Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Orphanage

Jean Grey (played by DeathTakes)

Jean put the stake on fire and threw it at the ice from the doorway. She walked back inside as the ice slowly melted away.
"Burn baby burn." she whispered as she sat near Mika.
Iyu (played by _iNk3d) Topic Starter

Iyu laughed at the girl's sudden outburst, and followed her to the ice rink of a pond. He grabbed his ice skates he once again convinently had, and began to ice skate with the girl. He grabbed her hands and the two of them spun around in endless circles, until getting too dizzy to even stand.
Raven (played anonymously)

Raven notices a stick on fire flying at them, and watches it as it lands on the ice pond, slowly melting the surrounding ice. Her eyes widen as she looks back at the doorway.

"Is she...Trying to melt the ice?"

She says before skating over to the stick and picking it up.

Iyu's eyes widen at the sudden evaporation of ice. Once the whole pond is back to its original state, Iyu falls in, and doesn't come back up. Underwater, he splashes and tries to swim, but fails miserably, and sinks farther and farther down.

Raven swims to the surface after falling in the water, but notices that iyu doesn't surface. She panics and dives in, looking for him. When she finds him she swims all the way to the bottom and grabs him, swimming to the surface and dragging him out of the pond and lying him on the ground.

"I-iyu! A-are you on?!"

Iyu opens his eyes, followed with him aggressively coughing up pond water and slight blood. He looks at the girl and gives her a halfhearted smile.
"Guess I can't swim.." He said, before blacking out once again.

Raven watches him and sighs, before grabbing his arms and dragging him inside. Once she reaches the stairs, she attempts to put him on his back and carry him upstairs. She manages, with more than a bit of trouble, and when she reaches the top she drags him to his bed. She lifts him up and puts him in bed before letting out a huge sigh.

"There...."

She says before walking out and going back outside, trying to find a open clearing and lie down in the center.

In Iyu's blacked out dream, he sees himself. Except, it's not him. It's one of him. And another. And another. His body.. Is split into three parts, cutting down his sides vertically. His eyes are bleeding red blood, and his mouth is open in an eerie way, with the same kind of ooze, only black, like tar. He is standing front of a mirror, with his hand touching his reflection. He's scared, but he can't make sense of what is happening. Because he can't accept it. On the mirror, there are the words, "yOUrE NoT gOOd eNOugH" written in blood. He wants to wake up, but he can't. He can't accept this; he doesn't want to. He curls up into a ball and cries. He cries because he's not good enough, because he knows the mirror is correct, and because he believes it.

After a long while, Raven senses a disturbance back at the house. She can't tell what it is, but she feels something telling her to check it out. So she gets up and goes back, walking all throughout the house to investigate the source. Upon getting to the bedroom, she sees iyu, what looks like he's having a nightmare. She sighs and goes to the bed, crawling up and lying next to him.

"It's ok..."

Iyu woke up in a sweating fit, and turned to see Raven next to him. He smiled at her company and spoke.
"Hey, Rave." He said, weakly.
"How long was I out?" He said, smiling.

Raven looked at iyu as he woke up, and gave a small smile before yawning herself. She sits up and crosses her legs before speaking up.

"An hour and a half. Are you ok now??"

She says leaning her back against the wall as she watched him.

(Sorry if my responses are a bit slow, I'm watching a movie w/ my family.)

He got up slowly, rising to his feet.
"Yeah, I think so." He said, rubbing his head.
"I had a bad dream, however. Not on the pretty side either."
He walked over to the windowsill, looking beyond the horizon.
"What do you see me as?" He asked her, tensing the mood.
"Like, truthfully. Who and what do you see me as a person?" He added, looking at the girl.

(it's ok!!!)

Raven is taken back by his question. How was she supposed to answer that? Honestly? She hadn't known him ling enough to give a good answer. But then, that's what first impressions are for, right? After a moment of silence, she speaks up.

"I see you as a person who cares about his friends and cares about making sure they're happy. I see you as kind, funny, and caring. And worthy. Why?"
Jean Grey (played by DeathTakes)

Jean looks at Iyu and Raven. "Guess some people can't swim." She said as she laughed a little.

"Um, because.. In my dream, I saw myself as my split personalities, not myself. I was told I'm not good enough, and I just wanted someone else's opinion on who I really am, I suppose." He said.
He looked over at Jean and pouted.
"I was never taught." He said, in a rude manner.

Raven sits there quietly for a minute, pondering his statement and trying to shake out the memories that flooded her mind. She shakes her head and nods at him.

"Well that's a lie. Because you are. Besides, your probably my first friend."

She says smiling.

He smiles back at her.
"Thanks. I believe you are, too, my first friend. Also, thanks for telling me what you see me as, it really did help." He said, smiling once again.

Raven smiles at him and nods, before turning away and yawning. She rubbed the tiredness out of her eyes for a moment before turning back to him and standing up, motioning to the door.

"You hungry? Maybe we can get some food."

Iyu practically jumps out of bed with that sentence she said.
"Really?! I've been waiting so long for some food, but I didn't know when was the right time to ask! Of course I want food!" He said eagerly.
"My mouth is drooling just thinking about it!" He says, jumping out of bed and standing next to the girl.
"Let's go!"

"O-ok!"

Raven says as she runs downstairs and scurries off into the kitchen. She climbs on top of the counter since she's to short to reach, and opens up the cabinets, scavenging them for food.

"What exactly is it that you want to eat??"

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Orphanage

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus