Skip to main content

Forums » General Roleplay » The Orphanage

Iyu (played by _iNk3d) Topic Starter

Iyu stares at the girl as she breaks the conversation between him and Mika. He watches as she takes Mika's hand into hers and does some sort of magic spell on him, and she says he is now protected by her. Iyu gasps at the girl and points a finger a her.
"ARE YOU A WITCH!?" He asked her, his imagination running wild with ideas.
"WHOOOOAHHH!!! THAT'S SO COOL!!!" The boy said, jumping up and down, with a spring in his step. He runs over to the girl, and grabs her hands, intertwining his fingers with hers.
"Do some magic on me!" He said, smiling eagerly, waiting for the girl to work some sort of fairy magic on him. Iyu's never met any sort of magical being before, and to see this girl work something like that, it was enchanting.
"Next you're gonna tell me that the moon landings were actually real!"
Mika Russell Guard (played by Etch)

Mika flinched at Iyu's high-pitched wail, trying to hide his fear every time the boy made such a sound. When he insisted he tell the truth, Mika seemed ready to answer, the obedient little dog he was, yet another girl interrupted before he could. Honestly, he couldn't say he minded; he'd rather not answer. Yet, when she blew something cold and white at him, he pulled his knees to his chest, shivering. Although he'd never seen snow except through a window and on his master's clothes when they came home sometimes, he knew what it was. He didn't really believe her about the spell, but he kept his mouth shut, nodding a bit.

He did find it odd that the snow came from her hands, though. He thought it was supposed to come from the sky, right? He made a look like he wanted to ask a question, but couldn't decide whether it was safe to do so or not. Sure, he had ears and a tail, but wasn't it strange to be able to control snow? He'd never met anyone else who could do that...

(Ack! I missed a post again. Sorry; just say that Mika was surprised by Iyu's outburst..)
Raven (played anonymously)

Raven went back to watching the window, but only for the smallest of moments. Though her head snapped towards iyu when he screamed and noticed he was pointing at her. Her face instantly turned red and her eyes watered, thinking she was about to be rejected and outcasted again. Though, to her surprise, he just ran up to her and intertwined his fingers with hers. Now she was really confused and flabbergasted. Nobody had ever had this reaction towards her before, and she didn't know what he wanted her to do.

"U-um....O-ok...."

She says thinking for a moment before her eyes turn green and start glowing. At that moment, vines emerge from her fingertips and could themselves all the way up iyus arms, completely covering his arm in vines.

Iyu gasped, watching innocently as the vines climbed their way up his arms. He smiled at them, admiring the slight note of flowers blooming and blossoming from the roots. Iyu's face lit up, and he looked at Mika with an "are-you-seeing-what-I'm-seeing" sort of look. He turned back to the girl with the same smile and noticed how her powers changed from ice to nature.
"Ohh, so you can control elements?" He asked
"I wish I could do that.." He said, bringing pity on himself, and hanging his head down in shame. After a moment of silence, he re spoke.
"Oh, well! We can't win 'em all!" He said, suddenly springing back into his jumpy attitude, catching them off guard. He giggled at their reactions, and jumped around the room with his new vine hands, as if he were playing an invisible game of hopscotch.

Ravens eyes widened as she watched his reaction. Her eyes went from iyu, to Mika, then back to iyu. Her face falls as iyu mentions how he wished he could do that, and for a moment, she doesn't notice him hopscotching around the room. She thinks back to the time before the incident, and tears well up in her eyes, but when she finally notices iyu, she just chuckles.

"H-here...."

She says as her eyes turn blue and she holds her hand out to the floor. An ice blast shoots out from her hands to the floor, completely covering the entirety of the floor in ice. She just chuckles quietly and looks back put the window.

"Ice skating."

Iyu gasps, holding the gasp for like seven good seconds, then watches as the floor suddenly transforms into an ice rink.
"WHOOOAAAHHHH!!!!" The boy said, being taken aback by all the awesome magic. He grins widely and convinently grabs ice skates from his backpack.
"I came prepared." He says, giggling. Iyu puts on his ice skates and magically glides through the rink, doing cool flips and stuff.
"I am a pro!" He says, smiling at the figure eight he just made.
"Well, at least one of me is." He says, with a weird tone.

Raven chuckles quietly as she watched his reaction. And she couldn't help but find it quite amusing that he just conviently had a pair of ice skates in his pack, and watched as he ice skates. Though her curiousity got the best of her at his last comment.

"One of you???"

She says quietly under her breath as she watches him.

Iyu stops skating, hearing the girl ask him the question many people ask.
"Huh? Well, yeah. One of us. I have a multiple personality disorder. Didn't anyone tell you?" He asked, and continued skating, like it was no big deal.
"Yeah. 'Cause of that, I have weird voices in my head that tell me things. Usually they're helpful, but there are times they're telling me to jump off a roof or something, haha." He says, trying to avoid the numerous times he had almost killed himself due to the voices in his head.
"Sometimes.." He started, straining his voice.
"Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever be normal. If the voices will ever stop. I've tried ending it all end before. Making the suffering stop in a better way.. By killing myself.. But no. I told myself it wouldn't do anything. I'd probably go to Hell anyway, heh."
By this point, tears were forming in the boy's eyes. But he didn't stop. He didn't want to. He wanted to talk about it. He wanted someone to listen; to tell him it would be okay, someone to comfort him. He never had that. So he didn't stop.
"So I stood up. And I got my life together. I lived with the voices, and with the hurtful tendencies. I'm dying inside. Slowly. It hurts, yeah, but I can get through it. With friends." He said, giving the group a crooked yet broken smile. They could see he was hurting, a lot. He stopped talking, and stayed silent. He knew if he kept talking, he'd have an emotional breakdown. He curled into a ball and set his chin on his knees, and let the tears fall. He didn't want them to see his emotional side, he wanted to be the strong, the happy, cheerful one. But he just couldn't. So he cried. He cried his heart out that night. That emotional night.

Raven just tilted her head, sadly as she listened to his story. She frowned and watched him. After a moment her eyes glow bright red and the fireplace suddenly erupts with a flame. Raven climbs off the window sill and walks over to iyu, sitting besides him and pulling her knees to her chest once again. She didn't look at him, but rather the fireplace before speaking up.

".....I killed my parents....."

She says plainly almost at a low whisper. She sighs before continuing.

"It wasn't on purpose. Where I'm from, magic is forbidden. If your born with the ability to perform magic, your immediately outcasted by everyone, even your own family. So, growing up I was bullied. My parents would hurt me when they got mad. I never used my magic in the hopes they would accept me. But instead, all it did was build up Inside me. Then, one day, they were hurting me again and it became too much. I remember my eyes turning white, and the Earth around me shaking. Then everything went black for me. And when I woke up, my house was destroyed, my parents dead and bloodied underneath the rubble."

She says tearing up as she tells her story to iyu.

"From that moment on, I've been banished. I wasn't allowed to return or they would kill me. For 3 years now, I've been traveling on my own, living in the forest by myself through all types of weather. For a time, I even lived as a their, stealing money and pitpocketing. I was caught, and the man told me if I didn't go here, then I'd be reported to the police and be sent back home. Which for me, means a death sentence."

She said finally not able to stop the tears from running down her cheeks. She puts a hand on iyus shoulder for a moment before removing it.

"I-i get the feeling well both be ok though...."

Iyu sniffed, meeting the girl's eyes, and nodded to her slowly. He gave her a small smile and scooted over to her, giving her a warm hug. He didn't know if he needed the hug more than she did, but he could tell they both really needed one right about now. He let go after a while of them sitting there, and stood up.
"Well.." He started.
"There's no point in us moping around, right?" He said, smiling to the girl, casually shifting back to his gleeful attitude. He bounced up and down, until speaking again.
"Hey, you wanna get a midnight snack or something?" He asked the girl, rubbing his growling stomach with a small smile.
"We deserve a small meal!" He said, giving her a thumbs up.
"How about it??" He asked eagerly.

Raven jumped slightly at the sudden hug from iyu. She hugged him back, before seeing him let go of her and stand up. She tilts her head to the side slightly confused.

"W-well, I haven't seen the matron, and I don't even know if I'm allowed to live here....B-besides, what if we get in trouble?? I-i also really need a bath..."

She says referring to the leaves in her hair and the burrs in her clothes, as she was also covered in dirt.

Mika listened, surprised by the sudden turn of events. He felt strangely compelled to tell more of his own story; something he'd never felt before. What was it about them that made him feel like he could talk to them?

Finally, after much consideration, he spoke.

"I was born into the underground slave market. I'm 16, although most of the auctioneers say I'm nine because undernourishment has made me look younger; it's bad for business if I look extremely unhealthy. My mother was used for genetic experiments in hopes of creating the perfect servant, and they were experimenting with the Japanese idealism of the perfect servant when I was created. They were hoping for a girl, but they messed up with the genetics and got a boy. So, I was sold into the same slavery system as humans, and was ridiculed even by my fellow slaves because I was created specifically to be one. I..." He had been holding back tears, but now they spilled out freely. "...I have had fourteen masters in my life time; the longest of which I've had for a year, before the police found me and took me here. I....I had a little sister, once upon a time. Her name was Elmi. We weren't related by blood, but she was the only one who accepted me for who I was. She...She was a slave, too. We met when I was with my fifth master. But, when my master realized how close we were, he....he....." He looked down at his hand, examining his palm with a worrying intensity, before shaking his head to clear it. "He killed her, right in front of me. Dragged her right out of my arms and....and tortured her until she died." He paused, feeling his eyes for tears.

"I don't think I've ever cried so much in my life...I usually hold it in, so I won't be punished." He whispered, but even as he said this, his face was only accented with a few tears; he wasn't even crying particularly hard.

"I....I don't think I've ever talking this much, either... It's just like........I know you won't hurt me because you have all been hurt, too..."

He shook his head, wiping away his tears, pulling his knees to his chest. "I'm sorry....I should....I shouldn't have said anything. Nevermind."

Iyu lost his tone of voice when he heard the boy, Mika, talk about his beforelife. He walked up to him and sat down, and pulled him in to an embrace.
"We're all broken here. It's okay. We have each other now." He said to the boy, hoping to reassure him.
"Nonetheless," Iyu said.
"We've all had our own craptastic lives, but we can get through it. With each other." He finished.
"So.. Um.. Lunch?" He said, grinning.

Ravens eyes widened as she stared at Mika and listened to his story. His story mad her sad, and when he was done telling it the first thought that ran through her mind was that she couldn't believe he was 16. The second thought was that he wasn't exactly different than she was. I mean, yeah, he was different. But he was on his own too. She stood up and walked over to him, giving him a hug too.

"I-im so sorry...."

She said tearing up and tears started slowly running down her cheek. After a moment, she quickly let's go and scoots over so she wasn't to close, pulling her legs back up to her chest and burying her head in them.

"S-s-sorry..."
((Would you mind if I joined in?))

(I don't mind. Though you probs make sure everyone else is cool with it)
((Okay))

(Go ahead and join! I look forward to roleplaying w/ you! ^^)
Jean Grey (played by DeathTakes)

Jean woke up and ran to everyone else and looked at them. "How was everyone's sleep?" She asked calmly while looking at them. She smelled the food and she gagged. She sighed and leaned against the wall calmly.

You are on: Forums » General Roleplay » The Orphanage

Moderators: Mina, Keke, Cass, Auberon, Claine, Ilmarinen, Ben, Darth_Angelus