attacks and was always ready for the next. He took a quick glance around the dim room, yet made no introduction. His attention was drawn to a lone table, where he would take a seat. His glowing white eyes scanning the people in the room, as if looking for a certain person.
Lexi (played by Lucretire) Topic Starter

Nire nodded as she wrote down a small note in her pad. "I'll be sure to make the room extra cozy for you then~" she chirped to Ty as she traipsed off to relay the order to Lexi. In the meantime, the raven-haired woman's eye narrowed as if to warn him not to try anything funny... Yet her wayward smirk was present even then, and only brightened into a toothy grin as she took the slip from Nire.

"Yo, Mei-Mei! One cow's slab, and midway that shizz!" Lexi shouted out loud, giving a nod to the floppy-eared female to prepare his drink. She would do it herself, but someone else had just arrived on site. And where the hell is Creatia?! She's taking too long!! She grumbled to herself as she stepped from behind the counter, just in time for a tall female with a trailing brunette braid to stumble in. She had on the same black and white uniform as Lexi, but a lot more prim. Speak of the devil.

Deep green eyes scanned the room and locked on the hidden phoenix. She then approached her with a shy waddle, seeming rather... Uncomfortable. "I-I'm here, M-Miss Lexi..." She stammered out.

Lexi broke out into a touchy-feely route as she slapped the woman on the back playfully. "Creatia, baby!! It's good ta see ya, honey! Look, take th' bar fer me, I got a customer ta handle. Put on that cute charm of yours and shmooze, okey~?"

The taller of the two frowned. "You know I don't... I don't like working the bar much, Lexi..."

"Well that's too damn bad! Get that sexy butt behind the bar and start takin' orders!" She gave Creatia's lower back a hard smack to emphasize the point, earning a shriek from the shy woman. "Like I said, gotta run t' th' next customer. Toodles, sweetie-cheeks!" With that, she placed one hand on the counter and cleanly hopped over it, her unbound chest shaking as she approached Raziel.

"Well, yo, yo, yo, and welcome to the Club and Pub! Or th' Hollow's Tale Pub and Club if'n ya wanna get more technical... So, howzzit goin'? Would ya like ta order now or get all cozy like?" Her boisterous attitude punctuated every word, giving the air of a very confident female... Or at least a very confident waitress that can provide good service. She crossed one leg forward as she waited for his response, a hand settling on her hip. She didn't need a pen and pad this time. Now that one more waitress has the floor, she felt a lot more comfortable remembering everyone's orders by her mind alone.

As the loud owner attempted to chat up Raziel, the brunette female made herself acquainted with the bar, noting two people in particular sitting down. A young boy and... A really cute cat! She tried to hold in her sudden enthusiasm to pet the fluffy thing since it was drinking what appeared to be whiskey, so she addressed Asroc instead. "Uhm, hi there! W-welcome to... Welcome to the H-Hollow's Tale! Is there.... Is there anything I can get for you?" Despite her shaking voice, she seemed kind enough to talk to. Or at least order from.
Raziel (played by Lupus-Raziel-Shadows)

"I would prefer not to drink or eat, I am here for other, less pleasant reasons." Raziel replied, his voice was deep and smooth, holding a slight english accent. Yet unknown to the others, he was in fact using his mind to communicate. As, though hidden from sight, he had no bottom jaw. The soul-eating wraith would look up at the female from under the dark hood, his glowing eyes narrowed slightly.
"Have you seen a man known as Kain?"

Ty looked away from the hard gaze of the female and turned his attention to a worn book he retrieved from the napsack attached to the middle of the feral part of his body and skimmed through it "Last entry....two months ago....dammit Em, what happened to you?!" He muttered, digging a foot claw into the floor in mild annoyance.

Lexi placed both arms behind her head, tilting her face to the side with a overtly pouty pucker to her lips. "D'aww, well ain't that there a shame!" She cooed, "Here ya got me thinkin' I had a customer~" She was just kidding, of course, but his next words had her lower her elbows a bit, but never leave their locked position. "Hm, I ain't no people-findin' service, man," the brown-eyed barkeep started with a teasing lilt of her voice, "I'm justa sweet ol' bartender~" She dropped her hands as she leaned forward as if to continue her teasing game, but her smile faltered for a moment. She took to a more quiet and secretive response that never really lost its initial attitude. "But if ya want a hint, speak to me at the bar, not the table. Too many eyes and ears up front right c'here, if ya catch my cold."

With that bit of advice, she sauntered away from the table, turning to give a friendly nod to the wraith with a slight shift of her eyes. Was that a hint to follow her? Regardless, Lexi was heading back to the bar: if she wasn't taking an order, no reason to stand around and look pretty... Even though it was technically her place and she could do just that if she wanted to.

As the phoenix owner passed by the table with the foxtaur, he managed to catch her attention... Not with his words, but with his claws scratching the floor. "Hey!" She snapped suddenly, "Watch th' claws, man, or you be payin' for that! Sheesh, people be comin' all in 'ere with some attitudes and..." The rest was a bitter grumble as she literally jumped back over the bar, not caring about using the side door like a normal person. Before and while she talked to Raziel, she was gonna have to keep a close eye on him. Who had his table... Nire, right? "Yo, Nire! C'mere a second!"

With a hop to her step, Nire was at Lexi's side in an instant with the full mug of beer on a silver tray. "Yes?"

"You on break, hun. We got Creatia here, so y'all can rest them little tootsies o' yers, eh?" She swiftly slipped the tray from the furre's paws, balancing it cleanly in one hand. "I'll bus yer tables, I need the action anyway."

The cream-colored lapine pursed her lips open with unsure eyes. "Are you sure, Mama Lexi?"

Lexi slammed her face with her free hand immediately as the words 'mama' left Nire's mouth. "What did I just get through tellin' ya, huh?"

"Oh, sorry!" A hand paw was slapped over Nire's muzzle in a silencing and apologetic gesture.

"S'what I thought. I told ya, I got this. No sweat, Ni-e~!"

"Okay, if you insist..."

Lexi waved the floppy-eared female off towards the back room, giving her a playful push to ease her on. As the brunette rabbit disappeared behind an ebony and crimson tinted curtain, the raven-haired diva glanced at the customer that she was now going to serve. Oh, this is gonna be a real trip... Bothering to use the door this time, she walked back to Ty's table with his drink. If Raziel showed up to the bar before she ran back out to the tables, she'd give a simple wink and tell him to wait for a moment as she tended to a customer or two.

"Yo! Here's your poison," Lexi said as she set the frothy beverage on the table in front of him, the empty tray soon folded under her arm as she set a hand on her hip. "Food's comin' out in a sec. Want anything else or what?" An eyebrow was raised. Was she challenging him? Or did she have something else in mind? No one really knew with this woman.

Ty opened his muzzle to say something smart to the woman walking by, then decided it wasn't worth it and shrugged. Tapping the foot instead, he continued to read the journal, looking for clues to his sister's disappearance.
"It's been three months since I started tracking the target. He doesn't know, thankfully. I should be able to make my move tomorrow." Ty muttered as he read. "He always goes to the temple at three in the afternoon every Wednesday alone. I can nab him then, and then get the hell out of..." Ty sighs "It stops there, like someone surprised her. Impossible. Em's an expert assassin and it's almost impossible to surprise her." Ty sighed and rubbed his eyes.

That awkward moment of silence to be had between Lexi's serving of his beer and the next words that came out of her mouth was cut by his reading. Was he ignoring her? Did she care that he seemed worried about whatever he was reading? Did she show concern that his words took on a tone of dread at whoever this 'Em' person was? She would, and it showed for a moment in a softened lowering or her eyes that soon faded as fast as it began. If he would address her and started asking questions, she would also show a bit of mercy and take it easy on the guy. However...

It was ultimately none of Lexi's concern unless he was looking for information from her and paid her for it. So a more genteel response to his musings wasn't to be expected from the foul-mouthed waitress of the moment, especially from how she reacted next. She simply took it as him ignoring her when she asked if he wanted anything else. "Hey!" It was a sharp sound, filled with exhausted pride and irritation. Some of the regular patrons looked up at the dark-haired screamer before turning back to their drinks, assuming correctly that she was just about to go off on another tangent again. The sideways turn of her lips and a cocked eyebrow only hinted even more at her impatience. If that managed to catch his attention, she'd continue to natter for a moment.

"I don't know what y'all's deal is, but it ain't happenin' 'round 'ere, capishe? If ye got somethin' t' say, then say it! I ain't got all day to be sittin' 'ere listenin' t' yer readin' hour!" With that bit of vocal yammering out of the way, she cleared her throat, settling into a more professional stance. "Now, do ya want anything's else or not?" The tapping of her heel against the floor was the only thing that gave away the fact that she was really getting miffed, maybe even outright annoyed.

If he deigned to leave after her outburst, she personally wouldn't care less. It just meant that whatever meal he ordered was going to be her lunch. If he chose otherwise --yelling in return, continuing to ignore her, or giving the phoenix something different to act on-- Lexi would play his game all day until he let up and gave the bartender a break or she got bored enough with him to leave him to his sulking. She had all the time in the world... Besides, she adored messing with her more surly customers.

Ty blinked as he realized the female was standing there with his beer "Oh, uh...thanks." He blushed and then looked as someone shouted.

Lexi looked up towards the shouting customer and yelled even louder. "Hell's your deal, huh?! The only one who should be shouting here is me!"

The patron responded with an even louder and drunken complaint. "This beer is lousy as $&#&! And where's my goddamn food?! The hell's wrong with this damn bar?!" Lexi slammed down her foot. That was the last straw for the moment. She stormed over to the customer in question and began to lay into him, forgetting (or not caring) to excuse herself from her four legged customer.

"Look 'ere, pal, y'all don't pay me enough ta deal with whiny ass brats like you," she snapped, "Ya ain't got crap t' complain about if you high off yer damn horse with my goddamn booze anyway! If it's so 'lousy,' then get the hell out my bar and don't come back!" If anyone could sense auras, then hers would be a brilliant and menacing red. A few other people got silent as she yelled.

The man in question yelled in response, a hiccup or two lacing his throat, "Fine! I will, ya cheap ass #&@*#@! I ain't gotta... gotta sit here and be talked down by your... your @&#($ lookin' ass!" Tossing a table to the floor, he got up and stumbled out with a sway to his step. The man was clearly drunk to the brim, and it showed as he laughed for no real reason on his way out.

The waitress sighed as she leaned over to sit the table back to its rightful place, shaking her head. She had almost forgotten about the foxtaur if not for the fact she had dropped her tray while picking up the furniture. Lexi gave Ty a somewhat apologetic yet still unamused look. "Sorry 'bout that. But, y'all still didn't answer my question. Anythin else' you want while I clean up this mess?" She looked just a bit tired, but she was never going to admit to that.
Asroc - The Pygmalion Furnace (played by Asroc)

"I had my run with primitives in the past. I have lost my mother and my siblings due to primitive backlash."

His voice tone sounded less harsh. Maybe he was warming up a bit? He gave a nod as his golden eyes felt heavy. It was obvious he was rather tired.

"I do wish to help out here. Maybe I can assist in helping with food items."
Stratos - Gluttonous Fly (played by Asroc)

Where was he this time?

He wasn't in human mode, but seemed to prefer his more beastly mode for some reason. Maybe it was easier for him to get food this way. Many called him "weird", "Weird Dog", "Dog-Fly" and other things. He didn't care. He could walk on fours. He could walk on twos.

Sure he was weird and a bit odd, but was lovable for what he was.

He had scars on his face. Mainly from fights and being kept captive. He was experimented on. His "fur" was flaming and a golden yellow colour. His eyes were a yellow, or in once case. Eye. His other eye was somewhat milky due to a cut going through it. His front paws were huge.

He wore 'clothing'. Only a Sumeragi uniform jacket covering his body. Normally as a human, he wore it around his waist.

"Keef.. Keef.. Keeeff.."

What sort of sound was that? Huffing? Was he winded? He was travelling pretty far. His pelt was rather scraggly and he was slightly weak. Normally he would go hunting, but the scent of human made food drew him in.

"I should... be human.. but.. I don't know. Should I?"

He had a rather weird way of speaking. Questioning things as if others were there.

"Maybe. Maybe Not. Can't frickin' make up my mind, gao..."

However, he saw the doors to the pub. Standing on twos, he used his front paw to push in the door open. His senses perked up. There were allot of people here. All sorts of people. He whimpered a bit. What if they found him odd? Strange? What if they shoo'd him out?

What if he spoke around them? People find that strange. He can't transform just yet.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Hollow's Tale Pub and Club (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus