Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Orphanage

Jean Grey (played by DeathTakes)

(Oh and raven when possible can you also respond to Stonebridge Prison)
Mika Russell Guard (played by Etch)

(I think pranking Mika will be a very interesting endeavor, mainly because he doesn't quite understand the concept of a prank. He might take quite a bit of offense to it. XD)

Mika had fallen asleep again shortly after their conversation about their histories, although his sleep was still just as restless as before, with him tossing and turning in the sheets throughout the night. Sweat beaded down his forehead and he woke up gasping a few times before the girls had woken up, before eventually falling back asleep. He murmured softly in his sleep, although sometimes his voice would grow louder and his tone would become more agonizing. He did have a few very brief moments where he seemed to sleep peacefully, but they never lasted longer than a minute.

When the girls woke up, though, he was enduring a particularly restless moment of sleep. He thrashed in the bed, kicking and yelling at some invisible figure that was seemingly restraining him in his dream. He was soaked in sweat, the small bunk bed creaking with an effort to hold him. Yet, it seemed the bed failed, for he awoke when he eventually fell out of the bed, hitting his head hard enough to create a bump on the floor and waking up with a gasp, his eyes flashing open before he seemed to panic, letting out a yell that clearly caught the matron's attention, because one could hear a surprised voice from downstairs. He hugged himself tightly, sitting up and pushing himself up against his bed, hugging his knees to his chest. He glanced around the room with wide eyes, screaming, "No! Leave me alone! I thought you were gone! Go away!" Yet, there was no one there except the other kids. His eyes were attracted to every shadow, every dark corner of the room, and he didn't dare blink in fear that he would miss some sort of sudden movement against him.
Raven (played anonymously)

Ravens eyes widened and she turned to stare at Mika,who was completely freaking out. She just watched him shocked as he continued to thrash around and yell, grasping the air and even falling out of bed. When he curled up by himself, she just looked at him sorrowfully, and she really wanted to go over and hug him or something. But then he started shouting to someone who couldn't be seen, and decided that it was probably best if nobody touched him at the moment. Rather, she stood up and walked over to him, sitting down next to him as she pulled her knees to her chest.

"It's ok....Your friends are right here....There's nothing to be scared of....Right??"

She said to him as she sat there, his reaction causing some of her own memories to come back and haunt her. Though as much as she wanted to cry, she tried her best to keep it together for Mika's sake as she just sat there next to him if he needed her.
Mika Russell Guard (played by Etch)

Mika was in a trance, hardly noticing Raven's approach. In his eyes, the shadows were moving, speaking to him, and telling him to do terrible things.

"They're all evil..." The shadows claimed vehemently in his head, "Kill them all! They deserve to die like your master did! Feel their blood spill onto your hands!"

"No!" Mika shouted, "I don't want to kill anyone else! Leave me alone!"

"You can't escape us, Mika... You thought we were gone, but we were just feeding. Feeding on the blood of your master which you so kindly killed for us." The shadows laughed, their cackling filling the room and making Mika cover his ears, but it was in his head. The shadows were right; there was no escaping them.

"I didn't want to kill him..." Mika whimpered weakly, shaking his head in terror.

"We're hungry, Mika!" The shadows yelled impatiently, causing Mika to jump and shake his head in denial.

"I don't care! Just go away, please!" Mika begged, tears streaming down his face.

It was at this time that the matron burst through the door, immediately discovering Mika's condition as she turned on the lights. A large portion of the shadows suddenly disintegrated, letting out ferocious screams as they did so. Mika shouted, "No! Stop! You're making them angry; turn it back off! Turn it back off!" He shouted, and the matron looked confused for a moment, before her eyes lit up in realization and she turned the lights off. Mika sighed in slight relief as the shadows reappeared, but even though they weren't angry anymore, there were more voices than if the lights were off. It was overwhelming; he could hardly hear anything through it.

The matron turned towards the other kids, namely Raven. "Give him some space; let him calm down." She told them, although in truth he was scared of what he might do. The officer had told him of his history, and she didn't know what he was capable of in this condition. How far would he go to get rid of the voices in his head?
Iyu (played by _iNk3d) Topic Starter

Iyu looked over at the two, and sat down next to them.
"Hmm?? Is he okay?" He asked.
"I didn't know that I wasn't the only one who got nightmares..!" He said, smiling.
"But his case is worse.." He said, toning down his mood.
"Raven's right! You've got us! Your friends! We'll protect you!" He said, smiling.
"Aww, but I'm hungry.." He said, like the child he was.

Jean was sharpening a stick and she sighed a little.

Raven just stared at Mika wide eyed as he went completely off. And when the matron walked up to her and told her to walk away, she stared at Mika before tearing up. She really wanted to stay by Mika, but something told her that the matron wasn't taking no for an answer. So she stood up and nodded, before running out of the room and darting outside. She started crying, and her eyes glowed bright green as a gigantic hole formed in the ground. When it was there her eyes glowed bright blue and the hole filled with water, then turned to ice. Continuing to cry, and in an attempt to cheer herself up, she stepped onto the pond and started ice skating.

Jean twirled the stick and looked at everyone.

Iyu ran off after the girl in hopes to cheer her up. Iyu never had feelings for her, she was probably older than him, but he desperately wanted to help her; to cheer her up. Because isn't that what friends are for? He watched as the girl began ice skating gracefully on the now frozen pond, and sat down on the icy floor. He grabbed a sign and marker, convinently of course, and wrote the number '10' on it. He held the sign up for the girl to see, and made the mood more humorous, to make it feel like he was a judge scoring her amazing ice skating skills. He gave her a little smile followed with him sticking his tongue out.

As Raven was skating, she swirled around, only to skid to a stop as she saw it holding up a sign that read the number 10. Raven tilted her head, and upon realizing that he was scoring her, she cracked a small smile before skating up to him and taking a seat. She pulled her legs up as she always does and looks at him.

"Thanks..."

He gave her a small thumbs up, followed with another smile.
"It's kinda what I do." He said, grinning.
"You wanna stay here a bit longer or you think you can go back now?" He asked the girl, hoping not to offend her with the last sentence he said.

"I'd rather stay here....If I go in I'm gonna want to be with Mika, and until he calms down, that's not a good idea..."

She says staring out at the ice pond, glistening in the light of the sun. The sparkles on the pond that reflected off the pond made her give a small smile.

"It's so pretty.."

Iyu watched as she stared at the glistening pond.
"Yeah.." He agreed.
"I see why you want to stay here now.. I could sit here for hours.." He said, encasing himself within the sparking pond.

"yeah....If I wanted to I could melt it and go swimming, but it's still to cold for that."

She says laying back and staring up at the clouds, and putting her hands behind her back as she made shapes out of the many different clouds.

Iyu lays back as well, trying to identify and shapes in the clouds.
"Ooh! That cloud looks like a bunny!" He said, pointing at it.
"A-And that one looks like a flower!!"
After several other shapes being called out by Iyu, he goes strangely quiet.
"Hey, Raven? Do you like it here?" He asked her, getting on a more serious note, which is odd for Iyu, due to his natural child like manner.

Raven smiles as she looks at the clouds and names shapes. though she felt temse at his sudden question. She looked at him before turning over on her side and looking at him.

"Yeah. I've never had a home before. Let alone friends. And it beats being a thief. Why."

"I don't know.." He started.
"I feel really... At edge here. Like something bad is going to happen to us if we stay here." He said, turning fully on his side to meet the girl's face.
A small frown creased on his face, and it slowly turned into a pout.
"I don't wanna feel like that, Rave." He said, looking down at the grass.
"I don't like this feeling.."

"bad things happen everywhere. You can't avoid it. The only thing you can control is how severe of a situation would you rather be in."

She says while staring at him and making the grass rise to form a rose. She plucks it and hands it to him.

"But there's still beauty in the world. It's hard to find sometimes, but it's there."

"You're like a poet.." He said, staring at the girl in awe. He accepted the flower and smiled.
"Thanks, Raven. I feel safer now that you said that." He said, smiling at the girl.

"I've never considered myself a poet, but thanks.."

She says and after a moment she smiles. She stands up and grabs his hand, yanking him to his feet and dragging him out to the ice where she starts skating.

"Cmooooon!!!!"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Orphanage

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus