Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Hollow's Tale Pub and Club (Closed)

Kiralya (played anonymously)

As Kiralya's eyes finally adjusted to the light, she heard the barkeep shouting, and flushed a deep red.
*Ya look a total fool!* an old mans voice said in the back of her mind.

Kiralya stepped out from the shadows, revealing her diminutive stature.
"I... I am very sorry if made a scene in your bar. My eyes just have trouble in varying lights."
She offered as an appology, then made her way to quiet booth, not even noticing the elderly man sitting there, staring off.
Lexi (played by Lucretire) Topic Starter

"Pfft, whatev's, man..." Lexi waved off the small warrior, giving a flourish to the establishment as a welcoming gesture, "Just sit right on in, make yerself real cozy like!" Grabbing a liquor bottle from one of the shelves, she twirled the neck in her fingers before popping the cap and pouring the liquid into a silver cup. As she worked, she started chatting up the auburn-haired female. "So, what's yer poison, sweet thang? Ol' Lexi's got whateva yo' lil' ol' heart desires, eh?" She continued to natter on as she replaced the first bottle with another one, strange and sparkling silver contents akin to bits of mercury falling into the container as well. "Food, drink, booze, you name it, I got it!" Tossing a bit of ice in, she capped the canister and started to shake it with a casual flair, flipping it back and forth like it was a football, not a drink. "And if I don't got it, you can bet your sweet cherry ass I'll find it!"

"Hey, quit yet yammerin' and serve th' booze, wench!" A burly customer in full armor snapped towards the feisty female. In response, Lexi snapped the cap from the shaker with a lot more force than necessary. It bounced off of the man's helmet, ricocheted against the ceiling, and landed square into Lexi's free hand. "And that's all I gotta say t' ye, ya cantankerous ol' buzzard! Now here." Pouring the finished cocktail into a brown mug, she set it in front of him and shooed him off. "Take it and get plastered. And don't forget yer tab this time! Anyway..."

Leaning against the bar and shaking her head once to get some of the loose strands of hair to fall back into her giant bang, she spoke up once more. "Sorry 'bout that. So, what's good, what can I do fer ya?"

Kiralya's face came alight with amusement as she watched Lexi work. Such graceful and skilled, yet rough, movements were rather foreign to her.

"I'll take a glass of your best red wine, and a plate of livermush, if you have it."
She smiled pleasantly at Lexi, but her expression quickly changed to one of concern.

Kiralya patted herself down, attempting to search her pockets for coin, when she realized she HAD no pockets. Memory flooded back to her of leaving the inn, her bag no longer with her.

With a defeated sigh, she unclasped her right gauntlet and placed it on the table.
"Pure platinum. I hope it will suit as payment for my meal."
Suddenly noticing the strange old man, who held a certain air of familiarity about him (though still he just stared off vacantly), she continued, "And the elders tab as well, provided he hasn't paid?"
Eliza slowly lifted her head after a few moments looking at the note. She grabbed the water and took a sip as she sat up reading the note. Then she layed back sighing before doodling everyone once more.
Stratos - Gluttonous Fly (played by Asroc)

Stratos' ears lowered a bit at the girl he nudged. He placed a large paw on the table, next to her paper. His tail wagged a bit as he panted. Sure, he would not speak yet. He did not know if she be freaked out by him.
Grandpa (played anonymously)

"THE JEWS!!"

The grating, high-pitch squawk wailed abruptly from the general direction of the bar, loud enough for every patron in the building to hear and downright painful for whoever was unfortunate enough to be sitting immediately beside him.

The old man had been staring off into space for who-knows-how-long, a vacant expression on his face, cupping the glass of whiskey in both hands atop the surface of the bar. Now, he returned to life with a screech, pounding one open palm on the bar with a furious expression on his shriveled face. "I knowed's it all the time, I did! Them Jews-"

Then, he froze, and blinked emerald eyes as if suddenly adjusting to a drastic change in lighting. Slowly, he looked from left, to right. He looked down and contemplated the drink in his hands, watching the amber liquid rippling from his earlier thwack. It was, for one subtle moment, as though all the answers to all the questions in the multiverse were swirling within that little golden pool.

Then, licking his lips, the ancient man shifted in the barstool to be leaning back just a little, generally relaxing, bringing the whiskey to his lips and sipping appreciatively. Good stuff. Very good stuff. Grandpa could down a bottle of Jacques Danielle's in a matter of moments - but whiskey like this was meant to be appreciated. So, he appreciated it. The realization of readjusting to a new reality was no reason to neglect such a glorious specimen of alcoholic wonderment.

At last, Grandpa leaned over to whoever happened to be sitting next to, or otherwise closest to him. Quietly enough for only them to hear, he muttered something about Jews, listened to their reply, then sat up a little straighter. "I see." He muttered introspectively, with a nod.

There were a lot more people in the place than he had recalled. More wait staff, too. Naturally, he was looking about for that pretty dark-skinned lass within moments of his realization that there was nothing at all wrong with Jews. He found her without much trouble - simultaneously noting a surly, helmeted man who he was pretty sure had disrespected his ladyfriend in the moments prior to his returning to this reality.

But he was never quite sure of such details, so he resolved to wait for the guy to do something else unsavory before going ape@#$% on him. Still, he gave him a pointed stinkeye just to see if he could instigate something. Absently, he wondered if shooting up some heroine might brighten his day a little. He was pretty sure he had some in his pocket, but ultimately decided against it for the time being.

Finally, thinking back to the most recent of his 'spaced-out' states, he decided that the memory where John Travolta burst through the door and started indiscriminately murdering people had been a false one, and the memory where a young woman seated somewhere behind him had implied that he had not paid his debts. That seemed like a perfectly good reason to be angry, so Grandpa swiveled around in his seat to face her. "You's sayin' Grandpa don't pays his bills, lassie?" He croaked, eyes narrowing suspiciously as a spark of uncertain recognition passed over them.

Of course, he hadn't paid his bill yet - and he probably wasn't going to - but that wasn't the point.

Kiralya's jaw dropped. Out of concern, her face still incredulous, she placed the back of her now-bare hand against the old mans brow.

"No fever... but you've clearly gone senile. You poor thing... I'm sure you've paid your debts, yes of course." She looked at him with concern and pity, staring with her again cold eyes.

Something told her she knew this man. That he had once been important to her, but for no effort could she recall his face. The voice in the back of her mind seemed to grow still.
Magnus stepped inside Hollow's Tale and took in his surroundings. Creatures of all sorts, some even human, mingled and drank around him. The sophisticated air of the bar seemed to clash with it's patrons. For what reason, he couldn't say. Though, he didn't think his t-shirt and jeans looked exactly appropriate next to the chandeliers.

When no one immediately grabbed him by the ear and threw him back outside, he decided to try his luck at the bar. God knew he could use a drink. Magnus approached the counter and sat down at one of the stools. He ran his hand over the beautiful wood counters before looking around for the attendant.

He caught sight of an apparent staff member behind the bar, just a few seats to his right. He got up and moved closer to the two she was currently attending. The young woman had begun to fuss over an impossibly old man with equal amounts of concern and aloofness. Deciding they probably were too busy to order, he called over to the bartender.

"Excuse me, miss?" He took a handful of gold out of his pocket and placed it on the counter in front of him. "What've you got for brandy?"

His ears perked up hearing that man screech. Laying on the floor, he put his over sized paws over his head and muttered.

"Shut... up..." Stratos snarled under his breath.

He gave a whimper as that man's voice was louder than his own stomach growling.

"I will bite your ass, old fart..."

His words were to himself. It was obvious he was annoyed.
Lexi (played by Lucretire) Topic Starter

"Ooh, the best I got, eh? You's askin' for it, then," Lexi cooed in delight, raising her body up to go fetch the footstool... Again. "Hope ya got the cash t' pay, this #$@% don't come cheap, y'know!" But it seems that the warrior had already answered the owner's questions by placing a pure platinum gauntlet onto the counter while Lexi wandered a small ways away. "Oo-wee~! Lookit that big ol' shine! Now ya's caught my attention, honey-honey!" That gem of armor gave the raven-haired gunner a bit more spring in her step, returning with the stepchair and placing it down in front of the woman. Not every day you see some sexy shine like that! She mused while hopping onto the makeshift platform with a light step. Glancing over her stock, she turned her head sideways to ask Kiralya a question. "So uh, any particular kind? That good merlot? Cabernet? Or just any old good expensive @#$& that catches this chica's eye?" She pointed to herself for emphasis.

As Lexi continued to chat up the striking warrior, Maxwell returned after a moment with a bowl of fresh and piping hot liquid set on a plate, with a small side of warm French bread placed near it. "Your hazelnut soup, miss." Easing the dish in front of the girl, that seemed to be the last entree that the white-haired waiter had to serve for the moment. Taking the time to whip out the pen and pad again, he decided to see to anything else she would want. "Is there anything else I can get for you? Of course," he spoke with a broadening and coy smirk, "There's not much need for you to be shy here, my dear."

And that's when the old man woke up and caught everyone's attention, even having Lexi's head turn again to see what was up. Jews? What about them? This geezer must've been insane to shout such nonsense for no reason. But Lexi didn't have much to say to that... She was just taken aback that he was still here. "There ya are, ye crazy ol' coot!" Lexi chortled as she tilted her body backwards on the stool, one hand on the shelf being her only reason that she hadn't made a wrong move and fallen flat on her butt, "How's the booze treatin' ya?! Need a top-up or what?" Though she did wonder what the sudden caring attitude with the woman was towards the elderly male, Lexi didn't pose the question just yet. Besides, she was still waiting for Kiralya to give her more specifics on what she wanted.... And another customer showed up to order anyway.

"Eh? Well, howdy there, short stuff!" Lexi called down to him with a flirty tease to her voice. Despite the remark, she was the shorter one of the two in truth, from the fact that she was using a footstool. Creatia passed by with Stratos' food as the boy gave his order, and glared at her commander upon getting a closer look at him; that was the witch's only warning to not serve alcohol to a minor, and the phoenix took it to heart. Don't need the hose this week, I'm already sore from last time she caught me sneakin' booze to kids. "Sorry, kid, don't serve poison to minors. 'Less ya got an ID, I gotta show y'all the virgin drink specials."

The brunette gave a smile in response before skipping off and placing the plate on the dog... thing's (?) table. "Order up~!" She sang with a happy tune, before noting that he seemed to be annoyed. "I-Is there something t-the matter, mister?" She asked with a quieter tone of concern. If there was, she'd do her best to help if it was a serious matter.
Cici (played by Miramaroon)

H h hey
Sissy (played by Maylee)

A small girl with a grey jacket on the hoodie pulled over her head walked in, a large black wolf/dog hybrid with a purple service dog vest walked besides her. She walked to a table in the corner and sat down the wolf jumped onto a chair besides the girl knocking her hoodie off. She quickly pulled the hoodie up again and stared at the table.
Eliza continued drinking before almost choking when she heard the old man yell before turning to Maxwell. "I'm trying not to be so timid it's just more people than I'm used to. You've got quite the diverse bunch in here" she said easing up and smiling.
Raiden (played by Ebb1993)

Lexi wrote:
((Wow, all at once, huh? Don't mind me if I have to go down the list here somewhat...

Edit: Forgot about one person. Added that in!))

One pale eyebrow piqued once as the young female wrote down her order for hazelnut soup before laying her head down. We get all types here... The waiter thought as he copied the order down on his pad, then flipped the paper over and scribbled something else down on the sheet of paper in a neat yet loose calligraphic handwriting. Ripping it off cleanly, he placed it on top of her note before moving onto the next table without a word. If the young girl woke up before her order was delivered to her and noticed the new note on her written order, it would say the following: "Understood. Please make yourself comfortable as we deliver your food. I'll be back shortly with your meal. If you require anything else, please call for me. Signed, Maxwell"

In the meanwhile, the gleam of the newer patron's platinum armor caught Lexi's eye, and she set down a glass of water in front of one of her more quiet customers. "Hey!" She shouted towards the newcomer. The former's intentions may not be betrayed by her stance, but Lexi's own intentions were betrayed just by her talking. Forget her own impatient stance that itched for a fight. "Y'all gon' stand there like a statue of David, or are ye gon' get wasted like the rest of these bozos here!?"

And then her attention was caught yet again by the newest patron that sat down and gave his order. "Yeah, what?" She spoke distractedly, giving a side glance to the stark still figure in the background, "Soda and a plate o' chicken? I'm on it!" Writing down the order, she turned to the back door and gave another holler. "Yo, Nire! Hurry up, will ya?! We got s'more customers waitin' t be fed out here!"

After that, Lexi rummaged into a box under the counter and retrieved a small dart. Wrapping the order around the projectile, she gave it a quick toss towards the kitchen door, just as the chef Mei-Mei started to return with another order. "Order up, part- Eek!" She froze as the dart missed her face and hit the door frame instead. Regaining her composure for a moment, she shrieked at the bartender. "Lexi, what was that for?! I told you not to keep doing that!"

"Hey, the bar's busy! What am I s'pposed t'do, leave th' post?! That's Maxie's job!"

"'Maxwell,' Lexi," he reminded her as he placed another order at the kitchen window, then moved to take some of Mei-Mei's dishes off her hands as they both went to deliver the food and drinks.

"Whateva, man!" Another look was shot to the person in the doorway. Depending on their next action, Lexi would prepare to serve another customer, or prepare to fight. It didn't matter to her... She was looking for more fun anyway.

Despite all the noise, Creatia was unphased as she wrote down the animal's order with a smile. "Of course, w-whatever you like, mister puppy! I'll, I'll get that f-for you right away~!" She did worry a moment as the girl laid her head down, but found the dog-creature an adorable thing to wait by her side as the orders were retrieved. "Aw, th-that's so sw-, so swe-, so cute...!" A giggle was given before she plodded off to take another order before handing them in to the chef.

He smiled as he got his soda and chicken. He took a fork and knife and cut a few pieces before eating then took a few sips of his drink.
Magnus frowned. A nearby abandoned glass gently tipped itself over with a vague air of disappointment. Next time, he would have to dress older. "Damn." he muttered. "Have you got... I don't know, orange juice? I'll just drink that."

Magnus watched the rest of the bar out of the corner of his eye. The old man looked lost. Not just here, but in life in general. Some lady had a service wolf with her, with its own chair and everything. And was that woman paying for her drink with pieces of her clothing?

He rather liked it here, even if they wouldn't sell to him. Somehow, he would find something to relieve the day's - year's - stress.
Grandpa (played anonymously)

Grandpa's eyes widened. He puffed up his cheeks, incredulity and outrage falling over him like a discontented mask of general unpleasantness.

"Wh- who the @#$%'s you callin' senile y'blasted runt!" He squawked - this time, only loud enough for most of the bar to hear, rather than all of it. So that was an improvement. It was worth noting that he and the young armored lady where about the same size, overall.

Head whipping around, he pointed an accusatory finger at the doglike creature. "You shut'cho muttass maw y'hear me! Or I'll's comin' over there an' shut it for ya'! Ain't no Grandpa be takin' no dadgum orders out alien-robo-doggos, no-sir-ee!"

Making the rounds, he swiveled the pointing arm around until it was aimed at the dark-skinned waitress. However when he spoke this time, all the harshness was gone. He was almost downright polite - but, of course, still shouting louder than he needed to. "Booze be darnright cherry I tellyhahwhat!" He barked, the pointing finger turning to a rather dramatic thumbs-up. "How 'bout somethin' a lil' cheaper an' a whole lot more of it ah? Grandpa ain't gettin' no drunks on good stuff-" And turning again, he was facing the young armored woman again, prodding her on the plated chestpiece. "An' I'mma gots'a be on a drunk f'I'mma deal with a dadgum runt what thinks Grandpa ain't got more wits' innum than the days of creation! I didn't spend two hundred years re-growin' a leg in a busted motel juss'a git called no motha@#$%in' senile by a little girl who hears voices!"

"A Merlot would be wonderful!" Kiralya said quickly to the barkeep, then went back to doting over the old man, tuning out the world around them.

At the mans sudden outburst, the voice in her head erupted, echoing the mans words. Her mind felt like it was cracking, shattering. For a second, the world faded to black. When her vision returned, she felt as a new person. Strange, what could have just happened? A trauma response? An epiphany?

Quietly, so only Grandpa could hear, Kiralya asked what now burned her mind.
"How do you know about the voices? How could you possibly know?"

Frustration began to overwhelm her. Things just didn't make sense.
Sissy (played by Maylee)

She shifted slightly glancing around at the other customers but quickly dropped her eyes down at the table. Luna jumped down of the chair and circled Sissys chair until She patted the seat next to her and Luna jumped up laying her head on Sissys shoulder. Luna jumped down angrily when someone yelled and snarled in there direction viciously as if she was saying: back off! “L l Luna” the small girl stuttered sternly and the black dog/wolf stoped quickly sitting by Sissys chair.
Mako Andrews (played anonymously)

Mako bursted into the room almost breaking the door and grabbed a chair in the middle of everyone. He slumped down in his chair and put his feet on the table. "Waitress !" He yelled

He snarled at the old man until he heard that his food was ready. A fluffy tail would wag as he trotted over to his meal. He was happy. So very happy. Sitting back by Eliza, Strtaos 'barked' at her to catch her attention.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Hollow's Tale Pub and Club (Closed)

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus